Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]
[PRP] Returning the Runaway (Ciaran/Kakalina/Eli)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:24 pm
User Image (I'm assuming you know what your lioness's daughter looks like XD)

The dark lion blinked and slowly opened his golden eyes as he let out a yawn. The small nap he had managed had energized him and he was ready to head back into the fray of the pride. He was about to stand up when he noticed the weight that was lying on his exposed belly. He wasn't sure how he had ended up on his back or how the small dark red cub had ended up lying on his stomach, purring contently in her sleep. He could feel a slight purr building in his chest before licking the small black tuft of hair on top of the cub's head affectionately while trying to figure out how he could get up without waking her up. He leaned forward until he was able to grab the scruff of her neck with his teeth and slowly raised her off of him. He exhaled through his nose when he managed to get up on all four paws with the cub sleeping as he held her.

He should probably get her back to her mother now, he decided as he made his way through the land. He wondered which of the lionesses the tiny cub belonged to and hoped they wouldn't take offense to him for bringing her back to them. He scanned around looking for any one who bared resemblance with the small cub he had. It took a couple times scanning around, observing all of the lionesses that passed by until he spotted her. It had to be her anyway. The black fur on her head, the dark red pelt, and probably the same green eyes that had looked up at him sleepily a few hours ago.

With the lioness in his sights, he made his way over to her.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:31 pm
User Image
Eli had her back to the approaching lion, observing the testing of a new game she wanted to present for her clan's festivities. Last year, it had been pumpkins in a bowling type of game. This year she wanted to see if she would be able to tie a bunch of leaves, mud, and sticks together to make a hanging basket for others to whack at to release the goodies inside. She had yet to decide what those goodies would be. The process of finding a design that worked and wouldn't fall apart on its own was too much a task to focus on the next step.

The lioness's tail flicked as her green eyes jumped from one bundle to the next, looking for any loosening of the bonds that held it. A stick slowly started to slide from one bundle, the top of it opening in a fashion like a budding flower will. Eli sprang forward, her paws going to either side of it to hold it still while her teeth pushed the stick back in. Tapping it a few times on the sides and top, adding some more mud to the top, she let it go to the care of another Vuli to hold together while it dried. Turning around to resume her observation spot, she spotted the vaguely familiar lion approaching her with the all too familiar ball of fur dangling from his mouth. She walked back to her spot, sitting down with her tail curled around her to await his approach. He was one she had seen around on occasion, but never had a chance to interact with.

Of course it would be one of her adventurous cubs who gave her the opportunity.

Eli blinked her green eyes at him, a hint of playfulness sparkling in their pretty depths, the tip of her tail jumping up and down. "Present for me? What has my little Kakalina done today?"

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:22 pm
When he got close enough for the lioness to recognize the small bundle he was carrying in his mouth, he caught a glimpse of humor in her eyes, which were just like the cubs like he thought. He gently laid the cub down next to her mother and nudged her close to the dark red lioness's body.

He noticed the others off in the distance a little ways, fussing with what was probably something they would be using for their festival by the looks of it.

He grinned down at her with a small tinkle in his own golden eyes. "Well if you want to keep her," he winked, "Oh you know, running off, using strangers to sleep on, the usual." he commented jokingly.

Kakalina was still deeply asleep but noticed the slight change in scent and warmth, curling closer to the familiar scent as she began to purr in her sleep.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:30 pm
Eli took a moment to look down with affection at the little red bundle, the only of the cubs that looked so like her in coloring. Including the ones who were not with her anymore. She curled one leg around Lina, pulling the sleeping cub protectively closer to snuggle with her tail and be free of her front paws in case she were to move them too much.

The lioness made a mock sigh, hanging her head just slightly to make the mood of her teasing. "I suppose I will have to, since she's clearly mine." Raising her head, she gave a smile to the male, the playfulness died down to a smile of gratitude. "Thank you. These daughters of mine are always running away from the other adults. Bit too much like me at their age.

So who are you?"
the lioness asked, straight to the point in the most blunt way possible as usual. Eli was not one known for using tact or sugar coating anything. "I've seen you, but we haven't spoken. You're not Vuli, at any rate."

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:50 am
Ciaran watched as the little bundle snuggled close to her mother's tail, throwing a paw over it, and nearly blended in with her. It was slightly amazing how much they looked alike. It was almost as if the lioness had been replicated in the tiny cub.

At the female's mock sigh, he grinned. "Well I don't know about that; I could always keep her until she wakes up to make sure," he replied with a small wink.

When she thanked him for returning her daughter, he nodded. "You're welcome. From what I've seen, they all have quite the adventurous and curious spirit; you can't fault them for that." He couldn't imagine a young one being without the curiosity that would allow them to have experiences that would help them to grow. At least then they would learn to take care of themselves.

"I'm Ciaran of the Mrao."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:59 pm
Eli placed her paws flat on the ground, arching her back in a small stretch after all the day's planning she had been doing. Even just standing and supervising was a difficult task. She wanted to lay down and take a nap like her cub, but that wasn't in the job description until later in the day. If she left now, she was sure something would go wrong and all her planning would be for nothing. They'd have to start from scratch. It had happened before.

"I am Eli. Short for Elikapeka. From the Vuli." She paused to glance back at the preparations behind her, her ear, having been always listening to the ones behind her, having picked up a sound she disliked. It was a cracking of the twigs and she looked back just as one ball collapsed inward on itself. The lioness opened her mouth to shout, then remembered the cub sleeping against her side. Instead, she flicked a small rock their way until one looked, than shot a look that they must have understood. The creatures working on the activity changed their tactic.

Turning back to the male lion, the smile returned to her lips as she dug her claws into the ground beneath her.

"You've seen my other two? I pray none of them caused any trouble."

LexThetaSigma

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm
The commotion going on behind the lioness managed to distract the male for a moment. They must be getting ready for their celebration that would be coming up soon. He was curious to what they were working on but put off asking, deciding he could wait until they let everyone in the pride see what they had come up with.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Eli." he replied and grinned when she looked behind her to see what the others were doing. He winced as he heard the crack of a twig and watched as something caved in on itself. Their reactions when Eli flicked a rock their way caused a small chuckle from him.

"I haven't seen them today, but I have seen them around," he replied when asked if he had seen the other two cubs that belonged to the lioness. "I don't think they've caused any trouble though."

Hoshi Lockhart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:01 pm
Eli caught the chuckle at the reactions of her workers. Her workers, of course. This was her idea and she was running the show, so they answered to her. Whether they liked it or not. And she was sure they didn't like it. Some took her constant happiness to mean she wasn't the brightest of bulbs. Quite the contrary. And so they weren't shy about their dislike of her. But she knew. She always knew. Did it bother her? No. She was who she was. If someone didn't like it, that was their problem. She'd always been like this. From being so independent from a young age. The lioness wasn't completely sure how to handle social situations. Even now in her adult years.

A part of her wanted to say You say that now. However, she kept her mouth shut and focused her face not to betray her inner thoughts. Now, now. It did no good to judge the reaction of the stranger on the first meeting.

Not today, huh?

"I hope that doesn't mean they're in the middle of something," the lioness spoke mostly to herself, looking off in the distance where she knew the location of the nanny was. She'd have to check on the other two when she returned Lina, anyway.

After a short period, she looked back at Ciaran.

"Looking forward to your turn at this?" A sly grin appeared on her face. Eli couldn't remember seeing this particular lion before winter, the season his clan ruled over. She wasn't sure what rank he was, but all ranks helped with their clan's celebrations, anyway.

LexThetaSigma

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 pm
Seeing the Vuli clan members at work under Eli's watchful eye was a reminder to Ciaran. Though it was still a ways away, soon it would be his clan's turn at the festivals; even though he mostly watched over the pride and the borders, he still wanted to help out as much as he could. He remembered helping one of the members gather pine cones to use later on but he was unaware of anything else that was possibly in the works.

He laughed at her comment about her other cubs. "Hopefully they aren't. Their poor nanny gets a work out watching them, doesn't she?" He stretched up and looked in the same direction as the lioness to see if he could see any tiny bodies that resembled the lioness or tiny cub he had returned.

He just barely caught the sly grin on Eli's face as she asked her question. Was he looking forward to being a dad? He looked down at Kakalina, who had burrowed closer to her mother while still sound asleep, and his smile softened.

"In some ways, yeah, I am."

Hoshi Lockhart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am
It was difficult for Eli to ignore the workers behind her. When duty called, she was all business and serious face. She badly wanted to go back and make sure they weren't making a mess of her designs. But it would be rude to walk out on the male. Besides that, she was enjoying the company. At least for now. It was too early to be deciding if she liked Ciaran or not. He couldn't be all that bad, though. He went out of his way to bring her daughter back. Most of the pride should be tired of chasing after her cubs by now.

"Mm," the red lioness agreed. "She's just lucky I only have half of them." Unlike most lionesses, the memory of the parting wasn't as painful for Eli as it would be for most. She held more a curiosity than a longer. A curiosity to know where they had ended up and how they were fairing. If they remembered her. They must. If not how she looked, than how she smelled. She had spent many weeks curled up with her cubs for their own safety until the point they could follow along behind her easily.

Thus there was no break in her voice at the mention she had given birth to twice as many as were within the pride. She was sure they were safe. What kind of a father would take half the cubs just to put them in danger?

The sly smile returned to the lips of the Vuli lioness. "Oh? Is there a lady to or is carrying your genes around?" Because she was nosy. And it was always nice having more cubs in the pride. The better to boost their numbers.

LexThetaSigma

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:14 am
Ciaran's golden eyes widened when she mentioned that she only had half of her litter with her. He knew that the three cubs in the pride belonged to her; if that was only half, she must have had a full litter then.

"I take it the other half went with their father?" He wondered briefly what kind of male had gotten to the lioness and had taken some of their children with him. The cub he had brought back didn't seem to be attached or remember him much.

Ciaran laughed at her sly comment and shook his head as a faint memory of the rogue he had shown around the pride crossed his mind, "No lady, and none carrying my genes," he briefly recalled the lioness again, "Well, not that I know of anyway."

Hoshi Lockhart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:16 pm
The lioness chuckled at his expression, trying to keep it light so as not to wake the sleeping cub. On the other hand, maybe she did want to. She would have to return to her work soon and it was easier to transport a cub who was wide awake. Eli was not really fond of doing anything silently unless it was hunting.

"I have two more daughters and a son," she answered, not quite what he was asking but still the answer to his question. "He was an ex Firekin, so that's where they went. If you've ever heard of that pride. I have all three colors of the Firekin on my pelt. Lina is the only one with my eyes and red color. She was a must to come with me." Shrugging her shoulders, Eli added, "It's a pity the Firekin is so far away and I can't watch them grow, but that's life sometimes." Her voice softened, dropping down a note with a tang of regret edged in. "Maybe when they're older we'll meet, again. For now, I can't go that far."

Here Eli's facial expression took on the sly look, again, as she laced her tone with a slight sultry edge. "Pity. Your eyes really jump out from your dark coat. More golden eyed cubs would be lovely."

Looking up at the clouds, the lioness squinted her eyes as she glanced at the positioning of the sun. "But I think it about time I get this little one back to the nanny to continue her nap while I get back to work. You're free to help us, if you wish." The red tail uncurled from around the cub, becoming a separate being from the same shade of red of the young one. Eli was still debating waking her or not. Bending down to the scruff of her neck, she decided on leaving her sleep. If she woke at the sudden height or when she brought her back, so be it.

LexThetaSigma
I can't tell if that's an invitation, so he can take it how he will! 8D Oh, Eli~
If Lina wants to wake up, I could go a few more posts. We cover a full RP right now. Lina can always introduce Eli to Ciaran later, if you'd rather. I'll grab you later for that and some ideas mulling in my head. I must be away to work right now.

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:52 pm
Wow! He hadn't expected to get that explanation out of her. Despite the hint of regret in her voice, she seemed to be handling being separated from the other three pretty well; he wasn't sure how he would ever handle having his cubs so far away from him. If he ever had cubs.

"At least you know where they are and if you ever wanted to try to go that far, I could watch your cubs for you," What just came out of his mouth? Did he just offer to babysit three rambunctious cubs? He caught sight of Lina once again; he could understand why she had brought her with her and he was glad that she did. She wasn't much to deal with, but to deal with her and two more?

Now she was casting another sly look his way. When her voice dropped slightly to a more sultry tone, he wasn't too sure what to do, especially with her comment. Did she just come on to him?

Ciaran shook his head, whether it was to chase the thought away or to deny the offer of letting him help, he wasn't sure. "I should probably get back to work myself; never know when little ones or not so little ones will get themselves in trouble after all." He nodded to the lioness and her sleeping cub before walking off in the opposite direction.

Hoshi Lockhart
I think that's good for now. We still have a few months before we can throw them in the breedings so plenty of time to throw them together again, especially with the new additions 8D

[IC] Sikukuu Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games