Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Great day for a stroll ( Kocoi and 'Tano)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:06 pm
User Image

Kocoi had decided a walk would do him good, he wanted to get away from his feathered friend, but that was harder done than said. She was always following him, and sometimes he just wanted to strangle her. Though, he'd never actually do that. She was probably the only think actually keeping him alive... Well not really, he didn't want to give her that much credit. His ears were back close to his head with a grumpy look upon his face. She had been nagging him like a mother would, or perhaps a mate.

He flicked his tail and grumbled under his breath when he heard her above, though it seemed like she was getting closer. "Kiel, if you knew what was good for you, you'd stay away" He snapped at her. He could hear her snicker at him. She always called his bluff.

Kielistanilopias couldn't help but giggle at Kocoi, he was too adorable to piss off at times. She snickered at his little tantrum, she hoped one day he'd be less of a kid. She landed on his back and folded her wings to her side and pecked his side for a moment. "Cut it out, you know you couldn't live without me." she wiggle her tail feathers and went to cleaning her wings. She knew he loved her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:21 pm
User Image
Though Mapatano was usually arguing with his bonded, for some reason or another, today they were getting along quite nicely. He strolled along with the kite on his shoulder, though he suspected she would tire soon. Some time ago she could sit on his shoulder for hours as her walked, but as he understood, the limp made things a bit more uncomfortable for Hisa. He had never walked quite the same since the fight with Machafuko, and sometimes it was strange to him to realize that event, now a few years in the past, still affected him.

"There's someone up ahead!" Hisa declared suddenly, and he blinked, raising his head. Yes, there was. A white male. Mapatano wasn't always interested in stopping to chat, but this bothered him. He could only assume this lion was a newcomer here. Nice as it was to see the pride striving again, it troubled him to see so many newcomers, and irked him that he could no longer claim to know everyone by name. Especially now that he was part of the council, somehow it seemed more important. He altered his course so as to reach the other male. Step by step, he supposed.

"Good afternoon." He greeted, keeping his tone mild, though Mapatano could never be mistaken for inviting.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:56 pm
Not exactly what Kocoi had wanted, running into someone else. Though it beat listening to Kiel any longer. It would keep her busy now that someone else was around. Maybe she'd nag them instead. The look upon the other's face didn't give him a very comfortable feeling. He flicked his tail and gave a fake smile to the other, trying to be polite. "Hello" He didn't know anyone here, but he thought it best to try to get along with everyone.

"I'm Kocoi" He said with a nod, trying to start things off at a good foot despite his mood about Kiel. "This here is, Kiel" He told the other, not bothering with her full name. No one really could say it anyways. Even he couldn't, at least not when he was trying. Not that she minded that nick name.

Kielistanilopias nodded to them as she poked her head from out of her wing from cleaning it. She must be out of touch today, she didn't even notice them. Then again, she was too busy bugging Kocoi. "Kielistanilopias." She corrected. She hoped from his back to the top of his head to get a better look at the two in front of them. Of course she knew that Kocoi hated it, but that didn't stop her from doing it all the time. "A lovely day, isn't it?"

wooga Paes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:08 pm
"I'm Mapatano, and this is Hisa." He shrugged his shoulder slightly, and the red kite hopped down to the floor with a beat f her wings. Kocoi's bonded had a long name, and though it wasn't necessary, Mapatano rather wanted to say it, because it was a small challenge and he wanted to be sure he could. Turns out little things did amuse him, even though he didn't show it. "Kocoi and Kielistanilopias." He nodded. That sounded about right. "It's nice to meet you." A necessary formality, even if it wasn't the most convincing sentence he had ever uttered.

Hisa was more outgoing and friendly than her bonded, if still prone to some grumpiness and stubborn attitude. So she hopped a bit closer and tilted her head up at the lion and the bird on his head. "So, I guess you're new here! How new?"

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 pm
Kiel gave a little chirp at the surprise on how well the other male pronounced her name. More than she could ever get out of Kocoi. She smacked Kocoi with her wing lightly, though she was sure he wouldn't even notice it much. "You actually said it pretty close." She said with another chirp to her words. "But you are welcome to use Kiel" She added with a nod, she just wanted to make sure that she got her full name out there first.

"Pleasure is mine" Kocoi said and then looked to the bird that seemed to want answers pretty up front. Not that it was a problem, it was obvious that he had no clue what he was doing yet, perhaps he needed a helping hand in this place. "Pretty new." So new, he didn't even know where to start. He nodded his head and was slightly embarrassed at the fact. "I honestly don't know where anything is." He said with a nervous smile. It wasn't really like him to be nervous. Then again, he'd never really been around others much.

Kiel gave a small squeak and she looked at the other bird. "We actually sort of just arrived a day or so ago." She added with a proud sense to it. She wasn't ashamed to be new. It meant there was many opportunities for her to make friends, and try to make Kocoi actually make friends instead of showing off... That was hard enough as it was.

wooga Paes

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:55 am
Mapatano wasn't really one for nicknames, and normally he might insist on calling the avian by her full name. Fun as it was to say, however, it was rather long. Not that he thought he'd need to say it often, so he only nodded. "A day or two ago?" The dark lion frowned slightly. "You've met the King, I assume?" He hadn't quite meant to grill this newcomer, but he just needed to be sure the right people knew.

"Neat. A lot of newcomers lately." Hisa mused from her spot on the floor. She was more open to the idea than her bonded, and didn't think it likely history would repeat itself. The kite figured they had a right to be cautious, however. "If you guys need to find something I'd be happy to show you!" She didn't speak for Mapatano, because that didn't always work too well.

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:59 pm
He didn't know if he could say they actually met, it was more just a brief thing, he didn't even think that he caught his name. "Not a proper meeting, no." He said was the best way to do it. He felt a little more nervous now. He'd hope that they would get a chance to have a decent conversation though. "But, I hope to do that soon." He wasn't sure if he was actually IN the pride yet, he knew he had to make himself known. At least, a good known type thing.

"I have to get approved by Peke... I think the name was." He said, though he had no clue who that was as of yet. Another thing he was determined to find out soon. He didn't want to feel so out of place. He gave an awkward smile. Did this male always come off this way? Something told him yes, but he didn't want to assume.

Kiel squeaked and hopped down to the ground with the other bird. "I'd love to take a tour of the place. I don't think numb skull would want too as much." She jerked her head up towards Kocoi. She was the only one that could call him names, at least for now. It drove him crazy, but she knew deep down he liked it. "It's quite lovely here." She had to admit. She ruffled her feathers and gave a happy chirp.

wooga Paes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:37 pm
That was a bit of a downed for Mapatano, because he disliked anyone unaccounted for in this pride. If it was only a brief thing, how could this male even be acting so much like it was a done deal? Oh well... some lions just rushed into things, he supposed. He had to be tolerant at times. "Peke, that would be correct. He will ask you questions." It was good to know that there was someone in this pride who could not be lied to, it set Mapatano's mind a bit more at ease.

Hisa could tell her bonded wasn't exactly very pleased at this point, and also that this poor Kocoi was feeling a little awkward. "Forgive my bonded, he's very edgy around newcomers, especially since what happened a couple years ago!" And she figured she couldn't blame him. "Yes! We are fortunate to have beautiful lands and clear skies." The kite nodded happily. "You and your lion will like it here, I'm sure!"

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:29 pm
Kocoi was okay with questions, he had been asked many questions of late. He was ready for more. Not that he had anything to hide, he liked to keep himself open and whatever other's saw was what he was. Though, sometimes he did get nervous about certain things. It wasn't like it was something he planned to do, it just happened. Kinda like this encounter. He felt like he needed to impress this male in some way, but the more they talked, the more Kocoi had a feeling things weren't going as well as he'd like. He gave the other a nod.

Kocoi hadn't heard much about Peke, but was told to talk to him and get things sorted out before he could be completely accepted. He was in no rush, but it was best to get it done sooner than later. "Do you know where I can find him?" he asked. Kocoi looked do the bird and nodded, though he had no clue what she was talking about. He understood that you should trust everyone you meet, and this male had it right. "I understand perfectly" he said with a smile.

Kiel gave a tiny chirp as if to giggle. She was amused at Kocoi, he didn't normally get a run in with another male, but it seemed he might have found someone who didn't exactly like him. Though, it wasn't something personal, apparently, it was only because he was new. "I already like it here, it's very nice!" She said with a nod.

wooga Paes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:18 am
Mapatano was looking at him in perhaps not the nicest way, sort of like a cat eying a mouse, but at least he was giving this male the benefit of the doubt. Yeah, he was probably harmless, and was just taking a bit longer than the black lion would like in getting things done.

"He spends his time near the pass that leads into this valley." Peke was not unlike Mapatano in some ways, and kept to himself quite a bit. The young male was certainly still an asset, however.

Hisa nodded, pleased. She was quite proud of her homelands, even though she was not at all responsible for them. "I'm glad!" Finally she figured she might try and get this poor new fellow out of Mapatano's stare. "Well, 'Tano and I are going hunting now!" She announced, flapping her wings to pick up high enough to land on the black lion's back. He was so accustomed to the action that he didn't even twitch. "I hope you find Peke easily!" They probably wouldn't have a much easier time with him, but oh well...

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:32 pm
Kocoi nodded at him, he didn't quite like the way the male was looking at him. It made him uneasy. He felt like the other could see deep inside of him, and that wasn't very comfortable. Not that he had anything to hide, it just wasn't something he was use to. "Thank you, again" He said with a nod at the male. He didn't know if he wanted to run into him again, or perhaps he wouldn't have a choice. He hoped Peke would be a little better, or maybe this place was full of those who were a bit guarded?

Kiel gave a chirp before flying back up on Kocoi's rump. Ready to go to the next lion they had to meet. She wasn't gonna let him do this alone. "Perhaps we'll see you guys again!" She said happily. As Kocoi moved away from the other's towards the way he had once came in, Kiel spoke. "They seemed nice" She giggled and ruffled her feathers a bit.

Kocoi just grunted, wondering if he had already seen this Peke on the way here. Though, he wasn't sure. He had seen many faces, and hadn't any names to place them. Well, a few names now, but that was it. He signed, something told him this wasn't going to be easy, but if it wasn't a challenge, then it wouldn't be worth it.

wooga Paes

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff