Welcome to Gaia! ::

The NFL Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the game. 

Tags: National Football League, Football, Pigskin, American, Sports 

Reply The NFL Guild
The Jacksonville Jaguars... Londons team??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:16 pm
Since 2007 the NFL has been having 1 game a year in London England. Every year the teams would alternate and two new teams would go over for a regular season game. Rumors started to rise that the NFL is seriously considering placing a team in England due to the overwhelming amount of success the England games have had. Well today they got one step closer in doing just that.

The Jacksonville Jaguars, who have had difficulties in recent years selling out home games will become London's team sorta speak. For the next 4 years the Jaguars will play one of their home games in London.

''I passionately believe the big growth now is going to come from overseas,'' owner Shad Khan said. ''We've got to go where we can leverage and take advantage of some of those things. You've got to fish in ponds where you've got fish in there. We're going to a pond where there are no fishermen.''

Does this mean that the Jaguars will eventually move away from Jacksonville one of these days, not necessarily, but it does mean that possibly, one of these days, if the next 4 years pan out well for them, that they just might become London's official team.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:07 pm
Dear monkey's uncle, I hope not. I have no problem with games being played in London. I think it's fantabulous, but put a team in London, and that is a HUGE setback for the majority of teams. It would be incredibly hard to go back and forth to London all season. It just seems like a bad move if it happens.  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items