Tags: role, play, super, hero, comic 

Reply The City Streets
Gotham's Guardians/ YJ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes, or no?
  YES! I have even posted my thoughts below!
  No, I'd prefer to go a different route for YJ
  Yes, But in the separate Universe. I don't want the threads crossing
View Results

Para_The_Hound

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:42 pm
Hello all! As I promised I am bringing back the Gotham's Guardians. However, I had a plan for it. I wanted to set it in a world where all the heroes had turned evil, and had taken over the world. This idea is now a favored idea for the remake of Young Justice. So I thought, why not rp it out? Why not make it so that the Gotham's Guardians rp is the future that the new YJ is going to try and stop.

However, this will only be possible if 2 things happen. 1, if everyone likes this idea and wants to go through with it, and 2, if this IS going to be a plot in the new YJ. As I understand it, Babs and Dark have not yet come to a conclusion on it, and it is not set in stone.

So what i am going to do, is let the people vote! Below I will post the plot for the New Gotham's Guardians rp. All of you get to vote on whether or not you like it and the idea. Feel free to add any suggestions or ideas you have. Then, when Babs and/or Dark have the time, they can decide whether they approve or disprove of the plots and ideas we have thought up.

If they like it, I will make the thread and accept characters. If they don't I will make the thread, but in a separate universe with a similar plot line.

So without further ado, let the voting begin!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 pm
It is the darkest hour. The Injustice League have taken over the world. Slowly, painfully. They posed as League members at first. No one saw it coming, not even those closest to them. Aquaman was the first killed. It was done in secret, so that his darker counterpart could take over Atlantis. Then it was Martian Manhunter, done the same way. Followed by Wonder Woman and Flash. Superman was killed publicly and Green Lantern was hunted down.

They say Batman was the first taken. Not killed, but lured away to the other world, where he was surrounded by enemies and made impossible for him to return. No one knows if he is alive or dead.

After Superman's public death, the fighting started. People wanted to rebel... Or some did. Some remained complacent, and agreed with the new League. The rest fought, and fought hard. And so they lost hard. Now it's been two months, and all hope seems lost.

Or is it? A calling has started, a secret organization spoken of only in whispers and rumors. Others arose to take the mantle of the 'new Justice League'. Though their efforts aren't public, it's clear they exist. They are the forefront of the one and only rebellion. The last hope against the complete and total rule of earth. And they are starting their fight here, in the center of the worst chaos, Gotham City.

They say that they're taking recruits. Those with power that can use it, and are willing to put up a fight are finding their way to Gotham. There they will make a stand, piece by piece they're taking back they city.

The rebels call themselves the GG, Gotham's Guardians.  

Para_The_Hound

BlinkingPetrichor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:56 pm
I like this idea =D and I like the idea of it crossing over. Would this be a permanent thing or would it just be an arc? Could we reuse characters? (IE could I reuse Lilith?)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 am
I see no reason why you couldn't reuse Lilith. And as for it crossing over, why wouldn't events from the past affect the future? And why wouldn't the future send stuff to help the past? ^^ I'd like it to be either a very long arc or a permanent storyline.  

Para_The_Hound

Tempest25

Desirable Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:31 pm
How far into the future will this take place if we use the beginning of YJ as the current year?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:15 pm
I think Para's idea is a tad flamboyant, yes. I've done something like this before. In my version every character has a Grimlore version of his/her self. It's a cross over between a mirror world, for example Morrigan meets dark Morrigan. Spider man meets his total opposite counter part...and this applies for all rpc's. These mirror characters could be npcs as well. Your characters basically have a war with themselves.

It's up to you guys just a suggestion.

WardenOfDarkness

Desirable Hellraiser

11,700 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100

Tempest25

Desirable Spotter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:51 pm
*shrugs* I'm down for anything  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:40 am
I'm up for anything!  

Zane Strife
Crew

Distinct Genius

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yoshimitsu Kujo
Crew

Barton Champion

11,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:19 am
Tempest25

Zane Strife
I'm up for anything!

I'm middle for anything xp  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:32 am
Yoshimitsu Kujo
Tempest25

Zane Strife
I'm up for anything!

I'm middle for anything xp

If this was a certain social network, I'd so like that post.  

Zane Strife
Crew

Distinct Genius

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tempest25

Desirable Spotter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 pm
Lol I think I would to  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:30 pm
Tempest25
How far into the future will this take place if we use the beginning of YJ as the current year?
At least 20 years, I'd think.  

Para_The_Hound

Yoshimitsu Kujo
Crew

Barton Champion

11,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Para_The_Hound
Tempest25
20 YEARS!?! Tim would be thirty-six, not exactly YJ material eek  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:56 pm
Yoshimitsu Kujo
Para_The_Hound
Tempest25
20 YEARS!?! Tim would be thirty-six, not exactly YJ material eek
yes, but i thought we established that they'd be sent back into their younger bodies. Maybe more like 15 or so years then.... Because the Injustice League would need time to prepare, then gradually take over, making everything look natural. Then when they reveal themselves, the takeover would have to have time to go though, and all hope would have to be lost before the 'sidekicks' would use this last ditch effort.  

Para_The_Hound

Yoshimitsu Kujo
Crew

Barton Champion

11,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:58 am
Okay, now I'm REALLY confused. Maybe it's just me, but I thought the plan we'd agreed to was that the bad guys here were going to be a evil corruption/mirror of our Justice League (Batman, Superman Wonder Woman), which leaves the kids unprepared as they now have to deal with their mentors, who with the confidence of the world then turn the tables again and make them fugitives. So the world spirals towards it's doom because of the domestic and rather tyrannical threat, so in response the kids find a way to send something back to the past to change things. Which was where Zane's Stien's Gate suggestion came in.

That was what I thought, so how far off am I?  
The City Streets

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff