Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:35 pm
I'm Entering for [Buck One]!
username ;; thyPOPE
name ;; Watered-down Clouds (Reflection)
my story ;; He'd never been a searcher, really. And it wasn't tales of his father that did him in. Waltz was his father - Waltz was the buck who'd decided to raise him. He didn't need to be faithful to someone who hadn't been...there in the same way. So REflection had been telling himself for months that it wasn't wanderlust. It wasn't any desire to see new places or try new foods or sing to new songs.

But sometimes it was nice to start...new. It had happened to him before. Find a place, settle down and meet the folks. Get to know the, and reflect on who he was. Party a little, too, while he was at it. Reflection was a fine dancer - he had all the speed and sinewy muscle of a kiokote, and the passion for poetry of a kimeti. People tended to like him for his dancing. If he wasn't the life of a party, he certainly did light it up, make sure everyone mingled. But after awhile, parties would get boring. He'd make mistakes, and maybe do some things that...uh, that he didn't want to be remembered for.

So he'd dance. He'd dance his way somewhere new, where he could look into the water and see his reflection - familiar as ever - but also the reflection of the sky above - it never looked quite the same twice. Then he'd settle down again. Get to know people. Maybe find somekin to love, a little while. And he'd move on. He wanted to tell himself it was the people, not any...well, not any particular desire to wander. He wasn't a wanderer, even though that was in his blood.

And then...and then he'd found it.

It had been a gathering of kin, and they looked...happy. It had definitely been accidental, at first, but he hadn't been able to help coming in and listening to a few stories, and then...well, wandering off. He hadn't wanted to intrude. It was accidental again when he found them the second time, two moons later - they'd just happened to cross paths. It was then that he'd danced out his story for them. And they'd nodded. And they'd understood. They knew what it was like to move away from the familiar, even when it meant letting go of parts of themselves.

So the third month - okay, well, he could admit it. He'd been kind of hanging around the area - by the lake, two palm trees, he'd heard, tossed about at the previous Sunspeak. And he hadn't been sure it was the place, he could tell himself. It was just...it looked awfully similar. And he liked lakes - you could see the sky in them without ever having to glimpse the sun. How was he to know that the tribe would show up?

Except it did. And he kept coming back, never staying long enough to make those mistakes again.

It wasn't just Desert that was family now - it was all of the tribe. And while he certainly couldn't say he chased the sun...he chased something.
zero kin newbie ;; I AM DEFINITELY A ZERO-KIN NEWBI - okay, yeah, I can't pretend anymore xD I'm not a zero-kin newbie ;;

I'm Entering for [Buck Three]!
username ;; thyPOPE
name ;; Corona
my story ;; He'd never been a searcher, really. And it wasn't tales of his father that did him in. Waltz was his father - Waltz was the buck who'd decided to raise him. He didn't need to be faithful to someone who hadn't been...there in the same way. So Corona had been telling himself for months that it wasn't wanderlust. It wasn't any desire to see new places or try new foods or sing to new songs.

But sometimes it was nice to start...new. It had happened to him before. Find a place, settle down and meet the folks. Get to know the, and reflect on who he was. Party a little, too, while he was at it. Corona was a fine dancer - he had all the speed and sinewy muscle of a kiokote, and the passion for poetry of a kimeti. People tended to like him for his dancing. If he wasn't the life of a party, he certainly did light it up, make sure everyone mingled. But after awhile, parties would get boring. He'd make mistakes, and maybe do some things that...uh, that he didn't want to be remembered for.

So he'd dance. He'd dance his way somewhere new, where he could look into the sky at night – familiar as ever, but a little different for a change in the trees silhouetted in it, or the mountains in the horizon. Then he'd settle down again. Get to know people. Maybe find somekin to love, a little while. And he'd move on. He wanted to tell himself it was the people, not any...well, not any particular desire to wander. He wasn't a wanderer, even though that was in his blood.

And then...and then he'd found it.

It had been a gathering of kin, and they looked...happy. It had definitely been accidental, at first, but he hadn't been able to help coming in and listening to a few stories, and then...well, wandering off. He hadn't wanted to intrude. It was accidental again when he found them the second time, two moons later - they'd just happened to cross paths. It was then that he'd danced out his story for them. And they'd nodded. And they'd understood. They knew what it was like to move away from the familiar, even when it meant letting go of parts of themselves.

So the third month - okay, well, he could admit it. He'd been kind of hanging around the area - by the lake, two palm trees, he'd heard, tossed about at the previous Sunspeak. And he hadn't been sure it was the place, he could tell himself. It was just...it looked awfully similar. And he liked lakes – it was humid nearby, so it was never hard for him to look into the sky and remember his first dream. How was he to know that the tribe would show up?

Except it did. And he kept coming back, never staying long enough to make those mistakes again.

It wasn't just Desert that was family now - it was all of the tribe. And while he certainly couldn't say he chased the sun...he chased something.
zero kin newbie ;; I AM DEFINITELY A ZERO-KIN NEWBI - okay, yeah, I can't pretend anymore xD I'm not a zero-kin newbie ;;

zero kin newbie ;; No. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 pm
thyPOPE
Oh goodness, so in love with your story! Buck One is yours (though I am also terribly in love with the name Corona)!

Blinded By Silence
Buck Three is yours! I cannot get over the description of the sun going down, Horizon and Watch will definitely be friendsies because Horizon is absolutely captivated by the ocean.

Samuel Carlin
What Storm says to Desert is so perfect. I don't know if it's because I've been reading too much Ayn Rand lately, but something about that little speech really resonated with me and made me think of The Fountainhead; no idea why though.

AND THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO ENTERED! THERE WERE SO MANY LOVELY STORIES AND NAMES AND AHHHHHHHH! THEY WERE SO WONDERFUL!

I really hope that in the future if you have a kin who is the type that you would join the Sunchasers or even just RP with me because all the stories were just lovely and I would love to RP with you guys!

(Miza, your name is brilliant and beautiful and please, please, please one day name a kin that because I love the name and images that go with it!)

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:15 pm
Oh gosh, Morphy. Thank you so much! I'm glad I got the voices right, at least a little.

Congrats to the other winners as well. I think this will be a great tribe to be a part of.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 pm
Congrats guys!! (:

@ thy
I really love the name Watered-Down Clouds. :>

@ morphy
Aw, thank-you. (:
And yes, maybe I will when I get an appropiate Kio. <3  

Amizade

Phantom

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:34 pm
i chase the sun
username ;; Blinded By Silence
kin ;; As the Sun Burns
reasons why ;; The drifting son of Sky-Like-Burning shares his father's lust for travel but his mental compass keeps him pointed at one thing and one thing only; the ocean. His undying wish is to see all that the water touches, which is often contradicted by his need for companionship. Watch joined the Sunchasers for that reason and that reason only.
any notes ;; He despises his father for abandoning them, but understands the way he feels. Watch feels Waltz is his true father.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:47 am
Double posting all the way~
Watch is always up for roleplay, just so you all know.
Hit me up if you want some, 'kay?  

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:48 am
Watch shared a story at the Westfen ORP.

<3  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:45 pm
Watch wants to partake in the BOTT, so if anyone from here wants to team up, please let me know!

Watch will also be entering for the role of the Crane~  

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:36 pm
Reflection says let's be endurance bros emotion_kirakira I also think stories would be interesting from the sunchasers considering they're semi-story focused but I'm not sure if we have enough non-Morphy members, or that I can enter the story contest through multiple tribes...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:23 am
I can toss Nomad into endurance! c:  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:10 am
I'm 95% certain you can enter in multiple performance teams. The only reason why the maze has a strict limit is because there's only one right answer and you can't just spread them across entries.
There's enough not-me members to pull off the performance. And I can play endurance.

We don't have enough for the pentathlon without recruiting though.... *stares into the distance*
Time to revamp and recruit!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:42 pm
We can do it~!  

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:40 pm
Guyyyys I'm gonna organize a Pentathlon team here since Morphy can't > u > We need at least three players and five kin; it's basically a commitment to respond to the challenge prompts once a week o u o!! I think it's basically the same sort of commitment as doing a WP once a week - although obviously I haven't seen the challenges after this one so I don't know if that's true, but if you enter you can post at any time within the week!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 am
Blinded by Silence

Ruriska

Samuel Carlin

Ideally, I'd like for us to try to enter the endurance! I'm going to throw Sky-like-Burning in there so that's one. We only need three of us Blinded, Ruri, thy, and I have already volunteered!

I'd really love if any to see you guys participating in Pentathlon, which again only takes three unique players, but will require five kin.

Blinded by Silence

If you want to organize a performance team, that would be great!

And a big thank you to thy for organizing the pentathlon since I can't participating in that without creating the most obvious cheating scandal ever.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:18 am
Alright, performance team, here we go!

I know that some of you are already involved in other contests, but I think that, as a group of kin dedicating our lives to the telling of a story, we just may have this one in the bag!

There are four steps to this contest, and thus we need four kin to participate! Watch is in this for sure, so I only need three more!

What we need to do:
- A Setting : We need someone to set the stage! If anyone has some form of plant knowledge, or has a kin who is interested in learning such things, let me know!
- Costumes : In order to captivate our audience, we need to catch their eye~ If anyone has a kin with a knack for vision, let me know!
- A Song : I know that we are used to spinning stories by voice, but have any of us tried a song? Watch thinks it would be a wonderful thing! If anyone feels poetic enough to put a story to music, let me know!
- A Performance : Here is where the story comes to life. I believe it is here that our tribe has the advantage. Together, we will spin the greatest story the swamp has herd!

Once I have three more members, we will begin plotting. If anyone has any ideas for this contest, don't be afraid to share them! That's what we do, isn't it?

Amorpheous

Ruriska

hybridic

thyPOPE

Samuel Carlin

Tribes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items