Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Spiritual Suicide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sirmartyr777

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:57 pm
Sometimes we lose sight of what we're supposed to have in mind as a goal. Sometimes we lose track of the truth we've discovered and wander of in another direction. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love you any less infinitely. God sees your problems, and knows the solutions, he is a just God in all ways. A non-Christian might look at his problems and ask why life isn't fair, but you have to ask yourself what your view of fair is. I know what it is. It's almost always the same. Fair is getting what you want, right? Wrong. Fair is getting what you need for the sake of your own character. Jesus Christ is my Hero. He was selfless, and full of Love. The bible tells us to be Christ-like, which is, in fact, the translation of the word Christian. We cannot be self indulgent and destroy our relationship with God because of our relartionships with ourselves.

I want to hear from all of you, I enjoy it, I really do.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:43 pm
You are absolutely correct. My main goals as a Christian are to be as much like Christ as i can, to dedicate my life to serving God, and to please Him in all things that i do. It is also important to keep in mind that what we want is not always what we need (like you said) and that God will provide us with what we need if we continue to pray and stay faithful. and it is true that we all sin and fall short of the glory sometimes, but we just have to repent and continue to strive to live for God. Also, Jesus Christ is my hero too. biggrin  

Princessofwhatever

AznZephyr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:47 pm
I disagree. Fair IS what one wants in order for one to feel like they have an equal opporitunity. The answer, life isn't fair. Life is Just. No matter what happens in this world, fair or not, whatever we do, our God is Just and he will judge according to how one lives his or her life. No one can live a just life, and that is why Jesus came down and saved us.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:16 pm
AznZephyr
Fair IS what one wants in order for one to feel like they have an equal opporitunity.

Wrong. Fair is being given an equal opportunity, regardless of how one feels about it.
AznZephyr

The answer, life isn't fair. Life is Just.

Not really an answer...more like a universal statement.
And please, elaborate...just how is life "just"?

AznZephyr

No matter what happens in this world, fair or not, whatever we do, our God is Just and he will judge according to how one lives his or her life.

That's just looking at it in a "black and white" perspective. You know very well there are more than the two.

AznZephyr

No one can live a just life, and that is why Jesus came down and saved us.

Now this, I can agree to.
We're human...we can't help but to be filthy.  

William Che King

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:39 pm
I am nice, I care, I listen to anyone who needs to be listened to. Thats as good and christlike as I can get. I am unabel to go out among the people and preach cause I am disabled, I have school, and well, I refuse to become some street preacher thing. All I can do is listen to those who need to talk. I know. I'm totally useless.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:01 pm
Ricette
All I can do is listen to those who need to talk. I know. I'm totally useless.

"Useless"? Just because you are unwilling doesn't make you useless.

Because, believe it or not..."listening" can save lives.  

William Che King

Ricette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:25 pm
William C. Wonka
Ricette
All I can do is listen to those who need to talk. I know. I'm totally useless.

"Useless"? Just because you are unwilling doesn't make you useless.

Because, believe it or not..."listening" can save lives.
I know it can save lives. I've saved 5 people from suicide. I just get that useless feeling when no one needs to be saved. Case no one comes ot me unless they are close to suicide. I'm probably being all selfish and I really shouldn't be, I am so sorry but thats how I feel.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:17 pm
That is very true. I always feeling like we are put here in order to help thoughs who don't know God. Like it says in a story I'm reading Life is just the begining. When you think about it our time here is short,but that doesn't stop us from being christ-like.We listen and recieve,but in order to live for god we must give our lives to him first. i really think you can't enjoy life until you actually live.Does that make any scence? I hope it does.  

aukima

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:36 pm
I agree. The "terriblely unfair" things in life are alot of times challenges that God gives us to overcome so that we can grow to be more like Christ and trust in Him more. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:54 am
Very true, many Christians do get wrapped up in themselves and in the world and begin to ignor God's plan for their lives because they don't find it convenient.  

Angel_Nyx

Pure.Marauder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:15 am
^^ I second that, although at that piont they aren't really true Christians.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:47 pm
I felt this post could be brought to the top and perhaps given another look. We may have a treasury of good threads that could use reviving if we but take a look.  

Reverend MacManus

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items