Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
bueaty pagent

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:53 am
In this article, a trangender is kicked out of a bueaty pagent in cananda due to not being a natural born woman. Your thoughts?

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/miss-universe-canada-disqualifies-transsexual-contestant-she-born-192000420.html  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:26 am
I find it pathetic, as there are no rules saying you can't enter if you were born a male. She's more gorgeous than any of the other women in the pageant! My opinion is that it was wrong that she was taken out, and she should take action. Sue, I don't know. Just do something. It's sad how people react nowadays at the words 'transgender" or even "gay".

The Bodacious Soul Reaper

Pink Slowpoke

Liberal Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:49 am
It's sad, but I'm sure its something that will be quickly remedied.
I just get the feeling that it will.
But I agree with the above, she's a million time prettier than the other girls. I hate this knee jerk reaction everyone gets to even hearing the word Gay or Trans.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:03 am
Pink Slowpoke
It's sad, but I'm sure its something that will be quickly remedied.
I just get the feeling that it will.
But I agree with the above, she's a million time prettier than the other girls. I hate this knee jerk reaction everyone gets to even hearing the word Gay or Trans.

It's already remedied. The rules have been adjusted and she's back in.

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:35 am
Beauty Pageant*  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:45 am
lgtenos
Beauty Pageant*

No one asked you smart @$$ stare  

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

Coyote_Cain

6,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:50 am
I think its ridiculous, if he wants to be treated like a woman, treat him like a goddamn woman, its not like he's harming anyone by being a part of the pageant  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 am
Shadow Ra Warrior
lgtenos
Beauty Pageant*

Just saying. If you want people to take your posts seriously, especially those on the Internet and those related to potential political issues (not to mention posting in Extended Discussion), you must use proper spelling, grammar, and syntax. Am I being a "smart @$$"? Perhaps. But that's no excuse to take a lacked approach to presenting heated matters such as the incident you've linked. I honestly would reply to this post in a serious manner and give my two cents, but since you're so bent on calling me names [on every one of my posts and threads], I guess not. Here's a hint: Stop with the unprofessional statements and I will stop with the counter-strikes.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:12 am
lgtenos
Shadow Ra Warrior
lgtenos
Beauty Pageant*

Just saying. If you want people to take your posts seriously, especially those on the Internet and those related to potential political issues (not to mention posting in Extended Discussion), you must use proper spelling, grammar, and syntax. Am I being a "smart @$$"? Perhaps. But that's no excuse to take a lacked approach to presenting heated matters such as the incident you've linked. I honestly would reply to this post in a serious manner and give my two cents, but since you're so bent on calling me names [on every one of my posts and threads], I guess not. Here's a hint: Stop with the unprofessional statements and I will stop with the counter-strikes.

So that's what this is about; you think that my responses in every one of your threads/posts is me being an a*****e (except for this one since it CAN be taken the wrong way). Not really; looking at the threads I replied to, none of your threads/posts I've replied wasn't really on important matters; and furthermore, my replies we're mostly jokes (except for the snorelax one; I was DEAD serious). Its not my intention to offend you but it's not my concern on how you feel.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:13 am
It wasn't fair, but you know, beauty pageants are dumb anyways. Even if she *was* born a woman, they'd still find something imperfect about her anyways. Society judges people too much already, so why do beauty pageants where the judgement is ten times worse?  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Daishi Kajinaga

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:42 pm
As a transgendered woman myself, I find this pathetic. If we were able to choose our gender at birth, we would be women. Sorry assholes of this world, but sex isn't an option in the womb.

Oh, and those posters there make me absolutely sick. I hope a wild boar breaks into their house and hits them head on to knock sense into them. Seems Yahoo is a cesspool of closed minded, arrogant, and overall impared people.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:32 pm
bullshit, thats what i think about it. omg how stupid are people?  

Vinsmokin

lilla muchi

Beloved Shapeshifter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 pm
hate to say it but it most likely happened because the other girls were intimidated. and yes i consider him a her. and since they felt threatened by her beauty they caused this. i feel glad that shes back in and i hope the judges don't hold her being born a male against her.  
Extended Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games