Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:04 pm
User Image

Hikari was a normal girl from a normal family. Always had been. But then came the night she saw a shooting star, and she knew she wanted to be so much more. The skies above lead her, and good fortune preserved her, until on these lands she set foot.

She had heard whispers, rumors, on her journey, and had determined that this pack was where she would find herself. Now, if only she could find someone who lived here....  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:39 am
User Image

Namid picked up her back feet as she tried to run forward with her front. It was a rather difficult maneuver. She over heard some other pack members talking about balance. They mentioned the concept of having balance with your body translating to outer...things. She mentally shrugged. This concept seemed a bit weird. Of course you needed balance... or else you'd fall over. Regardless, Namid attempted to run with only her front legs, causing her to tip over most the time. Though, if she could run on her front legs, then she'll have super balance?

Her ears flattened to her skull as she dashed forward, but something caught her eye and she started flipping head over heels toward the ground. She shook her head to set things straight before glancing up. Another dog greeted her eyes. "Are you good at balancing?" She blurted out.

F a y t h - x

Skyflu
Crew

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:06 pm
Hikari jumped when she heard Namid. Ooops, must have been daydreaming again!

"Oh, ummm... I once balanced a bone on my head! Does that count?" Hikari said excitedly, tail wagging behind her.

"Ummm, excuse me, but are you a member of the Ny-o-ta--Wa-so-maj-i?" Hikari had to pronounce the name slowly to say it right, "Cause my name is Hikari, and I'd like to join!"

The happy smile never left the blue star-marked wild dog's face.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:07 pm
Namid cocked her head to the side as she contemplated whether or not balancing a bone on your nose counted. An aching pulse began to grow behind her eye so she shrugged and just agreed that it did. Balancing is balancing. The other dogs didn't go into details about it. Though...if they did, Namid wasn't paying attention. It wouldn't be the first time.

"Yes!" She stood up as straight as she could while she answered. Maybe it would make her seem more official? She noticed that taller animals gained more attention. Well, it could be because the small creatures didn't want to to be stepped on. Namid relaxed after thinking about it a little more. Her shoulders were getting stiff anyways.

Namid stepped right into Hikari's face and stared at her with un-blinking eyes. "What's the password?" She didn't move. Going for a little more authority here, Namid wanted to test Hikari. Not that there was a password, but she was just curious to find out what the other dog would come up with.

F a y t h - x

Skyflu
Crew

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:08 pm
Hikari just giggled, "Password? Oh, well let's seeeee~"

She pretended to think for a moment, looking up at the sky.

"Hmm, well, I don't know!" she finally replied, cheerily.

Honestly she doubted that there was reeeeaaaally a password. And if there was, there wasn't any way she could possibly know it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:47 am
Namid observed Hikari while she thought about an answer. Hopefully, she'll come up with something interesting. It was a bit of surprise for Namid to hear that Hikari didn't know the answer. She tilted her head to the side, calculating whither or not that was a good enough response. Hikari's retort was honest, which was an acceptable answer. It would have been more interesting if she went with Sliced Meat. Of course, that could be because Namid's stomach demanded food.

Namid shook herself to bring her attention back to Hikari and shouted, "Good enough!" Then spun on her heels and faced the direction of the caves. As a member of Nyota-Wasomaji, it was her duty to direct interested parties to the pack. Though, she'll have to do more digging to make sure Hikari wasn't some danger. Really, this was a bit too tiring for Namid. She looked back to Hikari, "Follow me and I'll take you to the pack. Also, are you a real Wild Dog or something that looks like a dog?" Only dogs could join the pack and she needed to be sure Hikari wasn't some mutant lion.

F a y t h - x

Skyflu
Crew

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:46 pm
Hikari followed, her gait bouncy and a bright grin on her face. She quirked her head at the question presented to her.

"Hmmm, I'm pretty sure I'm a real Wild Dog." Then she laughed, "I'm certainly no nasty old hyena!"

She had never had any good experiences with hyenas. Nothing so terrible as some creatures she knew, but still, nothing that gave her a good opinion of them. They were pests, and had an annoying, creeeepy, laugh. Not like her laugh.

And she definitely wasn't a jackal! She was too big! A mutant lion though? Now that was a thought. Nah! Her ears were too big!

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:29 pm
Namid faltered a bit confused. "How can you not be certain you're a Wild Dog?" She tilted her head in thought. Maybe other animals weren't as self away as she was? Though, a hyena...Namid wasn't quite sure what that was. By the way Hikari responded, she was glad she wasn't one.

A few good sniffs should solve the problem though. Namid padded close to Hikari and reached behind her neck to check. Yep, just as she though, a Wild Dog. Good. Now she didn't have to worry about getting in trouble. Namid usually wasn't really interested enough in making sure an animal was a Wild Dog or not. However, the headache she'd get from a lecture was enough of a reason to really check this time.

"So, how do you connect with the stars?" The stars were the backbone of their pack. If Hikari didn't like them, then Namid would have to ditch her.

F a y t h - x

Skyflu
Crew

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 pm
"I was joking!" Hikari laughed as Namid checked to make sure that she was, indeed, a wild dog.

The stars? How she connected with them?

"Well," Hikari began, going cross-eyed as she tried to look at her forehead, "I do kinda have a star on my head. Oh, and here too!" she stuck her nose to her shoulder.

"But I guess that's not what you meant. Well, my family was pretty normal - just your average wild dogs living life day to day in monotony." Then her eyes lit up, "But one evening I saw a star shoot across the sky! I'd never seen anything like it. It was so pretty. I knew then that I wanted more out of life than simply living one day to the other."

Blu Chalk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 pm
"Ah, good." Obviously Namid didn't have the right kind of mind to understand jokes. Most of the time she spat out literal answers, which rewarded her with awkward moments. Not that she felt weird, but the body language of the joke teller either molded to annoyance or frustration. It could be rather fascinating if she wasn't so busy doing star business.

Her eyes followed Hikari's pelt. That definitely looked like a star on her head. Though, maybe it didn't. Nobody has ever gotten close enough to a star to really see what it looked like. However, the symbolism did seem actuate.

Namid nodded while Hikari told her story. It was crucial that a dog be connected to the stars in some way. Inspiration is a powerful motivator. Namid's journey started with a feeling as a pup, which grew into a full on force. She sees and hears things that pull her closer to the stars.

"Good, then you will enjoy the pack." She pushed onward with a little speed. The excitement of a new pack member sent her feet moving. "We're close."
F a y t h - x

Skyflu
Crew

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:57 am
"Yay!"

Knowing that they were close now put even more pep to the wild dog's step. She was excited to see her new home, and all that awaited her. She was sure she had much to learn, but she looked forward to it greatly!

((Wrapping this up since it is dead...))

Once they arrived, Hikari excitedly set to what she needed to do to officially become a part of the pack, and meeting her fellow pack members. Making a new life for hersel, aided by the stars. Her adventure was just beginning...  
[IC] Nyota-Wasomaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games