Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Old-Timers!™

Back to Guilds

The guild for people who have been here from 2003 - 2010! 

Tags: Gaia, Old timers, Literate, Friends, Discussions 

Reply Gaia Flashbacks
I know some people friend others for their items on Gaia Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you agree?
  Yes
  No
  This was obvious
View Results

God of Spatulas

Loyal Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:34 am
I call that rude to the person.
Even the so called rich Gaians can be poor but not item wise.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:06 am
God of Spatulas

I know what u mean I started in the middle of 06 but I have 24 friends and only two are active most wanted my items. So literally I have no friends on my list anymore ::sniff::  

LdyChynna

Beloved Gekko

8,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

God of Spatulas

Loyal Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:49 am
LdyChynna
God of Spatulas

I know what u mean I started in the middle of 06 but I have 24 friends and only two are active most wanted my items. So literally I have no friends on my list anymore ::sniff::

I have some but quayla666 is probably the best to me.Some I am watching carefully because they saw the devil tail.
They talked to me but stopped doing that after they friended me.

Some of my friends are from 03 that liked me before the big items came out.I could not befriend some because they were either hacked or banned or did not believe I was that previous account.

I rather friend others for themselves not because of items.It's silly how a game can get so crazy like that.I have old friends that their only big item is fairy wings.

My 50 friends are not all active maybe half.
I hope you can make some new friends a long the way. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:48 pm
I've had a few friends from the past who friended me when I had borrowed my sister's OMG hat and Nitemare scarf and was wearing it around.
They never really talked to me, and I never really talked to them. xDD

The rest of the people on my friends list I've met through towns, zOMG, contest threads, and fishing. Most of them aren't active anymore. D: I have maybe less than 8 that go on every month. ;__;

pumpkin kouhai

Jeering Conversationalist

God of Spatulas

Loyal Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:13 pm
Example Lead
I've had a few friends from the past who friended me when I had borrowed my sister's OMG hat and Nitemare scarf and was wearing it around.
They never really talked to me, and I never really talked to them. xDD

The rest of the people on my friends list I've met through towns, zOMG, contest threads, and fishing. Most of them aren't active anymore. D: I have maybe less than 8 that go on every month. ;__;

I'm a bit antisocial so I have to push myself to interact sometimes.
I know I dislike when people do that, I want to be accepted for me not my pixels.
About that many or less are active on my friend's list.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:31 pm
I agree fully with you. sad All people give a care about are items, it seems.  

quayla666

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200

God of Spatulas

Loyal Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:39 am
quayla666
I know people over charge me on art and things sometimes due to my items.
Some think I act all high and mighty because of my items too.
In other words they are not worth the time and effort.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:02 am
God of Spatulas
quayla666
That is just plain greedy and nasty. :/ I hate it when people do that kind of crap.  

quayla666

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200

God of Spatulas

Loyal Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:44 pm
quayla666
God of Spatulas
quayla666
That is just plain greedy and nasty. :/ I hate it when people do that kind of crap.

I hate it too but you cannot change people..change like can only happen if they are willing to. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:06 pm
God of Spatulas
quayla666
God of Spatulas
quayla666

I hate it too but you cannot change people..change like can only happen if they are willing to. sweatdrop

Oh boy, is that a true fact. sweatdrop  

quayla666

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200

Rosie Fayce

Mega Noob

8,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:09 pm
I think that's actually the sad part. People would usually go around talking to others who have a lot of expensive items, or that they would look rather wealthy. To be honest, I only speak to like 3 of my friends on my friends list out of 20... Maybe it's my fault that I don't talk to them? lol I mean, they are all pretty much on the same level of wealth as I am [ perhaps even more ], but it was never about items. I would usually say, "wow! what a beautiful avi! <3" but never like "oh hey you're rich, give me an item? lol jk."

Some of them are inactive, others are just busy with their own thing on Gaia. I've met people who just wanted my items, I befriend them, but delete them 2 weeks later if we dont talk, anymore. I guess that's what people here have come to.

It's not cool. ;[

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:53 pm
Rosie Fayce
I think that's actually the sad part. People would usually go around talking to others who have a lot of expensive items, or that they would look rather wealthy. To be honest, I only speak to like 3 of my friends on my friends list out of 20... Maybe it's my fault that I don't talk to them? lol I mean, they are all pretty much on the same level of wealth as I am [ perhaps even more ], but it was never about items. I would usually say, "wow! what a beautiful avi! <3" but never like "oh hey you're rich, give me an item? lol jk."

Some of them are inactive, others are just busy with their own thing on Gaia. I've met people who just wanted my items, I befriend them, but delete them 2 weeks later if we dont talk, anymore. I guess that's what people here have come to.

It's not cool. ;[

I have a lot of people that I do not talk to much anymore. sweatdrop I have people that range in wealth wise but I don't care what my friends do or don't have.
as long as they are good people and friends that is all that matters really.
I have met people that only liked me for my items and i have little to do with them.
I am a person that has to be approached in order to have a conversation. sweatdrop

Razer

Captain

Unstoppable Razer

37,265 Points
  • God of Spatulas 500
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Rosie Fayce

Mega Noob

8,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:07 pm
Razer

I have a lot of people that I do not talk to much anymore. sweatdrop I have people that range in wealth wise but I don't care what my friends do or don't have.
as long as they are good people and friends that is all that matters really.
I have met people that only liked me for my items and i have little to do with them.
I am a person that has to be approached in order to have a conversation. sweatdrop

Yeah, I do have friends from all different wealth standards, I don't really focus on that though -- to be honest, the people I talk to would usually find me. I also don't talk to people unless spoken to. emotion_sweatdrop

I love the fact that there are good people out there who are willing to be your friend no matter what, regardless of your status, you know? Those are the best kind of people on Gaia. I'm sure you don't talk to those people anymore, huh? The one's that only liked you for your items?

well, now that I am here, I am positive we can talk all about the crazy stuff. 4laugh lol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:08 pm
quayla666

omgyouravataristhecutestthingIhaveeverseen<3333

I like how you matched the colors ; A;

Rosie Fayce

Mega Noob

8,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Razer

Captain

Unstoppable Razer

37,265 Points
  • God of Spatulas 500
  • Fishing is Love 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 pm
Rosie Fayce

Yeah, I do have friends from all different wealth standards, I don't really focus on that though -- to be honest, the people I talk to would usually find me. I also don't talk to people unless spoken to. emotion_sweatdrop

I love the fact that there are good people out there who are willing to be your friend no matter what, regardless of your status, you know? Those are the best kind of people on Gaia. I'm sure you don't talk to those people anymore, huh? The one's that only liked you for your items?

well, now that I am here, I am positive we can talk all about the crazy stuff. 4laugh lol
I sometimes find people but usually they find me and or initiate the conversations. sweatdrop
I think those who accept you no matter what are the best. whee
I do have some still that usually talk about my items a lot and other than that they are too bad. sweatdrop
I just have people that I am closer to than others. 3nodding
I don't know what to bring up but you can bring up anything. 3nodding

Gaia Flashbacks

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas