Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sidekick Academy!

Back to Guilds

guild for Sidekick Academy, a superhero b/c! Or sidekick, if you wanna see it that way... 

Tags: superhero, sidekick, breedables, dc comics, marvel 

Reply Quests and Approval [Dream hero tiem]
[APPROVED] Scope/Trickshot/Alice Annie Elliott

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:57 pm
[INSERT EVENTUAL CONCEPT ART]

Hero alias: As a rookie: Scope / Sidekick on: Trick Shot
Real name: Alice Annie Elliot. Prefers to go by “Eli or Elliot.”
Powers/abilities: Enhanced vision

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:59 pm
...THE BASICS...

Looks department:
Eye Color: Dark brown
Skin Color: Fair, but can get pretty tan if in the sun a lot. Freckles on her cheeks and nose.
Hair Color: Pale blonde (changed this. I'm fickle)
Hair Style: Asymmetrical pixie cut
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 105lbs
Build: Slim with long limbs

Clothing style: Classic and comfortable. Jeans, t-shirts and boots, usually. Loves sunglasses and leather jackets.

Which area is the character based/from: Sewit/Upper Sewit (see history)
Age upon entering academy: 14
How did your character get their powers: Experimental eye surgery
Motivation for entering academy: Elliot’s grandfather instilled within her a desire for honor and glory. Elliot’s relationship with her parents was never great, so moving out of their house was also a big motivation.

Strengths: Can see things at great distances and in great detail. Her eyesight also adjusts quickly to either high or low light conditions. With practice, she’ll be able to see things at high speeds and be able to change the focus of her vision quickly.
Her enhanced vision means she has excellent hand/eye coordination so she has an aptitude for projectile weapons. As a child, this meant slingshots, darts and other small objects. When she turned 12, she got her first bow, which became her prized possession. As she grows older, she’ll progress to handguns and other firearms. She has no supernatural ability when it comes to aim or physical strength, so it takes time and dedication for her to master each weapon.

Weaknesses: Prone to eye strain, fatigue, dizziness and migraines. Asthmatic, which contributes to her being weak in close-range combat.

Personality:

+Intelligent – Elliot’s parents are both brilliant scientists, so she definitely inherited some brains. She’s a tactical, logical thinker and loves strategy. She also loves to read, but only about subjects she really enjoys. She excels in and enjoys history, math, and science. She has a good memory retention as well.

+Observant – Elliot is not much of a people person, but is very much a people watcher. The more she knows her surroundings, the more comfortable she is.

+Loyal – It takes a while for Elliot to warm up to people, but once someone has earned her trust, she is extremely loyal to them. She is not the kind to betray secrets, so she is very trustworthy. The only person she’s really close to is her grandmother, Anne.

-Introverted – Shy by nature, Elliot does not like big crowds and prefers to be by herself. She can tolerate a couple of people at a time, but the more people she’s around, the more uncomfortable she gets. She prefers to train by herself or one on one.

-Territorial – Elliot prefers to be on her own and is extremely particular about her belongings and her surroundings. She’s always had her own room growing up, so she likes things organized and her way. And don’t touch her stuff… That will not end well.

-Competitive – Elliot loves old westerns, but make no mistake, she is the hero and NOT the damsel in distress. Besides touching her belongings or hurting someone she loves, the only way to really rile Elliot up is to challenge her skill. She is hopelessly competitive, especially with boys. She’s always been a tomboy and will not tolerate someone saying they are better than her at something, particularly with projectile weaponry.

Hobbies:

Archery - This is Elliot's current focus. She has both a compound and a traditional bow and is determined to become proficient in both. She really wants to try a crossbow, but her grandparents and then her parents won't let her until she's 16.

Reading - Elliot is an avid reader, but sticks to her favorite subjects. Her collection consists of countless westerns and war novels as well as books about weapons and strategy.

Gymnastics - Elliot suffers from asthma, but she knows she needs to strengthen her body, so she has done gymnastics since she was young.

Jogging - Like the gymnastics, she jogs to strengthen her body. Plus she can do it alone.

Basil Brett

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:00 pm
...HISTORY AND RELATIONSHIPS...

General backstory: Elliot was born to a pair of very brilliant and very wealthy scientists. Her parents were eccentric, but well-meaning. They doted upon their young child, but were heartbroken to find that she had been born with extremely poor eyesight, a condition that worsened as she aged. By the time she was three years old, she was nearly blind. Her parents decided to perform surgery on their daughter in the hopes of not only correcting her eyesight, but giving her enhanced vision. The surgery was a success, but word got out of her parents performing a dangerous and experimental procedure on their young child and they were deemed unsuitable parents.

Elliot was taken in by her maternal grandparents, residents of Upper Sewit. They were very traditional people and were appalled that their daughter would perform surgery on their young grandchild. Her grandfather, Sidney, was a gruff former military man, but he formed a close bond with his young granddaughter. He regaled her with stories of heroism and battles and strategy. He also passed along his fondness for westerns and war stories. He doted on her and encouraged her tomboyish nature, buying her a child’s bow and taking her shooting.

Though Elliot’s parents were not allowed custody, they were allowed to visit, provided the visits were supervised by her one or both of her grandparents. The visits often led to fights, however, between the young girl’s parents and grandparents about what was actually in the best interest of the child. The visits became fewer and further between as a result. Her parents would send cards, letters and presents, but growing up, Elliot had a hard time understanding why her parents weren’t a regular part of her life. Her grandparents would never give her a direct reason. They would simply tell them that her living with them was in her best interests.

Even now, Elliot does not know about the surgery, a decision made by the grandparents. She has no memory of having poor vision; she simply believes she was born with her vision as is.

When Elliot was 13, her grandfather passed away in his sleep. She had a hard time dealing with his death, but did her best to stay strong for her grandmother, Anne, whose health was declining. Shortly after Elliot turned 14, her grandmother took a turn for the worse and the decision was made that Anne should be admitted to a nursing home.

Elliot’s parents reapplied for custody and were granted it, but having had such limited contact with them, Elliot found it uncomfortable living with them. Having never learned the reason for why she had to live with her grandparents, she assumes that her parents simply didn’t want to be responsible for her while growing up. Her parents tried to reconnect with her, but found they had very little in common with their now teenage daughter. When Elliot told her parents she wanted to go away to boarding school, they found themselves rather relieved. They allow her full access to the trust fund they had setup when she was a baby, which means she will be financially secure for the rest of her life. They also continue to send her letters each month, hoping that between the supportive letters and school, Elliot will warm up to them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:24 pm
...ANY OTHER STUFF...

Reference images:

Hair style and color
Freckles
Awesome art by Valdmir! <3

Annie is a reference to Annie Oakley, who was known for her trick shooting. Elliot is a reference to Sam Elliott, my favorite Western actor. <3

Basil Brett

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:48 pm
Okay, still fleshing this out, but open for critiques. BRING IT ON. Definitely up for some input.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:44 pm
I only have a few questions right now, which are:

Did the surgery leave any negative side effects? Or does it seem that it went entirely perfect?

Her current relationship with her parents, how does she feel about meeting/leaving them again? She didn't miss them during her time away? How does she feel about what they did to save her eyesight?
While she was living with her grandparents, her parents weren't allowed to visit ever/at all?
Will she ever reconcile with her parents? I mean, they did so much to save her eyesight and then regain custody of her, they wouldn't give up on their relationship with her would they?

Anywho, I'm just curious.
I think if she does come into existence though, she'd be a great sidekick for Juno. 8D b  

Shnazz
Crew

Andraia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:54 pm

Super excited to see an archer! I am an archer myself (albeit a poor
one), and I have a thing for archer heroes, so I am defs looking forward
to seeing her in action.

I have a question for you as well. Her eye surgery: did it leave her with
any technological implants? Or are her eyes still entirely biological?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 pm
Oh yeah, and before I got to the explanation of her name, I thought it might
have been a reference to Anne Elliot from Jane Austin's Persuasion. (Or an
amusing coincidence.) Lol.

Andraia

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 pm
Thank you both so much for the helpful critiques!! Those questions really helped me with her back story. I've adjusted it in the original posts, but to answer your questions:

Her parents were allowed to see her, but because her grandparents were so upset about the surgery, fighting made the visits few and far between.

Elliot does not know that she even had the surgery. Her grandparents insist she not know for fear of being traumatized. She simply assumes she was born with excellent eyesight.

Her eyes are completely biological, no technological implants. The procedure went smoothly. She is more prone to eye fatigue and extreme headaches and her eyes are sensitive and prone to infection. She'll need to use eye drops a lot. The sensitivity also means that she could never wear contacts of any kind, and even some eye makeup could lead to an infection. Still thinking over this.

Due to not knowing why she couldn't live with her parents when she was younger, coupled with her introverted nature, she has a hard time being close to her parents. Over time, though, I think she'll be able to grow her relationship with them. Her parents certainly want to. They're very well-meaning, but in a very eccentric way.

@ Andy - Lol, I'm actually a big Jane Austen fan, but I've never read Persuasion and I forgot she had the character Ann Elliot. XDD Maybe it was subliminal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:49 am
I like what you added into her history. Your quest is short but concise. Very nice. *__* b
Haha.

I'm really curious on how/when/if she'll find out about the surgery though.... I guess that'll have to wait until waaay later. Have you thought about it?

And are you planning on adding any more here?  

Shnazz
Crew

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:52 pm
Thank you!!!

I am going to have her find out, but I'm not sure of her reaction yet, myself. I figured I'd just see how the character grows and then have her find out. Just will let it play out.

I think I'm pretty much done. smile May flesh out some more details, but I'm pretty happy with it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:57 am
Yeah Brett! I think you could definitely request quest approval! (:
Good luck~  

Shnazz
Crew

Basil Brett

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 pm
Okay, great! Thanks!!! >w<  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:05 am
WELP. I can find no fault with this particular quest so

APPROVED  

mori-zae