Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:22 pm
The Hobbit just came out!
Everyone prepare yourselves for jokes about trolls turning into stone.
Unless of course your troll character does in fact turn to stone in the sunlight, in which case I guess that shouldn't be a problem.
I for one will not be applying this mythology which as far as I can tell is unique to Tolkien's world.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:31 pm
*looks curious*Huh, in some of the myths I'd read into, most trolls did turn into stone when hit with sunlight..that and through various films..but, it may very well not apply to all kinds of trolls XD. Mine usually just gets sick when exposed to the sun, as she is only half...  

Lyfjaberg

Wicked Trickster

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:58 pm
As far as I know, that trend didn't appear until after Tolkien introduced it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:04 pm
Ah, in relation to this 'stony' idea..in one of the Pathfinder games a friend introduced, he created a troll type that was...pretty much a stone being, with human form. Was interesting and you bringing this up made me think of it.

XD Just wanted to add that.  

Lyfjaberg

Wicked Trickster

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm
That is actually pretty interesting. Did he just have stone skin or was he stone all the way through?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:56 pm
Ah, it was a race he created that I chose to make a character for..pretty much another version of my oc. But yeah, the skin was stone all the time. You could make the troll any height or size, but they were always of a heavier weight due to being stone. Their eyes were also of more gemlike colors..such as amber, or onyx. Their teeth were also made of stone, which was perfect for eating rock or hard substances.  

Lyfjaberg

Wicked Trickster

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:00 pm
No, I meant was the skin stone over muscle and bones or were they solid stone all the way through?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm
Ahh, I'm not sure. He never explained that bit unfortunately. But if I were to make a guess, I'd think it was skin over muscle and bone instead of just solid stone.  

Lyfjaberg

Wicked Trickster

Teratophiliac

Feral Spirit

17,500 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:44 am
I kinda like Holly Black's take on it. In her book Valiant, the trolls turn to stone in sunlight, but go back to normal after night falls as apposed to permanently turning to stone. Kinda like gargoyles smile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:32 pm
That sounds exactly like gargoyles actually.
Interesting...  

Skadi Sundermount

Snack

Neutral Grounds

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas