.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]
[EVENT] Rescue Mission - Over! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Excited Apathy rolled 1 12-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-12)

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:24 pm
Tensing at the scream, the arrival of a bright red juvenile stilled Karima's lashing tail and caused her taut muscles to relax. Just a fright for the girl, then, and no real harm. Snorting as she gave her head a little shake, she trotted forward. Focusing on bits of exasperation helped, a little. It dulled the utter shock that clung to her at seeing her home like...this.  
DragonsRage24 rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm
Kai'dena was glad some were being found. But there had to be more. Furrowing her brows she let her light, glassy eyes peer about. She smelled the air, tried to catch wind of something, anything, and she took some steps forward, eagerly, but slowly. She wanted to help, but still, small, feeble, naive, perhaps, returned home not long ago, she only wished to help make a difference if possible.  

DragonsRage24

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:24 pm
DragonsRage24

Kimaria

((Since her roll was closest, Kai'dena finds Endesha!))

Chemankari wasn't really expecting the juvenile to run and hide behind her legs, but she turned her head to give a reassuring smile anyway...and to give her a cursory look over. She looked fine, as far as Chem could tell, just scared. "Hey, we've got you now. It's alright. Just stick with us, and we'll get you back to your family."

By then, the ratel had high-tailed it away, and she wasn't able to thank him for his (most likely unintentional) assistance in discovering one of their lost.

Meepfur rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:26 pm
((And now it is Nin's turn! 1d12 per character, each character only gets one roll. First to match my number will discover her.))

Das Tor

Meepfur
Vice Captain

I Lady Kiya I rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:22 pm
Kurogoke ended up tripping over a stump she mistook for something else. A loud thud sound came as she landed face first into a pile of soot. She squeaked, sort of, and let out a loud cough as she didn't move for a moment. For a moment, she didn't know what had happened, but after a few moments she shook her head and regained to her feet.

Her face was black in bits here and there, along with her chest, though she pretended she didn't notice. She took a step, but now with a limp, but it wasn't anything too serious, just a slight pain creeping up her right paw as she moved. She gave another cough as she continued.

Perhaps, this wasn't the best idea.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:39 pm
Endesha had tried to call out to someone. Anyone. But the air was difficult to breathe and her throat was hoarse. The strength seemed to have gone from her as she lay amongst smoking debris, her eyes rolling back in her head every time she attempted to open them. She had been slipping in and out of consciousness, hearing things. Hearing lions.

And then there was voices and, at first, she was not convinced that they were real. It was probably just a figment of her imagination like those other voices had been.

Then there was a face to go along with the voice and her eyes tried to focus on it. Female. Pale.

"I was..." She choked momentarily on her words. "Wondering how long it would take you."

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:50 am
Ecavi

He...seemed fine. At least as fine as one could be after getting caught in fires and left behind. "A few of us are not far off, returned to find those like you. The rest of the pride is north until further notice." Away from the swamps. Dammit...seeing the place she'd come to call home in such horrible condition was heartbreaking.

[ Lady Kiya ]

Nin could hear voices and pawsteps. The little juvenile huddled into the small puddle she'd taken refuge in the last few days, trying not to shake like a leaf. Her back hurt, her eyes hurt, she was hungry, but...she didn't dare move. What if the voices and pawsteps belonged to something that wanted to eat her? She didn't want to be eaten! Lions did the eating, not the other way around! She wanted her Mommy and Papa and Grandmama!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:04 pm
Kurogoke sneezed, and continued to go the way she had been with a light limp.She was looking under logs, lifting up half burnt leaves, and before long she found a small puddle, but that wasn't just it. She found one of the missing children. Kurogoke felt relief wash over her, and a gentle smile crossed her face. Even after she tripped once, she had actually helped. It felt great to help.

Wet, and scared, she looked. "It's okay dear, I'm not going to hurt you." She said with a sweet voice. "We're here to help you, we came looking for you." Of course, Kurokoge didn't know if she was from her pride, but they could figure that out later.

The most important thing was to get the young girl safe and out of this place. "I'll take you back to your mother." She said trying to make the girl feel more at ease. "I'm Kurogoke." She always figured a name would help ease another's mind.

Das Tor

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:33 pm
Baatar breathed a sigh of relief everytime the group found someone. He kept himself on the edge, picking through debris gently, hoping for a sign of life. His mind was going into overboard.

He was such an incredibly passionate "hero" that he sometimes took it too far, every flutter of movement sent his heart leaping and he thrust himself forward only to find say, a leaf. As grateful as he was that these creatures had been spared of an ill fate, he hoped he could help more. The intention was there, but, his efforts seemingly resolved nothing. Still, moral support and help was sometimes equal to success.

The grey lion fit in splendidly into the ashen lands, save for his one white splattered paw. He padded across gently, casting a wary and respectful eye towards the others in the group, they seemed to be part of a pride, or something.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:17 am
[ Lady Kiya ]

Someone spoke. Spoke to...her? Nin looked up fearfully, little ears back and eyes wide. The older female spoke to her comfortingly, and...Nin was sure she recognized that pelt a little. "Back to Mommy? And Papa?" She crept out of the puddle, slow after spending a large amount of time in one position, tense and terrified. And her back still hurt. "I'm Nin." It was only nice to give her name back, right?  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:17 pm
Kurogoke gave a smile back to the cub. "Yes, we'll take you to your mother and father." She wasn't sure how many more needed to be found, or what else was happening, all she knew was that she had to get the cub back and getting her dried off. "Nice to meet you, Nin." she said with a smile. "Let's get you out of here and warm."

Kurogoke held out a paw to the cub as she sat down where she was. She didn't want to rush anything, she could tell she wasn't totally ready to start moving fast. "Everything's going to be just fine."

Das Tor

Meepfur rolled 2 12-sided dice: 11, 2 Total: 13 (2-24)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm
((Last two, Anila (11) and Apanthi (2). I'm sorry this has been a trainwreck of slowness, my RL keeps hiccupping.))

tuesdayscat

Meepfur
Vice Captain

DragonsRage24 rolled 1 12-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-12)

DragonsRage24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:08 pm
((sorry for delay, overtime + doctor's D:!)

Kai'Dena looked to the female she happened upon and she tred lightly upon the ground. "Tried as hard as we could, but we've come together now, stay close," she said with a nod, and a half smile. Were there anymore out tere, like this? She wondered, but was completely unsure. She peered around as the others continued, looked to the female newly found and motioned to keep close.

"Let us stick together, so we came remain no longer scattered," it was evident Kai'Dena may be a little out of date speaking with others in social situations, but she was indeed glad to be back home...home to help with all this.

She continued to pee about, eyes searching, and kept her ears alert.

Excited Apathy rolled 1 12-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-12)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:57 pm
Karima's white paws were becoming difficult to distinguish from her black ones, due to the ash greying all four. Her ears swiveled around as she picked her way through the ruined remains of the swamp, hoping to catch the sounds of one of the lost. Her eyes flickered to some of the more enthusiastic searchers jumping at leaves and shadows, and she suppressed another snort. She didn't think they'd get far if they were so busy focusing on the obvious things that they failed to notice the small details.  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:06 am
Das Tor

Now that he was up, he was already starting to feel better. Standing up and even moving around as little as he had so far was enough to get his lungs started on clearing. The air was better and the pain was numbing, overall it would work out in his favor now. They just had to get to the main group now and he would be perfectly fine.

"OK, let's go," he said, taking another step and starting them on their way back to the group. Now that he had someone with him he was starting to really appreciate what happened to the swamps and worry about the others. He wouldn't be any good helping to search now but he absolutely would not wander away from the group this time.

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff