Submit

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:18 pm
*NOTE: for maximum entertainment value read this with a new yorker 1940s radio voice! Sort of like this guy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Gt6hPuMaw

'Existential Existence' reporting in here to give you the latest news in ******** from the Gaia Facebook camp!

This evening we have avatars made by Gaia staff! Where do these three innocent civilians belong and how will they avoid the cascade of tomatoes soon to be thrown their way? Will they survive the onslaught or will they cower away in fear and humiliation!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Can YOU dress YOUR avatar BETTER than this user?

Who is this mysterious user behind these monsterous, outdated creations? Will we ever find out their identity or will Gaia continue to pump out strange creatures from the continent out onto our screens?

How will the drama end!

We now give you pictures from the home front of the battle of wits at Gaia Facebook!

One can only hope the employee behind these avatars is playing a joke on the user base! A friendly, innocent joke!

Here's the post!
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150751786740286.387683.8123315285&type=1  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:44 pm
User Image

eh, that first one looks pretty old, I bet it's not even an active user. The others just look like newbs who can't afford much.

it's the ones wearing 40mil+ in items badly that irk me.
Y U HAVE SO MUCH AND LOOK SO BAD.

Read All Over

Bashful Bookworm

17,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bookworm 100

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:01 pm
User Image
Hey now. I used to wear that Black Jenny dress/Mini jacket combo. xD

Is this supposed to be a promotional thing to bring in new members? I guess they don't want to make it too hard for a newbie to make a better avi than those.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:05 pm
Read All Over
User Image

eh, that first one looks pretty old, I bet it's not even an active user. The others just look like newbs who can't afford much.

it's the ones wearing 40mil+ in items badly that irk me.
Y U HAVE SO MUCH AND LOOK SO BAD.

Honestly I think those avatars are jokes....Gaia gotta be kidding, you know?

Or they're trying to make it really easy to make better avatars than the ones they posted XD  

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:08 pm
KaylaGalela
User Image
Hey now. I used to wear that Black Jenny dress/Mini jacket combo. xD

Is this supposed to be a promotional thing to bring in new members? I guess they don't want to make it too hard for a newbie to make a better avi than those.

shaaaaammme lol shaaaammeeeee!!

IDK they post it to troll us? nah they're just being...really...silly.

but yeah it's really easy for a newbie to make better avatars...

at least the comments are entertaining.  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:19 pm
...why couldn't they use any of the avatars on the front loading page, or stuff advertised from their gold shop or cash shop updates?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:29 pm
Slick Southpaw
...why couldn't they use any of the avatars on the front loading page, or stuff advertised from their gold shop or cash shop updates?

Maybe they wanted to make it easy for people? XD  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:48 pm
They're all pretty old, I think. Like, they all look like 2006-2008 vintage, just from the items. confused

The thing that angers me the most about this is that they saved the damn avatars in JPEG. Dudes, the site itself uses PNG-8 - and I'm 99% sure FB doesn't convert images to different file types.

I'm agreeing with Read, though - Dolly Parton should not be your style icon.  

Phoenix Goliathane

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Sabin le Rose

Shameless Enabler

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:02 pm
I imagine it's to make people feel good about themselves when they do create a good image.
After all the target demographic still is 13-17 year old ladies, if I recall.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:26 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You saw my lovely avatar I posted in that status update? Yeah, now Gaians can see what a grand avatar looked like. cool heart  

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 pm
Shiver`
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You saw my lovely avatar I posted in that status update? Yeah, now Gaians can see what a grand avatar looked like. cool heart

anyone who posts their avatars on Gaia's facebook page has fallen into a trap. you have fallen into a trap. all hope is lost for you.

also it took me A WHOLE 20 SECONDS to find this thread...or at least it felt like 20 seconds....why is it an announcement? crying Someone moved it  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:27 pm
LOL I read that entire post in the voice of the announcer guy on Legend of Korra. It made it hilarious.

But really? This has to be a joke. Or this is the work of a very confused time traveler who thought this was still 2005.  

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Infamous

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 am
Existential Existence
Shiver`

anyone who posts their avatars on Gaia's facebook page has fallen into a trap. you have fallen into a trap. all hope is lost for you.

also it took me A WHOLE 20 SECONDS to find this thread...or at least it felt like 20 seconds....why is it an announcement? crying Someone moved it

It is an announcement because it is said in an announcer voice.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:04 am
Eudaemon
LOL I read that entire post in the voice of the announcer guy on Legend of Korra. It made it hilarious.

But really? This has to be a joke. Or this is the work of a very confused time traveler who thought this was still 2005.

I see you've been turned aka Korrafied. that's a good cartoon though.

that's what i think too....it has to be a joke...it has to.....they ain't trying to be nice, they're trying to troll us!! mrgreen  

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Voat

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:06 am
Meromictic
Existential Existence
Shiver`

It is an announcement because it is said in an announcer voice.

hmmm.......hmmmm..........if i use an announcer's voice for all my threads for now on......i wonder what would happen? emotion_dowant *clutters the announcements section*

heh heh heh....  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces