A Few Matters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luciella Latte
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:02 pm
Hey guys, this is the hard part of the job. The bad news. If the first two do not apply to you, awesome ^_^

1. We had someone leave because they were feeling ignored. Please please please, stop saying that to me. I hear it alot, and I try to reply to reply to everyone, but remember: I'm guild leader. I've got to handle all complaints, all problems, and events. If you aren't getting replies, maybe its because although your posts are long and detailed, they leave no option for interaction. Ok? If you want to be talked to, let people talk to you. Sit by someone at the lunch table, or train with someone. It's not hard.

2. s**t talking. I want none of it. If someone isn't doing so well in the RPs, please don't talk crap to each other about them. I can't stand that. You wanna talk s**t? Leave. If someone isn't posting well, hey maybe try giving them a little advice. That's a nice, not offensive way to handle it. i don't want to send someone a pm saying "A bunch of the guild members think your posts are shitty." Do you know how that feels? It sucks.

3. The battle system. I'm thinking of changing it. If anyone has a suggestion, please post it. I'm thinking it will be the same with the random numbers, but everyone will have a health bar. Like, each person will start off with 10000hp, and what ever the opponent's random number is, you subtract that from your hp. How does that sound?

I'm sorry if that sounded rude, but seriously, I have to draw the line. Our characters battle, but we can all be friends. I love you guys, and your like my good friends.

Also, I've decided to elect two vice captains and three crew members. ice captains will be in charge of problems. Any complaints will be taken to them. They will present anything important to me. Crew members will be peace keepers, making sure all member's are being respectful and not making sexy time. Fooling around is ok, but if your gonna get naked, take it to the pms.

I will continue hunting for members, Editing areas, and my usual RPing.
To anyone who read all of this and is still an active member, I love you heart

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:32 pm
Lilith.

Thank you for the Position on your guild. I will uphold your laws as written.

The battle system. heres my suggestion. Roll DICE 100 sided die at 20, Minimum you'd do is 20 and max 2000 You could give either ten thousand or eight thousand hit points. and do it like Magic The Gathering. (Or for the 'younger crowd' Yu-Gi-Oh).

Example (10,000 HP)

Mitchell attacks Lucifer, rolls 200, Lucifer defends with 250, Lucifer takes No damage.

Mitchell defends Lucifer's 400 with 20, Takes,380 damage.

Mitchell attacks, (Power of 500) Lucifer defends, (Power: 400) Lucifer - 100

So forth and so on.

That takes away the chance of somone Randomly rolling a 1 or some lower number getting completely nerfed with somone rolling a 3K plus roll.  

Mitwad

Witty Werewolf

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100

Luciella Latte
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:38 pm
S i l e n t P o e m
Lilith.

The battle system. heres my suggestion. Roll DICE 100 sided die at 20, Minimum you'd do is 20 and max 2000 You could give either ten thousand or eight thousand hit points. and do it like Magic The Gathering. (Or for the 'younger crowd' Yu-Gi-Oh).

Example (10,000 HP)

Mitchell attacks Lucifer, rolls 200, Lucifer defends with 250, Lucifer takes No damage.

So forth and so on.

That takes away the chance of somone Randomly rolling a 1 or some lower number getting completely nerfed with somone rolling a 3K plus roll.

Thank you for the input! I will give this serious consideration.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 pm
That is a great idea but the only issue would be that either the person defending would need to roll twice, or post twice, once for an attack and once for the defense to the other attack.  

NeverDreamt
Captain

Friendly Shade

6,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200

Mitwad

Witty Werewolf

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 pm
Lilith Ebony
S i l e n t P o e m
Lilith.

Example (10,000 HP)

So forth and so on.

I mean, It's simple, you could with each fight Post in who is fighting, and after every round, YOU (Or one of your subordinates) post how much damage someone does, then the next person posts (IE You, Lucifer The kitsune, You, Kitsune, Luci You, Luci Kitsune) (I am so bad with characters .. razz ) Etc. More and more. with the dice yes it's not perfect, but it reduces Nerfing (Nerfing is where one side gets dominated) 'S all I'm saying.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 pm
S i l e n t P o e m
Lilith Ebony
S i l e n t P o e m
Lilith.

Example (10,000 HP)

So forth and so on.

I mean, It's simple, you could with each fight Post in who is fighting, and after every round, YOU (Or one of your subordinates) post how much damage someone does, then the next person posts (IE You, Lucifer The kitsune, You, Kitsune, Luci You, Luci Kitsune) (I am so bad with characters .. razz ) Etc. More and more. with the dice yes it's not perfect, but it reduces Nerfing (Nerfing is where one side gets dominated) 'S all I'm saying.

This is why you were promoted!  

Luciella Latte
Crew

Mitwad

Witty Werewolf

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:47 pm
chadjo97
That is a great idea but the only issue would be that either the person defending would need to roll twice, or post twice, once for an attack and once for the defense to the other attack.

Thats why you have a third party involved, to remove and negate damage.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:50 pm
Why don't we just keep the way the battle is now, in my opinion I like the way it's set as now.  

Banana McMuffins
Vice Captain

Bashful Regular

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Consumer 100

Mitwad

Witty Werewolf

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 pm
I also thought you could have an energy bar, that gets reduced by actions and damage but.. too flawed.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:34 pm
Another solution to the two post thing is a slight modification~

Bob attacks (roll of 250)

Joe defends + counters in his posts (180) Joe loses 70 health, That is his defence and attack for the next turn

Bob defends counter with (190) He blocks/dodges it and proceeds to counter. So on and so forth,

it would be a little more convenient then two posts but still have the lovely system that was originally thought up smile  

lantob

█GℛIMOIℛE PℛIVATE█

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff