Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VerifiedxPhysco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:06 pm
Did u hear the news about Tebow?
About the drafts picks "wrong"?
About the Saints being paid to injure the players?
HAve you head the news at all?
Some of these may be the past a few months,but just in case,i should tell you anyways.
Or tell others in the guild in this Topic.
It would be good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:30 pm
Oh yeah, I've been staying on top of the off season NFL news.

For Tim Tebow, if the Broncos want to bring in Peyton Manning and trade Tebow away, that's fine, trades happen all the time. What gets under my skin is how Elway came out at the end of last season and said, "Tebow is Our Man!" Then pulls this stunt. I mean granted, I would take Peyton over Tebow any day, but to make that statement first, come on Denver, show a little class for your organization.

For the Bounty scandal. That is very unsettling. Granted when I played football I tried to hurt people, but there is a huge difference between hurting and injuring. When a coach tells players to specifically go after players on other teams, take them out! And gives money as a reward for this? That is wrong. Everyone on the field, that is their job, they have a life, many of them have families to support and take care of, and they were jeopardizing all for what the other players are playing for. That is wrong. Accidents happen, injuries happen, but to deliberately try and take players out, guess what, sometimes players don't recover from the serious injuries, and their football career can end instantly as a result. Many people have weighed their opinions on the punishments handed out. Some say the Saints weren't punished enough, others think the NFL went too far in their punishment. I'm really not sure, How does one properly weigh and settle the right punishment for this crime? It is very difficult.

Unfortunately the problem with this guild is that it pretty much goes into Hybernation mode the moment the Superbowl ends. I try to post a few topics throughout the off season, I seriously thought the draft would spark some conversations, but it doesn't seem people are quite that interested in that. Good news is, we are just over 1 month away from the NFL Pre-Season! I can't wait!!

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:06 am
Cookie Icer
Oh yeah, I've been staying on top of the off season NFL news.

For Tim Tebow, if the Broncos want to bring in Peyton Manning and trade Tebow away, that's fine, trades happen all the time. What gets under my skin is how Elway came out at the end of last season and said, "Tebow is Our Man!" Then pulls this stunt. I mean granted, I would take Peyton over Tebow any day, but to make that statement first, come on Denver, show a little class for your organization.

For the Bounty scandal. That is very unsettling. Granted when I played football I tried to hurt people, but there is a huge difference between hurting and injuring. When a coach tells players to specifically go after players on other teams, take them out! And gives money as a reward for this? That is wrong. Everyone on the field, that is their job, they have a life, many of them have families to support and take care of, and they were jeopardizing all for what the other players are playing for. That is wrong. Accidents happen, injuries happen, but to deliberately try and take players out, guess what, sometimes players don't recover from the serious injuries, and their football career can end instantly as a result. Many people have weighed their opinions on the punishments handed out. Some say the Saints weren't punished enough, others think the NFL went too far in their punishment. I'm really not sure, How does one properly weigh and settle the right punishment for this crime? It is very difficult.

Unfortunately the problem with this guild is that it pretty much goes into Hybernation mode the moment the Superbowl ends. I try to post a few topics throughout the off season, I seriously thought the draft would spark some conversations, but it doesn't seem people are quite that interested in that. Good news is, we are just over 1 month away from the NFL Pre-Season! I can't wait!!

I think some of this bounty stuff is bullcrap. I HIGHLY doubt all the players they are saying were involved were ACTUALLY involved. I find that very hard to believe.  
The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games