Welcome to Gaia! ::

Debate/Discuss Religion

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to discussing and debating different aspects of various world religions 

Tags: religion, faith, tolerance, discuss, debate 

Reply Religious Debate
Is "Revelations" past tense? Atlantis=whore of Babylon? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mira_Le_Fey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:35 am
Calelith
Mira_Le_Fey
Calelith
Mira_Le_Fey

In Wicca, we believe that Avalon was taken back (much like the Garden of Eden). We also believe that the day Arthur returns will be similar to the second coming of Christ. I feel that not enough of the specifics have been satisfied for it to be a past- tense option.

Um, no?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Alexandrian Wiccans are based off of the traditional beliefs of the druids. Their "official" record is in England in the 1940's, so in that respect yes, technically I am incorrect.
HOWEVER, druids (of which Wicca is in its raw state) have followed this legend for hundreds of years.
Now, if you wish to continue this debate, take it to another thread. Yes, this is off-topic - what wicca does and does not believe has nothing to do with this topic at present.

Um, yes. Alexandrian Wiccans follow the path of the belief of Le Morte D'Arthur. It's been a base of legend for hundreds of years. I think this is off topic in this post, however.

"In days of peace, in nights of war
Obey the Laws forever more,"

Alexandrian Wicca isn't even a hundred years old. Proof of that claim?

No, you brought it up so it's not off-topic.

"Misconduct must be answered for
Swear us the chosen: The Alpha Corps!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:07 pm
Mira_Le_Fey

Alexandrian Wiccans are based off of the traditional beliefs of the druids. Their "official" record is in England in the 1940's, so in that respect yes, technically I am incorrect.
HOWEVER, druids (of which Wicca is in its raw state) have followed this legend for hundreds of years.
Now, if you wish to continue this debate, take it to another thread. Yes, this is off-topic - what wicca does and does not believe has nothing to do with this topic at present.

No the traditions are not based off traditional belief of druids. The tradition is based off of Garderian Wicca with minor changes, but still maintaining the core created by the founder of Wicca, Gerald Gardner.

Druids are an IRISH concept and they were pretty much wiped out by the 2nd Century A.D. Regardless, The Druids weren't religious they were a caste system and held positions of lawyers, doctors, and the like.

Proof the Druids followed the legend of Arthur, a BRITISH legend?

It's still on topic as YOU brought it up WITHIN this discussion.

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Mira_Le_Fey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 pm
Calelith
Mira_Le_Fey

It is not, you are incorrect, and I feel that now you're simply being disrespectful to the owner of this thread.

No the traditions are not based off traditional belief of druids. The tradition is based off of Garderian Wicca with minor changes, but still maintaining the core created by the founder of Wicca, Gerald Gardner.

Druids are an IRISH concept and they were pretty much wiped out by the 2nd Century A.D. Regardless, The Druids weren't religious they were a caste system and held positions of lawyers, doctors, and the like.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 am
Mira_Le_Fey

It is not, you are incorrect, and I feel that now you're simply being disrespectful to the owner of this thread.

The OP has said nothing of me being off topic nor as the guild captain said that I am.

Why are you ignoring my questions?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

chessiejo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:49 am
I believe the Twin Towers were the Whore of Babylon.

The smoke of her goes up forever.

"But many innocent people died there!"

Yes and so did they in Minoa.

The twin towers were also symbols of greed, and housed CIA gold and CIA cocaine.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:37 am
Mira_Le_Fey

Calelith

Mira_Le_Fey

Ok, now how could i have missed this exchange?
... I guess i wasn't ready at the time ....

Calelith, you were at least partially off topic, but it ended up there due to a slippery slope of opinions, so i'll let it pass.
Yes, i see them as opinions, but i won't go further into it, because that would definitely be off topic.

Mira.
Calelith do have a point, even if the ways of the Druids weren't wiped out, one could question why they would belive in a british legend, as they were irish.

Now, anyone who goes into that area of the topic again must have some really good reason to do so, because it is off topic, even though it isn't off topic to question others sources.  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Xiam

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:56 am
...I just assumed the "Whore of Babylon" was Rome...  
Religious Debate

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff