[EVENT] Opening Ceremony (Wrap-up/TBC, p.6!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 am
Iddo whelped as the strange unfamiliar smell became more oppressive. He coughed but didn’t move and his eyes quickly became red and swollen and the cub was forced to shut them completely. He shook on the spot like leaves in the wind, slowly curling into a tiny ball that was easy to miss on the ground.

“Mom!” he called out with a less strength, hearing the fear in the voices all around him. He forced one eye to open and saw the lions staring at the origin of the sound or already running away. He could make out an orange glow in some of the trees ahead and the cub stared at it in a mix of amazement, fear and confusion. What was going on?!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:29 pm
Suddenly, sickeningly, everything made sense - every uneasy feeling, every dream that had kept her awake. La'u Khara'i stood and stared for a moment, eyes wide with shock. Of all the things that could have happened, this was one she had never expected, never imagined, but some part of her felt like she should have. Should have, and done...done something.

It was too late for that.

She shook free and turned her mind to to what she could do now, which was lead. The Queen took in a deep breath and raised her voice. "Gather the young, and find your families! Stay together." She looked to where the fire had begun and tried to judge how much time they might or might not have. "Quickly, now, please. We'll go north, and we'll go together."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 pm
When the fight broke out, Chemankari had thought that maybe that was what had had her on edge, that there would be some manner of violence. The crack of the lightning soon corrected her of that notion. A fire was just as bad, if not worse, than a fight. The damage it could do...

"Damn," she swore, "This is one time I could do without being right." Swearing wasn't going to do any good, though, and she nodded in agreement with Safi. "The ones who are here should be fine, but we need to check for strays."

Great. This was not exactly what had been in her plans for the day. "Hey! Ghosts, Guardians, I need five of you who don't have cubs! We need to make sure we get everyone out."

---

Laanfa had been searching fro Asami for what seemed like forever (though it had been, in fact, only a matter of minutes), rattling on as she did so about how unfair it was that her sister had called her name only to up and disappear. Honestly! The juvenile was just about to abandon the search when lightning struck and the cries of 'fire!' went up. She jumped and shrieked, and scrambled to look for someone familiar who could protect her. "Mom! Mom?!"

Luckily, Apanthi was looking for her and the rest of her siblings just as frantically, and scooped her up. But where was Asami?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:12 pm
As if anyone had to ask Domevlo. He knew Mono would be alright, and he knew she knew he'd be alright. So without hesitation he nodded at Chemankari.

"I'll help," She said, short and to the point, awaiting further instruction tensely.  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm
The big, scarred lion was the first to step up, and Chemankari nodded in acknowledgement. "Alright, then, you'll be with me." Others appeared in short order as well, and once they had, she gave her instructions. "We need to make sure we don't leave anyone behind, there's bound to be a few who decided to skip out on the feast, cubs included, so we're going to split up and check. With the pride going north, I think that direction's pretty much covered, so we'll concentrate on the others. You two go east, you two go west, and Domevlo and I will go south."

"We need to move fast, and cover as much ground as we can. There isn't time to turn the place upside-down, so don't try. Just keep your eyes open and call out to attract attention - hopefully they'll come to you. Keep moving, stay with your partner, and keep as much distance between yourselves and the fire as you can. You can't find anyone if you're dead. Am I clear?"

"Anyone you find stays with you, and when you're done, you head north and meet up with the rest of the pride." The lioness waited for confirmation, then made to set out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 pm
((Alright, that is pretty much a wrap for this, though you can make a few more posts if you need to. Stay tuned for a sequel. biggrin

-------

At this point, we could use a few volunteers: specifically, pridemembers who will be left behind in the chaos and missed by the quick sweep to collect stragglers. No one will be killed (unless you want them to be for some reason), but whichever adults get left behind would likely be so because they were injured or otherwise rendered unable to escape. The extent of their injuries are up to you, but as there's not much of anywhere to hide, they would probably suffer some amount of burns. Cubs and juveniles may also be left, but you must have permission from the parents' owners. Since they're smaller, they have a better chance of finding enough water to submerge themselves in, and do not necessarily need to be injured. These 'volunteers' will be retrieved later.

If you want your lion to be lost/left behind and not found for whatever reason, that is also fine - use the same form, but make a note that you want them to stay missing. This won't count as volunteering, I just need to know who's MIA – please note that if you choose this option, they will become a rogue, and you’ll have to apply for them to rejoin if you want them to return to the pride at some point.

To volunteer your SoA, please post the following form in the member update thread.
[b]SoA Name:[/b]
[b]SoA Image:[/b]
[b]Why will they be left behind? Will they be injured, and to what extent?:[/b]
[b]If this SoA is a cub or juvenile, do you have permission for them to be left behind?:[/b]

Each player can have no more than one SoA left behind, and I will take the first 10 only (if there are even that many). You don't get anything in particular for volunteering, it's just a mini plot opportunity if anyone wants it.))  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur generated a random number between 1 and 61 ... 55!

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:58 pm
1. Aurrie Beaues
2. Epine de Rose
3. wooga Paes
4. Kaelyndra
5. Aurrie Beaues
6. F a y t h - x
7. Ecavi
8. wooga Paes
9. Znaruto
10. Kaelyndra
11. Ecavi
12. Das Tor
13. wooga Paes
14. Aurrie Beaues
15. Manda
16. Ecavi
17. Kaelyndra
18. Znaruto
19. oo DeD
20. Annchen
21. oo DeD
22. Truth.Be.Told
23. Znaruto
24. Ecavi
25. oo DeD
26. Znaruto
27. Das Tor
28. oo DeD
29. wooga Paes
30. Kaelyndra
31. Tanakako
32. Epine de Rose
33. Tanakako
34. Epine de Rose
35. Tanakako
36. Epine de Rose
37. Tanakako
38. Epine de Rose
39. Znaruto
40. wooga Paes
41. Split Personality
42. oo DeD
43. Tanakako
44. Epine de Rose
45. Ecavi
46. Mogami
47. Ecavi
48. oo DeD
49. Saint Sergio
50. Mogami
51. Tanakako
52. Mogami
53. F a y t h - x
54. Saint Sergio
55. oo DeD
56. Mogami
57. wooga Paes
58. Quaji
59. F a y t h - x
60. Mogami
61. F a y t h - x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:01 pm
oo DeD

((The cub is yours! I'll get you family info when I have a chance (he won't be RPable for a bit, though, as he hasn't been born yet).))  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:25 pm
((* u*!! Thanks so much! This has been fun!))  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:49 am
(an ending post for Iddo that I had started before but never posted, I wanted to get him back to safety ^.^’)

Iddo rose to his paws, mustering all his courage and strength into that one action. The frightened cub started walking, first slowly and then quickly following after the unnerving sound of panic cries and calls for loved ones, none of which he recognized as belonging to his family members. He couldn’t see anyone he’d met before and he feared he’d never be able to find his family in this confusion as everyone seemed to be running somewhere but he couldn’t keep up. The cub whelped as someone ran past him and nearly stepped on him and he called out again for his mother. He didn’t know where to go and what to do and the smoke was beginning to impair his vision. It seemed to accumulate near the ground right at cub-level and Iddo started coughing compulsively.

“Mo-.” He was about to call out again one more time when he felt his body being pulled up in the air as if effortlessly. An adult he did not recognize was carrying him away from the field of smoke and the crackling fire and finally taking him to safety. At this point, Iddo really didn’t care that he was being carried away by a stranger. This was one of those moments when the cub welcomed it, finding comfort in the presence of an adult who was obviously going to take care of him. He coughed again but he was smiling now. Soon, he would surely be reunited with his family and all would be well once again. Iddo hoped none of the others had gotten lost or injured and that they were all together, just waiting for him to return.

“Thank you.” He said quietly, finding an immense relief in the fact that he could now rest easy and let the responsible adult handle the decisions. As the air surrounding them became cleaner and Iddo found less trouble breathing, he looked around to the small gathering of lions who had also managed to find refuge from this fire monster thing everyone was talking about – he’d like to ask about it but it was obvious that the adult who was carrying him would have some trouble answering him with the current cub-in-mouth condition. He didn’t really care. Right now, Iddo just hoped his parents weren’t looking for him in the confusion they’d left behind and that his family would soon be reunited.

[End post for Iddo]  

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out