ShalomTheStargazer
Crew

Festive Cutesmasher

9,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:28 pm
Okay, I'm new to being the owner of a guild. As such, I am hoping that everyone will be willing to provide feedback and suggestions for how I should be running it. You may post ALL and ANY questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions here, but I will ask a few questions in particular that I request feedback on. These will be updated regularly, but as stated, this is a free-for-all of feedback (please, make it serious though).

The current questions:
1. Are the current subforums a good structure for the guild? (if you think I should add, there IS gold in the guild account, thanks to a very generous donation from xVoldie - thanks, girl!) I was considering adding a "Veterans Journals" subforum for when we get to the point where people are finishing the challenges, and we'll move "completed challenges" there just to give inspiration to fresh challengers. But that won't be for a while yet, so I may wait on that until that time gets closer and there is a greater following on Gaia. I was also considering a new subforum for writing unrelated to the challenges, so not everything gets shoved into the GD, the WIP, and the Mini-Challenges.

2. Are there any rules I should add to ensure the guild runs smoothly?

3. I'm hoping to expand this group a bit, get more challengers. Where should we go to recruit?

4. Is the current challenge structure enough, or should I make the rules more strict?

That's all my questions, but you are NOT limited to posting on these topics. Post away!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:16 pm
Just to answer your questions:

1. Since we've set up the subforums as they are, I think they're as good a system as any! I like the idea of added more subforums as time goes on, as well. I think that another subforum for unrelated writing is important, and as we're building a community here I'm not even sure personally I'd want it to relate to other challenges (unless you count working on a bigger goal like a novel a 'challenge'). I think it would be nice to include a normal Post Your Work For Feedback kind of forum, because since I think this guild will depend on a kind of close community it might be nice to be able to ask our friends what they think on another project we're working on - even if it's not challenge inspired. Does that make sense?

2. I think the rules we already have are sufficient. We don't want to scare potential new members away by being too strict! Or at least, that's how I feel since the rules we have are already pretty comprehensive. :]

3. I think the contest forum of the WF is a good place to start. We can also collectively keep our eyes open for anybody in the regular WF who looks like a suitable candidate (of course we will have to wade our way through the illiteracy first xd ). I'm also mentioning the guild to all of my writer friends on Gaia, and I think everybody else should be encouraged to do the same!

4. Once again, I think the rules we already have are fairly comprehensive, and I think if you start restricting what people can and can't do within the challenge then it'll also be limiting to creativity. I like how open-ended the prompts are, and I think that leaving them like this will incite the highest level of creativity (and guild membership/activity) from our writers. =D

Essentially what I would like would be a "Post Your Work" forum for works that are not related to the challenge. I don't have many other suggestions yet. ^^  

Psychotic Maniacal Sanity
Vice Captain

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
365 Days of Writing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers