Welcome to Gaia! ::

AND IN THE NAME OF AWESOME I WILL PUNISH YOU!!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for Sailor Moon fans that have experienced all of the mega-series! 

Tags: Sailor Moon, Bishoujo Senshi, Sera Myu, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, Naoko Takeuchi 

Reply Sailor Moon Anime & Manga
Sailor Moon Dub On YouTube

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:38 am
User Image
"...

So I officially think Toei doesn't really give a damn about the English dub. Especially since DiC went the way of the dodo in 2008. I found this channel which has been uplading dubbed episodes of Sailor Moon for about a half year now and hasn't been taken down at the time of this posting, so enjoy your nostalgia trip ~ ≧ヮ≦

..."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:12 am
To be fair if the DIC hadn't dicked around so much maybe we would have gotten another chance. Also fans keep complaining about it which makes it harder still. At least it wasn't as bad as this: See here  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:50 pm
Miss-dark8607
To be fair if the DIC hadn't dicked around so much maybe we would have gotten another chance. Also fans keep complaining about it which makes it harder still. At least it wasn't as bad as this: See here

User Image
"...

Yay! Hero Turtles! They remind me of the Japanese Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show that had fairies for no reason ~ ≧ヮ≦

What bothers me so much about the dub in retrospect is they went to such great lengths to censor, cut, change, and do everything different from the original to make it as Americanized as possible. Then when it came time to do Stars and all the sudden it was wayyyyy too hard to do the same thing they had been doing all along and they dropped the series like a rock. Wat.

I think that's why Toei can't even take it seriously, it's really it's own thing. It's own very laughably bad thing ~ yum_puddi

..."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:57 pm
Kawaisa Sailor Moon

User Image
"...

Yay! Hero Turtles! They remind me of the Japanese Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show that had fairies for no reason ~ ≧ヮ≦

What bothers me so much about the dub in retrospect is they went to such great lengths to censor, cut, change, and do everything different from the original to make it as Americanized as possible. Then when it came time to do Stars and all the sudden it was wayyyyy too hard to do the same thing they had been doing all along and they dropped the series like a rock. Wat.

I think that's why Toei can't even take it seriously, it's really it's own thing. It's own very laughably bad thing ~ yum_puddi

..."

That's the 90's for you. Its the very same with 4kids and every title they got their hands on. Actually Toei froze the rights and cancel nearly every international version of Sailor Moon before Cloverway or anyone else could do Starz here in the states. They even said no to Funi who have done a pretty good job with DBZ and other Toei' titles. So yeah it wasn't our companies that messed up Toei just decided that they didn't want anything comrising the DVD sales in Japan. (It's really weird)  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:29 pm
Miss-dark8607
That's the 90's for you. Its the very same with 4kids and every title they got their hands on. Actually Toei froze the rights and cancel nearly every international version of Sailor Moon before Cloverway or anyone else could do Starz here in the states. They even said no to Funi who have done a pretty good job with DBZ and other Toei' titles. So yeah it wasn't our companies that messed up Toei just decided that they didn't want anything comprising the DVD sales in Japan. (It's really weird)

User Image
"...

Ugh trust me I know since I'm a 90s kid ~ ≧ヮ≦
Hopefully since industry standards have drastically improved we'll get some form of compromise. It's already looking up since Kodansha's N.A. branch has been working out pretty well ~ emotion_c8

..."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:00 pm
Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Miss-dark8607
That's the 90's for you. Its the very same with 4kids and every title they got their hands on. Actually Toei froze the rights and cancel nearly every international version of Sailor Moon before Cloverway or anyone else could do Starz here in the states. They even said no to Funi who have done a pretty good job with DBZ and other Toei' titles. So yeah it wasn't our companies that messed up Toei just decided that they didn't want anything comprising the DVD sales in Japan. (It's really weird)

User Image
"...
Ugh trust me I know since I'm a 90s kid ~ ≧ヮ≦
Hopefully since industry standards have drastically improved we'll get some form of compromise. It's already looking up since Kodansha's N.A. branch has been working out pretty well ~ emotion_c8

..."

Yeah depsite all the haters 3nodding And I just decided that I will change the thread and the poll in the AMC thread and did get back to Tumblr. Cause I have a bunch of stuff to reblog and post. Because I'm super popular today!? emotion_facepalm  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Captain

Blessed Lover

10,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:12 pm
Miss-dark8607
Yeah depsite all the haters 3nodding And I just decided that I will change the thread and the poll in the AMC thread and did get back to Tumblr. Cause I have a bunch of stuff to reblog and post. Because I'm super popular today!? emotion_facepalm

User Image
"...

lol probably because I'm actually talking today instead of just kinda lurking like I tend to do a lot, I've been trying to post a lot more lately and do a lot more writing in general ~ ninja

..."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:16 pm
Kawaisa Sailor Moon
Miss-dark8607

User Image
"...

lol probably because I'm actually talking today instead of just kinda lurking like I tend to do a lot, I've been trying to post a lot more lately and do a lot more writing in general ~ ninja

..."

Your posts are awesome. TY for all the support. emotion_hug You better have a GREAT 2013!

Moonie out  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Sailor Moon Anime & Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas