Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]
[CHAR][CRIT]OPALESCENT; DOMINIC MYER Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shnazz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:46 am
Hey Ru. lol. I realized I totally forgot to ask this last time, but about the weapons/products that Dom's sponsor company makes… What does he actually use from them and what do they do? Can't believe I forgot to ask you about that honestly. 8D;;
Anywho. Down to the other things…

I like the way you fixed up his personality, it makes things really clear now. u v u b
I'm curious to see him develop!

Also like what you edited for his parents! Really starts to make everything seamless. * v *

Also forgot to ask you how Dominic felt about each of his parents, like who's he closer to? Emotionally attached to? From reading it again, it seems like he's closer to his mother because of their similarities but if he's trying to get better at social interactions maybe if he tried spending more time with his father he'd learn more..? And if he was in a lurch/needed help for whatever reason (advice on people or problems that occur/what to do etc) who would he reach out to, if at all?
It seems like throughout his life, his emotional attachments are quite bleak.

Another thing, are there special places Dominic would go to observe/research people? Since that's what he spends most of his time doing… Or does he just mostly observe his parents? Can he see their relationship troubles or is he like his mom in this aspect and unable to tell that things are not well?

@Powers
I feel like an unlimited amount is… A lot. lol. Might want to consider capping that because going from 5 to unlimited is a bit extreme. Since I'm also assuming these take energy to maintain, like the shield and constructs.

So when he absorbs light and doesn't use it… Is it like a battery, slowly runs down to 0 when not in use? I'm thinking of like… Laptop batteries. lol.

I'd also like to know specifically what Dominic would be using these light constructs for… A weapon, I'm presuming? Or what..?

Also, can the power of the source of light negatively affect Dom? Say, the difference in brightness of the sun vs. XXX-amount wattage of some crazy blinding bright lamps?

Dominic is really coming along though!! It excites me~
Sorry I keep coming up with stuff to pester you with Ru. 8D;;;  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 am
lol. Ru. You're totally gonna kill me….

But this question comes from Mori too.
We'd both like to know what kind of shapes the constructs will take?

Something I noticed about that though is how the shield is a basic shape and the balls are basic shapes too…. You could potentially just keep constructs to elementary shapes? I think going simple on this would be good considering all the different uses that can be made of even just the simple shapes.

I'm also getting a strong vibe that these powers are meant offensively or for combat which I feel is completely at odds with Dominic's personality.
How're you planning to remedy it? Or how is Dominic planning on using his abilities in the future…? I'm just confused at the scientist gone fighter thing, if that's the direction you're taking since his motivation doesn't seem to lead towards that.

But if you are, will he be taking more combat-based classes? His stamina also seems quite low since he's not a very active person. There should be plausible reasons/motivation for how his powers kind of oppose his personality or at least explanation on why/how he's going about it as a hero-in-training, if you get what I mean.

Please don't kill me Ru. An inch away... ; - ; b  

Shnazz
Crew

Ruyail

Malevolent Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 am
Shnazz

All right. I've added the bit about the types of contstructs, but I'm having a little bit of difficulty on the offensive power bit. Where did you see offensive power so I can tweak to modify. XD I hadn't actually realized I had done this. Also /almost done dance  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am
/randomly flits in

OK I've looked at this pretty profile and I think Dom's nearly ready to go! I like what you have going on for his history and personality so that's a-ok (I'm very amused by the fact that he's sapiosexual, had to look that one up e ve !)

I just need to point out something about his powers. If I'm going on your definition of constructs, which is simple 3D shapes, wouldn't that cover balls of light and shields too? Why mention those specifically if they're just constructs too?

Also constructs, although you are quite specific on how long they last and how many hits they can take etc, I don't think you mentioned what exactly Dom DOES with them? Does he wield them like weapons (swords, spears etc) or are they more like blockades that can take hits for him? How complex can they be? Can he construct, say, the exact replica of the Statue of Liberty?

I'm also not sure why he needs to "summon" light when he can utilize whatever light he has absorbed in his body? Unless the light he absorbed can only be used to light up his surroundings?

Speaking of which, he's scared of the dark because of his powers? I don't really see the link here although I sorta get what you're trying to say, but it could be better explained?

Aaaand that's pretty much it! I'm very excited for Dom yesss * v*  

mori-zae
Crew

Dapper Codger

Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items