Welcome to Gaia! ::

T-Boys

Back to Guilds

A safe place for FtM transsexuals to share experiences, support, resources, and make friends. 

Tags: female to male, transsexual, transgender, transman, transguy 

Reply T-Boys
Introductions Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:18 am
Welcome to the guild, everyone.
Before you start posting stop by and introduce yourselves.

Name: Jay
Transition status/goals: 1 1/2 years on T, planning on top surgery within the next 2 years, hysterectomy within the next year, and no plans for bottom surgery as of yet.
When did you realize/come to terms with being trans? I realized when I was 13, but at that time I was in a relationship with another transman who told me he could never see me as a man. This destroyed me at the time and caused me to fall into a pit of depression and denial. It took until I was 17 to be able to build my confidence enough that I stopped being in denial and started socially transitioning, and I'm now looking to live stealth once I move from my current town.
Anything else: I love piercings, tattoos, psychology, medicine, animals, music, writing, and drawing. My goal is to become a forensic toxicologist.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:31 am
Name: Charles Alexander, Charlie

Transition Status/goals: I'm still pretty early in my transition and if I do not speak
very much I can pass as male almost perfectly, still got some work. I'm working on
purchasing a binder and a packer. I've been conversing with a therapist via email
about some information and the possiblity of a session to get a referral letter
so I to can begin T.

When did you realize/come to terms with being trans: Since I was about 12 I realized
something wasn't right but had no idea what it was. Since then I just tried to fit in as best
I could till I couldn't take it when I was 19 and I told my family I'd rather be known as a
boy. That's when I met Jonah in the forums and gave me a name for my situation and
opened my eyes to all sorts of new options and opportunities.

Anything else: Knitting is my passion, which is of course odd for a male but my dad can also
do small knitting/crocheting projects, so I see no reason why I can't either. Other then that I have
no other hobbies. I don't do sports I'm not an artist and I'm bad at writing

l0 Charlie 0l

Dapper Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:35 pm
Dylanuke
Name: Dylan
Transition status/goals: just had first appointment with dr for referral. Ordered my binder and stp a few days ago can't wait for them to arrive. I wouldn't be able to pass yet mostly because of my voice but I am very masculine naturally in some ways. (once in a frock some kids says to his mother why is that man in a frock, at the time I was upset seems very ironic now!). Hoping to have hysterectomy and top surgery sooner than usual on other medical grounds which would be good (there's a history of uterine and breast cancer in my family, mom died of that last year my gran and aunt too). Coming out at work tomorrow!
When did you know: When I was 8 I walked up to my mom and said 'I'm a boy now'. Wasn't until I was about 13 I understood it better. Parental reaction kept me in the closet for some time though.
other stuff: I love writing, painting, drawing, reading, mythology, animals, science, I work in a museum.

Welcome to the guild. smile If you have any questions you can ask me, and I'll do my best to answer. There are a few resources in another topic if you haven't checked it out already. Thanks for joining, and I hope you keep active and find what you're looking for (even if there are only very few of us so far sad )  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 pm
jaysuss
Welcome to the guild. smile If you have any questions you can ask me, and I'll do my best to answer. There are a few resources in another topic if you haven't checked it out already. Thanks for joining, and I hope you keep active and find what you're looking for (even if there are only very few of us so far sad )

Thanks for the welcome and letting me join. And don't worry about how many of us there are yet - its quality not quantity remember! smile  

Dylanseke

Devoted Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:48 pm
Dylanuke
jaysuss

Thanks for the welcome and letting me join. And don't worry about how many of us there are yet - its quality not quantity remember! smile

That's very true. smile I just want the best for my members to keep active. If you have any post ideas, feel free to go ahead and make a thread. Until I get some sub-forums all topics will go on the main forum.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:11 pm
Dylanuke
jaysuss

Oh, also, if you have any personal questions for me about my transition or anything like that just send me a PM. I'm very open.  

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

l0 Charlie 0l

Dapper Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:22 pm
Dylanuke
Name: Dylan
Transition status/goals: just had first appointment with dr for referral. Ordered my binder and stp a few days ago can't wait for them to arrive. I wouldn't be able to pass yet mostly because of my voice but I am very masculine naturally in some ways. (once in a frock some kids says to his mother why is that man in a frock, at the time I was upset seems very ironic now!). Hoping to have hysterectomy and top surgery sooner than usual on other medical grounds which would be good (there's a history of uterine and breast cancer in my family, mom died of that last year my gran and aunt too). Coming out at work tomorrow!
When did you know: When I was 8 I walked up to my mom and said 'I'm a boy now'. Wasn't until I was about 13 I understood it better. Parental reaction kept me in the closet for some time though.
other stuff: I love writing, painting, drawing, reading, mythology, animals, science, I work in a museum.

Hi Dylan! Nice to meet you :3 I hope you the very best on your journey! If you ever have to the need for someone to talk to about anything I will be willing to listen. I'm usually online everyday and all day when I'm not at work.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:34 pm
l0 Charlie 0l
Hi Dylan! Nice to meet you :3 I hope you the very best on your journey! If you ever have to the need for someone to talk to about anything I will be willing to listen. I'm usually online everyday and all day when I'm not at work.

Thanks for that mate. I may keep you at your word - I'm coming out at work tomorrow no idea how that's going to go down may need someone to rant to afterwards! biggrin  

Dylanseke

Devoted Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

l0 Charlie 0l

Dapper Gaian

5,950 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 pm
Dylanuke
l0 Charlie 0l

Thanks for that mate. I may keep you at your word - I'm coming out at work tomorrow no idea how that's going to go down may need someone to rant to afterwards! biggrin

haha np man, well good luck with your coming out. i know how stressful it is so just be sure to address it calmly and informatively. and yep np if you need to rant or rage at someone i'll be up for it lol  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:59 pm
Name: Seth
Transition status/goals: Going to my first therapy session this coming friday.

When did you realize/come to terms with being trans?
I always felt more like a boy, and when I was 13 I created a male persona for myself on the internet. I was able to be who I felt I should be. It wasn't until I was 18 and living in Florida that I watch somthing on tv about transgender people that it all came together.
I came out to my parents as trans a year ago at thanksgiving dinner. I had changed my nametag at work before that and was going by Seth in public for going on 5 years now. My parents kinda had an idea of where I was going before all this. I had gotten male as Seth for years.
So for about 5 years now I have been living as Seth and close friends do refer to me as male and Seth. I start therapy really soon so I'm excited about that.
Anything else: I'm a tattoo artist and profesinal artist, also love painting and hanging with my friends. Love animals and own a few cats, even though none of them live with me because my landlord won't allow the cats.  

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:45 am
NuSith
Name: Seth
Transition status/goals: Going to my first therapy session this coming friday.

When did you realize/come to terms with being trans?
I always felt more like a boy, and when I was 13 I created a male persona for myself on the internet. I was able to be who I felt I should be. It wasn't until I was 18 and living in Florida that I watch somthing on tv about transgender people that it all came together.
I came out to my parents as trans a year ago at thanksgiving dinner. I had changed my nametag at work before that and was going by Seth in public for going on 5 years now. My parents kinda had an idea of where I was going before all this. I had gotten male as Seth for years.
So for about 5 years now I have been living as Seth and close friends do refer to me as male and Seth. I start therapy really soon so I'm excited about that.
Anything else: I'm a tattoo artist and profesinal artist, also love painting and hanging with my friends. Love animals and own a few cats, even though none of them live with me because my landlord won't allow the cats.

Welcome to the guild, Seth. smile Congrats on starting therapy soon! I hope everything goes well. Be sure to keep us updated on your process.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm
Name: Ryan though everyone online just calls me Non or Nas.
Transition: I haven’t started anything… There are too many things my therapist is worried about. However, I have come to the idea to just agreeing to hormone treatment and just settle.
Realization: First, I think I need to explain that I have split personality disorder. Along time ago, my host started to pretend to be a boy when she was about 14. As the years went on, I began to take form and now control the body. Both of us don’t feel right in our body and want to change into a male. Though, she’s worried about how things will look and be as a full male.
Anything Else: I work in a funeral home… I’m into writing but it’s mostly romantic and normally smutty –coughs- I enjoy doing graphics and formats (for threads on gaia or rp layouts) – Reading yaoi – Taking photos –sewing … Um a lot more in my profile  

Nonconventional Existence

jaysuss
Captain

Newbie Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 am
Non-Adult Situation
Name: Ryan though everyone online just calls me Non or Nas.
Transition: I haven’t started anything… There are too many things my therapist is worried about. However, I have come to the idea to just agreeing to hormone treatment and just settle.
Realization: First, I think I need to explain that I have split personality disorder. Along time ago, my host started to pretend to be a boy when she was about 14. As the years went on, I began to take form and now control the body. Both of us don’t feel right in our body and want to change into a male. Though, she’s worried about how things will look and be as a full male.
Anything Else: I work in a funeral home… I’m into writing but it’s mostly romantic and normally smutty –coughs- I enjoy doing graphics and formats (for threads on gaia or rp layouts) – Reading yaoi – Taking photos –sewing … Um a lot more in my profile

Welcome to the guild. smile Feel free to start any topic you'd like to be discussed. I hope you find what you're looking for here.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 am
I whent to my first therapy session today, and because I have lived as a male for so long or identiied as male since i was kid, my doctor feels comfortable already talking about doctors and treatment. I go back next friday for a letter of protection, incase anyone bothers me for useing the men's room and whatnot, and to talk over my goals and treatments.
I'm so happy right now. I'm not all alone either. a recent friend I made at a comicbook con came out as trans not too long ago, and he is calling doctors today and starting all his transitioning at the same time.
I'm going to my parents in a few hours to fill them in. My mom was expecting all this to come much later. I had told her 3 months or 3 sessions at the least before doctors and treatment even came up, but for me it was one session. So I have to prepare my parents for all this.  

NuSith

Versatile Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
T-Boys

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers