Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
Am I the only one who thinks original Super Mario is hard?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think the first Super Mario game is hard?
  Hellz no, it is easy.
  Not really...you just aren't playing it right
  It's somewhat hard... but theres games much harder
  ITS TOO HARD T_T I always die
View Results

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:12 pm
The original Super Mario Bros. game (the first one from 1985) am I the only one who thinks it is extremely hard? I can't ever beat it. Too hard. It's really hard to get extra lives in that game and it is easy to fall. emo Too hard for me. I don't think I've ever beaten it.

Now the 3rd one, that one is fun and easy and heaven compared to the first one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:56 pm
Just skip to the last levels.  

Dannyxcores
Crew

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:16 pm
I've never finished it. Actually, the only computer game I've ever finished was...well, an arcade game actually. And that's the only one ever. (it wasn't anything to do with mario, though).

Super Mario Bros. seems to have a ridiculous amount of levels, though. I still, to this day, have no idea how many levels there are in that game.

My cousin figured out a trick to get passed stuff in Super Mario (I think it was the first one). Lets see, if I remember how it was done....you just stand on something in the game (like one of those big green things that go all the way down to the bottom and look like grass) and then crouch down and don't stop crouching. After a few moments, Mario (or Luigi, as the case may be) drops down behind all the scenery. Then you can run passed all the Goombas and things without them having the chance to kill you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:40 am
It's too hard. crying  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:16 am
So, Aoi....does that mean you finished the 3rd Mario game? I've never finished any of them. I have no idea how anyone finishes video games ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:19 am
Do you remember Game Genie? I never had one, but I remember when it came out. It was some sort of thing that you would stick onto the cartridge and it would give you extra lives in the video games.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Tree_Spirit 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:33 pm
Not really, I found it quite easy, especially since I'm actually close to the speedrun time.
The side scrolling mario games tend to be scaled to a difficulty curve where as you learn levels you learn tricks that you can use in later levels.

Now the Lost Levels are, a fair bit trickier.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:33 pm
Yeah right. Stop bragging. Girls don't play video games. razz  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Tree_Spirit 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:04 pm
I played quite a bit growing up. Older cousins, neighbors, the sort.
Sidescroller games are the only games I'm really any good at. I occasionally play a few other kinds of games, but not right now. Money's rather tight currently. I'm a casual gamer, but most of the games that were in my house were the Mario, Megaman, Castlevania, and Metroid games, so that's what I learned with.
You might want to look into the Lost levels, as it was a game from japan that is the sequel to the first mario game, that japan considered too hard for most of the US gamers to handle.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:07 pm
Tree_Spirit 5
I played quite a bit growing up. Older cousins, neighbors, the sort.
Sidescroller games are the only games I'm really any good at. I occasionally play a few other kinds of games, but not right now. Money's rather tight currently. I'm a casual gamer, but most of the games that were in my house were the Mario, Megaman, Castlevania, and Metroid games, so that's what I learned with.
You might want to look into the Lost levels, as it was a game from japan that is the sequel to the first mario game, that japan considered too hard for most of the US gamers to handle.
Last time I played lost levels was on the Super Nintendo on SUper Mario All Stars. Like in the 90s sometime, before age 10.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Tree_Spirit 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:15 pm
Yeah, those levels. they weren't brought over originally. Eventually though. They stand as some of the toughest levels that have been officially made for a sidescroller mario game.

And if your comment was originally about me speedrunning the original mario game, I'm at about 5 minutes and 45 seconds, and that's as good as I'll ever get.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:32 pm
Tree_Spirit 5
Yeah, those levels. they weren't brought over originally. Eventually though. They stand as some of the toughest levels that have been officially made for a sidescroller mario game.

And if your comment was originally about me speedrunning the original mario game, I'm at about 5 minutes and 45 seconds, and that's as good as I'll ever get.
Yeah right. You lie.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Tree_Spirit 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:41 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Tree_Spirit 5

Yeah right. You lie.
I'm not going to be able to shave off the 47 seconds to be the fastest.
What, you've never seen someone go through level 1-1, 1-2, then use the warp zone to go to 4-1, to 4-2, then warp to 8-1, 8-2, 8-3, then 8-4 to beat the game?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:46 pm
Tree_Spirit 5
Aoi the Crossdresser
Tree_Spirit 5

Yeah right. You lie.
I'm not going to be able to shave off the 47 seconds to be the fastest.
What, you've never seen someone go through level 1-1, 1-2, then use the warp zone to go to 4-1, to 4-2, then warp to 8-1, 8-2, 8-3, then 8-4 to beat the game?
I know the warp but there is a warp in world 4 that takes you to world 8? O.O

Yep I tried playing it yesterday without using warps and I died once more. I can't get past 3-4 min. Not enough opportunities to get extra lives and you can fall too easily in that game.  

Aoi the Crossdresser

Tree_Spirit 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:57 pm
Um, 5 minutes and 45 seconds is my time to beat the game, not just a level.
There are two warp areas. But I'm just not good enough to get below 5:45
I'm no pro at the game, but I can at least beat it.

This guy is a pro at the game though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcmKPmj9yeE  
River of Polls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces