Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Public Archives
Nuzlocke Story

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:42 pm
Okay, I don't have a scanner, so if I wrote my Nuzlocke run as a story with chapters as I went along, rather than a comic, would anybody be willing to read it?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:44 pm
I would. I really like Nulockes. :3  

Papi Judd

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:58 am
Nuzlocke Run for Ruby

Rules I will be using:

1. If a Pokemon faints, either release it, or put in a box marked "Dead" and never use it again.

2. I will only catch the first Pokemon I find in every area, including the Safari Zone. Grass, water and caves will count as seperate areas on every route, but seperate bodies of water, grass, ect. within the same route will not count as their own areas. Ex: If there are 2 bodies of water on Route 'X', then I can only catch 1 pokemon from the water, not two.

3. I will use healing items when and where I want to, however many as I wish per battle. (Except revives, for obvious reasons.)

4. I won't over-train my pokemon, as that would take some of the challenge out of it. Ex: I will not battle the 1st gym leader with level 20 pokemon, I will not take on the Elite Four with level 60's, ect.

EDIT: (Almost forgot this rule.) 5. I'll catch HM slaves if I have to, but I will not use them in battle if catching them breaks the rules, not even as meat shields.

Now, I haven't ever put a Nuzlocke run in story mode before, so I'll do my best.

With all of that out of the way, let the Nuzlocke run begin. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:11 am
Chapter 1: Basic Intro

Bo wiped some sweat off his forehead and yawned. "What I wouldn't give for a glass of water and a nap." Bo and his mom had stayed up all night packing, and they hadn't gotten any sleep. Now, they were riding out to Littleroot in a moving truck, and Bo was regretting his decision to ride in the back, no matter how cramped the front was.

A few minutes later, the truck stopped, and the back was slidden upwards. Bo stepped out and observed his new surroundings, admittedly pleased with the small town feel. Now this... this I can work with. Bo entered his new home and gave his mom a quick greeting before running up to his room. Bo looked at his clock and swore. One in the morning... no wonder I'm so exhausted. Bo got on to his computer for a few minutes, reading a couple notes and taking out a potion. I don't know what I'll need this for, but I guess it's good to be prepared.

Bo ran back downstairs and talked with his mom for a few minutes. "Oh, dear, why don't you go say hi to our new neighbors? I called ahead, and they said that they'd stay awake for us." At one in the morning... are you serious? "Okay mom, bye!" Bo left and walked into his neighbor's house, having a short chat with the professor's daughter, May, before leaving. "Hm... I wonder if she's into me? Not really my type though..." Bo thoughts were suddenly shattered in an instant when he heard yelling.

"Somebody help me! HEEEEELLLLLP!!"  

Bigbadbo3

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:30 pm
Chapter 2: Hometown Hero

Bo sprinted off to where the shouting was coming from, though he wasn't sure how he was going to help. I don't even know what the situation is! Bo got to the scene and found out very quickly what the situation was, and it wasn't pretty. There was some man running around frantically with a Poochyena desperate to take a bite out of him. The man was finally cornered, and when he saw Bo, a pleading look came into his eyes. "Please, in the bag... Pokemon.... pick one and save me!" Bo almost couldn't react. Was this man telling him... to battle? Bo quickly gathered his wits and nodded at the man. There's no time to think, just act! Barely slowing down as he ran, Bo took out the first pokeball he saw and tossed it. "Pokeball, go!"

The ball opened, and red light exploded from inside, then quickly faded. Standing in its place... "Hey, I'm Troy the Treecko. You called?" Bo nodded with a sense of awe, not quite sure what to do. The Treecko took a quick moment to size up his trainer, acting a little fidgety and tapping his foot impatiently. "Are we going to battle or not? Let's get going!"

Pokemon: Treecko
Name: Troy
Nature: Hasty

"Huh? Oh, right!" Bo nodded and painted a serious look on his face, glaring at the Poochyene. "Hey, Cujo! You want something to fight?" Bo challenged it. "Troy, let's see what you can do! Use pound!" "It's about time!" The Poochyena charged, snarling at Troy and trying to Tackle him. Troy just smirked, sidestepped, and leaped into the air, dodging with speed that amazed Bo right from the start. Oh wow, that's just incredible! Troy brought his tail under him and smashed Poochyena right into the ground. Poochyena barely had time to yelp before Troy swung sideways and sent Poochyena flying into a tree. Such speed... this Treecko is something else, entirely. The Poochyena, now more terrifed than it was mad, ran off into the bushes, whimpering. "I didn't mean to be that aggressive, but I just hate it when battles take too long, you know?"

Bo just smiled and shook his head. "Troy, you are just too cool for words right now. Return!" A small beam of red light hit Troy, and the pokeball closed him inside. Bo walked over to the man's bag and picked it up, bringing both it and Troy's pokeball to the man he had just rescued. The man gave Bo a grateful nod. "Thank you. I'm Professor Rowan, by the way." Professor Rowan accepted his bag, but hesitated when Bo offered him Troy. "Hm... I think you should hold on to that little guy. I'd say he's in far more capable hands with you, rather than with me."

Bo's face lit up, and his eyes shone with a look of hope. "Are you saying...?" Rowan smiled and nodded. "I am. Now, come to my lab; we have much to discuss. Today is the day when you finally become a trainer."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:37 pm
Ah, I was thrilled when I saw Troy's nature was hasty. mrgreen I love having fast pokemon.  

Bigbadbo3

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:39 pm
Also, forgive me if I'm going too quickly, but if I don't write my chapters soon after something major happens, then I'll probably forget what happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:39 pm
You've inspired me to do my own nuzlocke, and document it, just like you have. ^^  

Scalar Swordsman

Dapper Tycoon

3,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:29 pm
Scalar Swordsman

Awesome! It always feels good to inspire somebody mrgreen Good luck with both your Nuzlocke and document. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:31 pm
Chapter 3: The Journey Begins

Bo and Professor Rowan spent a great deal of time in Rowan's lab, with Bo's responsibilities and future as a trainer being the main topic. "So remember, your skill as a trainer comes from the heart. Believe in yourself and your pokemon, and nothing will stand in the way of what you hope to accomplish. Do you understand?" Bo was a little confused. "I've only just become a trainer, so I'm not entirely sure, Professor, but I'll try." Rowan nodded. "Good, I respect your honesty, Bo. In time, you'll learn. I'm sure of it!" With the discussion over, Rowan stood up from his chair. "Now, my daughter, May is out helping me with research on Route 103. Why don't you two have a little battle? Test out what you can do against a fellow trainer?"

Bo stood up and nodded. "I'll give it a shot. I don't any reason not to." Rowan smiled. "Good luck." With that, Bo left the lab and approached Route 101. Bo let Troy out of his pokeball, determined to have them both experience this journey together. "Troy, we're about to have the experience of our lives, and I want you to see every second of it. We're on the path to greatness, and our journey starts today." Troy gave Bo a playful punch in the shoulder. "So are we going to actually move, or are we going to stand around here and talk about it?" Bo laughed and started walking. "A point well-taken. Let's go." And so the two stepped forth into the opening world of pokemon, a whole new journey, the likes of which they had never seen before.

Many pokemon attacked Bo and Troy on their trip through Route 101, and they all lived to regret it. A pokemon stepped up, and Troy knocked it away. Another thought it had a new fighting style to win with, and Troy gave them a new way to lose. Troy was rarely hit, but when he was, it seemed to hurt more than it should have. He's fast, but with all of that speed, I suppose Troy can't take a hit. Bo and Troy made it to Oldale Town in great time, where they took a short break to rest, eat and explore. Bo saw what looked like a path to a new area and was instantly intrigued. Maybe I'll go over there, before I battle May. Bo started walking out to the new path, but was stopped quickly by another man. "Wait! I found footprints of a rare pokemon, and I really need to sketch them." Bo looked down at his feet and saw what the man must have been talking about. How many rare pokemon wear shoes? Bo wondered if he should tell the man, but figured he should let him find out on his own.

Bo left the area and moved on to Route 103, where May was supposed to be. After some more exploring, and a bit of training, Bo and Troy finally found her. "May," Bo called out. "Let's have a battle!" May quickly obliged, sending out a Torchic. "Troy, be careful. That's a fire-type pokemon."Troy jumped off of Bo's head and into battle. "Whatever," he said, rushing towards Torchic without a second of hesitation. "It's a weak and untrained fire-type." Troy backed up his words with a dominating performance. Put quite simply, Torchic didn't stand a chance. Troy flipped, he ducked, and he dodged. There were some rusty, off-balance moves Troy tried to execute, but he was still an inexperienced pokemon, and he still had plenty to learn. Torchic pushed Troy the farthest he had ever gone before, but that wasn't really saying much.

Bo gave a confident grin as May called back Torchic. "See you back at the lab?" May nodded. "Yeah, come meet me there. I think you're ready for what me and Professor Rowan have in store, for you." May left, and Bo cheered on and praised Troy the whole way back to Littleroot. Bo entered the lab, his chest swollen with pride, and Troy looking about the same. Rowan greeted them as they approached. "May told me about your battle. Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. As a sign of trust and the respect I have for you as a trainer, I want to give you something."

Bo was intrigued. "What is it, exactly?" Rowan turned reached into a lab coat pocket and pulled out a metal rectangle of some sort. "It's called a PokeDex, and I want you to have it. It's used to collect and store data on pokemon. I want you to help me with my research as you go on your pokemon journey." Rowan nodded at May. She walked up and gave Bo five red and white orbs. "These are pokeballs, and they're for capturing pokemon." Bo was stunned by Rowan and May's kindness. "This... this amazing! Thank you, so much." They both nodded, and wished him luck. "Now go."

Bo made a quick stop to say good-bye to his mom, who gave him a kiss good-bye and a pair of running shoes. "Be safe, and more importantly, have fun on your adventure."

Bo was happy to do so, and soon he and Troy were staring down the beginning of Route 101, both anxious to step through and truly begin their journey. "Troy, are you ready for this?" Troy shot Bo a cocky grin, and a there was a gleam in his eye. "What do you think?" Bo could only laugh. "Then let's go!" And they embarked through the tall grass together.  

Bigbadbo3

Bigbadbo3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:52 am
Ugh, I'm glad I finally got that massive post out of the way, so I can start focusing on the more entertaining stuff.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:58 pm
Chapter 4: The Early Bird Gets the Worm; Part One

At 3:00 in the morning, it was still dark outside, and both Bo and Troy were fascinated by all the chittering and rustling they heard in the darkness around them. "Wow," Bo whispered, awestruck, "this is unreal. I've never been this close to the wild, before." Troy nodded his head in agreement. "I've never even been awake at the right time to experience things like this..."

They both kept walking down the path through the area, keeping their eyes peeled for a pokemon to catch. As they travelled on, Bo felt a tug at his shins, and he suddenly faceplanted in the dirt. "What in the world..." Bo looked back at his feet and saw a thick strand of silk stretching from one tree to another. Someone tripped me? Bo heard wild giggling, and saw a Wurmple in front of him, rolling around on the ground, now laughing hysterically.

Pokemon: Wurmple
Name: Ian
Nature: Impish

"You should have seen the look on your face!! Oh, you roookie trainers are so much fun to mess with. Ian the prankster, that's what they call me." Bo stood up and brushed some dirt off of himself, glaring at Ian. "Troy, are you ready?" Troy answered this by charging Ian, dodging his grouped up String Shots by jumping side to side. "Troy, use Pound!" Troy jumped up into the air, planning to slam Ian into the ground. If concentrated, accurate attacks won't work... Ian used String Shot again, but this time, his attack was thinner and more spread out, with several strings, almost like a spider web. The attack worked beautifully. Troy was hit and pushed back into a tree, the String Shot keeping him pinned there.

As Ian charged at Troy with a Tackle, Troy had to think fast. This web is weaker than a usual String Shot. Maybe I can... Mustering all of his strength, Troy pushed against the tree, forcing a gap between himself and the tree, the String Shot web holding him up. Ian hit Troy with his Tackle, but Troy suddenly stopped pushing against the web, and Ian, who had slipped inside one of the spaces in the web, was smacked against the tree, just as stuck as Troy was.

"Troy, that was brilliant! Weaken it with absorb!" Troy happily obliged, and wasting no time, he chomped down on Ian and draining his health. A worn-down Ian slashed apart the web with its stingers, freeing both him and Troy. As soon as they hit the ground, Bo threw a pokeball, giving Ian no time to react. The pokeball connected and brought Ian inside, hitting the ground and starting to rock. Bo and Troy watched the pokeball with pounding hearts, trying to stop the pokeball from rocking by sheer force of will. They both knew how big this moment was; the first pokemon that they might catch by working as a team. The pokeball rocked a few more times, and then... Bo's PokeDex lit up, spitting out information about Wurmple.

"We did it!!" Bo shouted and cheered and picked up Troy, spinning around in a circle with him. "The first pokemon we ever caught!" Troy laughed along with Bo. Troy was hiding his excitement more than Bo was, but he was just as thrilled. We just might have an actual shot at the championship, if we keep this up...  

Bigbadbo3

Kill Carolyn

Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:40 pm
This is good! I like how you're really tying in the natures with the pokemon's personality. Keep writing and I'll keep reading!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:52 pm
To those who read and enjoyed my Nuzlocke:

I'm really sorry I haven't put any new chapters up, but my Ruby Version stopped working. crying My Nuzlocke was on an actual game cartridge, not a Rom, so I got totally screwed.  

Bigbadbo3

Public Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff