Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:07 am
Pavilo

As Jonathan begins to storm out, QB's voice chimes in his mind, saying You Pass~ Bring Him In.

Hesitating, Jonathan pulls at Disan and finds that the barrier keeping him out is gone, and the unconscious man is moved without any real problem.

The Outer Chamber Was To Test Your Mind. The Next One Was To Test Your Body. This One Was A Test Of Your Spirit. Had You Shown An Ugly, Barren Spirit, My Master Declared That You Were To Be Tossed Out, Unwelcome In His Room Of Beauty And Elegance. Please Do Not Be Angry With Me~
QB's tail swishes as he hops down from his ball. Walking over to the door, he sits down and says We Have Access To Grand Arts, But Also To Wonderous Medical Technology. Two Shadow people wearing hospital scrubs and stethoscopes come out and help silently carry Disan Vaugn away into the room on the left (after entering). It Will Take Several Days For Us To Repair Him, But Don't Fret. This Is One Of The Safest Places In The World To Be. Even Death Has Next To No Power Here In This Room. My Master Reigns Supreme Here.

Sharon and the others look at each other, then shrug and say "Well, It can't hurt to rest a bit. Especially if he's going to help that guy instead of leaving him to the buzzards."

Raising a Paw, he adds So, Would You All Like That Tour Now? Won't Take Long. I Promise.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:42 am
Cowpies77
Jonathan is relieved to hear they're going to take care of Disan, but he is still agitated by the experience. He doesn't reply to QB at first but once he takes some deep breaths after bringing Disan to the interior he finally says to QB, "I'm still riled up, but a tour would be nice. It might calm me back down. Thank you for taking him in."  

Pavilo

Humorist

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 am
Pavilo

QB says In The Future, We Would Also Appreciate It If You Didn't Blame Personal Weaknesses And Failings Of Your Self Or Friends On Us. That Is Fundamentally Inaccurate To Suggest That We Are Responsible For Sharon Dying.
Pointing a paw at the party, he adds You Took The Test Of Your Own Free Will And With Consent, Knowing That Death Was A Possible Outcome For Accepting Our Challenge. You Should Look At Each Other If You Wish To Find Someone To Be Upset With On That Point. You Were Not Mice, And That Was Not A Mousetrap.

Letting the bard stew a bit, QB begins to walk around. Moving to three large Machines (the orange Rectangles on the map, in the bottom left corner) that stretch nearly 10' wide, and twice as high, QB hops up on the shoulder of a shadow person. These Are The Vending Machines. You Look To See What You Want, Push A Few Buttons To Enter In The 3-Digit Code, Insert The Appropriate Amounts Of Gold, Silver, Copper or Platinum, Crank The Lever And Get Your Prize.
Batting the head of the Shadow Person a bit, the immaterial figure demonstrates by putting a gold piece into the machine, pushing three buttons and pulling on a crank. With a *DING!* sound, the person reaches into a slot and pulls out a rolled up piece of parchment. QB adds Thankfully For You All, Sharp Things Come With A Sheath And The Interior Is Padded If You Buy A Thunderstone Or Similar Fragile Item. That Machine Deals With Assorted Nick-Knacks. Things Like Food, Clothing, Jewelry, Gear... Miscellaneous Things. The Second One Deals In Magical Items, Usually Potions, Wands, Rings and Scrolls, But It Does Occasionally Spit Out Wonderous Items And Staffs. And The Third Machine Deals In Weapons And Armor. Looking over the party, QB adds It Only Stocks Masterwork And Above Quality Items. I'm Not Quite Sure If You're Up For That Yet. Moving On.

Handing the rolled up parchement to Jonathan, it turns out to be the Area Map that was promised
User Image

Moving to the empty table with the purple couch, QB says This Is Just A Place To Relax And Enjoy Some Company Or Atmosphere. We Have Menus If You Want Some Hot Food Or A Drink Other Than Water.
The Shadow Person taps the table, which begins projecting a food and drink selection in mid air. Another tap puts it away. The Shadow Person ignores the gate and climbs over the couches to move to the unmarked wooden door. QB says This Doorway And Beyond Are Strictly Off-Limits To You And Your Kith. You Haven't Performed Any Services For My Master, So You Are Prohibited From Continuing Onwards. My Master Insists That You Be Aware That This Is But An Elaborate Waiting Room, However.

Moving to the Top Right Corner of the room (on the map), QB says If You Occasionally Feel Like Dancing Or Practicing A Performance Or Some Sort Of Craft, We Have Reserved This Space For You.

Leaving the Shadow Person to play the Piano, QM moves over to the door near the upper left area of the map. And This Is A Door. It Connects To Multiple Rooms. It Was Made On A Lark From My Master. Please Don't Use It If You Can Avoid It. The Door Tends To Forget Sometimes Where And Sometimes When It's Supposed To Connect For A While. So, That Concludes The Tour. Any Questions?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:50 am
There's also a chest placed out for the party:

• 1 Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield
  • 1 suit of Half Plate armor
  • 1 suit of Masterwork Studded Leather Armor
  • 1 suit of Leather Armor
  • 1 Longbow
  • 1 Composite Shortbow made of exotic woods (Not special woods like darkwood though)
  • 20 arrows
  • 1 Sap
  • 1 Grappling Hook
  • 2 Glass Bottles
  • And intricate set of masterwork pan pipes
  • 1 Backpack (Empty)
  • 1 Potion of Shield of faith
  • 1 Elixir of tumbling
  • 1 Potion of Magic weapon
  • 400 silver
  • 360 gold

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Pavilo

Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:01 pm
Cowpies77
Jonathan thought to himself that the point on Sharon wasn't what upset him, he just didn't have better words to express what he meant. He wouldn't say anything and make it an issue, there was no point in that. He had already picked up the stuff he threw on the ground before moving on, while the tour was conducted he just put the items into his pack and would organize them later. When he finished viewing the map he passed it around to the others so they could see it.

When presented with the gear, Jonathan looked it over and set aside two pieces of armor and the shortbow, "I'd like to keep this bow, and about this armor. Sharon, do you think you could wear this one?" he asked while pointing to the studded leather, "I think it will be a good protection, but I know some people can't wear armor so well. If not, I would like to keep it if that's okay with the rest of you. I need to get something better than what I have though, so this or the leather would work. We should also see about getting Wilford something better than a club for a fight."

I think Wilford is the one who only has a club right now, if it's Daraugh then that's the name he says there.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 pm
Pavilo

When presented with the gear, Jonathan looked it over and set aside two pieces of armor and the shortbow, "I'd like to keep this bow, and about this armor. Sharon, do you think you could wear this one?" he asked while pointing to the studded leather, "I think it will be a good protection, but I know some people can't wear armor so well. If not, I would like to keep it if that's okay with the rest of you. I need to get something better than what I have though, so this or the leather would work. We should also see about getting Wilford something better than a club for a fight."

Sharon says "Nuh-uh. It makes it hard for me to move around in that stuff, and I need to move to use my powers."

Wilford meanwhile takes the sap, saying "Hope no one has any objections to this. Yoink~!"

Daraugh meanwhile has Jungo help him equip the suit of half-plate, saying "I feel ready for round two now. Hyah~! This feels more up to my comfort zone."
Jungo takes the shield, and moves to the empty space in the top-right and begins practicing his steps with a shield and axe, and looking quite skilled with it actually. After a few minutes, his tail flops about somewhat like a dog's tail, wagging a bit as he looks over the gleaming shield.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Pavilo

Humorist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 pm
Cowpies77
Jonathan nodded to Sharon as he started to go through his inventory. He set his old shortbow to the side and replaced it with the composite shortbow. His padded armor was removed and he put on the new studded leathers.

"It looks like all of us have found something for ourselves, save for Sharon who should probably get a chance to purchase an something from the machines. I'll leave it up to you in order to figure out the rest of this, I want to learn more about what we're getting into over here. I'll fill you in once this is all done."

Jonathan went to QB, "Thank you for your patience, I have one question right now but I might have more later. You say this is a waiting room and that we haven't performed a service for your master. What services would we be talking about?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:32 am
Pavilo
Jonathan went to QB, "Thank you for your patience, I have one question right now but I might have more later. You say this is a waiting room and that we haven't performed a service for your master. What services would we be talking about?"

Sharon rolls around a bit in all the gold and silver. She seems to be enjoying herself.
Wilford eyes the leather armor and slips away with it, calling "dibs~"

QB is found napping on a couch,and raises his head to look at Jonathan. Oh, This And That. Small Things, Things You Would Not Normally Think About, Can Have A Big Effect On The Course Of Events. Sometimes, Delivering A Message To The Right Person At The Right Time, Preventing Someone From Falling Due To A Tragic Accident... Sometimes Just Talking To Someone Who Is Lonely. A Gentle Push Is Sometimes All It Takes To Set Things In Motion.
All I Can Say Is That, When You Are Called Upon Jonathan, Make Sure You Act. The Action May Seem Silly To You, But To Others, It Can Mean The Whole World. It May Be A Trivial Action To You, But If You Decide On Inaction, It Could Result In A Tragic Series Of Events. And If That Occurs Too Many Times?
QB smiles a bit with his eyes, I Wouldn't Bet On Things Ending Well For You Or Your Friends.

Coughing into his paw, QB adds Not To Intimidate You, But My Master Just Has High Expectations For You. It Is Definitely Beneficial For You To Remain In His Good Standings, As My Master Is A Valuable Patron, Who Still Has Inconceivable Levels Of Influence In Worldly Events, Even If No One Knows It. And Don't Worry, While You May Have To Kill In Pursuit, You Will Never Be Expected Nor Asked To Do Something So... Inelegant Out Of Hand. Assassinations And Murder Is...
QB fluffs up a bit as he shudders and sticks out his tongue in displeasure as if he ate something bad, letting his body language finish his thought for him.

If You Are Looking For Something To Do, I Suggest You Buy A Compass And A Waterskin. You Should Avoid Going To Gul If You Can Help It. Some Of The Residents There May Not Approve Of You Killing One Of Their Own. Instead, Head Straight Into The Mountains There And Go South-West.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Pavilo

Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:40 pm
Cowpies77
Jonathan stirred over this for a while, he folded his arms across his front and rubbed his chin. He took a deep breath and exhaled, "I've stepped into something big, haven't I? In any case, I have a couple more questions. Do these expectations extend to the others, will they be held accountable to these services? If not, may I be told why I am? I'm just curious. I've been told that I am too curious for my own good, but it has worked for me so far. I am willing to perform services, but I also need to know if this will be through my entire life or a set amount of time."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:53 pm
Pavilo

QB wags his tail slowly, saying only Just You, Although They Can Help You If They Choose. My Master And People Like My Master Prefer To Make People Hurt Any Way Possible Should They Opt To Ignore Them, And If That Means That They Crush Anyone You Feel Any Empathy For Before They Off You, So Be It. Failure Can Be Forgiven With Enough Good Deeds. Apathy Cannot. As For Why Someone Such As Yourself? You Could Say That My Master Is A Considerable Supporter Of Dramatic Arts. My Master Would Pose This Question To You: In Your Recitations, You Recant Stories Of Heroes That Rose Up And Left A Legacy Worth Retelling. At The End Of Your Travels, Whether They Be Ignominious Or Glorious, Would You Like To Earn That Sort Of Respect And Adoration?
Letting that sink in a moment, QB then answers the other question Why? Do You Have Something More Important To Do? In A Rush, With Someplace To Be? Standing on his hindlegs, QB gives a dramatic "Damsel-in-Distress" sort of pose, saying You Were A God's Plaything, Tossed Into The Ocean. Plucked Out, But Now Stranded In An Exotic Location, But So Busy That You Can't Spare Maybe Two Hours Of Time Out Of Your Day To Change The World For The Better. Feigning death, QB rolls on to his back with his legs sticking into the air, saying Alas! We Are All Doomed!

Lying there in mock death, QB rolls on his side after a few minutes and says My Master Knows What You Are Capable Of, Even If You Do Not. You Will Be Given Tasks That You Can Be Reasonably Expected To Complete. However, What Those Tasks Are Specifically, And Where And When, Are Completely Unknown To Me.

Scratching his soft, furry tummy, QB adds And Yes. You Have Stumbled Across Something Big. The Question You Should Ask Is 'How Big?' To Which, I Will Sit Here, Look Adorable And Reply 'Do Well, And You May See.'  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Pavilo

Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:56 pm
Cowpies77
"I never said any of that, I just need to know so as to set my mind at ease. I've been careful to avoid being under heavy obligations until now, but it seems that life has a way of catching up with people. I don't really have any more questions, so I'll get the compass and waterskin. If there's anything else you need me to know, let me know."

Jonathan would wait to hear what QB has to say, give a simple response, and then he'll return to the others to inform them of important details but he wouldn't bring up the compass/waterskin. He'd finish by saying, "This situation is getting bigger by the minute, and without all of you I wouldn't have gotten this far. If you want to get out of this before something else comes along I won't blame you and I won't try to stop you."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:09 am
Pavilo
He'd finish by saying, "This situation is getting bigger by the minute, and without all of you I wouldn't have gotten this far. If you want to get out of this before something else comes along I won't blame you and I won't try to stop you."

QB, poking his head over the couch cushions, calls out I Suggested A Compass Because You Look Like You Would Drown In A Bathtub If Left To Your Natural Senses Of Direction. I Saw You Outside, You Have A Tendency To Be Oblivious To Your Surroundings. No Offense~ Leaping to the table, QB taps the panels a bit, and has a small strawberry shortcake delivered to him. He snacks on it, making rather vocal "nom nom nom nom~" sounds.

Sharon, tapping various buttons and pulling things on the vending machines, calls out "Back out to where? While we have a map, it doesn't really help us."

Wilford, now donning some swanky new leather armor, says "Yeah, We're kinda stuck up a river without a paddle. If this... thing, has some sort of bearing, then I say we follow it. Better than getting my guts spilled out again, y'know? Wandering about on my own didn't really pay off for me, so I guess I'm sticking with you lot."

Daraugh says "If there's money in it, I'm good." Knocking on his armor, he says "Spoils of War work in a pinch as well, too. I'll reserve the right to back out later though."

Jungo just grunts and says "If we're on a ssssmall dinky island, you'll need an Exsssperiencsssed Ssssailor. And I don't want to sssstay here. Sssso I'm in too."

Any last minute bits? Sharon took the backpack and filled it with the gold, silver and glass bottles, and Jungo also took the Longbow and Arrows if no one was claiming them.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Pavilo

Humorist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:51 am
Cowpies77
Just the compass, anything else I would be interested in is far far beyond any money we've got right now. Namely wands, but that's a-okay by me right now.

Jonathan would get his compass, and then sit and get himself something to eat and drink. Just water for the drink, but he'll spend 3gp to get food for the lot of them to enjoy if there's a cost, if not he'll enjoy a meal with them and then pack up on some trail rations which he'll split up for the group. Not really much going on unless you want to get directly into some roleplaying parts, that would be cool by me. I just don't know what Jonathan would do to get the conversation rolling in this instance.  
Cowpies77 rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 2 Total: 3 (2-8)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 am
Pavilo
Cowpies77
Just the compass, anything else I would be interested in is far far beyond any money we've got right now. Namely wands, but that's a-okay by me right now.

Jonathan would get his compass, and then sit and get himself something to eat and drink. Just water for the drink, but he'll spend 3gp to get food for the lot of them to enjoy if there's a cost, if not he'll enjoy a meal with them and then pack up on some trail rations which he'll split up for the group. Not really much going on unless you want to get directly into some roleplaying parts, that would be cool by me. I just don't know what Jonathan would do to get the conversation rolling in this instance.

Tapping away at the table and sitting at the rather comfortable purple couches, Jonathan orders some Trout, green beans and a slice of pecan pie.
The food comes out after a few moments, and trout is stuffed with mushrooms and bay shrimp in a sherry wine glaze, then topped with a light lemon butter sauce. The green beans come out seasoned with garlic and lemon. And the pecan pie comes warm with some vanilla ice cream on top.

All in all, it's probably one of the better meals Jonathan has enjoyed for 3 gold.

Sharon and the others have their own meals, all made to their own preference and equally enjoyable.

(I'll make another post later. I'm busy right meow. Jon gets whatever I roll above in Temporary HP for the next 8 hours because the good food "hits the spot")  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:07 am
Pavilo

Sorry about the delay, Pavilo. I'm a little creatively drained because it's a little hard to focus on making a world when one's full of rage at someone else.

So then, back to where we were...
Asking for directions on where to go, QB directs everyone out to the goop chamber and activates the glyphs on the ground. The party stands on it, and it slowly begins to descend. Twisting and turning here and there, the party is left pretty much in darkness with the lights from above winking out. The trip seems rather boring, when all of a sudden the floor underneath Jonathan (Followed seconds later by everyone else, it seems) slides out and leaves him falling. Hitting his butt-first on something cold, hard and smooth, Jonathan tries to get up, before he promptly finds another descriptor to add to that list: Really, really slick.

Like on some sort of slide to Hell, Jonathan and the others are left screaming as they streak through whatever underground course QB apparently designed, only ending with a light at the end of the tunnel.
The light being a hole apparently in the side of a mountain, sending Jonathan hurdling through the air at an insane speed.

PRO: Jonathan now knows what it feels like to fly high in the sky.
CON: Jonathan also realizes that he has no means of controlling his descent and that the rocky bluffs below are quickly coming to meet him.

*WHAM!*
==================================================================================
Jonathan is sore and groggy, having blacked out after feeling the ground hit him. Looking around, he and the others are in small craters from their impacts. Not really sure how he's still alive, much less without a broken bone, Jonathan just slowly rises to his feet and quietly curses out the white cat-monster.
User Image

None of the party's equipment is damaged either. Just a lot of soreness going around. Looking around and consulting the compass, there's a river to the North, a village to the East-SouthEast about 4 or 5 miles away, and mountains all along the southern areas. The area around the party is mostly what looks like tall grasses and the occasional bush and tree dotting here and there. There doesn't appear to be any mountains to the Northern areas though. Just ocean.

So, where to?  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces