Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]
[RDY][CRIT] Knock-Out "K.O.", Kale Olivan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

K-Zap

Lonely Reveler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:33 pm
mori-zae

I understand. It's all okay. Haha
I expected a large amount of crit since my profile is long. So thank you!

Personality
Pretty much every he is revolves around the fact that he hides everything with a grin. Nothing else really stands out in him. He wouldn't be hot headed, because he's always smiling; same thing with impatience, etc.

I've fixed his personality around as much as I thought was necessary though. Most notably, the “Overall” section, which should answer most of the questions you asked me.

Powers
I believe you misread the description in the ROOKIE stage. At that level, K.O. Only had the ability to manipulate electricity from objects within a yard's reach. I changed the word manipulate to redirect though, to make things fair. I mentioned that he is still a starter in hand to hand combat. I also added a point that describes how he can only fire one bolt from a direct source of electricity. When that happens, the outlet burns-out. Otherwise, he can only use his powers physically. So I think Knock-Out is reasonably hindered in his rookie stage, excluding his decent fighting-style.

About his hand-to-hand combat-- when he enters the Academy, it is still in development. I think I mentioned in his back-story that Kale started making Freestyle Ki Art for self-defense purposes; so that would be his inspiration to why he started. Remember that he's alone and nearly broke, which is why he had to get creative. He has already had firsthand experiences in fights, so most of that's where most of his instruction comes from. It's pretty much described in his long-A story. The Power/Ability section just describes what his martial art is all about.

I am only adding the ability to store energy at Sidekick level. He can only draw out his powers through physical combat. Throwing a bolt without a source will result in a complete drain of his storage and it will take 2 hours before he gets any of it back. At this stage, he pretty much becomes a walking battery, which would describe why most of his weaknesses are there in the first place. So, yes, there are drawbacks to being able to store energy for indefinite amounts of time. Yes, he can control when and how the electricity is release, but it takes time unleash larger quantities of power. He has to do this whole, gathering the energy into one area thing, which is time consuming. In quick, close-quarters combat he just unleashes small, painful shocks in order to save time. I'll add that in there. Haha

The ability to sense people was moved back to the sidekick stage. You bring up a good point. He cannot sense the exact spot of every individual molecule that's giving off electrical power. But since electricity is stored inside the human body, he can pick up the general location of the body itself. He isn't exactly seeing the source, he's just feeling its movement. Everyone's body emits a field, though it isn't very strong, so I believe it would be noticeable.

Knock-Out has a lot of abilities, but they are each low in quality from the start and nothing is full-proof. Everything has a downfall in the beginning. Thank you for your crit in this area. I knew he was a bit OP. Lol

Strengths and Weaknesses

I added explanations that should answer about every question asked.
The spatial intelligence is a skill used outside of battle for retreats and exploration. And when the sidekick stage is reached, he kind of does become a live-wire. It's tame, but when he feels a jolt or contacts electrically powered object, a current shoots through the object if it's relatively small enough.. So if something explosive is within it, it'll blow up.

Motivation
Lol This was meant to be funny, but I guess it should be a bit more tidy. (:
I'll fix that up, but I would like to keep his aspirations a secret. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but I left it that way so that I could keep my options open when it comes to my character's future.
You see, I haven't exactly decided his alliance.

THANK YOU CAPTAIN! biggrin
... and sorry for another long post.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:17 am
OK i have a few final things to clear up with ya

Can he GENERATE electricity on his own?

You also mentioned storage, does that mean he has to go to an actual power source to absorb electricity for storing?

and of course I don't mind if you want to keep his motivations a secret, but a stronger one usually makes for more a more interesting character to rp around with * v*b  

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

K-Zap

Lonely Reveler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:06 pm
mori-zae

Yes, he generates electricity starting at the sidekick stage. I think that makes sense, since he'll be able to store it.

Yes, that is one way of restoring his power, but there are two ways he can go about it:
1. Going to an electrical source and absorbing the energy from there. (He doesn't get the power of absorption until he reaches the hero stage though.)
2. Letting it fill up naturally, which will take 2 hours at sidekick stage, 5 hours at hero stage, and 8 hours for any stage above that.

K.O. has to use the second method until he learns to absorb electricity (at HERO level).

I put in his motivation section that he's doing it for his mother and her request for him to be strong. But he's not a straight thinker and doesn't really seem to have much logic for the things he will do. That's what I'm hoping will make others think that he's interesting.

I hope that helps! ^_^

Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces