Submit

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:28 pm
I just got done watching Asylum Of The Daleks and I was really surprised... I never thought in a million years that there would be a Dalek that I'd like! Never thought it'd be a crazy one at that! Too bad the Doctor didn't take her with him... she could come in handy I think! What did you guys think of it?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:00 pm
It was incredibly epic! Especially the fact that she wiped the Doctor from the Dalek's memories! I know that the finale will probably answer "Doctor Who?" Especially since they mentioned it last season.  

DiscordWhovian

Junior Genius

4,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Member 100

silversonic1

Mega Noob

20,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:59 pm
It is a brilliant beginning to the new series/season. Still, I have a few nitpicks that I have to bring out.
1. Skaro? Wasn't that lost in the Time War?
2. "New Paradigm" Daleks are supposedly the only kind of Dalek that should still be around(with those in the asylum being the only exceptions). However, "New Series" Daleks are quite abundant in this episode.
3. The first Dalek Rory examines defies logic. In one shot, it's missing a light. The next, it has it. Than it's missing again. Than back. Missing. Back.
4. The Daleks have a democracy now? Seriously. A Dalek Prime Minister...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:25 pm
Here comes a candle to light you to bed
Here comes a chopper to chop off your head

I really liked this new episode, the crazy Dalek/human was badass, but I'm with silver on the fact that it had some plot issues that messed it up a bit.

Chop, chop, chop, chop...

Ergo Kortina

Sparkly Sex Symbol

22,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Nine1122

Quotable Businessman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:44 am
I have learned to never apply logic to doctor who. I loved this episode and have a question for anyone with the answer. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't The Human/Dalek played by the same actress that will become the doctors companion once Amy and Rory leave? It makes me wonder, Is the Doctor's new Companion a Dalek? If not then how is it that the human inside the dalek looks exactly like the doctors new companion.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:33 am
aww man, i taped that episode (yes, VHS taped, im so old fashioned)

I was so hoping that "soufflet girl" would be going with the doctor, plus, most of my family though Amy would die in this episode.

Even though the psychic network was altered, Dr Who wouldnt be the same without the daleks, the two go hand in hand, or something like that.  

kalenakeeper

18,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Generous 100

Starchan13

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:12 am
kalenakeeper

I was so hoping that "soufflet girl" would be going with the doctor, plus, most of my family though Amy would die in this episode.

I think she was supposed to be a companion, according to my source. Who forgot her sources.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:47 am
Starchan13
kalenakeeper

I think she was supposed to be a companion, according to my source. Who forgot her sources.

yeah, i was thinking that too because she was on good morning .....something in britain......  

kalenakeeper

18,350 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Generous 100

Starchan13

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:55 am
kalenakeeper
Starchan13
kalenakeeper

yeah, i was thinking that too because she was on good morning .....something in britain......

Hm...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:16 am
how do you make a souffle anyway? i didn't think they needed milk....to wikipedia!

(yes, thats all i got out of the episode)  

dem0nicd0rk

Fallen Phantom

9,490 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:27 pm
rikunarutorocks
how do you make a souffle anyway? i didn't think they needed milk....to wikipedia!

Yes, they do require milk. Here is a recipe for a basic souffle:

Basic Souffle
(Makes 6 servings)

2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
2 tablespoons (30 mL) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon (2 mL) salt
Dash pepper
¾ cup (180 mL) milk
Filling of choice (see below)
4 eggs
2 egg whites
¼ teaspoon (1 mL) cream of tartar

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk all at once. Continue stirring until mixture boils and is smooth and thickened.

Separate 4 eggs. Beat yolks well and add some of the warm mixture to the yolks. Combine yolk mixture with remaining sauce, blending thoroughly. If desired, add filling ingredients, stirring them into the white sauce until well blended. Set sauce aside to cool slightly.

Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold some of the egg whites into the sauce to lighten it, then gently but thoroughly fold the sauce into the remaining egg whites.

Carefully pour the mixture into an ungreased 4 cup (1 L) soufflé dish or casserole. Bake in a preheated 375F (190C) oven for 17 to 20 minutes.

Filling Suggestions:

* 1 cup (250 mL) grated cheese and ½ teaspoon (2 mL) dry mustard
* ½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped cooked chicken, 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped mushrooms and 2 teaspoons (10 mL) chopped fresh parsley
* 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked carrot, ½ cup (125 mL) grated Cheddar cheese and ½ teaspoon (2 mL) dried dill  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:51 pm
Nightshroud01
rikunarutorocks

Basic Souffle
(Makes 6 servings)

½ teaspoon (2 mL) salt
Dash pepper
¾ cup (180 mL) milk
4 eggs
2 egg whites

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Stir in milk all at once. Continue stirring until mixture boils and is smooth and thickened.

Separate 4 eggs. Beat yolks well and add some of the warm mixture to the yolks. Combine yolk mixture with remaining sauce, blending thoroughly. If desired, add filling ingredients, stirring them into the white sauce until well blended. Set sauce aside to cool slightly.

Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold some of the egg whites into the sauce to lighten it, then gently but thoroughly fold the sauce into the remaining egg whites.

Carefully pour the mixture into an ungreased 4 cup (1 L) soufflé dish or casserole. Bake in a preheated 375F (190C) oven for 17 to 20 minutes.

Filling Suggestions:

* ½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped cooked chicken, 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped mushrooms and 2 teaspoons (10 mL) chopped fresh parsley
* 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked carrot, ½ cup (125 mL) grated Cheddar cheese and ½ teaspoon (2 mL) dried dill

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! you're now officially the coolest person EVER!  

dem0nicd0rk

Fallen Phantom

9,490 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 pm
rikunarutorocks
Nightshroud01
rikunarutorocks

Basic Souffle
(Makes 6 servings)

½ teaspoon (2 mL) salt
Dash pepper
¾ cup (180 mL) milk
4 eggs
2 egg whites

Filling Suggestions:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! you're now officially the coolest person EVER!
Thank you!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 pm
Nightshroud01
I just got done watching Asylum Of The Daleks and I was really surprised... I never thought in a million years that there would be a Dalek that I'd like! Never thought it'd be a crazy one at that! Too bad the Doctor didn't take her with him... she could come in handy I think! What did you guys think of it?

He couldn't take her while she was still IN the Dalek. xp The Doctor could pull a nice timey-wimey scheme  

TriSarahTops_93

Seasonal Regular

7,450 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items