Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
the adonis factor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:57 pm
Saw it today at my college G.S.A. Pissed me off; your thoughts stressed

For those who don't know, its a film that focus on male beauty in the gay community.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:54 pm
What.. the... ********..

This is just disgusting. Why someone would make a film on this is beyond me. Its a suttle discrimination -.-  

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:33 pm
I never seen it so I can't really comment on it. Is it a stereotypical film?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:56 pm
It's stupid.

But some of the men are yummy.

That's all I'm saying.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:26 am
Shadow Ra Warrior, could you maybe explain why the film pissed you off? What about it didn't you like?

Onato
What.. the... ********..

This is just disgusting. Why someone would make a film on this is beyond me. Its a suttle discrimination -.-

Subtle discrimination...? How so?

From the Wikipedia article, "...Hines uncovers the very common, often unsettling reality of how many gay men struggle to achieve and maintain a particular image in order to be accepted, sometimes at enormous cost of drug abuse, severe eating disorders, feelings of inadequacy, accompanied many times by discrimination, prejudice. Hines also talks to experts about the issue."

Sounds like a good enough reason to me. I've seen documentaries and shows that talk about how women are pressured to be thin and attractive at all costs, so I don't think the premise of Adonis Factor is bad. I haven't seen the film, though, so I have no idea how well the idea is executed.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:32 am
Taeryyn
Shadow Ra Warrior, could you maybe explain why the film pissed you off? What about it didn't you like?

Onato
What.. the... ********..

Subtle discrimination...? How so?

From the Wikipedia article, "...Hines uncovers the very common, often unsettling reality of how many gay men struggle to achieve and maintain a particular image in order to be accepted, sometimes at enormous cost of drug abuse, severe eating disorders, feelings of inadequacy, accompanied many times by discrimination, prejudice. Hines also talks to experts about the issue."

Sounds like a good enough reason to me. I've seen documentaries and shows that talk about how women are pressured to be thin and attractive at all costs, so I don't think the premise of Adonis Factor is bad. I haven't seen the film, though, so I have no idea how well the idea is executed.

I was pissed off at how much these men was all about looks; ugh just thinking about it pisses me off. Like someone said in the film "There's no real relationships." I also found many intersections in the film like you just stated about women being slim and cute (which also pisses me off stressed ). The purpose of the film is good, it what I saw (the looks discrimination) that pissed me off as Onato stated. I left the room with this statement "opposites of the same coin"  

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:35 am
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
I never seen it so I can't really comment on it. Is it a stereotypical film?

It depends on where you live and your thought process. It can be used as such but no since the film is bringing some issues to light.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:10 am
lgtenos
It's stupid.

But some of the men are yummy.

That's all I'm saying.

Speaking of which, If I didn't know any better, I'd say this one dude in the movie was horny; it was written all over his grin in his tight undies cat_lol  

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

Extended Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces