Tags: role, play, super, hero, comic 

Reply The City Streets
Gotham's Guardians/ YJ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes, or no?
  YES! I have even posted my thoughts below!
  No, I'd prefer to go a different route for YJ
  Yes, But in the separate Universe. I don't want the threads crossing
View Results

Zane Strife
Crew

Distinct Genius

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:44 am
Yoshimitsu Kujo

I think that's a good approximation.

Although physical time-travel is canonically possible (using the Legion tech prior to DCnU and Flashpoint), the time-travel theory we will use allows for only information to be sent back (such as memories). These pass through the event horizon(video above), and back to the specific point in time. So, after the 'jump' our characters will be teenagers with the flawed mental-capacity of the adults. I say flawed because some info might have been lost, corrupted or unable to make the 'jump' as we would not have perfected the technique as of yet...so, notice to all playing 'jumped' characters - the process is far from perfect, and will have flaws.

The most important being - the affects changing the timeline will have on the memories. I will go into this another time, but basically expect major headaches when major events occur which didn't happen in the first timeline...

...teehee...I love time-travel theory. It's complicated enough to make me look smart.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:06 am
Zane Strife
Lol, thanks for the sciency explanation but I never had a problem grasping the concept, it was just the we're all adults bit that threw me, but after my last post I had a few ideas about it. For instance, memories are stored as chemical chains in the brain, right? So if a teenager suddenly gets thirty years of memories that means three times as many chains which, I think, would be enough to put them into shock, you're talking about black out territory here. So you've got the Waynes, the Allens, Lara Lane and a few others, probably at the same school fainting! Your looking at a visit from the CDC, a full investigation, medical work ups and more. Possibly connecting the team, with the possible exception of Ms. Martian who even transmuted into a human has eighty years of memories so thirty more isn't as huge an impact. This could lead us into a story of the villains closing in, especially as a half dozen or more kids collapsing in school would NOT go unreported in the media.

I was also thinking, if Terry Wayne is still supposed to be Batman plus twenty years, does that make him Tim's sidekick? Fun thought, eh? twisted

Yoshimitsu Kujo
Crew

Barton Champion

11,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Para_The_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:54 pm
So, I'm back... again. I really hate disappearing on you guys like this. sad But, I am going to be creating this rp. And I will be putting some people in charge with me, just in case i end up vanishing again. >.< So yea, this will be a thing!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 am
It is done! You can find the thread here. I'll ask Dark or Babs to make us an OOC thread. I will be accepting your YJ characters, so if you wanna join up, you can just say I'm playing so and so my bio is 'insert link here', I will accept it. Obviously they will be stronger then they were in YJ, so if you need to add stuff, just do it below your yj bio, so we don't have to make all new ones. I will be posting shortly, then you are all free to post.  

Para_The_Hound

The City Streets

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces