Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Journals ]... // Player Forum
[J] Tien :: Trickery Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:15 pm
User Image
A Nice Case of..."Where the Hell Am I?"
Morgan Meets Crispin & Shaiming
Joint Roleplay 01

Sosiqui
You have to get out sometime, and I have to vacuum, so shoo! Shoo! Enjoy the sun, Toki had said, cheerfully, before shoving Crispin out the door of his chambers. And when the Aoide had said it, it hadn't seemed like such a bad idea...

But as Crispin trudged along the streets, he couldn't help but think this was the sorriest excuse for sun he'd ever seen, even when he'd gone down to Los Angeles on a bad smog day. Shaiming had led him through the few still-functional portals that skipped away from the devastated area around the shop, and they'd come up in a town that still had enough people and commerce to still be counted AS a town.

Still, the sun was wan, moreso than could be accounted for by the season, and Crispin wasn't enjoying it much at all. He flopped down on a bench at last with a sigh, and watched paranoid people scurry past, going about their business. "This stinks."

At least there are still people here. But Shaiming's voice was full of concern, rich with worry. The dragon was fretting.

"Yeah, well..."

mistalina13
Morgan had been walking most of the day, so by now the edge had worn off the shock of being someplace else. Somewhere totally different from home. Somewhere like the places she wrote about in the games that she played and loved so much.

She paused for a moment to shift the gaming gear she was carrying around. Pack to the opposite shoulder, bags and tacklebox to the opposite hands before setting off again. This place was definately a bit strange, not so many people and none of them seemed to be from the same place she was. She had taken to listening to little tidbits of conversations of the people she passed, to get a sense of the place.

As she rounded a corner and headed up the street she spotted a bench, albeit someone was already sitting there, but perhaps they wouldn't mind some company for a bit while she rested and got her bearings.

Sosiqui
Crispin had been letting his mind wander - not much else to do - but Shaiming got his attention with one sharp mental poke. Someone comes.

"Huh?" He looked around quickly. "Oh... hi there," he said, scooting over a bit so the girl had room to sit down. "Sorry for taking up the whole bench... holy cow, how long have you been walking with all that?" He blinked at her, and all the stuff she was carrying.

mistalina13
"Most of today actually.." Morgan dropped the smaller bag and the tacklebox beside the bench, pulled off her backpack and set it down as well. She collapsed on the bench and pushed her glasses up on her nose. "...and on top of that I'm quite lost." She glanced over at the young man, he looked fairly normal, at least by her standards.

She managed an awkward smile, smoothed out her jeans and pulled her black t-shirt down before offering up her hand. "I'm Morgan."

He would probably notice a few small oddities about her, besides all the gear. There were a few small pouches on her belt, mostly soft leather and handsewn from the looks of them, not to mention 'How High Is Your Sneak Attack?' on the front of her t-shirt.

Morgan just hoped she didn't look like too much of a mess at this point.

Sosiqui
"I'm Crispin! Nice to meet you. Where are you trying to go? Maybe we can help you get there," Crispin said, taking her hand and shaking it - and only then noticing her shirt... and wait, were those dice bags?!

This realization made him blush suddenly, just a bit. Whoa. A girl! Not only that, but a girl who maybe... liked the same things he did?

You are a strange child, Shaiming observed, his voice tinted with amusement.

"Um... maybe I'm reaching here, but you haven't been gaming, by any chance?" Crispin said, then immediately scolded himself for sounding stupid.

She is no different than she was thirty seconds ago, but my! The difference in your thoughts...

"Stop rummaging around in there!" Crispin hissed, under his breath.

mistalina13
"Nice to meet you Crispin." Morgan laughed. "Yes, I have actually, s'where I was last night, and this is all my gear. I was on my way home, I took a shortcut and ended up here." She looked Crispin over again, nothing about him, at least at the moment screamed gaming nerd, but appearances were deceiving.

"It seems at the moment, I can't find a way to get home. So, you wouldn't know a place I could stay...would you?" She smiled a little, then rested her hands on the dice bag on hip, out of habit more than anything.

But, wait a second..did he just...blush?

Sosiqui
"Where are you from?" Crispin said, tilting his head in puzzlement. "If it's around here... maybe you just fell into a portal or something? Unless you're not from Gaia...?"

Oh, do be a gentleman and invite the lady home, Shaiming put in. She looks tired.

And a deeper blush suffused Crispin's face immediately. "I... I can't do that! It's not proper!" he spluttered. "Quiet down!"

Then, he realized he was in the presence of someone who was not used to people talking to themselves, and slumped. "Um. Sorry. I was talking to my Dragon K... wait, that sounds COMPLETELY STUPID! Argh! Okay. Start over. Are you from around here?" he finished, hopelessly. "I know this sounds insane, but I can explain..."

mistalina13
"Gaia..so..that's what this place is called..." Morgan whispered and scanned the area around them before look back at Crispin.

"Huh?" She turned on the bench to leaned closer to Crispin when his face suddenly reddened. "You okay?" She frowned slightly, but her eyes shown with concern and partly puzzlement, and laughed nervously when he started talking to himself.

"No, I'm not, I'm from Earth..." She layed an arm on the top of the bench and rested her head against it. "...please do explain, but only if your not going to like, die of embarresment or something..." She gave him a reassuring smile. "...and it's not like I think your a nutjob or anything, it takes a bit more than talking to yourself to convince me of that."

Sosiqui
"You're from Earth! Oh, thank god, that's where I'm from!" Crispin breathed a sigh of relief, doubly so at her not backing away from him and running. "Um. Okay. This isn't Earth... this is a different world. It's called Gaia... and it's usually a lot prettier than this, or so I'm told," he added, gesturing at the bruised sky. "And it's got magic... portals all over the place, and every kind of magical creature you'd hope to meet, and... basically everything you can imagine! It's amazing!"

And what about me? Shaiming said.

"And, er... this is going to sound weird, but the reason I was talking to myself - well, no, I wasn't talking to myself. There are gods here... but they lost their followers a long time ago, and now they're just living in jewels... but they need hosts. People to bring them back to being gods again. And, um, I have one... and he talks in my thoughts and... er." He ducked his head and looked embarassed. "Does that make any sense at all? If it helps, I can prove it to you. We live a short while from here, not too long if you portal-hop, where the gods meet and their leader lives."

mistalina13
Morgan quirked an eyebrow and considered what she'd heard for a moment. It sounded almost like a game she would've written, and that part amused her, she might...enjoy this place. "Sounds cool." She grinned.

"And given the way the rest of this place is...the part about the gods isn't so unbelievable...though I'd still like to see this place if I could?" She asked. It would be certainly interesting, an adventure of sorts.

"Though, I do have to ask...what's it like, having a god shacked up in your head?" The idea intrigued her, as strange as it sounded. How did it work out, sharing such a private part of yourself as your mind with someone else?

Sosiqui
Crispin stared at her - then started laughing, helplessly. "I don't believe it... the one person I meet today is not only from my world... but takes all this completely in stride..."

It may well be that she was called, as you are, Shaiming said. Crispin felt the dragon peering at Morgan through his own eyes. But I cannot tell.

"Maybe... sorry, Morgan. But it is cool! It really is! It's just kind of... messed up at the moment." Crispin straightened up, then sighed. "The main god is like... Creation and Destruction both... and right now the Destruction part is in charge. And everything's crumbling. Apparently there's something my god - he's a Dragon King, his name's Shaiming-"

Pleased to meet you.

"- oh, he says he's pleased to meet you," Crispin relayed. "But there's something he can do about that, when he gets more powerful. I don't know what it is, though. But it's not bad... having him with me." He smiled, fondly. "He showed me magic. He brought me here... I always wanted something like this world, real magic, to be true. And now it's real."

mistalina13
"When I first wound up in this town, I thought I was like...hallucinating or something." Morgan smiled. "...because it was so different. So much like a fantasy novel...but now that I know it's real, it's even better."

She listened quietly as Crispin explained about Destruction and her expression saddened. "Every world has to balance, it seems...but it seems like the scales tipped too far one way." She sighed softly, having mostly mumbled that to herself.

"Well, I'm pleased to meet him as well, both of you actually. Before now, I had no idea what I was going to do. I was mostly just hoping to find a place to sleep, but now it seems I have friends..." She hesitated for a moment, and flushed slightly from embarressment "...if I may call you that...things seem a bit better."

Sosiqui
"Friends..." Crispin grinned. "Yeah, sure. Um. Shaiming says you can come back with us, if you want to. The shop's pretty big... there's couches and stuff, and food... maybe there's a room you could use, somewhere. But you'd have to stay out of the way of the other gods that live there," he added, with a worried expression. "I don't think any of them are bad, but they're all gods... and some of them aren't that friendly."

I am sure she could stay with Toki and Nebula, Shaiming added.

"Um. Yeah. But... we can go whenever you want. Can I carry some of that?" Crispin offered, gallantly.

mistalina13
"If you want. I suppose I can trust a fellow gaming nerd with my gear." Morgan got up from the bench and picked up her bagpack. "...just take the bag and the tacklebox, I've got the rest." She couldn't help but giggle at his attitude.

"Trying to be a knight in shining armor are we?" She teased and smiled playfully. "..it's adorable. I'm sure girls just..looove it." She laughed now, it really was cute, making jokes was just a way to keep her from making a fool of herself, in front of him and the Dragon King.

Sosiqui
"Hey!" Crispin protested, blushing again. "Um. I dunno. I haven't seen... there aren't a lot of girls around here... except for some of the hosts, but the only girl host I've met is actually a giant cat... er..." Open mouth, insert foot! Repeat!

Calm yourself, child, Shaiming said, amused. Honestly, you set yourself forth better before gods than before women!

Crispin shook his head. "Anyway... um... I guess I've kind of been learning how to be a knight though. In a way," he added, offering the information a bit shyly. "Shaiming is sort of like a knight, and he's been teaching me all kinds of things. History, the stars, even how to swordfight. So I guess I'm like his squire, in a way." He shouldered the bag and hefted the tacklebox, pleased at how easily they moved now - the sparring practice and swordwork really had made him more physically fit!

mistalina13
Crispin's initial reaction to her comment only caused her to laugh more, and nearly double over. It might be amusing one day to see just how red he could get from blushing.

"I still say it's cute, and noble." She said after she managed to stop her own laughing fit. "...at least I know Chivalry still exists, in some form or another." She smiled and pulled the second strap of her backpack onto her other shoulder. "Sword fighting sounds rather neat...if you two have the time, think you could teach me?"

She grinned sheepishly, sword fighting was just one of those things she had always wanted to learn, especially since she got into roleplaying. She was suprised at herself though, being this outgoing, usually she wasn't. Under normal circumstances she wouldn't have said more than a few words to him, or even simply passed him by.

Sosiqui
"Um, I guess I could try and teach you...? I mean, I'm not that good myself, but you could at least swing the sword around a bit if you want to," Crispin said. "It's heavy, though. You ready to go? We have to take two portals to get there, and the first one's just this way." He pointed down the street.

mistalina13
Morgan nodded. "And I'm ready as I can be to get going." She rocked back and forth, from the heels to the balls of her feet. It was the same rush as a good roleplaying game, she laughed a little at herself, then looked to Crispin again. "Lead the way, your the one with the directions."

Sosiqui
"Alright... follow me, then!" Crispin grinned, and led the way. The first portal was down an alleyway, sitting in a special doorway that had once been more elaborate, but was now worn and run-down. It was obvious that the people of this town no longer wanted to go to where the portal led. The portal itself was a shimmer in the air between the doorposts, shifting and bright.

"That's it. We just step through. Are you ready?" Crispin looked back at Morgan.

mistalina13
Morgan followed just after him, humming as they made there way along the street to the alley. Though she tried to keep her eyes other places, they kept wandering back to Crispin. Part of her mind it seemed, was interested in checking him out, the other part was busy trying to deny the fact and figure out what that odd tattoo was on his neck, that she could only see a part of.

She barely noticed that he suddenly stopped, and snapped back to reality when he spoke. "Yes?" She said questioningly, in her mind, at this point what was the worst thing that could happen to her?

Sosiqui
"Okay, just making sure. It's a little weird, if it's your first time, but just keep moving forward and you'll be fine. Follow me..."

Crispin stepped through the portal and strode onward, ignoring the odd feeling of being stretched, and the buzzing in his head, and within a few steps his foot landed again on gravel as the portal spit him out the other end. He stumbled a bit, then turned and waited for Morgan.

Sosiqui
"You good to keep going? We can rest if you want," Crispin said, concerned.

There's my gallant squire. Got ahold of yourself now? Shaiming asked.

"Hush... er, sorry, that was for Shaiming, not you. I can never remember to think back my answers to him when he talks," Crispin explained, grimacing. "The next portal is a few blocks away..."

The place they were in now had been a town once, but it was now completely abandoned, and the houses were giving in to the elements and the increased rate of entropy from Destruction's power. The town looked abandoned for years, not months.

mistalina13
Morgan simply nodded. She looked around after and her eyes widened, everything was gone, a breath caught in her throat as she stared.

This was, almost crazy. What Crispin had mentioned about a power shift, seemed almost understated. She closed her eyes and forced the breath out. It was amazing how powerful Destruction truelly was, she didn't have a sense of it, until she saw it with her own eyes. Totally different than seeing something on television.

After a moment she opened her eyes again, and focused on Crispin, hoping he was ready to go again.

Sosiqui
"Sorry," Crispin said, seeing the look on her face. "Unfortunately, where I live is right in the epicenter of all this... but the building itself is protected, mostly. It's just the outer world that gets the spillover, in spades... this way." He beckoned for her to follow him down the street, where another portal waited. Half the doorframe had rotted away, but the shining color of the portal itself still remained. "Second verse, same as the first. Don't be scared when you come through the other side," he added. "I'll be waiting..."

With that, he took the long steps through, and ended up underneath a dark and empty sky - but not dark from night, or from clouds. It was simply dark, parched and stained by Destruction's power. Around him was desolation, cracked and crumbled. But a block away stood the Edelsteine shop, and a few other buildings that had survived. The main building itself was oddly lit from the glow of the lava below.

mistalina13
Morgan followed him quickly to the second portal an tried her best to keep her gaze from drifting back to the desolation around them. It got worse than this? She shivered and was grateful when they got to the portal, at least that meant they were one step closer to their final destination.

"Second verse, same as the first. Don't be afraid."

She bolted through the portal after he disapeared through it, Morgan didn't like the idea of staying alone anywhere near here any longer than she had to. When she emerged on the other side, she very nearly barreled into Crispin, and was slightly unsteadier on her feet.

Sosiqui
"Whoa!" Crispin leaned forward and steadied Morgan as best he could without dropping the tacklebox. "Are you okay? We're almost there... I know it doesn't look good, but I promise you it's a safe place..."

For certain definitions of 'safe'.

mistalina13
Morgan opened her eyes and looked around, Crispin hadn't lied, this was worse, and quite a bit darker. She held onto him for a moment, until she felt like she could stand on her own.

"I'm...okay." She took a few deep breaths and swallowed hard. "...I think.." The last part was said considerably quieter, and she hoped Crispin didn't hear it. "I trust you...the sooner we get where were going...the better."

Sosiqui
"Just a bit further," Crispin said, and forged on. He was shaken by her reaction, though - he'd become so accustomed to the landscape around the shop that the true extent of it had been dulled.

He guided Morgan down and up to the shop's door, past the lava, and into the sepulcheral front hall. "And... here we are. This is the central area." A quick glance confirmed that nobody was on the Throne, which brought another flood of relief. While he knew he would have to meet Destruction someday, right now, with Morgan here, would not be the time. "Are you hungry? You can put your things down by the stairs," he added, putting the tackle box and backpack nearby.

mistalina13
Morgan let out a sigh of relief when they actualy got to the shop, she was still shaking a little. She looked around, making sure to stay close to Crispin, she smiled weakly and set the rest of her things down. "I don't think I could eat just now, it'd probably come back up."

Now they were indoors, it made things a little more bearable for her. After a few moments her shaking subsided and she seemed a little more like herself, though still uneasy.

Sosiqui
"Okay. Um... well, that there is the Throne of Destruction. Don't go near it, though," Crispin warned, indicating the throne with its backdrop of flames at the farthest end of the shop. "He's not there right now, though... fortunately for us. Not that he's mean, but he is... imposing... but he's not evil. I really don't think he means to destroy things, it's just his essence, his nature... he can't help it."

He is Who He Is.

"Er..." Crispin cast about for something more interesting, and alighted upon the jewel cases. "Do you want to see the gems? Where the gods sleep?"

mistalina13
Morgan nodded. "No one can help who they are...or in some cases even what they become." She murmured, having been gazing at Destruction's throne. It was certainly imposing, as are all those sort of things, but it was still darkly beautiful, in it's own right.

Her gaze snapped back to Crispin when he spoke again. "Oh...sure..." She smiled a little and rocked back onto her heels.

Sosiqui
Crispin crept over to the 'display case', with no small amount of reverence. "The sleeping gods," he proclaimed, indicating the jewels with one sweeping gesture. "I'm not really sure how it works, but when they find their hosts, they join with them." He fiddled with his scarf, then took it off and tugged down the back of his sweater a bit, at the neck. "Shaiming's jewel is here."

The dragon's gem glinted in the light, set into the skin at the base of Crispin's neck. What looked like an intricate tattoo of a purple dragon encircled it.

mistalina13
Morgan glanced at the gems in the case for a moment, then looked to Crispin. So thats what that was on his neck that she noticed before. "Wow..." She stepped closer to get a better look, "...it's beautiful, and the dragon seems so detailed, it looks like it could be alive." She let her eyes follow the pattern of the scales, "...you're very brave Crispin, to do something like that."

She blushed a little and looked away from him quickly and back to the gems in the case, so many different colors and shapes, some rough the others smooth and polished. She clicked her tongue against her teeth absently, what would she do, if she was asked to become a host for a god?

Sosiqui
"I don't know about brave..." Crispin blushed, and shrugged his sweater back into place before putting the scarf around his neck again. "Shaiming asked... and, I mean, I've been fascinated with fantasy and stuff all my life... and this is my chance to actually make it real. To be a sort of hero, I guess, for a little while."

His voice trailed off, and then he cleared his throat, to change the subject. "I wonder what kinds of gods are in there, sometimes. There's so many of them."

mistalina13
Morgan nodded and forced the blush to disapear from her cheeks. "There are a lot..." She put her hands behind her back to prevent the temptation of wanting to touch the case getting the better of her. "It's so amazing though, and I could see how you would wonder...about the gods..."

She bent slightly over the case to get a better look at some of them. "Such lovely stones..." She murmured to herself, before glancing over at Crispin again. "Do you, think I'll ever get home?"

Sosiqui
"Um... I don't know," Crispin admitted, looking away. "I haven't gone home, and Shaiming doesn't know if there's a way. I got here because of Toki... he's one of Shaiming's servants... but he told me it wasn't his magic that brought me. But maybe it's different for you. There might be a portal somewhere. I've just kind of given up on going back myself, for now."

He hesitated. "Um. How are things on Earth? Shaiming said that Destruction's influence spread over all worlds, not just this one..."

mistalina13
"There's been a few more natural disasters than there usually is...hurricanes and whatnot, but I'm not sure what that could mean. People on the news just keep blaming it on climate change." Morgan shook her head.

'Though, even if I can't go home, this place isn't so bad.' She thought to herself and let her gaze drop to the floor afterward and she chewed her lower lip for a moment before speaking again. "So, is there anything I can do in return, for you or Shaiming, since your letting me stay with you?"

Sosiqui
"Hm. Well, that's not... too bad. Yet," Crispin said, with a sigh. Hopefully his family and friends were fine, but if things went on like this...

"Anything you can do? Er... I don't know? I don't think so. We have most things that we need, really. The Aoidei - those're the servants - take care of it. Although..." Crispin looked thoughtful, then grinned. "I haven't had a good gaming run for a while. Not now, but maybe sometime? If you want."

mistalina13
"Easily done. I've got at least three other campaigns ready to go, more fun with just two though, perhaps Shaiming might be interested in learning to play, since it is about strategy?" Morgan giggled, then grinned widely. "Though, you'd have to forgive my lack of actual DM'ing skills, I usually just write."

Sosiqui
"Awesome!" Crispin beamed. "That'll be great. For now, though... I'll show you where you can sleep. I don't have an extra bed in my actual room, er... but the Aoidei quarters have I think three little rooms with beds in them, and only two are taken. It's upstairs." Crispin moved to pick up the backpack and tackle box again, and pointed up the spiraling stairs.

mistalina13
Morgan nodded and picked up the rest of her gear again. "Thanks again, to both of you, for letting me stay." She held the other smaller bag over her shoulder and waited for Crispin to lead the way.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:17 pm
User Image
The Games We Play, The Treasures We Find...
Morgan plays D&D with Crispin & Shaiming...yes, seriously, Shaiming too.
Joint Roleplay 02

Completed Roleplay

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:18 pm
User Image

...And Finding What They're Worth
Solo Roleplay 01

‘Just being in his arms like that felt so wonderful, so warm and so safe. I wish we hadn’t had to part for the night. It was quite nice; I could’ve easily slept in his arms. That expression on his face, after I kissed him, so adorable, yet so shocked…is such a thing so unbelievable, dear Crispin, that I could care for you like that?’

She giggled.

She was somewhere near delirium when she got back to her room, giddy as could be.

‘You are definitely noble, trying to protect me like that. But I had to tell you, or it would’ve driven me mad. Kissing you was the only way I knew how…’

As she fell back against the closed door she sighed contentedly. This place wasn’t so terrible after all even though it carried the feeling of a dangerous fantasy game. She had met him here, her hero and her knight. She had found him sitting on a street side bench no less. He offered to take her someplace safe…

Now she cared so deeply for him, it was nearly unbelievable. It wasn’t love yet, she still didn’t know what it was, no matter the case, she was sure it would last, even if he did disappear. Though, she hoped he wouldn’t, at least not entirely.

Her last thoughts of the night were of him and that short time she spent in his arms.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:21 pm
User Image
Running Into Love (Almost Literally)
Morgan Meets Rio, the Love God...
Joint Roleplay 03

Meepfur
Rio sat perched on a stool at the kitchen island, legs swinging freely as he sipped at his water. His elbows were propped on the counter, and his chin rested comfortably in his hand. The candy-winged god looked somewhat out of place in his dark surroundings, at ease and intermittently humming a jaunty tune to himself.

If you didn't dwell on it, it wasn't really so bad down here. Except he kept getting ash in his water....that wasn't so nice.

mistalina13
Morgan had decided to go exploring today, to give Crispin and Shaiming some time to themselves. She wandered into the kitchen, mp3 player headphones in her ears and dancing as she went along, quite oblivious to what was around her, so she obviously hadn't noticed Rio sitting there, until she nearly bumped into him and her eyes opened.

"Oh...I'm sorry..." She smiled sheepishly and removed the mp3 player earpieces from her ear, the song 'Live Your Dreams' blared at a decent volume from the earpieces, until she turned it off a moment later.

Meepfur
Rio drew his wings in abruptly, as much for their own sake as the girl's; they could be sharp, and he'd be absolutely mortified if they scratched or pricked her. But in contrast to that single defensive gesture, he smiled brightly and sincerely at the stranger. "Oh! Hello there!"

The song his long ears caught a brief moment of was unfamiliar to him, and to Alex as well, so he asked, curious. "What are you listening to?"

mistalina13
"Oh! I've got lots of different music on here." She took a half step back to avoid his wings, then pointed to her MP3 player. "That song is called 'Live Your Dreams'." Once his wings were out of the way, she walked over and leaned with her back against the kitchen island.

"I'm Morgan, what's your name?" She asked politely and offered her hand.

Meepfur
"It sounds like a good song." He beamed. Thankfully, he understood from Alex that sort of technology, even if she hadn't had one herself.

"I'm Rio," the god answered, sliding off his stool to take her hand; he didn't shake iher hand, however, but instead raised it to his lips to brush a kiss against the back. "God of Love."

mistalina13
"Oh, it's...nice to meet you Rio." The kiss on the hand had clearly caught her off guard. "The God of Love, huh?"

Something in the back of her mind resonated irony, seeing as she kissed Crispin, and admittered her feelings not long ago, and now she's meeting the God of Love. She blushed faintly, and drew her hand back slowly after he kissed it.

Meepfur
"Mm-hm, that's me!" he confirmed, still smiling. Now that he was no longer worried about being run into, his wings spread out, perked up just as he was. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Miss Morgan. Is there anything I can do for you? Coffee, tea, water? Anything? Well, provided it's around here somewhere."

Women were always so pretty when they blushed like that, and Rio loved it.

mistalina13
"No, thank you though." Morgan chewed on her lower lip and worked hard to keep herself in some sort of composure, she needed something to talk about it, to keep her mind away from Crispin.

"Uhm..." She mumbled and stuffed her hands in her jeans pockets as she thought. "Except...maybe some advice?" Inwardly she frowned, embarressed by her lack of ideas for small talk.

Meepfur
"Advice? Really?" Rio smiled sunnily, positively tickled that someone wanted his advice on something. It always made him feel so important and useful. "I'd love to, anything I can do to help!"

"Here," he said, hopping back onto his stool and patting the one beside him. "Have a seat, dear, and tell me what you need."

mistalina13
Morgan sat down on the stool and rested her arms on the island counter again, and then her head on her arms and looked over at Rio. "How, do you...." She paused, trying to decide the best way to word this. "....know when your, in love with someone?"

She blushed faintly again and her gaze dropped to the counter, just past her arm. "I mean, if it's someone you really like...but your not...sure..." She sighed. "...if you...oh...I'm not making any sense." She turned her head to hide her face against the counter.

Meepfur
"That's a very hard question," he chuckled. "And it doesn't really have just one simple answer the way everyone would like it to."

"But don't worry, you make perfect sense. It's nothing to be ashamed of, thinking you are or wanting to know." Propping his elbow on the counter again, he rested his cheek against his palm, considering the young woman next to him. "Really though? You're probably better off not thinking about it so much, getting preoccuppied with wondering and questioning."

"Love isn't something you think," he said, tapping the side of his head. "You feel it." He touched his hand to his chest, over his heart. "So just let it happen, or not happen, as it comes. It's early yet, isn't it? You just met someone."

So he gathered from the way she'd asked what she had, anyway.

mistalina13
Morgan sat up after a moment. "Nothing in life has an easy answer, and sometimes it's such a pain in the a**.." She sighed softly, considering his words, he was right. She'd given the same advice to several of her friends, still it seemed she needed to hear it from someone else to believe it, and this was, for all intense and purposes, straight from the horses mouth.

"And...yes I have." She smiled softly, though still looking down at the counter.

Meepfur
Damn straight, Alex chimed in. Definitely a pain in the a**.

Rio couldn't help but laugh. "My host shares that sentiment."

He noticed that soft smile, and smiled a little in turn. It was a promising sort of sign, looking that way about someone. "So," he prompted, "Tell me about him? What's he like? How did you meet?"

"Or she, as the case may be," he amended after a moment.

mistalina13
"He found me, when I wound up in this world...and brought me here to stay. He said it was safe." Morgan seemed a little distant the whole time she spoke and idly began tracing the pattern on the counter. "He's very sweet and kind...noble almost...too." She glanced over at Rio after a moment, and the hand tracing the counters pattern stopped.

Meepfur
Aha! Inwardly, Rio beamed with a sort of triumph. So this man was a sort of hero to Morgan, then. In that case, it was no small wonder she had feelings for him, whether they were attraction, infatuation, or love. It was absolutely classic, and made perfect sense.

"How wonderful!" Love smiled, clearly quite delighted by all this. "Is he host, servant, or god?"

He had to be one of the three, if he was living here.

mistalina13
"Host..." Morgan smiled, a little sadly this time. "...and apparently there isn't a whole lot of time left for him..." She glanced away quickly. "...as for the god...he seems very nice, at least, and quite gentleman. He's one of the Dragon Kings..." She tapped her fingers on the counter lightly, and tried to banish her sad thoughts.

Meepfur
Now that was a sad thing, and for a moment his wings sagged before he brought them up again. But even with sadness, love was still beautiful to Desiderio, even cut short.

Gently, he took her hand in his, giving it a light squeeze. "Whatever happens, it will be alright."

"May I ask his name?" Rio inquired after a moment. "I'm sure I haven't met him, but Alex may have. She came around for awhile before she became my host."

mistalina13
"The host...is Crispin....." Morgan looked down at Rio's hand, holding hers, then back to the Love God's face. "...and the Dragon King, is Shaiming." She took a deep breath, after all Shaiming said it would be alright too. She felt she could trust the Dragon King, and this God as well.

Meepfur
He could feel his host thinking, and then suddenly an image of a young man in a bathrobe and fuzzy slippers was thrust in front of his mind's eye, handsome in a bookish sort of way. But the slippers!

Rio couldn't help it, and broke into a smile. "Ah yes, Alex did meet him once. He was in his pajamas."

And he fainted, she added, giggling almost naughtily.

"It seems he fainted, as well. I think Alex was afraid she'd done it, but it was probably more shock at arriving here than meeting a vampire." Perhaps something amusing would raise Morgan's spirits a little.

mistalina13
Morgan couldn't help but giggle. "He came here in his pajamas..." She smiled a little and nodded. "I would think so." She shifted on the stool, "...but, the other is obviously a possibility."

Meepfur
"Alex can come on pretty strong when she wants to," he admitted, chuckling. "It could have been a little bit of both, I suppose. Either way, I think they were both rather surprised by the other."

mistalina13
"Mhm.." Morgan nodded again. "I was suprised by nearly everything here. I mean, I was in my home one minute and in this world the next, it was kind of creepy actually. But, this place is actually quite fascinating." She brightened a bit now.

Meepfur
Rio nodded understandingly, having found a few memories of Alex's transition to a new world; although hopefully, Morgan's had been less traumatic. "Fascinating, certainly...there's so very much here, although I gather it was better still before it grew dark, when there were more people and less desperation. It thrived, even at night."

mistalina13
Morgan smiled, "Sounds like it would've been really nice then. I wish I could've seen it before." She brushed a bit of hair out of her eyes and seemed distant again for a moment, when she remembered everything she saw when she first came to this world and shivered slightly.

Meepfur
"So, where are you from then? What was it like?" Rio asked curiously, turning on his stool to face her more squarely, hand spalyed on the seat between his knees. Like Alex before him, he had a little bit of a problem with sitting still for very long.

mistalina13
"The same place Crispin is from actually, it's called Earth. It is pretty nice actually, most parts of it anyway." Morgan looked over at Rio, "If only the people there would stop trying to destroy each other, it would probably be a lot better."

Meepfur
"That's where Alex came from!" Rio exclaimed, tickled by the connection. "Not recently, though. Six years ago, I think."

"It's sad," he sighed, wings drooping again. "I hope Destruction balances out soon, I really do."

mistalina13
"I hope so too." Morgan managed a little smile, in the hopes of cheering Rio up. "It's suprising to know so many people here came from Earth too."

Meepfur
Rio mirrored the smile, perking up nicely - he was both easily distracted and overly optimistic. It took a lot to really depress him. "Some kinda world, isn't it? People from all over the place...it's great! So much variety, you know?"

mistalina13
"Yeah, parts of it are like something out of a fantasy novel." Morgan laughed, though not sure if he would know what she was talking about.

Meepfur
What popped into Rio's head then was courtesy of Alex - a rugged, dark-haired man with a sword, and a much trimmer, almost pretty man in green, who carried a bow. The latter had very lovely hair, actually. "Hmm," he mused, "A kind of romance?"

Seeing as his female host was giving him images of attractive men, it seemed a good guess.

mistalina13
"Stories about adventure and magic...good versus evil, all that sort of thing." Morgan shifted on the stool and giggled. Rio made good company, and for that she was grateful. She didn't have many she could talk to around this place.

Meepfur
"Oooh, I see." Alex must have been thinking about the adventurers, then! He shouldn't have been at all surprised. "But a perfect sort of situation for romance nonetheless, don't you think?"

mistalina13
"Depends on the story...some make do make for good romance situations though." She grinned and brushed a bit of hair behind her ear.

Meepfur
"There always room for a little of that," he asserted, winking playfully. "Although this particular bit had probebly better go take care of his cat." Rio sighed, genuinely disappointed...but he'd been off all day, and Dinah was probably hungry by now. "It's been absolutely lovely to meet you though, Miss Morgan!"

mistalina13
"It's been nice to meet you too, Rio. Perhaps we'll talk again sometime soon." Morgan, still grinning, nodded.

Meepfur
"I'm sure we will," he said, sliding off his stool. The god bent at the waist in a little bow, and when he straightened held out his hand, in which he held a dark red rose for her.

mistalina13
Morgan looked at the flower for a moment. "That's beautiful. For me?" She tilted her head and blushed faintly.

Meepfur
"Of course," Rio answered with a smile, moving his hand a little closer in a gesture that indicated she should take it.

mistalina13
Morgan's blush deepened slightly as she carefully plucked the rose from his hand. "Thank you..." She sniffed the rose and smiled. "..very much, Rio."

Meepfur
With a bright smile and another sketch of a bow, Rio was off up the stairs. "Be seeing you~!"

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:24 pm
User Image
To Befriend A Rabbit; To Love A Squire
A Gift, a Friend & a Lover...
Joint Roleplay 04

Sosiqui
Toki scurried up the stairs, delighted at his find. It had been hard, and he had gone far, but oh! Such joy! The Aoide bounced happily into his master's room with his burden. "Master Crispin? Master Crispin...?"

But the young man was nowhere to be found. Instead, there was a note on the table.

Toki -

Master and I are out. Will return late; Lord Shaiming wishes him to observe the stars as he speaks of them. More lessons. I am with them for protection.

Yours,

Nebula

Toki sighed. He did so want to make sure what he had brought would be suitable, but he'd gone so far for them and already Destruction's influence was nibbling at the edges. If he waited too long, they might wither altogether and be useless.

So, the Aoide left the main rooms and slipped into the servants' quarters, then knocked on Morgan's door after a moment of hesitation. "Lady Morgan?"

mistalina13
Morgan looked up from the origami shurinkin she had been working on, having heard the knock on the door and the voice afteward. "Come in Toki, it's open." She spoke loud enough so he could hear through the door, then she set down the piece for a moment.

Just the Aoide she wanted to see.

Sosiqui
Toki pushed the door open with one foot, as he had both hands behind his back. "Are you at home to visitors, Lady Morgan? I come bearing a gift from Master Crispin."

mistalina13
"Sure, I could use the company. I needed to ask you a favor anyway." Morgan looked back over her shoulder at him and quirked an eyebrow. "A gift, from Crispin?"

Sosiqui
"Indeed. Master Crispin is not present at the moment - Lord Shaiming has him off studying the heavens, I believe - but he instructed me to fetch these for you." Toki smiled, and shifted the gift from behind his back.

User Image

"I had to go far afield to find these precious treasures; but I fear by the time Master Crispin returns the touch of Destruction will have done its work on the fragile blossoms." Indeed, the petals were already crisping faintly on the edges. "So, I bring them here to you so that you may enjoy them before they fade. The vase at least will last - it is not so sensitive as the flowers. Are they to your liking?"

mistalina13
Morgan turned in the chair as he spoke. "Oh, Toki, they're beautiful." She said, smiling. "It's too bad they won't last long." She got up from the chair and gave him a hug.

"I'll tell Crispin thank you when I see him next, but thank you for finding them." She let him go after a moment.

"About that favor I mentioned..." She smiled awkwardly and looked embaressed. "...could you teach me, how to be a lady?"

Sosiqui
Toki looked shocked at the hug. "My lady, your adulation belongs to Master Crispin, not to me - I am merely a humble tool for his will! But thank you for your kindness," he added.

The Aoide looked perplexed at the next question, though. "A lady? But, Lady Morgan, are you not already so?"

mistalina13
"I consider you a friend Toki." Morgan smiled a little.

"Well, I am a girl Toki...but Lady..." She sighed softly. "...at least to me, means...polite, graceful." She rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "I'm not the best at explaining things."

Sosiqui
"Polite you already are... but perhaps you mean the behavior of court ladies of old?" Toki tilted his head to one side. "Graceful, yes, but also bound by rules that hardly make sense... yet they were lovely, a crowd and cluster of silk-dressed flowers, bobbing here and there. Old memories."

mistalina13
"Yes, that's sort of what I meant..." Morgan smiled sheepishly. "I know it seems silly of me, but I don't want to end up an embarressment." She had grabbed the origami she had been working on off the desk and sat down on the edge of her bed, and began fiddling with it.

"Why, don't you at least sit down Toki?" She motioned to the chair at the desk.

Sosiqui
"An embarassment to who?" Toki looked confused, but sat down. "There are other gods here and there, but they keep to themselves mostly. There is no high court here. Destruction's aspect is not... conducive to such things..."

mistalina13
"I don't want to embaress myself in front of Shaiming and Crispin..." Morgan looked up from folding the last of the part of the shuriken she had been working on and tossed it lightly onto the desk, and it landed alongside a few other small origami pieces.

Sosiqui
Toki chuckled. "My Lord may be a Dragon King, but he has never required ceremony from those he holds close. Were you a stranger, yes, but you aren't. As for Master Crispin..." Toki raised one eyebrow, knowingly. "I doubt you would be where you are now if you were an embarassment to him."

mistalina13
Morgan's thoughts seemed to drift elsewhere for a moment, before she answered. "No, I suppose not." She smiled sheepishly. "I suppose it was a silly idea in the first place." She chewed on her lower lip for a moment afterward.

Sosiqui
"Not silly - it was a good thought, though perhaps not practical. As for the other gods... I have never seen any deity who did not respond with at least base courtesy to a polite bearing and good manners." The Aoide reached up and absently fiddled with one of his cloth bunny ears. "Even D-destruction, terrifying though h-he is..." He looked nervous, then swallowed. "Is not cruel for no reason."

mistalina13
She pulled her feet up onto the bed and crossed her legs. "Thanks Toki, for being helpful. I'd appreciate your opinion on something though..." She seemed almost shy about asking, since it was about her appearance. "...do you think I should keep my hair long?"

It was an idea she had toyed with every once and a while for a time now, and she wouldn't mind a guy's opinion on it. She decided to ask Toki, partly because it would keep him here longer, talking, so she'd have company and wouldn't have to spend the time until Crispin and Shaiming came back entirely by herself.

Sosiqui
Toki looked confused at that question. "Cut your hair? I'm sure that's up to you, Lady Morgan." He tilted his head to one side, and one bunny ear flopped down onto his forehead; he brushed it back with a quick movement. "When Lord Shaiming was previously ascendant, I helped advise him on a great many things... but never hair."

mistalina13
Morgan giggled. "I'm just asking for an opinion, friend to friend, Toki. Do you think I would look nicer if I had shorter hair?" She shook her head and brushed a bit of her long hair behind her ear. It had been many years since it had been any sort of short.

"It isn't something I would be doing right away obviously." She rested her hands on her knees, and hoped she hadn't been wrong in asking for his advice, even if it was on something...rather trivial.

Sosiqui
"Friend?" Toki looked absolutely shocked. "Oh, no, Lady Morgan, I would not presume such familiarity..."

mistalina13
"Toki, it's alright, calm down." Morgan mentally facepalmed, she had apparently forgotten to be careful how she worded things to the Aoide. She got up from the bed and walked over to him.

"I'm sorry, just still not entirely used to how things work here. I see you as a friend. Your very kind, and you've helped me a lot." She smiled softly. "I would see no harm in you calling me a friend, but if you prefer not too, I understand."

Sosiqui
"Y-you are too gracious, Lady Morgan," Toki said, bowing to her. "I would be honored to bear such a title, if you would give it..." He smiled, tentatively.

mistalina13
Morgan nodded. "I would glady, Toki." She leaned against the desk, still smiling softly at the White Rabbit. "Would you be adverse to giving an opinion now though; because I would really appreciate it." He didn't have to answer of course, it wouldn't offend her.

Sosiqui
"Um..." Toki thought, squirming awkwardly in his chair as he did so. "I prefer long hair," he said, finally, and reached up to fiddle with his own hair; a quick tug and the purple updo unraveled and tumbled down, reaching to the middle of the Aoide's back. "Though I keep mine up, so it won't flop in Crispin's tea or tangle in my wings."

mistalina13
"Wow..." Morgan, looking a little suprised, had never actually noticed how Toki's hair had been done up. She stood and walked behind him, to get a better look at the Aoide's hair. "...very nice Toki."

She started to reach out to touch it, then stopped. "Never seen a guy which such nicely kept long hair." She leaned to the side slightly and looked over his shoulder. "Best I can ever seem manage with my hair is a pony tail." She laughed a little.

Sosiqui
Toki blushed; the color compared to his ivory-white skin was startling, nearly blood-red. "My gender has nothing to do with it," he protested. "A servant of the gods appearing unkempt - well, unless the god one served was a god of mess or sloven, it would be unheard of. A disgrace!"

The cloth bunny ears, no longer held up as firmly now that Toki's hair was down, tried to slide down the back of his head. Instantly Toki grabbed for them with both hands, shoving the headband back into place and holding onto it for a moment, so tight that his knuckles would have turned white, had they not already been so.

mistalina13
Morgan giggled, seeing him blush. "I can understand that much Toki. I take it you don't get compliments often?" She put a hand on his shoulder lightly, hoping the gesture wouldn't cause him to turn any redder. To her eyes, it already seemed like the Aoide might faint and that would be the last thing she wanted to happen or to have to explain if Crispin, Shaiming and Nebula returned any time soon.

Sosiqui
"Compliments..." Toki tilted his head to one side, as he finally released the bunny ears and went to gather up his hair again, nimble fingers twisting it back into place. "Praise, yes, for jobs well done..."

mistalina13
Morgan watched him work his hair back into place, quite amazed how easily he managed such a thing.

"How long did that take you to learn to do that?" she asked curiously.

Sosiqui
"The hair? It is instinct now... I have been doing it for a very, very long time..." Toki looked up, his eyes a bit unfocused. "The Fading was long ago. Nebula may be new-born and the gods hold refuge in their jewels, but I have had none of these things..."

mistalina13
Morgan had picked up bits and pieces of conversation here and there, so she understood a little better an Aoide's position in things. "You were alone for all that time Toki?" Her expression saddened.

Sosiqui
"Alone..." Toki shuddered suddenly, intense enough to make the chair rattle against the floor, from his toes all the way up to the suddenly wagging tips of the bunny ears. "All alone," he mumbled. "Everything glass, everything ash, they didn't know me, I hid, for such a long time, such a very very long time, waiting, nothing, nothing, nothing..." His tone got more and more frantic.

mistalina13
"TOKI!" Morgan hadn't meant to upset the White Rabbit so much, and she regreted her words. "Toki...." She put her hands just on his shoulders at first and spoke softly, calmly.

"It seems like it must have been awful for you, and I appologize for bringing it up. But, always remember, you aren't alone now. You have Shaiming, Crispin, Nebula...and me." She leaned close to him and pulled him into a gentle hug.

"Your not alone, Toki. Remember that." She said to reaffirm it, in hopes of reassuring him and that it would help calm him.

She drew back slightly, so she could look him in the eyes.

Sosiqui
Toki pulled away from Morgan hard, stumbling out of the chair and nearly crashing into the wall, before leaning against it and closing his eyes, taking a few deep breaths.

"I am sorry... see, now I am the one who has become an embarassment," he said, finally, his eyes still closed as he stayed by the wall, clinging to it like a drowning man. "It is as you say, I am not alone anymore, but the memories are not... pleasant. It is not your fault, Lady Morgan, it simply is."

Then he straightened, opened his eyes, and visibly steeled himself once more. "I am sorry. I should go, I have caused you trouble."

mistalina13
"You aren't an embaressment, everyone has there...ghosts..." Morgan said simply, after she righted herself from nearly hitting the ground when Toki pulled away from her. She smoothed her shirt, "...and we all have our own ways of dealing with them."

She took a few steps toward her desk and rested a hand on the edge, before she looked toward the Aoide again. "There is no need to appologize. I appreciated the company Toki, your welcome to visit with me." She managed a small smile.

Then she plucked one of her little origami works from her desk, a small white rabbit, and offered it to him. "A white rabbit for a white rabbit." She said in a slightly joking tone, hoping not to offend or anything.

Sosiqui
"Th-thank you," Toki managed, offering a small and shaky smile as he took the fragile paper rabbit.

"Toki?" The sudden call made the Aoide jump, and he darted to the door quickly, relieved to have a distraction. "Are you there?"

"Here, Nebula," he called back, opening the door. The black cat Aoide was in the small hallway that ran between the servants' rooms, and she flicked one ear at him and gave the origami in his hand an odd look.

"What have you been doing? No matter, Master Crispin and Lord Shaiming are back now. Master says he's ravenous and needs food." The catgirl folded her arms and gave Toki a sharp nod. "If you would?"

"Yes, yes, at speed!" Toki turned and nodded to Morgan, mouthed 'thank you', then bowed and stood up again so fast that the bunny ears whipped up, back, and slapped him in the face.

Nebula shook her head as Toki vanished. "I hope he wasn't troubling you, milady."

mistalina13
Morgan smiled at Toki as he bolted off, then shook her head. "No, Nebula he wasn't." She turned and rested against the desk again. "We've just been talking a while, after he brought me the flowers from Crispin, which are very lovely." She glanced toward the flowers for a moment. "I wish to thank him for them myself, but it can wait if he's exhausted from his lessons."

Sosiqui
"Thank me for what?" Crispin appeared in the doorway, looking tired, his clothes smudged with ash.

"Master - please, go back inside, I'll have a warm bath and fresh clothes laid out for you, and Toki is preparing dinner," Nebula pleaded.

"No... I want to talk to Morgan, if it's okay with her." He smiled. "The bath can wait, okay?"

Nebula pouted. "Okay," she mumbled, and padded catlike out of the room, her tail lashing back and forth.

Crispin sighed, and sank into the chair Toki had so recenty vacated. "Er, it is okay with you, right? I need something less depressing to look at, and you are easily the least depressing thing I know." He smiled wanly.

"Indeed, we would not impose, but if you would have us..." Shaiming spoke through Crispin's mouth this time, but the tone was unmistakably that of the dragon, though it wavered crackily between baritone and Crispin's own tenor.

mistalina13
"Of course I don't mind." Morgan smiled. "...and thank for for the flowers, they're beautiful; Toki brought them to me while you were still out." She giggled suddenly, at an idea she had, after seeing how exhausted he was.

"Want a shoulder rub...while your sitting there?" She took a few steps and was behind him, looking over his shoulder. "It might help you relax." She giggled again and smiled playfully.

Sosiqui
"Oh, he got some flowers? That's good... wow, those are nice! I wonder how far he had to go?" Crispin looked thoughtful, then shook his head. "I'll ask him later. But I'm glad you like them," he added, shyly.

He leaned forward, stretched, and hung there for a moment before straightening up. "Um. Sure, that'd be nice... got all stiff from staring up, trying to find stars... that weren't there anymore..."

His voice trailed off. "My old friends, snuffed out by my liege lord," Shaiming put in, aggreived. "I can hardly bear the dishonor."

mistalina13
Morgan rubbed his shoulders and neck carefully, trying to work the tension out of them. She sighed softly, when Shaiming spoke. "It is a shame, the stars are such beautiful things..."

Her own voice trailed off as she leaned over his shoulder to give him an affectionate nuzzle and her hands stopped for a moment, "That better, or shall I keep going a bit longer?"

Sosiqui
"Mmm... no, keep going, please?" Crispin said, leaning back into her touch. "Just be careful of Shaiming's gem; it's between my shoulder blades."

"The stars are lovely; while their creation is not my domain, their guarding and their realm are dear to me..." The dragon sounded uncomfortable, ashamed.. "I can only hope they can be reborn. Oh, that is nice... thank you, Lady Morgan," he added, apparently enjoying the massage as much as his host.

mistalina13
"Mhm...alright then.." Morgan's slipped down so she could give him a quick hug from behind, to try and brighten the dragon's mood, before she went back to massaging his shoulders and neck.

"And your quite welcome...I'm just glad I can be of some use around here." She smiled.

Sosiqui
"Mmm..." Crispin leaned back into the hug, smiling - and then changed, subtly, his posture stiffening and his eyes drifting closed.

"Don't be afraid," Shaiming said, quietly. "I have taken control for now, but it is temporary... I wanted to speak with you alone, without Crispin present, and this is the only way to do so."

mistalina13
Morgan was a little suprised by the change and jumped a little. "Okay." She said, a little nervously and drew her hands back, not quite sure what to make of the situation.

Sosiqui
"I am sorry to scare you," Shaiming said, with a sigh. "But, what I have to say is important. There is not much time left. While I cannot gauge how much... Crispin and I are growing closer. I can speak through him easily now, even when he is fully awake, as you have no doubt noticed."

The dragon paused, and took a few deep breaths. "I will do what I can to preserve him for you. I cannot promise I will succeed. But I recognize deep affection when I see it. I too loved, once." His voice was suddenly fond, gentle. "Once... but I have been forgotten. I will do my best to hold that fate for you as long as I can. And if it is possible..." His voice trailed off, and he shook his/Crispin's head a tiny bit. "What I intend may not be... but I will strive."

mistalina13
Morgan had walked around the chair and stood in front. "Thank you." Was all she could manage to say, she hadn't exactly been expecting to be talking to Shaiming alone. She was quite nervous and her hands shook slightly so she hid them behind her back. She leaned forward and gave him a quick peck on the lips and she blushed faintly.

Sosiqui
"My, such an offering - though one, I think, Crispin will be better able to appreciate than this old dragon." Shaiming chuckled, fondly. "You are a brave child, Morgan, and I am glad to have met you. You will be taken care of if what I intend does not come to pass, have no fear of that."

mistalina13
"It would be hard to deal with loosing either of you." Morgan murmured and glanced away for a moment, blushing a bit more now. After a moment she looked back to Shaiming. "Really brave, or really stupid, depending on who you talk to actually."

Sosiqui
"It is never stupid to love," Shaiming said, simply. "And I know you would rather speak with Crispin than with me, so I will take my leave... but if you would, speak not to Crispin of what you have heard."

A moment later Crispin's eyes opened, unfocused, and he shook his head, then yawned. "Mmm... must have been sleepier than I thought. I'm sorry, Morgan." He sat up, and looked sheepish.

mistalina13
Morgan nodded and did her best to appear as if nothing had gone on and Crispin had simply dozed off. "S'alright Crispin, perfectly alright." She had been waiting for the opportunity to steal a kiss from him again, and now was a good a time as any. She leaned over him and kissed him, it was hopefully better than last time, if nothing else it was far less clumsy.

She pulled away after a moment, and the words just slipped out. "I love you, Crispin."

Sosiqui
Crispin leaned into the kiss, and sat sleepily back when it was done, just looking at Morgan with a soft smile - but her next words made her eyes widen. "You... you what?" he spluttered as his face turned pink. "I... um..." He stared at her blushing furiously for a few minutes, then looked down.

"... Why? I'm gonna... basically die... before too long... why spend this much emotion on me?" He reached for her, his hands shaking slightly. "Morgan..."

mistalina13
"I want no regrets, and you deserved to know the truth, even though I wasn't sure of it until just now." Morgan blushed deeply as well and reached out to touch his cheek when he looked down. "Because your wonderful, in every sense, Crispin..."

She took his shaking hand, kissed the back of it and then pressed it against her cheek. "Nothing could change how I feel." She slid onto his lap and buried her face against his shoulder.

Sosiqui
Crispin embraced her, hesitantly at first, then moved to hold her close - but carefully, as though she were something rare and fragile. "Thank you," he whispered into her ear, before freeing one hand and tilting her lips up to meet his.

Shaiming, being a polite Dragon King, said nothing - but Crispin could feel the dragon at the edge of his thoughts, radiating a quiet joy.

mistalina13
Morgan kissed him in return. This was a rare point in her life, probably for the first time she found one person she could trust completely, even with her life.

It was not without the danger though, she could loose him completely. She had told the truth about her feelings. No regrets. Everything was a gamble. For all anyone knew, they might only have today. So why not live for it?

When their lips parted enough, she murmured. "I'm yours."

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm
User Image
Just to Be Near You...
Solo Roleplay 02

When the morning came she found herself waking in his arms. She buried her face in his shoulder again and took in his scent, wishing their time like this didn't have to end. Her arms were laced around him; she felt the even rise and fall of his chest, and heard the rhythmic beating of his heart. He slept peacefully still and she smiled.

"I love you." She murmured and nuzzled against his throat.

She had admitted to him how she felt finally, just last night. When he came to her room, ash covered, exhausted and looking for cheerful company. He and Shaiming had both been seemed quite sad as well.

The dragon had promised to do what he could to preserve Crispin for her and she was grateful he was willing to attempt something of the sort, even if it ended up not working in the end.

The two of them had ended up on her bed, loosing themselves in each other. Though, they never committed the deed and ended up falling asleep in each other's arms instead.

She sat up just enough to look at him, then brushed his hair away from his eyes.

The only question now was, how long would they have like this?

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:38 pm
User Image
Note to Self: Graveyards Are Creepy
Morgan gets creeped out by ghosts and meets Nergal...
Joint Roleplay 05

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He was sitting on the stairs to a small crypt, his back leaning against the heavy wooden door behind, one of the very few which had been left intact. So many tombs opened and destroyed, so many of the bodies stolen, torn from their rest. The souls however - some of them at the very least - were still around, and that was all the Underworld god had been hoping for.

Closing his eyes for a moment to breath a small sigh of frustration, Nergal focused to beckon yet another lost soul closer. The power he wielded over the dead was still little, and to try and extract any kind of information from them a tiring and tedious task. Most of them weren't aware of the Living World, or even of each other. But, on the other hand, there were things only the dead would see, and he needed to test his powers, to see how far he could go. If he ever wanted to see his domain returned to its former glory, he had to start somewhere, with something.

mistalina13
Having been nearly everywhere safe to get to indoors, Morgan decided to venture outside. As she wandered she tried to avoid looking at most of the landscape, it still made her uneasy to see the results of Destruction's power first hand. She shivered and stuffed her hands in her pockets.

She wandered in search of something to see, somewhat nearby, that wasn't totally destroyed. The graveyard was the first thing she spotted, but she certainly hadn't expected it to be occupied by anything living.

So, when she spotted Nergal she ducked behind a momument quickly.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He was too focused on his task at first to consciously take notice of the young woman. However, there was a disturbance among the dead, travelling through their ranks like ripples until it finally reached the Underworld god, causing his concentration to be broken.

Irritated, his eyes narrowed, he looked up. No one was to be seen, but he knew without doubt that someone alive had set his or her feet onto the graveyard grounds. He wondered if it was maybe one of them, one of those cursed cultists, but from what he knew it seemed unlikely - they never came alone.

mistalina13
Morgan leaned against the monument, trying to get her thoughts under control. Who was that, just over there? She chewed on her lower lip. Was it another god, or something else? Maybe coming to look at a graveyard hadn't been such a good idea.

She felt something pass by her and it made her shiver. But there was nothing there, at least that she could see. She crossed her arms and slid down against the monument, til she was nearly seated, waiting for the creeping feelin to pass.

After it did she peeked around the monument's edge, to see if it had just been something she hadn't noticed.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Nergal tilted his head somewhat to listen what the voices of the dead had to tell him about the unknown visitor. A young woman, still a girl rather..

Ah. Over there.

He caught her peeking out of her hiding place, looking rather pale and quite nervous. The telltale coffin tattoo of the Crypt Defilers was nowhere to be seen, so he'd consider her harmless for now.

"There is nothing to fear from me if you do not disturb the rest of the dead," he said. He spoke softly, but in the almost complete silence of this place his voice carried well. "However, it may be dangerous to stay here. As you can see," he pointed at a tombstone which had been toppled over and smeared with occult symbols, "this place is frequented by a quite unfriendly lot."

He rose slowly, his wings seeming almost real as he flexed them a little, but then fading back into their usual mist-like state. It hadn't been visible before, but he was carrying his left arm in a sling.

mistalina13
Morgan by now was throughly freaked out but starting to recover. "Believe me, I don't." She stood up and waved her hands. "...that's the last thing I'd want to do actually." She stepped carefully out into the open.

She shook her head when she saw the tombstone, even people here did that? She frowned slightly then looked back at the one who had addressed her. "Can I ask who you are?" She had her suspicions, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

She glanced briefly at his arm, then back to his face as she waited to see if he would answer.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Nergal, Lord of the Underworld," he said, offering the young woman a polite nod. This place was still quite close to the Pantheon, and somehow he had the feeling she wouldn't be too surprised at his introduction. "May I, in return, ask who you are?"

mistalina13
Underworld..so he's like...Osiris? Morgan nearly facepalmed, but just shook her head instead. Maybe she had studied mythology a bit too much in school.

"My name is Morgan." She smiled shyly. "...it's uhm...nice to meet you?" She waved a little too and shivered again.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He frowned a little as he caught her shiver. Was he truly that scary? He used to not care about such reactions, but now he found it bothered him more and more. Her shy smile, however, let him hope somewhat. At least she seemed to not have any set prejudices despite what she might have heard about his realm.

"You do not seem to surprised," he noticed.

mistalina13
"Your not the first god I've met, besides...you don't seem as creepy as descriptions in books make you sound." Morgan winced mentally at how stupid that must have sounded. Great, now he probably figures I'm an idiot.

She tried to keep from fidgeting too much, but every once and a while while they spoke an odd feeling came over her and she couldn't help but shiver. Nergal would probably catch her glancing around occassionally as well.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ah, so she did indeed know about the Pantheon. For a moment he wondered if she might be a host but something told him that wasn't the case. At least not yet.

"I am surprised anyone would be interested enough in the gods of old to actually read about them. I am interested now, what do these books of yours say about me?" He raised a brow, seeming slightly amused. Of course he had read up enough on mythology books himself by now, but he was interested to see what she thought about those legends and tales.

"We can move elsewhere if you would like to," the god suggested, having guessed what caused the girl's obvious jumpiness. "This place is thick with the spirits of the dead, and it seems you can sense them. I am quite done here anyway."

mistalina13
"Ghosts..." Morgan looked around nervously for a moment and rubbed the back of her neck. "...so that's what those creepy feelings were." She smiled a little, she wondered why she hadn't thought of something like that, especially after he introduced himself.

"Please." She asked politely afterward. In her mind, there was nothing wrong with ghosts or spirits, they just sort of gave her the heebie jeebies.

She waited until they started walking to answer his question. "I read a lot of mythology books when I was little...I've always thought they were kind of neat." She grinned sheepishly. "So many different cultures treat things so differently though...death is one of the things with the biggest differences..."

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Creepy.." Nergal raised a brow. Always so scared of what lies beyond. "Nevermind." To fear the unknown, that was only natural for the mortals, wasn't it? After all it had been the loss of that fear which had brought about the Fading.

"Fairy tales these were to you then," he asumed as they passed the heavy gates of wrought iron, trying his best to not sound disappointed. "Still.." He hesitated for a moment before he spoke on, and when he did he seemed a little embarassed. "See, I was advised to listen to what people think about the world beyond, to.. not repeat past mistakes when it is remade. But there are few enough whose knowledge and beliefs would go beyond.. just heaven and hell."

mistalina13
"They seem like fairytales to most in my world..." Morgan stuffed her hands into her jeans pockets. "...I guess I studied them so much because I didn't know what to believe...or if there was anything at all." She glanced over at the Underworld God, "...ending up here and actually seeing the gods, gives some things a more....concrete meaning."

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "You are not from this world then?" It was strange, but certainly no coincidence, that so many were drawn here from other realms, other worlds. "So, I am curious, are we very different from the legends of your world? It must have been a disappointment to see so many of us are just barely more than mortals." He slightly tapped against the sling he was carrying his left arm in. Certainly the legends of old never spoke of gods having broken their collarbone in a brawl with Necromancers.

He stopped abruptly when he suddenly noticed he had instinctively steered his pace towards the Pantheon and stared at the dark silhouette with obvious discomfort. He didn't want to go back there, at least not yet. "You wouldn't happen to know a place, a Café of sorts or something, which is still open and running, would you?"

mistalina13
Morgan shook her head. "No, I'm from Earth." She glanced toward the Pantheon as well, then looked toward the ground, to avoid looking at the landscape. "Gods in my world are usually described as some combination of omnipotent, looming, scary and egotistical."

She glanced up at Nergal. "It isn't a disapointment though, not in the way you might think. It makes you all seem more...real..." She hoped Nergal would understand how she meant it.

She shook her head afterward. "No, I don't know of anything around here. This is the first time I've gone outside since I came here...seeing that..." She motioned off into the distance, "...just didn't sit well with me.."

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 'Omnipotent, looming, scary and--' Nergal cringed a little. Yeah, he had been good at that, according to the legends and the hints his Aoide had dropped. The only part he wasn't so sure about was the 'egoistical' bit.

"More real.." He nodded slowly. "I think I know what you mean. Well.. would you like to walk a little, or do you wish to return to the Pantheon? I admit I am not too fond of that place - too many of my kind stuck in too close a space.. But summoning the dead has tired me out quite a bit, and I know I can get a coffee there."

mistalina13
Morgan giggled. The Underworld God likes coffee? "Inside would be better then." She wondered for a moment what Crispin and Shaiming were up to and she caught herself glancing toward the Pantheon again.

"Besides, being outside here....unnerves me." She frowned a little, then looked back to Nergal. "At the very least, you can get a coffee..."

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "My host introduced this beverage to me, claiming it was capable to 'even wake up the dead'. It is a good thing it does not, however, or I would see myself forced to ban it once I am back into full power. I like it way too much to do such a thing." He smiled a little, a faint twinkle of humor in his eyes.

He gazed at the ruined landscape for a moment before he picked up his pace again, towards the looming shape of the temple. "It does not bother me," he admitted, "perhaps because it too much resembles my domain right now.. It is as if the Living and the realm of the dead have merged into one." True, in a sense, since there was no other place for the dead to go. The living world had become a limbo of sorts. "I.. only miss the sky. The Underworld had none. And now even in the Living it is barred from my sight."

He glanced up for a moment, the clouds above so thick and dark they seemed almost as massive as rocks. Of course, he could always go see the Skies himself.. In fact he had to, and he was quite aware he was putting it off.

Lucius..

But he needed to speak to Kishara first, that was more important than anything else.

mistalina13
Morgan nodded. "I miss the sky too, my family moved to a bigger city a few years back, and since then it's been hard to see the stars. It's a shame they're gone here too..." She sighed softly.

"We're you lonely before, in the Underworld?" She asked almost purely because of curiosity, to see if there was any truth in those old myths.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Nergal's features froze, as this was a very touchy subject with him.

"I am not sure," he admitted uneasily after thinking about it for a while, trying to decide if he should answer at all. "My memory of the past is fragmental at best. Not many gods ventured into the Underworld if they did not have to, and my duties rarely left me the time to leave my domain, this much I can remember. Yet the Underworld was not reigned by me alone. My Queen.. I was told she loved me very dearly, so I think.. not?"

He looked up, surprised to find they were only a few steps away from the Pantheon gates now. "However.. I do not know if she will return.. anytime soon.. or at all. Most domains were shared by two gods, male and female usually, but I only know of two cases where both have been reborn. Love. And Dream."

mistalina13
Morgan had walked ahead and looked back at him when he spoke, she smiled weakly. "I'm sorry, if I upset you. But, have faith, because there's always a chance she'll return." She was trying to turn the conversation back to cheerful.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "It seems a little ironic, a mortal telling a god to have faith. But you are right of course - that my Other has not returned yet does not mean she never will. It makes sense even, to begin with bringing back only one deity of each domain." But still.. Unconsciously he reached to touch his chest where the gem lay embeded in skin and bone, right above his heart. He had a bad feeling whenever he thought about this matter, and he just didn't seem to be able to shake it off.

Shoving those thoughts aside he climbed the stairs and pushed the large door open, holding it for Morgan to enter.

mistalina13
Morgan giggled, she hadn't realised the irony in what she said until just now and she slipped past the Underworld God and walked into the Pantheon.

"Thank you...and at least now I know Chivarly isn't dead." She stopped to wait for him to follow. "And believe me, I've had enough male friends slam doors in my face to think otherwise." She had muttered the last part and just shook her head afterward.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Chivalry.." There was an amused tone in Nergal's voice, and a little bit of cynism. "Its importance is much overrated. I was merely attempting to be polite - the door is quite heavy.." And truth be told, Morgan wasn't exactly tall, nor did she seem to be strong.. But to tell her this would have been admittedly rather rude.

"Would you like a coffee as well?" he asked instead, striding towards the cupboard and secretly praying Aislin's stock of Turkish coffee had been left untouched.

mistalina13
Morgan smiled. "Thank you none the less, and no thanks on the coffee, never touch the stuff." If there was no alternative she probably would drink it, but given the choice she prefered tea.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ah. Perhaps you should pay a visit to Lady Echo sometime then," Nergal suggested. "She has a very fine selection of teas. One of them is particularly interesting, bound in the form of a bud, which then 'blooms' once hot water is poured over it."

"She is the goddess of Music," he added as an afterthought since the young woman could hardly be expected to know who was who. There were so many gods.. Or at least there had been, in the past.

Aislin's personal stock of coffee had been left untouched, he found much to his relief. Perhaps because no one had been able to figure out what to do with the coffee powder which was too finely grinded to be used in the coffee machine, and that small, oddly shaped brass pot. Or perhaps it simply had never been noticed as his host had wisely deposited it in the far back of the cupboard.

"However, I would strongly advice to not leave this place alone again. The streets are very dangerous at times like these, and - I beg your pardon if I am mistaken - you do not seem to know how to defend yourself." Quietly he prepared his mocha, filling the small pot with water and heaping a few spoonfulls of the fine coffee powder into the liquid. No sugar, just like his host he prefered his coffee black.

He leaned against the counter, keeping a cautious eye on his coffee while he waited for it to start seething - mocha prepared the traditional way had the habit of boiling over the very instant you weren't paying attention he'd found.

"This injury was attained in a battle fought with a necromancer and his undead puppets," he said, pointing towards his left shoulder. It was not his intention to impress the girl, nor gain her sympathy - he merely wanted to put emphasis on how dangerous it could be outside.

mistalina13
"Maybe I will..." She made a mental note of the name.

"I know how to defend myself if I have to." Morgan frowned slightly and settled herself on a stool by one of the counter, resting her forearms on the counter top.

At the word 'necromancer' she wrinkled her nose. "I'll be careful from now on."

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Then I must apologize." Nergal couldn't help but to sound sceptical, wondering what methods of self defense the young woman might have at her disposal. She didn't seem much of a fighter, but maybe she knew how to handle a gun. Or perhaps she was skilled in the arts of magic?

mistalina13
Morgan rested her head against the counter and sighed. He didn't believe her, did he? "Though, I've only had to do so on a couple of occassions. Which were mostly when I was walking home from gaming on Saturday nights. Druken morons.." She muttered the last part and sighed again.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ah. However, undead creatures are a lot harder to get rid of, so if any of the deities dwelling here has offered you protection, you should make use of it." He poured his mocha into a tiny cup and then leaned against the counter again as he waited for the coffee grounds to settle.

"May I ask you something?"

mistalina13
"I live with Shaiming...and Crispin...though I certainly didn't ask for protection." Morgan blushed faintly, then peeked at the Underworld God over her arms.

"That was already a question, but go ahead." She sat up after and brushed a bit of hair behind her ear, wondering what he could possibly want to ask about.

Thabara
Shaiming? That name was familiar and he managed to snatch that thin wisp of his memory before it could swirl beyond his reach again.

____Dragon King.

____Worldshield.

He knew the Dragon Kings were returning, the spirits of the dead had been able to disclose to him at least this much.

____Honorable.

____Knight.

Someone in his past had spoken quite highly of him, it seemed, his Queen most likely since she had been the one to appear at the other gods' courts in his stead.

"Shaiming.. You are truly well protected then, Morgan. I think.. I should like to meet him and pay my respects. If my memory does not fail me completely he has done well in the past to.. keep my workload to a bearable limit whenever it was Destruction's time to rule."

He smiled vaguely as he noticed her blush. So this girl had feelings for.. Shaiming? Or rather this Crispin perhaps, who had to be the Dragon King's host..

He grimaced somewhat at Morgan's retort towards his inquiry. "Truly, I should know better by now than to ask rethorical questions," he muttered. "Very well - since you do seem to know about the myths and legends of old.. If you were, hypothetically, to have a hand in the creation of a new Underworld.. What would you make of it?"

He took a careful sip from his mocha before he spoke on to clarify his question. "What I mean is.. Many seem to see me and my domain in a very negative light, putting emphasis on the judgement and the punishment which may follow, equaling my realm with Hell. It bothers me, and I think it may have been the reason why it.. I.. faded in the end. I do not wish to repeat past mistakes, but I also do not know where.. or what.. I may have done wrong. It is true that Hell was born from my realm. But so was Paradise." He looked at Morgan quizzically, wondering if the question might not have been a little too much for someone as young as her.

mistalina13
Morgan giggled, seeing him grimace. "Sorry, it's become a habit to become a bit of a pain in the a** when the opportunity arises. It happens when you spend too much time around guys."

Once her girlish giggles subsided, she spoke again. "Had you ever considered the fact that it may not have been a fault of yours; That it was simply mortals peverting the whole idea of your domain that caused so many problems?" She hated answering questions with more questions, but it seemed a reasonable one to ask, assuming she had interpreted his question correctly in the first place.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Why, yes, but.. there must have been a way to prevent that from happening, somehow.." He gazed at the golden foam floating on top of his coffee, as if the answer was to be found there. "Of course the dead could not simply go back and tell the ones they left behind how things really were," he contemplated after a short moment in thoughtful silence. "There were only the priests to tell of Our domain and Our will.."

mistalina13
"That's a difficult thing to prevent." Morgan said this as she looked down at the countertop and idly traced a pattern on it with her fingertip. "Mortals are unfortunately quite curious and imaginative..."

Her gaze flicked back to Nergal she pushed her wireframe glasses back up her nose. "So, I'm not really sure what suggestions I could give that would be helpful..." She frowned slightly and closed her eyes.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "No, no, you may have helped me already," the Underworld god replied, an absent look in his eyes as the first hint of an idea started to form in the back of his mind. "I will have to think about it, but there may indeed be something that can be done."

He emptied the cup, and went to the sink to clean it, as well as that exotic looking brass pot he'd used. The task of a servant, under normal circumstances, but the god wanted to make sure he'd find his things at exactly the same spot in the cupboard as today, the next time he'd pay this place a visit.

"Another question, if I may," he murmured, without looking up from his task. "Or rather, a variation of my last one. I shall bother you no more after this for today, I promise. You do not even need to answer, if you do not wish to." He set the things he'd used aside to dry a little before he put them back into the cupboard. "After death.. is there anything particular you expect to happen? Something you hope for, or wish for? Certainly you must have thought about it at one time or another.."

mistalina13
"I always supposed there was something, perhaps it differed depending on what you believed in?" She shrugged. "Never really subscribed to a religion...at least not one anyone in my world would consider a 'real' religion anymore." Morgan smiled nervously, she had always been more drawn to the older "pagan" religions.

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "No wonder then, that everything fell apart, if you mortals cannot decide what to believe.." Nergal sighed, somewhat disappointed by the vague answer. "But it is just as much our failure, for not guiding you properly, I think." He dried the cup and the pot thoroughly - not an easy task with only one hand at his disposal - and placed them back in the cupboard.

The bit about 'real' religions had perked his curiosity - so there were still those who claimed their religions to be 'real' and all others to be 'false'? - but he had already promised the girl to bother her no more with his questions.

"I shall take my leave now," he announced quietly. "There is.. someone who might be worried about my long absence by now, and I do not want her to go out and start searching for me. Maybe we can talk again at another time."

mistalina13
"I'd be happy to talk to you again, and answer questions...if I can. Get well soon and all that good stuff and try not to get into too much trouble." Morgan smiled and giggled. "It was nice to meet you, Nergal."

Thabara
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "It was nice to meet you as well, Morgan." Nergal gave her a friendly nod. "And please give my regards to Lord Shaiming. It is good news to hear that he has been reborn."

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:41 pm
User Image
An Almost Forgotten Valentine's Day
Morgan spends Valentine's Day with Crispin & Shaming.
Joint Roleplay 06

mistalina13
Morgan had left something on the table of Shaiming's sitting room earlier in the day, for the amusement of the Dragon as much as his host. It was stats written up for Shaiming as a Dungeons & Dragons deity. She hoped it would be amusing and brighten his mood, he had seemed a little lost the last few days.

At present though, Morgan was in her little room, at her desk and working on painting little figurines with her headphones on; Her door was open just enough so anyone passing by would know she was at home, though she likely wouldn't notice if anyone came in.

Sosiqui
Crispin hadn't noticed the paper on the table - he was too busy with other plans. True, he hadn't realized it was Valentine's Day until late, and Toki had been sent soaring out the door on an epic quest for some kind of gift - but the Aoide had returned successful.

Relieved, and a little bemused that for the first time ever he had someone to share valentines with, Crispin darted for Morgan's room with the wrapped box in hand, hoping that Morgan wouldn't be mad for his delay. What if she thought he had forgotten? Yikes...

"Morgan? Are you busy, love?" he said, poking his head in with a smile, holding the box out of sighed behind the doorframe.

mistalina13
Morgan didn't notice anything until the temperature in the room changed. She looked back over her shoulder and jumped when she saw Crispin there, standing in the doorway.

"Oh...hi..." She said after a moment, smiling sheepishly as she pulled the bud headphones from her ears; The music coming from them was loud enough that he could probably make out what song it was. "Come on in...you were standing there long, we're you?"

She turned in the chair and rested her forearms on the back of it.

Sosiqui
"Just a little bit, but it's okay," Crispin said, thanking... well, the Love God, wherever he was... that she didn't seem mad. "Notice anything about today?" he added, keeping the box behind his back.

"Well met, Morgan," Shaiming chimed in. "I am very much afraid that Crispin thinks himself quite clever, at the moment.'

"Hey!"

mistalina13
"Special....today?"

It took Morgan a few moments to think of it, she usually didn't care. "It's Valentine's Day." She giggled at Shaiming's words.

"Clever huh?" She beamed and got up from the chair. "He's probably up to something then."

Behind her, he'd see all the various little figures Morgan had been working on painting, along with the little jars of paint and other supplies.

"The question is, dear Crispin, what exactly are you up to?" She leaned over and gave him a little kiss in greeting.

Sosiqui
Crispin blushed a bit at the kiss, but returned it, then turning to produce the box from behind his back. It was heart-shaped, red, simply wrapped and from it wafted the scent of good chocolate. "Happy Valentine's Day," he said, with a grin. "Sweets for the sweet... or something like that. I'm not that good at mushy stuff."

"Oh, that smells quite good. Could I try some?" Shaiming asked, and Crispin could feel the dragon's curiosity.

"Hey, those are for Morgan!" he protested. "Don't ask after someone else's gift!"

"... I am sorry, that was very indiscreet of me," Shaiming replied after a moment, sounding ashamed of himself. "It just smells lovely."

"Have you never had chocolate before?" Crispin looked surprised.

mistalina13
Morgan smiled. "Your sweet. I totally forgot today was Valentine's Day." She blushed a little, feeling a little embaressed.

"Someone whose never had chocolate before, that's...almost unheard of." That suprised her quite a bit as well, after all who hadn't at least tried chocolate, even if they ended up hating it?

"I'll tell you what, all three of us can share."

Sosiqui
Crispin grinned. "Oh, how kind of you... especially considering that two of us share the same taste buds, so won't need half as much..." he teased.

"Stop that," Shaiming chided. "Thank you, milady. I apologies for the rude manners of my host." The dragon's tone was cheerful, though, in good humor and ready to tease as much as Crispin was.

"Ouch. I am slain!" Crispin mock-staggered and flopped across Morgan's bed, clutching his heart as though he'd been dealt a mortal wound.

mistalina13
Morgan laughed. "Your so silly sometimes." She moved and settled herself on the bed beside him. "But it's adorable." Then she leaned over him, it seemed as if she might kiss him again, but tweaked his nose instead.

"I meant to say thank you, for stay with me the other night...it was nice, just to not sleep alone." She blushed slightly and looked away for a moment.

Sosiqui
"You're welcome... any time. Maybe my bed next time, it's large enough for a dragon," Crispin said as he sat up... but after he spoke, he felt a sudden stab of guilt that made him pause. What...

Nothing, Shaiming said, hurriedly, and Crispin realized the emotion he'd felt belonged not to him, but to the dragon.

Well. He wasn't going to go that direction, not when there were much more interesting things available, like Morgan and chocolate. "Toki went a long way to get that again, I think. When Shaiming... um.. changes... he's going to throw his power around this area, so more humans will probably come back here. It won't be hard for you, and you know you can ask Nebula or Toki for anything..."

mistalina13
Morgan's expression seemed almost sad. "That might be so, but it's not something I want to think about right now." She did her best to smile, snuggled close to him and kissed his cheek lightly.

"I didn't tell you who I've met here...on the times I've gone wandering when you two are busy, have I?"

Sosiqui
"No! Who else is out and about? We've met quite a few gods, but there are probably more out there..." Crispin looked curious, and shrugged one arm around Morgan's shoulders, pulling her in close to him.

"Indeed. Several Dragon Kings yet unencountered, at the very least; I am not aware how many of the Pantheon have been summoned back to the waking world."

mistalina13
"I've met two other gods...Love, he introduced himself to me as Rio. Quite cheerful, really nice, good advice too. I met the Underworld God yesterday too, Nergal...not quite what I expected, still pretty nice though. He said something about wanting to speak to you at some point..."

Morgan rested her head against his shoulder and sighed contentedly. "I've been wondering, how many other Dragon Kings are there, Shaiming?"

Sosiqui
"Love? Huh. I bet he's having a good day today, then." Crispin leaned against Morgan and grinned. "Underworld though, that sounds creepy. Was he like an undead or something?"

"Well? How many Dragon Kings, Crispin? And their names, please." Shaiming poked playfully at his host. "Or have all your studies been for naught?"

Crispin sighed. "Fine, fine... there's nine of them. Shaiming is Tien-Lung. Then there's Futs-Lung, Ti-Lung, Ying-Long, Qian-Lung, Shen-Lung, Chien-Tang, Mang, and Yu Five Claws."

mistalina13
"I'm not really sure...might've been." Morgan shifted a little to make herself more comfortable; she now lay on her stomach, so she could cuddle better against him and her head rested against his chest.

Smiling softly, she let her mind wander as she tried to imagine what the Dragons might look like. After a moment she tilted her head up and nuzzled Crispin's throat.

"Thanks for the best Valentine's Day ever..." She felt like she should say it, because it was the first Valentines she wasn't alone.

Sosiqui
Crispin blushed again, though this time with pleasure instead of embarassment. "You're welcome... though you should thank Toki too, when you see him next. He said he'd go to the ends of the earth, and judging by how tired he was, he might have for all I know..."

Shaiming mentally stepped aside as Crispin turned to kiss Morgan again. This was Crispin's moment, not his. A day of love... and he without his own beloved, who seemed by all accounts to have forgotten his existence. Yet there were Harmodius' words, a quest of sorts... but that had to wait until he had dragonshape again, and by that time it might not even matter.

But it was just as well. It would have been most awkward with a shared body... the mental image of poor Crispin perched between Morgan and Lucius, giving each a confused kiss in turn, made the dragon laugh aloud.

Crispin blinked at the sudden laughter. "That wasn't me," he said, quickly. "Shaiming?"

"I am sorry. I was not laughing at you."

mistalina13
Morgan very nearly purred with contentment when Crispin kissed her again. The sudden laugh startled her though and very nearly jumped.

"S-s'alright." She sat up and looked down at Crispin, "...and I will thank Toki too." She smiled playfully then, having gotten an evil idea.

Was Crispin ticklish?

Sosiqui
"What?" Crispin raised one eyebrow at Morgan, curiously. "I don't like that look, that's the same face you got when you throw big monsters at us when we game..."

Shaiming had tried to keep the mental image of Crispin, Morgan and Lucius over on his side of the mind (as it were), but as he turned to regard Morgan as well, the thought slipped from his mental grasp... and snap into the forefront of Crispin's conciousness.

Crispin paused... for several seconds... and then began to laugh helplessly. "What the hell, Shaiming?" he spluttered, blushing at once.

mistalina13
"I'm not sure I want to know...." Morgan giggled impishly, realising that gave her the opening she was looking for and tried to tickle his sides first. That was usually one of the common places people were ticklish.

Sosiqui
"He was thinking about me... well, us I guess... sitting between you and Lucius, that's Universe, kissi-ACK!" Crispin flailed as suddenly there were wiggling tickly fingers at his sides, and he laughed helplessly once more, squirming to try and get away.

Shaiming... was grateful for the distraction from his indiscretion. What was the matter with him today?

mistalina13
Morgan stopped after a few minutes, but she had ended up giggling even more as well. Hopefully he wouldn't get any ideas like that to try on her, she was really ticklish in quite a few places.

She simply smiled at him once her own gigglefit subsided. "Are you okay?"

Sosiqui
"Shaiming's training has made me invulnerable to tickling!" Crispin proclaimed, then lunged for her with all fingers wriggling, ready to return fire.

mistalina13
"ACK!" Morgan burst into giggles again when he caught her and she fell backwards, ending up half off the bed.

"I'm horribly ticklish! Stop before I fall off!" She managed to say between giggles, when she could get enough air.

Sosiqui
"What, asking for mercy when none was given?" Crispin grinned wickedly and kept tickling for just a few more seconds - but then let up, offering her a hand to pull her back into place. "I suppose that's the duty of a Dragon King... and 'sides, I love you," he grinned.

mistalina13
Morgan took a couple of moments to breathe before grabbing his hand and letting him pull her back up onto the bed. She smiled, "I love you too..."

She kissed him again and cuddled close to him again afterward, burying her face in his shoulder. "Always will." Her cheeks flushed then, just for a moment. She was grateful he couldn't see her face just then.

Sosiqui
"For as long as I have," Crispin promised, then kind of wished he hadn't said that. Did they need any more reminders of how little time there was? No.

Shaiming said nothing, but his silence was conspicious.

"Hey... c'mon, let's go into the other room. I bet Toki can whip up some kind of bang-up dinner... I can't really take you out to a nice restaurant, but this is the closest thing, huh?" He took her hand in his.

mistalina13
Morgan hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go, a small part of her fearing it would be the last time she got to hold him. After a moment she shook that thought off, dismissing it. She trusted the Dragon, thought she wasn't sure what he had planned.

Drawing back, she managed a little almost cheerful smile for Crispin. "Sure."

Sosiqui
"Alrighty... let's go! I'm sure he'll be willing to help, he loves getting jobs to do. Keeps him busy." Privately, Crispin thought as he helped Morgan up and they walked hand-in-hand into Shaiming's larger chambers, he was pretty sure Toki liked having assignments because they meant he didn't have to think so much, that he got his directions from outside and that was fine.

The Aoidei, both of them, were buzzing around the room cleaning, though they stopped and bowed as soon as the door opened. "Good evening, Lady Morgan... was the gift well-recieved?" Toki asked, slyly.

"It was. Toki, can you make dinner for us? Something suitable for the day?" Crispin grinned.

The Aoide bowed, the bunny-ears bobbling atop his head. "But of course! Nebula, if you attend to their needs... I'll be off." He darted out the door, wings fanning behind him for extra speed.

The catgirl bowed as well. "Let me know if you require anything, Master, my lady," she said, quietly, and left the room with her tail twitching back and forth a little more sharply than Shaiming liked.

Crispin didn't seem to notice. "Ahh! Well then - hey, what's this?" Crispin spotted the piece of paper on the table, and bent to pick it up and read it. It took a few moments, but he looked up at Morgan with a big smile on his face. "Look at that. Hah! That's awesome!"

mistalina13
Morgan grinned. "Thought you'd like that. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I tried my best...it's based from the other dragon gods in the game."

It had taken her a few hours just to manage a clean, decently balanced copy of it; after all there weren't many dragons in the pantheons associated with the game.

"The rest is best guesses...and things you've told me about him."

Alignment: Lawful Neutral. Portfolio: Balance, Chivalry, Courage, Sky. Domains: Good, Law, Protection.

Those were just tidbits from what the sheet listed.

Sosiqui
"It looks good... from what I know, anyway." Crispin was definitely amused; he sat down on the loveseat still reading the sheet.

"I have been reduced to statistics and feats... but well-reduced," Shaiming said, cheerfully. "My thanks, Morgan."

mistalina13
"I'm glad you like it...and that I didn't make any mistakes." Morgan walked to the loveseat and sat herself down next to Crispin. "There are little bits and pieces missing...which you would only need for combat purposes...because I didn't know what to put down..."

Mostly his weapons, some skills. Nothing really major considering how rarely deities actually were reduced to combat in the game.

She smiled sheepishly. "I can always add those in later though."

Sosiqui
"It seems fine, though it looks like we forgot to add something..." Crispin grinned, and mentally poked at Shaiming. "A partner." He sighed then, though, his smile fading a little. "I'm sorry your love isn't here, Shaiming..."

"It is no matter. He would not care to be here even if he were present..." The words were spoken matter-of-fact, without any sign that the speaker was hurt by them. "I am an old dragon, you are the young lovers. Such is the way of life. It moves in cycles - that is how it is. Even Destruction and Creation perform that dance."

mistalina13
Morgan leaned over and wrapped an arm around Crispin's waist and scooted close to him, resting her head against his shoulder.

"Everything does." She murmured absently before glancing up at Crispin, not knowing what else to say.

Sosiqui
"It is simply how the world moves. Enough," Shaiming said, pleasantly - but there was a slight edge to the words, just enough to indicate that he'd rather they drop the subject.

Crispin wasn't stupid. "So tell me about the other gods you met! What were they like?"

mistalina13
"I've only caught glimpses of others during my wandering...but I haven't actually spoken to any other gods, other than Rio or Nergal." Gratefully she hadn't crossed paths with Destruction, or someone else dangerous for that matter.

Sosiqui
"Was... Rio, was it? How was he? I knew there was one other Love god..." Crispin looked vaguely puzzled.

"Most of the great domains are paired, two gods over the opposing aspects of each. Like the Darkness-That-Smothers and the Darkness-That-Shelters. Both are Darkness, but different, and together they create the whole," Shaiming explained. "It is well that there are two of Love awake in the world, for one of them was silenced for her part in injuring Creation."

mistalina13
"Rio was nice, kind...polite...seemed like quite a romantic person, from the way he spoke and acted."

Morgan listened to what Shaiming said as well and was a little suprised. "Silenced..." Wow, talk about divine retribution.

Sosiqui
"Shaiming found out what happened and explained it to me - he says he felt some of it while he was in the jewel, but not exactly what occurred..." Crispin looked uneasy. "Lucius, that's Universe, and the god that Shaiming has, um, feelings for..."

The dragon said nothing.

"Um. He loved Harmodius, Destruction, but then he was in his aspect of Creation. Two sides of a coin, you know? But Harmodius refused Universe's advances, so he dealt with the female Love and they made a plan, and the upside was that Lucius stabbed Harmodius... he lived of course, but it started the tilt towards Destruction. And it's not supposed to be like this; it's supposed to be balanced..." Crispin sighed. "It's so complicated. But for her part in it Love was silenced."

mistalina13
Morgan nodded, it made since. Everything here involving the gods seemed to be much like a tangled web; all the strands twining into one another. She leaned over and kissed his cheek lightly.

There needed to be something to lighten the mood, it seemed both Crispin and Shaiming needed to relax.

"Would you like a shoulder rub...?" She asked and ran her fingers through the back of Crispin's hair gently. "...it might help you relax."

Sosiqui
"Sure... thank you." Crispin sighed and shook his head. "It seems like you're always doing everything for me, and all I can give you is temporary things - flowers that wilt way too fast, chocolate that... will be eaten," he added, with a grin.

Me, he thought, but did not say.

"I am sorry to contribute to the chocolate's disappearance. It's hard eating for two," Shaiming said, deadpan.

"Hey! You make it sound like I'm pregnant or something!" Crispin delivered a mental swat to the dragon.

mistalina13
Morgan smiled and laughed. "Oh your both so silly sometimes." She started rubbing Crispin's shoulders then. "But it's adorable and just makes me love you more."

She nuzzled his throat then kissed it playfully. "And I'm lucky to have you."

Even if it is only for a little while. She added, to herself, as an afterthought.

Sosiqui
"Love who? Me or him?" Crispin teased, tilting his head back, and making an appreciative sound as Morgan's shoulder-rub started to calm down the tenseness in his shoulders - it seemed like there was always something to be tense about, these days. "I can't imagine what most girls would think, having a boyfriend with a literal voice in his head... that even talks out loud, sometimes... you're a definite treasure for that alone!"

"I am not a voice in your head, I am a Dragon King," Shaiming said, peevishly. "All the... hm. How odd. Pharmaceuticals to do away with voices in your head? I'd like to see someone try that on a god."

"Hey, stop digging around in my memories! Morgan, never ever do this gem thing if you value your privacy." Crispin grinned wryly, knowing it was a lost cause - he and Shaiming had grown close to the point that the dragon could hardly NOT see what was in his mind.

mistalina13
Morgan giggled. "You should see all the "cures" for things there are where we're from, some of them are downright ridiculous..." She continued to rub his shoulders and neck as they talked.

"When you'd like me to stop, just let me know....and as far as privacy goes, I've had since I got here then when I was at home. Not that I'm planning on anything like that..."

Why was she in this world then? She frowned slightly and shook her head.

Sosiqui
"No no, don't stop yet..." Crispin said. "I might have put on some muscle and stuff from Shaiming's sword training, but as far as I'm concerned that just means it's more to get all tense and twisty when there's stress... ooh."

"Crispin was not planning anything either," Shaiming interjected, his tone affectionate. "But Toki sensed the ideal host in him - or perhaps sensed that the person I was calling for was him, and with the aid of Lord Harmodius' power, since He wishes all the gods to be reborn... Toki was able to momentarily bridge the gaps between worlds and call Crispin to me..."

"In my bathrobe and slippers," Crispin said, with a sigh. "And of course the first person I saw was a girl, and of course I fainted in front of her and felt like a doofus later... but that's just as well, because she wasn't who I was looking for." He reached up and squeezed one of Morgan's hands. "If nothing else you came to this world with far more dignity... and clothing."

mistalina13
"M'kay...I should give you a proper back massage one of these days."

Morgan grinned. "Rio said something about his host seeing you in your pajamas." She giggled and kissed his cheek. "You two do seem well suited to each other though."

She squeezed his hand gently in return. "And my gaming gear. Which was good for both of us." She grinned widely. "I was trying to take a short cut home, in a city I should know by now..and I got lost." She blushed sheepishly.

"But, it's the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Sosiqui
"No regrets? Don't you... miss people? I do, sometimes... but they wouldn't understand." Crispin sighed. "My housemates would think I was crazy, and my parents... would probably try and have me committed or try and cut Shaiming's jewel right out of me."

Shaiming snorted. "Let them try! Even so reduced as I am, I would teach them the strength of the Dragon Kings."

"Easy there, nobody's really going to do that," Crispin said, quietly. "That's part of why I'm not going back... that and I don't know how, and if I did get back I'm not sure how I'd return. I don't want Shaiming to be stuck somewhere he's not supposed to be... I was called here, so I have to stay."

"But Morgan arrived in another place," Shaiming mused aloud. "Harmodius has not called for her; perhaps her coming is simply a coincidence. This world is a very open one, easy to travel to."

mistalina13
"My parents worry about my little brother, not me. I'm the "good" child." Morgan rolled her eyes. "Sometimes I wish I wasn't so damned obedient." She stopped rubbing his shoulders and slid her arms around him.

"I can understand that." She rested her head against his shoulder, then gave him a gentle squeeze. "A big coinsidence then." This was one of those times, when you wonder if fate was actually real.

Sosiqui
"Mmm." Crispin reached one arm up to awkwardly 'hug' back. "I wonder what they think, sometimes. Where they think I went, what they think happened to me... I'm sure they care, but even when I think about them being frantic... it makes me uncomfortable, but I can't turn my back on what I have here... not Shaiming, not you."

mistalina13
Morgan sighed softly. "My parents probably figured I ran away." She nuzzled his neck and kissed it lightly again. "I love you."

Sosiqui
"Me too. Er, love you, not love myself," Crispin said, finally turning around in the chair to face her. "That's better... now I can retaliate!" He grinned, wickedly, and reached for Morgan-

"Dinner!" Toki trilled from the doorway, and Crispin snapped bolt upright immediately. Shaiming snickered, internally.

"Toki! Um. Yes. Dinner! What did you make?" He quickly got up and took Morgan's hand. There was a small table and two chairs, the size of what one would find at a sidewalk cafe, back by the windows - and while the bruised sky and the red glow of the lava might not have been absolutely picturesque, at least the window itself was pretty.

The Aoide was carrying a covered tray, which he set down on the table, and then pulled out both chairs. "Sit, sit, please, Master, m'lady..."

mistalina13
Morgan covered her mouth to stifle her giggle when Toki came in. She took Crispin's hand and followed him to table. Curiously she peeked out the window for a moment, then shook her head. Had the stars been there, it wouldn't have been so bad.

She smiled at Toki and waved a little at the Aoide. "Okay."

Sosiqui
"After you," Crispin said courteously, holding the chair for Morgan and pushing it in for her, before going to sit down in his own place.

Toki was fairly vibrating with excitement. "And first, the hors d'oeuvres!" He whisked the cover off of the tray to reveal a plate covered with delicate, tiny treats - miniature quiches, delicate fruits, crackers with cheeses or meats on them. "Sadly, I could not find any good wine... Destruction's taint has caused the sources I knew of to ferment overly and go off," the Aoide said, sadly. "So there is fresh water."

"Wow..."

mistalina13
"Thanks." Morgan smiled at Crispin, blushing faintly. Then she noticed what the Aoide presented. "Wow...Toki."

Sosiqui
Toki bowed. "Please - enjoy, and call for me when you are ready for the next course..." He withdrew, quickly, and Crispin blinked.

"Next course?!"

Shaiming chuckled. "You must become used to the... ah... 'perks'? of being a god. Such a pleasant beginning!"

The dragon's own attraction to the food was making Crispin's mouth doubly water. "Okay, okay, shut your - our - whatever... mouth, so I can put food in it!" He grinned sheepishly at Morgan, then gestured at the plate. "After you, love..."

mistalina13
Morgan was suprised as Crispin was. Toki was one busy rabbit. "Oh..okay." She smiled again before plucking a piece of fruit from the plate and popping it into her mouth. "Mmm.."

Sosiqui
"And you can enjoy the perks of dating a... er... future god... thing... sorta," Crispin said, bemused. He picked up a bit of cheese, and was surprised at the taste - nothing like the processed stuff in his fridge at home! There was something to be said for food that wasn't selected and cooked by college-age males.

"Try one of the meat ones, Crispin - you too, Morgan, they look good - oh, is that salmon?" Shaiming was at full attention, and Crispin felt as though he was being oddly squished - the dragon wasn't trying to shove him out of the way, but there was still a sense of pressure, of crowding.

"Okay, okay... one for me..." Crispin picked up one of the treats that Shaiming indicated. "And one for you," he added, impishly, holding one out to Morgan at mouth level. "Ah?" He grinned.

mistalina13
Morgan giggled. "Okay...ah..." She opened her mouth enough for Crispin to feed her.

Sosiqui
Crispin obliged, though it was a little awkward - how did they manage to do things with such aplomb on television and movies, anyway? Pft. "Okay, that wasn't quite as, er, graceful as I've seen," he admitted, feeling a little dumb, but at least he hadn't smashed the thing up her nose or something.

It was fine. Try a strawberry?

"What, talking in my head now huh?"

"Oh, I thought you wanted me to be quiet so you could put food in the mouth, instead of me using it,' Shaiming said, just to be contrary. "But mmf-"

Crispin shut Shaiming - himself - whatever - up by putting in a strawberry, and remembered anew that Shaiming's talking still used his own mouth and lungs... and promptly ended up in a coughing fit as he tried not to breathe berry.

mistalina13
Morgan ate the morsel and smiled. "S'alright darling." She giggled a bit, until he nearly ended up choking. "Crispin! Are you okay!" She started to get up from the chair.

Sosiqui
Crispin flailed one hand at her, trying to be reassuring, his words interspersed with coughs. "I'm.... fine! .... Don't... worry!" He grabbed his water glass and drained it, then coughed a bit more... then stopped.

"That was stupid."

Shaiming didn't dignify that with a response, to Crispin's relief.

mistalina13
Morgan sat back in the chair and sighed with relief. "At least your okay..." She shook her head, "...be careful silly."

She smiled a little after she spoke, just to reassure him. "I wouldn't want to have to explain to Toki why you keeled over or something...."

Sosiqui
"You would not have had to," Shaiming said, firmly. "A mere fruit is no match for me, and I have a vested interest in keeping Crispin as well as possible... believe me." The dragon sounded a bit fiercer than usual, and there was a strong tinge of protectiveness to his thoughts.

"Well, good to know..." Crispin cought one last time, then gave Morgan a sheepish look. "I think I might be ready for the next course... whatever that is. How about you? I can have Toki set these aside for later."

mistalina13
"Sure, Crispin." Morgan smiled and shifted to resettle herself in the chair.

((Complete; though not on-'screen' - dinner continued and much enjoyment was had by all. wink ))

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:42 pm
User Image
My Favorite Place in the World
Solo Roleplay 03

How long has it been, since I’ve been here? Weeks, a Month; it could be even longer than that for all I know. It doesn’t really matter, seeing as this is happiest I have ever been in my life. It’s strange, seeing as I’m so far from everything and everyone I knew. Then I found you, my knight-in-training, sitting on a street side bench, never knowing you would change my life.

It was the evening of Valentine’s and Morgan sat at the desk in her little room, running a brush through her hair as she stared idly into the mirror, entrenched in her own thoughts. She had come in here to change into her pajamas and get herself ready for bed.

The brush stopped in her hair a moment and she smiled.

That first time I kissed you, it was so awkward, but that look you gave me after was the cutest. Somewhere between shock and awe I suppose. I think part of me knew for sure how I felt there and then, even though the rest of me wasn’t willing to admit it just yet.

It was just nice to have you nearby. Your smile, the touch of your hand on mine, it all made me endlessly giddy. You appreciated me for who I am, and I owe you so much for that, to you and Shaiming both. I can be myself without worry.

She ran the brush through her hair, one more stroke on each side before setting it on the desk in front of her. Then she carefully began the task of braiding her hair for the night. Perhaps she should hurry, seeing as she was sleeping in Crispin’s room.

I don’t know when it was, but I realized I’d fallen in love with you, Crispin...my Knight.

It had taken a talk with Love, to put things in perspective for her. For her to realize that maybe she should say something, especially if he would fade soon. Then that talk with Shaiming, she owed the Dragon even more now.

It was an accident, when I told him the truth. I had meant to say it in more ‘graceful’ way. But, I don’t regret it, and in the end it worked out. Now your mine, and I cherish every minute we have together.

With that thought in mind, Morgan wrapped the scrunchie around the end of her braid.

Now, time to go snuggle and fall asleep in his arms…my favorite place in the world.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:44 pm
User Image
Empress in the Ashes
Morgan goes down to the throne room and meets Kishara.
Joint Roleplay 07

Lady_Ourania
Her seat on the hearth was cold, but not troubling enough to force her to move from the perch as she stared pensively at the smoke-streaked inner sanctum of the fireplace. It hadn't been used in quite some time, its placement behind the throne not conductive to anyone stoking a cheery blaze, but the remnants of past fires still remained. Pale fingers produced intricate lines and symbols in the small pile of ash she'd gathered and spread out, any misshapen stroke done away with a careless flick of her wrist. If the world was a heap of fine embers arranged into imprecise patterns then Destruction was the casual flip that sent it spinning away into nothing. A blank slate.

Kishara stopped that line of thinking with a sigh, reaching up to rub the minute scratch across her cheekbone before considering the sooty dabs it would leave behind. It had been months since she'd called on her old love, and she was still working up the nerve to do so again while constructing the excuse she would use for calling Him up. Supposing He did appear at all. Another botched demand would likely give her a new set of slow-healing bruises, but the marks along her neck had faded, leaving dark traces like henna ink, and so she knew that the time was drawing nearer. He had promised not to go too far, but something in her chest felt pinched with dread whenever she looked outside and found that nothing had changed.

I am a fool. Did He know that, when He told them to flock to me?

War was on the rise, and she could feel the Others beginning to awaken, all their aspects just as dark. The thought of Gideon felt like a stake burying itself in her chest, but it passed after a time, and she breathed in deeply enough to taste ash on the back of her tongue. Despite her initial impulse, she hadn't kicked the ailing Were out of her chambers, but she could see Melanthos in his eyes when she spared him a glance, and it bothered her deeply. Had Ishum known of War's influence when he'd dropped the wolf off? Had Nergal? Was she destined to lose every mortal companion she'd encountered as they were brushed aside to make room for the awakening gods? The goddess set her teeth and pressed her hand into the cinders, leaving a perfect imprint behind. Apparently so. Maybe it would be best for everyone concerned if she stayed hidden away in Love's abandoned corridor.

mistalina13
Morgan crept downstairs, looking for something to do or someone to talk to since Crispin and Shaiming were otherwise occupied. Reaching the bottom she scanned the room to see if anyone was about, or if the throne was occupied. Seeing it wasn't she toyed with the idea of hanging around down here for a while until something better to do came along.

She walked quietly toward one of the couches, until a small noise from near the throne caught her attention and she turned back. What was that? Carefully she crept over to investigate.

Lady_Ourania
She'd missed spotting the girl stealing down the stairs, still occupied by the realization that she hadn't entirely accepted Melanthos' hostile takeover of her mentor. It was sinking in slowly, but not the least bit gently, and her eyes were dull when she finally spun around, drawing herself up so that one knee still rested against the hearth while the other leg supported her weight. There was a dagger concealed under the pale flow of her garments, but she resented using it and paid it little mind as she scanned the dark backdrop of the throne room.

"Who is there?" She called, making her tone as imperious as possible while finding herself internally dismayed at what might have arrived while she'd been chasing around errant thoughts. Had Destruction sensed her and come of His own accord? But no, His entrance would have been preceded by billowing smoke and extravagant flame. Then who?

mistalina13
So someone was there.

She walked around the throne, making a point to give it a wide berth as she could. Even unoccupied it make her nervous, just like a lot of this place. Looking for the source of the voice, she spotted someone near the hearth.

Making sure to keep her hands in full view, lest it make whomever that was nervous, she introduced herself. "My name is Morgan." Smiling a little she took a few more steps toward this person before stopping.

Lady_Ourania
A girl, her looks perhaps a bit mousey but not unattractive, came cautiously around the side of the throne. Kishara did not immediately recognize her, and further consideration proved that she had never encountered someone named Morgan before. Even Persephone was in agreement that they'd never met, but that didn't cause the goddess much apprehension or suspicion. Apparently regular people still dwelled within the city limits and were drawn to the splendid sight of the Pantheon.

A shame. They would have been better off running in the opposite direction.

"My apologies, Morgan. I thought you were... someone else." Her own returning smile was less sincere, but there was nothing deceitful hidden in the careful tilt of it. "I am Kishara."

Her gaze became slightly more curious, edging on scrutinizing as she supplemented her cursory glance with a closer examination. Was this young woman another moth, drawn by the flickering promise of some god? Or was she simply a passerby, seeking out nourishment that the destroyed city could no longer offer? She looked well fed and clean, definitely not a child of the streets. A temporary worshipper then, perhaps rooming with her chosen deity as so many others were wont to do.

"Were you seeking someone?" Gaia queried gently, trying to tease the soot out of her skirts with the back of her hand. "Or simply wandering?"

mistalina13
"Nice to meet you, Kishara." Morgan nodded, obviously unaware of who she was speaking to. "Wandering, mostly, though not entirely sure why I decided to come down here."

She looked the other female over as well. Red hair, just a little bit taller than she is. Definately no one Shaiming had mentioned. Was she one of the Gods, or something else?

Almost awkwardly she shoved her hands into her jeans pockets. Eerie silences like this unnerved her.

Lady_Ourania
Morgan spoke of coming down, which clearly meant she'd been somewhere on the upper level, giving Kishara a subtle confirmation. The matter of who she spent her time with and why was none of her concern, though she would have openly expressed interest had the young woman seemed willing to tell. "Ah, I see. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well, though this is admittedly not the ideal setting for any first meeting."

The girl seemed at once at ease and nervous, almost as though she couldn't decide which sentiment was warranted. She was a curious slip of a woman, if nothing else, though it was obvious that the quiet they found themselves in didn't agree with her. The goddess had never been particularly aware of silences, the great majority of her time spent observing in place of running her mouth. Perhaps it was yet another failing trait.

"I was just going upstairs for some tea, actually." Her other knee came around as she straightened her leg out, bare feet making no noise on the hardwood floors. Gideon had left that morning, grandson in tow and without a word to her, so at the very least the timorous Morgan would not be subjected to his blunt mannerisms. That Melanthos would have encouraged such a severe aspect above all else simply made her innards feel gelatinous. "If you are not otherwise occupied, would you care to join me?"

mistalina13
"I'd really like that." She smiled again, trying to mask her nervousness. Because being down here gives me the creeps. She pushed her wire frame glasses up on her nose and brushed some of her long hair over her shoulder.

Lady_Ourania
Again that hesitant smile; Gaia wondered if she should have been more wary of the woman-child, so reluctant to offend or to even speak too loudly. Perhaps it was merely the environment, restraining both of them in invisible cords that quietly stirred across the ashen floor like winding serpents.

"If you will come this way then." She murmured, gesturing to the stairwell before starting up herself, wings flaring up to an attentive position on her back as though leery of ascending the incline without the added balance. "I have a variety of blends, but if you have a favorite, simply tell me and I would be happy to accomodate."

The hall was bland, as though preparing Morgan for the jeweled gardens that populated what had once been Khiviance's old room. When Kishara opened the door she immediately had to fend off the affectionate ivy that had wound around the frame, the strands ready to drop down on unwelcome guests and steer them back out again. "Please do not mind the plants: They are largely harmless. You can take a seat over there by the orchids, if you'd like. Refreshments will be available as soon as I can find them."

mistalina13
Morgan nodded and followed her up the stairs, a little suprised when Kishara's wings opened, she hadn't noticed them before. "O-oh. I don't have a favorite really." She made sure to leave enough distance in between the two of them so she didn't run into Gaia, or bump into her wings.

The sight of Kishara's quarters suprised her, mostly all the living plants. It was certainly a change from the bleakness outside. "It's so lovely in here..." She smiled, looking around at all the plants, before sitting down near the silk orchids. "...everything is so alive..."

Lady_Ourania
Kishara paused for a moment in her search, glancing around the room as though actually seeing it for the first time. "Yes, I suppose it is quite charming in comparison." She replied modestly, finding the bags containing the loose leaves without much undue fumbling and uncovering the glass tea pot along with the candle she used to heat it. "It will not be the best tea you've ever had, not by any stretch of the imagination, but I do hope it will serve its purpose."

The goddess sat across from Morgan, her cluttered table between them as she settled items elsewhere to make room for the delicate teaware as well as discussion. "You will pardon me if I seem a bit... out of sorts? It has been a while since I've had welcome company."

Company, yes. But welcome...

"Do you live here, Morgan, or are you simply visiting?" The question was innocuous enough, and there was nothing in her tone to indicate that it held a deeper meaning. She rinsed out the pot before filling and placing it over the glass holder, a fragrant mix dotted with dried rose and sunflower petals going into the filter. Using her pilfered lighter to ignite the already blackened wick of the candle and slide it beneath, the woman examined the configuration before giving a subtle nod to herself and looking back to her guest. "Fruit?" She added, glancing around to see what seemed ripe.

mistalina13
She nodded, her gaze continuing to flick around the room until the question of whether she was a resident came up.

"I live here." She smiled softly at Kishara; the question hadn't suprised her, everyone she had met here had asked it. Her hands rested her lap and her posture was relaxed. This place had a calming effect on her, since it was so full of life, unlike the bleak outdoors.

"Oh...sure." She reached up a hand and brushed a lock of hair behind her ear and her gaze begin to drift again, her curiosity was getting the better of her.

Lady_Ourania
"Ah," Unless Destruction had been feeling particularly generous, Morgan was rooming with someone. Whether or not it was a god she knew had not been disclosed, but she was patient enough to wait for the girl to slip instead of asking outright. It seemed only right to tumble back into serenity after her explosion with first Nergal and then Gideon. Her endurance was wearing thin, and she felt no need to exercise it further by fretting over information that was not of dire importance.

Kishara reached out to manipulate a drooping branch, gently removing an irregularly shaped globe of green and placing it on the table. She then opened a drawer in the wooden tower of cedar beside her and pulled out a short knife, suddenly pleased by Alexander's organizing tendencies as she sliced the succulent fruit into four equal pieces. Once finished, she took out a clean cloth and set it down to serve as a plate before laying the pale sections out for Morgan to choose as she pleased, refraining from touching them herself.

"Do you like your tea strong?" It was impossible not to smile slightly at the wonder overtaking the youth's features, almost as though she'd been introduced to something more novel than the overcrowded collection of green. The plants behind her swayed like a heatwave as she adjusted in her seat, waiting for a forthcoming answer with an inquisitive tilt to her head. It was better to talk to another person instead of consulting the castoff charcoal on the hearth, even if the conversation wasn't exactly stimulating since her guest was so enchanted with her surroundings.

mistalina13
Her attention snapped back to Gaia again. "Yes, please, and I'm sorry..." She blushed from embaressment, usually she wasn't quite as distracted.
"...it's just so lovely, like a garden in here." Her hands fell back into her lap. She would wait for the tea before touching the fruit.

Lady_Ourania
"There's nothing to apologize for," She reasoned, retrieving two earthenware cups from beneath the shade of an enormous, heart-shaped leaf and checking their interiors for specks. "Truly, I'm glad you're enjoying yourself..."

Morgan seemed so very young, almost as youthful as Persephone had been in spite of their vastly different demeanors. Watching her was like observing a newborn exploring the world around her for the first time, unutterably precious in their wide-eyed curiosity about everything. Such a thought awoke another, one that was old and concrete with experience cascading over her without warning: a babe clinging to her breast, skin mottled like an unfocused field of wildflowers, the kaleidoscope of colors constantly shifting, as though carried along by slow-moving water. His head was covered in a tangle of deep blue, and his eyes glowed molten amber over black pearl, complementing the daubs of endless light that streaked his frame in reckless splendor.

Her son. Her first son, nursing with chubby limbs curled close and his expression one of wrinkled concentration, endearing in a way that would only serve on the face of a child. The memory was like a firework, exploding in one giant burst of radiance and dispersing in falling embers ever afterward. The goddess had to remind herself to breathe, and she did so quickly, patches of red appearing in her cheeks.

"Tea, yes," She murmured distractedly, delicately taking the handle and pouring the reddened mixture while trying to still the tremors in her hands. How could she have forgotten that? Being a mother was such an integral part of who she had been, who she was. How could that have slipped through her fingers?

Gaia didn't like the feeling of exposure, gently lowering the teapot once she was finished pouring, staring at the fine dusting of leaves and petals that settled to the bottom.

Did he remember?

"Have you ever avoided speaking to someone you loved, simply because you were not certain the breach between you could ever be filled again?" The question slipped out in a soft exhalation, like a feather drifting between them, light and without sharp edges. Was she speaking of the War-eaten Gideon or Universe? Even she wasn't certain any more.

mistalina13
Morgan noticed her momentary distraction and the color that rose in her cheeks, but she decided not to mention it. Kishara must have been lost in thought, it happened to everyone now and again.

She picked up the cup carefully and sipped from it while considering Gaia's question. Lowering after a moment, when she had a suitable answer.

"A friend of mine, I loved her like a sister..." Her gaze turned down toward the earthenware cup in her hands. "...she didn't see it the same, then my family moved away, to another city. We haven't spoken since...."

It wasn't quite the same, but it was Morgan's best guess that the friendship would likely never be mended. She sighed softly, and looked back to Kishara. "I miss her, but I don't think she'd speak to me again."

Lady_Ourania
The goddess didn't know what she had been aiming for in asking such a personal question, nor why the answer did nothing but cause a measure of disappointment to pinch the back of her neck and pour down into her belly. What had she expected? An incident that paralleled so closely that she could learn from it before diving headfirst into her own tangled circumstances? If that was the answer, then perhaps she was better off pleading derangement and holing herself up somewhere to keep everyone else safe. She'd forfeited grace and omnipotence and settled for being earthbound and confused; the trade off was beginning to feel disproportionate.

"I am sorry," Kishara said quietly, noting the very real unhappiness in Morgan's face when she raised her eyes again. "I simply... I do not know. You are so young; and yet this new existence makes me younger still. It is difficult... but I did not mean to revive old darknesses, at least not so that they would purposefully injure you again."

She drank in the silence with her tea, feeling misplaced and uncomfortable in her own skin. There had been so many who had helped her or sought her out only to find she was not the same, handfuls of people that had slipped from her fingers when she'd thought them impervious in her protective grasp. But it seemed that she was fated to save no one in the end, her fingers pried open by the monsters she could neither see nor combat.

mistalina13
Morgan shook her head. "There's no need to appologize. I've pretty much accepted the fact there isn't away to patch things up between she and I; so I just deal with it, and remember things as they were..." That was her best coping mechanism, simply putting things out of her mind, clinging to old memories when appropriate.

She watched Gaia in silence for a few moments, as she sipped her tea before she spoke again and set the earthenware cup on the table. "Are you alright?" Talking about the situation might make Kishara feel better, assuming she was willing to talk at all.

Lady_Ourania
It was a good attitude to have, Gaia supposed, simply accepting what had happened and leaving it at that, dwelling only upon the cheering moments when she chose to at all. The only trouble with trying to utilize such an idea herself was that her own memories were hard to come by and that even if she did manage to unlock them, there was no guarantee that any of the forthcoming recollections would be particularly pleasant to behold.

Sometimes she wondered if it might have been easier to be human.

Kishara started slightly when Morgan's voice rang out, forcing a better grip on her teacup when some of the contents sloshed out onto the table. "... That is a difficult question to answer. I, myself, am well enough, but it seems as though everything around me is unraveling and I should simply follow suit." The red-head set her cup down, using a washrag to blot out the wet stain on the wood as she spoke. "It is a very helpless feeling... one that I cannot seem to dispel.

"It is my own doing, however: I can blame no one else for the mistakes I have made, nor the suffering I bring upon myself." She extended a fragile smile, brushing a few strands of bright hair behind her pointed ear. "I need to take responsibility for the duties I have been evading - that is all."

mistalina13
"S'how I feel all the time. Some times it just comes down to c'est la vie. Don't blame it all on yourself, Kishara, you can't control all that goes on."

Morgan smiled faintly, "Things will look up for you eventually. Just don't stress too much...or it might start showing on your face..." She joked, giggling a little.

She hoped her words would cheer Gaia up, or at least not offend her; that was the last thing she wanted to do. Once she stopped giggling, she picked up a slice of the fruit Kishara had cut up earlier and tasted it.

Lady_Ourania
The advice, though sincere, rang hollow to the goddess as she took another small sip of the herbal brew. It certainly felt like it was all her fault, everything from Lucius' unforeseen behavior to Gideon's approaching demise. What might she have changed, had she been capable? How many could she have saved if she'd been further along in her transformation? If she'd never fallen at all? Even as Kishara thought such things, she felt a measure of frustrated incredulity befall her, reminding her that she had been given no choice when the Fading had arisen to claim her.

I may not be able to control all... but I should be able to manage something. Anything...

But helplessness could only divert her for so long; she was beginning to come to the conclusion that all of the men in her life needed to be addressed individually. Avoidance was a feature of humanity: Such a trait was impossible to upkeep with immortality tagging doggedly at her heels.

"You're right," Kishara assured Morgan that her words had helped, squeezing the expression of trepidation from her features and replacing it with patched-up ease. She lifted a few fingers to her ever-seventeen skin at the mention of her complexion, playfully checking for wrinkles and other blemishes. "I certainly wouldn't wish to start looking my age now," She humored the girl, pleased to see her bite into the pear slices that would never dry out or brown while in her presence.

mistalina13
Morgan smiled, but couldn't help but giggle again. "This is wonderful, the pear I mean, and the fact that I actually found someone female to talk to around here." It was true, in all her time here she hadn't spoken to another female, save Nebula, who didn't seem to want to speak more than a few words at a time to her for whatever reason.

Lady_Ourania
"I am glad to provide for you on both accounts," She sat back in her chair, folding her hands around the porcelain cup and running her thumb across the handle. So Morgan lived with a god then, or at least a fairly masculine deity: that was the implication in her words, even if she hadn't intended it to be present. The goddess found herself regretting the fog of ill thoughts that had restricted her from meeting more of the reborn Edelsteine. It was naturally the hosts that she was afraid of opening communications with, the poor beings who were destined to succumb to the will of their trespassers.

But Morgan had not been called, at least not by anyone that she had spoken of. It was a bit of a relief to come into contact with someone who was in no danger of being consumed, to know she was only being looked upon with one set of eyes, regarded with only one mind.

It was a curious sensation, to sense nothing sinister going on in the background.

She touched the rim of her cup to her lips, inhaling the perfume without drinking, her thoughts stretching like a sleepy cat trying to decide what the day would consist of. Universe first; he would possibly be the most difficult, and she'd circumvented that hurdle for long enough.

"More tea?"

mistalina13
"No, but thank you." Morgan smiled, taking another long sip from the cup before setting it down on the table. Her hands settled back in her lap then. She had noticed the red head becoming more distant, perhaps she was keeping her from things that needed to be taken care of.

"If I'm keeping you from something, I'll go..." She hadn't wanted to be a bother; Crispin might be wondering where she'd gone off to by now anyway, assuming Shaiming didn't have him preoccupied with something.

Lady_Ourania
A grimace flashed across her features, and Kishara had to wonder how she could have managed distraction enough to completely forget her manners. "I am being quite the poor hostess, I see. Please excuse my scattered attention, Morgan, there is just much on my mind..."

'Much' being the crush of emotional turmoil that didn't bear revealing, especially not to a young girl who had expected tea and fruit and was instead subjected to questions of the heart by a potentially unstable deity. At least she felt unstable, maybe it was just the gravity of making a decision that had her so unbalanced. It was a rare occasion that she actually went through with her plans, finding that the deviations which occurred between drawing up and executing them were almost never in her favor. She needed to keep track of the moment, stick to the present instead of plan too far ahead and try to conduct a tenuous future. It was something she would have to work on.

"You are keeping me from nothing that cannot be addressed at a later time." Though not much later, otherwise she was likely to lose her nerve and forgo the trial, only too happy to swallow the demise of such a possibility. "... Though," She added, almost reluctantly in case it was wrongly taken, "You are free to leave at any time you choose. I had not meant to capture your time if you have another to share it with."

mistalina13
"Oh..." She sighed softly and her gaze flicked to the floor. This was one of those situations that she was always unsure about what to do. To stay, even though her hostesses had mentioned she had other things to do, or to go. Morgan didn't want to be rude, or overstay her welcome.

Lady_Ourania
"Stay, please, and enjoy your tea." Kishara finally intervened on both of their behalfs, finding it easier to instruct in place of letting them both hover nervously over the options. The goddess smiled slightly, picking up a piece of the pear and nibbling on one end, hoping it would assure her company that she meant the words. "It was ungracious of me to even mention something that does not involve you. As I said before, it can wait."

She would not forsake etiquette entirely, regardless of what Nergal thought. Gaia was more than capable of being polite, if only she could somehow tap into the resource before she offended Morgan any more than she likely had. The excitement of knowing what to do next, what mistake to resolve before it became any blacker for being overlooked, had nearly overwhelmed her, but that still did not excuse her behavior.

"Is there any particular plant that you like best?" The goddess questioned to draw the conversation elsewhere, stroking a leaflet that had crawled over her shoulder and tickled her ear in a request for attention.

mistalina13
"I don't have a favorite, they're all quite lovely in their own right, even the dangerous ones." That was mostly true, Morgan liked flowers best, but she could never decide on a favorite type. It was like asking any normal girl to choose a favorite dress, or pair of shoes.

She smiled softly and picked up the earthenware cup to take another sip of tea, but paused momentarily before doing so to look at Kishara, then pushed her glasses up her nose. When she got back to her little room in the Aoide quarters, she'd have to adjust them.
Lady_Ourania
Her smile brightened, clearly delighted with the answer Morgan had given. "A good response, I must admit. I suppose I will just have to give you a bit of everything then." Kishara drained the last of her tea, reaching over to a potted plant and collecting a measure of the soil in her palm before depositing it into the emptied cup. With her other hand she beckoned to a few of her younger creations, the plants uprooting to wrap around her fingers, their little heads bobbing sleepily as she gently directed them into the dirt, making certain their roots did not become entangled with one another.

"There are orchids, adder's tongue, violets and carnations, to name but a few. If you keep them within the shop, my influence should remain strong enough to maintain their health. You will need to plant them in a larger container eventually, but this will work for the moment. You can always come to me for a larger vessel if you cannot find one yourself."

She offered the simple gift to Morgan, the tiny threads of green heavy with buds that would bloom given time and space. "To take with you when you go, so that you can feel both peaceful and inspired without effort." The goddess explained.

mistalina13
"Oh, thank you very much Kishara." Morgan smiled, she had been sad when the roses Crispin had gotten for her withered not long ago. She sipped the last the tea from her own cup before setting it on the table again. She reached out then, to carefully touch the young plants curious to get a better look at them.

Lady_Ourania
"You're quite welcome, Morgan." She deposited them into the girl's ready hands and sat back in her chair, feeling glowingly pleased that the small token had been accepted so heartily. It was a bit silly, to give out such trifles at will and hope people would see them for what they were: a bit of herself, not exceptionally vibrant yet, but attempting encouragement nonetheless.

The plants shivered slightly at the young girl's touch, drowsy and somewhat sentient for Kishara's added attention. They would undoubtedly lose much of their mobility once outside the goddess' quarters, but the beginnings of color starting to streak the outside of the buds implied that they would be a beautiful collection.

"I do hope that the tea wasn't too terrible," She said after a pause so that Morgan could examine the gift at her leisure. "I'm so used to brewing my own that I've nearly forgotten what superior blends taste like."

mistalina13
Morgan cradled the cup carefully in her hands, and admired the buds some more. She appreciated the lovely gift, it would certainly be a bright spot in her little room; she had the perfect spot for them too.

She refocused on the goddess and smiled when she spoke again. "Oh, it was just fine. Tons better than when I make it." The last part of that just slipped out and her smile turned a bit sheepish.

Lady_Ourania
The impulsive need to bolt, to slap a salve on whatever damage had been done to the relationship between herself and Lucius had begun to dull gently from the razor-sharp insistence that had come before. It was still there, a distinct pressure against the back of her neck, but it no longer seemed as life threatening as it had been before. She didn't know whether to be relieved or not.

"It takes some practice to brew tea properly," Kishara responded good-naturedly, reflecting on her own experiences with an upward tilt to her lips. "It takes even longer to learn individuals' particular tastes; everyone has a preference. I know a certain man who likes his black and bitter as it can be brewed."

Even as she finished the sentence, the scuffle of clawed feet outside her door informed her that wherever her grizzled wolf had gone to, he'd returned. Her heart slipped up into her throat, and she eyed her guest thoughtfully, wondering what the child's reaction to a very large, very wild creature would be.

"I must apologize to you, Morgan, but it seems as though I have other company waiting in the hall, and I do not believe he will be in a very patient state of mind." At least not with the addition of War weighing on him... "I would let him in and lead you back to your rooms, to make certain nothing befalls you on the way. He will be in... poor spirits, and I would not wish for him to make a lasting impression on you."

mistalina13
"I'll keep that in mind." Morgan nodded, grateful for the advice. "S'alright. I should be getting back anyway." The Dragon's squire would be wondering where she was by now probably.

She got up from the spot she had been seated quite carefully, to avoid disturbing any plants while still cradling the earthenware cup against her. "Thank your your company, and the tea. It's been wonderful." She managed a little bow to Kishara, the best she could do without dropping the young plants.

Lady_Ourania
It was a touch embarrassing to usher Morgan out simply because Gideon had arrived, but she knew well enough that the Were was still as sore as she after their last discussion and it was for the best that no one else be in the room when they opened up yet another disastrous line of communication.

"Again, I apologize." Kishara said sincerely, rising quietly to move down the narrow path that was not occupied by her plants. "Please, do come back some time for tea and conversation. I very much enjoyed it as well, and it is a rare delight to speak of things that do not involve... discord."

She waited until Morgan was directly behind her before opening the door, moving slightly so that her lithe form was in front of her unprepared guest's as the wolf entered, his grandson darting in between his long legs. His silvery fur was tarnished, the musky smell of him nearly overpowered by the scent of whatever he had killed to feed his younger pack mate. Kishara held her breath as he lifted his nose to the air, ears threatening to flatten against his head when he came to the conclusion that someone else had been in his territory.

"Behave," She ordered when the heavy gold of his eyes turned on her, his gaze immediately spying the female that she had manipulated to a safe place. The canine snorted, at once showing his displeasure and disinterest as he turned to follow Milo further into the room, his walk noticeably stiff.

A sigh of relief before she moved to let Morgan out of the niche she'd forced her into, smiling apologetically even as she kept at least part of her attention focused on the moody Gideon. "As promised, I will escort you to wherever you are staying."

mistalina13
"It's okay." Morgan nodded, moving behind Gaia as she went to open the door. The scent of the wolf started to get to her, she did her best to be polite, but she did wrinkle her nose a bit. She drew in a breath and held it when Kishara's guest focused his attention on her, letting out a little relieved sigh when he walked away.

She nodded again. "Thank you, it's not too far."

Lady_Ourania
Once she was positive Gideon had no intention of backtracking and causing her intense mortification, the goddess allowed Morgan to guide her toward their destination. It had gone better than she could have anticipated; maybe she'd overreacted to the thought of the wolf meeting the unprepared girl? Morgan hadn't even seemed surprised by his appearance, only slightly disgusted by his smell. Whoever she lived with must have had strange visitors who dropped in at random as well.

"He is normally safe to be around," She explained gently, feeling a curious obligation to defend her canine friend. "But we had a... quarrel earlier, and I cannot tell how it will affect him. I would prefer to speak to him alone so that his displeasure would not be drawn to innocent bystanders such as yourself. He will settle eventually, but I can hardly blame him for his upset." The scratch on her cheek burned a faint reminder, but she did not touch it.

A few doors passed, some of them rooms that were or had been occupied. She did not know who still dwelled within the shop limits and who had abandoned their residence along with all hope, but Gaia thought she felt eyes on her as she walked, waiting to see which threshold Morgan would select.

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:45 pm
User Image
A First Date...That Ends With A Police Chase?
The Rabbit Aoide found a portal to Earth, so Crispin takes Morgan on an adventure date, but it doesn't end as planned.
Joint Roleplay 08

Completed Roleplay

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:46 pm
User Image
Sleepless Nights, One After Another
What do you do, when your so worried you can't sleep?
Solo Roleplay 04

A sleepless night, though definitely not the first; Morgan paced the length of her small room, wishing she had her easel and paints. At least then she would have something else to focus on besides the time that used to speed by, but in her eyes it had stopped, leaving nothing but worry and restlessness for all those in its wake.

She let herself collapse onto the bed, staring idly at the blank ceiling but not really paying it any attention at all. She was far too lost in thought, trying to imagine the night sky with all its stars, being able to lay out under them all night with her Dad. That had been her best comfort when she was upset or worried about something.

Her eyes closed and she turned, curling into a fetal position on the bed. She wouldn’t fall asleep; she’d tried many times over the last few days to no success. Damn her worrying. It was something she couldn’t stop, despite Shaiming’s words, his promise. She was still afraid for them both.

She uncurled and rolled over on the bed, letting her feet fall over the side, planting them on the floor and forcing herself to her feet again. It was time to try going for a walk to clear her head. If nothing else, maybe it would exhaust her and let her sleep.

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:48 pm
User Image
Dragon-Cat & Mouse
Morgan wanders downstairs on a sleepless night and meets Zhijian.
Joint Roleplay 09

mistalina13
Morgan wandered down the stairs not particularly caring who was downstairs. She hadn't slept in a few days, and wasn't in the greatest mood. She stuffed her hands in her jeans pockets and stared at the floor as she walked, suddenly stopping when she noticed a blue paw right in front of her feet.

Then she looked up and noticed what said paw was attached too and jumped backward, emiting a little suprised squeaking sort of noise.

Meepfur
Zhijian had been drowsing off and on since his meeting with Illumin, comfortable in the heat so close to the throne. Things had been very quiet, making it easy to just drift in and out. So when the sound of footsteps filtered through the dozing haze, his only reaction was to crack open those green eyes of his just in time to see someone's shoes.

He raised his head and blinked lazily at the girl, licking his maw. His mouth had gotten a little dry. "Hello, little mouse," he rumbled in greeting.

mistalina13
"Uhm...hello." Morgan smiled nervously and took a few steps back, slipping her hands out of her pockets and waving to the large feline, at least that's what she supposed this being was. "My names Morgan, actually."

Meepfur
"You make noises like a mouse, Morgan," he said, giving himself a little stretch, claws flexing, before curling back up. He was terribly comfortable and saw no need to rise. "I am Zhijian, Fangbridle."

mistalina13
"It's nice to meet you; I just didn't expect anyone else to be down here." Morgan drew her hands behind her back and smiled softly. She remembered something Crispin had mentioned, about meeting a host who was a large feline. Perhaps this was the one he had spoken of.

Meepfur
Zhijian eyed his clawed fingers absently, examining his padded hand in vague disinterest. "It is a common room, is it not?"

mistalina13
"True, it's just not many come down here...at least not that I've seen." She frowned slightly then, guessing she was boring him. "I'll go if you like, then you can get back to whatever it was you were doing."

Meepfur
Zhijian laughed aloud, running a hand through his short mane. "Sleeping, as I have been for hours? Hardly a pressing matter." The dragon pushed himself up into a crouch and tilted his head, studying Morgan. His nose twitched as he sniffed to catch her scent. "And why are you here, little mouse?"

"Certainly not a god." He prowled forward, slinking around her on all fours to examine her more closely. "A host? A devotee, perhaps?"

mistalina13
Morgan froze when she was being circled, but he gaze followed him as long as she could manage. "I'm staying here, with my beloved, Crispin, he's a host." She wet her lips and tried to relax.

Meepfur
"Crispin." He rolled the name off his tongue, finally rising to his feet before her. "My host met his, once. He carries Shaiming, yes?"

mistalina13
She nodded. "He does..." She smiled, a little sadly, looking up at Zhijian as he stood.

Meepfur
"And yet you chose him regardless," he mused, lifting his hand to cup Morgan's chin - carefully, well aware that just a touch too much pressure might leave her bleeding. "What a curious mouse you are."

mistalina13
"I love him." Morgan didn't look away, but Zhijian would see the nervousness and exhaustion in her eyes. "Very much so."

Meepfur
Zhijian studied her a moment longer before releasing her. "If you're here, perhaps you will follow him." A slip of a smile snaked back onto his feline face. "Or perhaps Shaiming will keep you?"

mistalina13
"I don't know what else I would do...it's not like I can go home." Morgan pushed her glasses back up on her nose. "I'll end up having to decide something soon, I suppose." She looked away from the Dragon King for a moment.

Meepfur
"Yes." Turning, he paced back to his spot at the base of the bronze statue, leaning against it. "If I have been reborn, surely he is soon to do the same."

mistalina13
She nodded. "He is..." She said softly, returning her hands to her pockets.

Meepfur
"Good." He smiled, not particularly concerned that Tien Lung's birth would be the end of Morgan's lover as she had known him. While not cruel, he wasn't the most empathetic individual. "I look forward to being with one of my fellows again."

mistalina13
Morgan looked away again and sighed softly. "I'll let him know about you, if you wish."

Meepfur
"I would be pleased," he purred, tail giving a brief flick behind him. "I will be where you found me yourself, most likely."

mistalina13
"Very well." Morgan smiled awkwardly. "Perhaps I should return back upstairs..."

Meepfur
Zhijian nodded, letting himself fold gracefully back to his place on the ashy floor. "Farewell then, mousy little Morgan."

mistalina13
"It's nice to have met you, Zhijian." She managed an awkward bow, backed up a few steps before turning and heading back toward the stairs.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:48 pm
User Image
Deepening Bonds
Joint Roleplay 10

mistalina13
Morgan was awake but didn't want to open her eyes just yet. She was in bed with Crispin, snuggled up to him, the only place she felt safe and comfortable these days. She sighed, nuzzled his throat and tightened her grip on him. Last night her body had finally given up and decided it needed rest, so late last night she had come in quietly and climbed into bed beside him, hoping he wouldn't mind.

Sosiqui
Crispin stirred, finally waking up enough to realize there was someone in the bed with him - his sleep was very deep lately, and plagued with dragon's dreams. "Mmm... Morgan?" he mumbled, turning towards her with a yawn.

He sure hoped it was Morgan, and not Nebula.

mistalina13
Morgan half opened her eyes, feeling him stir. "Hey." She shifted so he could more easily turn to face her and gave him a little kiss once he did. "Morning, darling. Sorry to intrude without asking first..." She smiled softly and snuggled against him again.

Sosiqui
"S'okay." He smiled sleepily and rubbed at his eyes before shifting to put one arm around her. "How're you doing?"

Within, Shaiming stirred a bit, but said nothing.

mistalina13
"Better, now that I've actually slept." Three days without sleep tended to make anyone cranky. "You alright?" She yawned a little and looked up at him.

Sosiqui
"Eh..." Crispin rolled over, fumbled his glasses off the nightstand, and put them on before turning back to Morgan, nestling down into the blankets and pillows. "I'm okay. More of the same, I guess... I'm sorry. We shouldn't be acting like this... it's not like we didn't know it was coming..."

Shaiming grumbled, faintly.

mistalina13
"S'alright, love." Morgan blinked, wondering where here only glasses were, only to realise she had fallen asleep wearing them. Lovely. She frowned slightly, pulled them off checking to see if they were bent, before sliding them back on.

"If you wish to stay in bed today, I'll gladly stay and keep you company if you wish." She laughed, then remembered something.

"Oh...before I forget, Fangbridle sends his greetings. I came across him last night while I was out walking, he asked me to pass on the message."

Sosiqui
"Maybe, maybe not. We can play it by ear." Crispin stretched, then resettled. It was kind of nice to just rest, together. "You weren't sleeping...?"

Fangbridle... Zhijian. Shaiming's thought was clear, but so was his hesitation to voice it aloud. The two humans had been rather desperately clingy as of late, and the knowledge that it was his fault - and the usual feeling of being a 'third wheel' - made the dragon reluctant.

mistalina13
"I haven't been, for a couple of days. I'm suprised Toki didn't tell on me. Too much to think about." Too much to worry about. Morgan snuggled close to Crispin again, getting comfy and letting out a content sigh. "My body decided I needed sleep, so I ended up crashing in here." She smiled, a little embaressed.

Sosiqui
"Toki..." Crispin sighed. "Toki's been staring at me whenever he's around, like I'm going to explode or peel away and leave Shaiming standing where I was... and no, Shaiming told me it doesn't work that way," he added, quickly, lest he scare her. "So no, he didn't mention anything."

But that was the same subject they'd been hashing over, melancholy, nearly every time they saw each other now, so Crispin moved to a new one. "Fangbridle... that was the gem in Seppa, the big cat host... so she... changed, then? What was he like?"

mistalina13
Good, the last thing she wanted Crispin to do was worry about her. She looked nervous, but relaxed after a moment.

"Mm..rather nice, rather non-chalant about things, quite a bit like a cat still...it would seem. Kept calling me 'mouse' though." Morgan shook her head. She had only squeaked once, besides she hadn't expected to find a giant Dragon-Cat curled up in the throne room.

Sosiqui
"Quite a bit like a cat?" If the resemblance was only 'quite a bit', then it would definitely be the Dragon King, not Seppa. Crispin felt a twist of sadness; the pard had been kind, and pleasant to be around. Had they really only met once? Why hadn't he sought her out again?

mistalina13
Morgan nodded, "I'm sorry." She reached up and caressed his cheek lightly.

Sosiqui
"Oh, it's okay... but thanks," Crispin said, abashed, but leaned lightly into her caress. "I only met her once... and it's good the Dragon Kings are coming back... the world being right again is more important. It is," he repeated, as if trying to convince himself.

He knew in his mind that it was true, that the worlds restored to balance and normalcy was worth the price of a few mortal lives - more than worth it - but a cranky bit of his heart was still holding out, stubborn.

mistalina13
Morgan smiled up at him, though half heartedly, trying to think of something to brighten the mood. She blushed faintly, was that the only thing she could come up with? Tilting her head she nuzzled his neck and kissed it lightly. Well, at least it was something.

Sosiqui
Crispin blushed, but moved to kiss her back, the tips of his ears bright red. "You always know what to say... or what not to say," he said, with a grin. "You're... so strong."

mistalina13
"It helps, when your whole world gets dumped upside down." Morgan smiled and kissed him in return. "But, I think..." She kissed him again lightly. "...this is the best my life has ever been."

Sosiqui
"We'll bring the stars back, me and Shaiming," Crispin promised, thinking also of the bound god he'd met on the roof of the temple, so long ago. Maybe Shaiming would bring them back for Universe, but he would bring them back for Morgan.

mistalina13
"Your so sweet...both of you." Morgan whispered. "I love you, very much."

The words were meant for them both, but with a differerent meaning. With Crispin it was affectionate, deep and passionate. With the Dragon it was the bond between close friends, she respected and admired him a great deal.

Sosiqui
"Mmm..." Crispin nuzzled her neck, dropping a somewhat awkward string of little kisses. Cuddling in bed like this, and with that desperation again... it was getting difficult to ignore desire. But... how did you ask? This was somehow different than with Laura; there it had been just for the hell of it. "There's a party in my pants, and you're invited..."

The memory made Crispin scowl a bit. He didn't want to go there, in that way, with Morgan. She was too special for that kind of casual, needless fling... so he settled for holding her close, wondering if she felt what he did, and waiting.

mistalina13
Morgan made a little appreciative noise and blushed when she felt Crispin's lips against her throat. "I uhm..." She paused, her voice a little shakey. "...don't suppose, you would be...."

Her voice just sort of died off again, she was too embaressed to even mention the idea, even though she'd thought about it more than once.

She kissed him again lightly, then whispered. "...interested in...well..." Her blushed deepend again and she glanced away.

Sosiqui
Crispin blinked, and flushed beet-red as well, but moved to hold her closer. "In?" he asked, hopefully, reaching for one of her hands and entwining her fingers with his. "I'm... very interested... in anything you want to do right now..."

Shaiming was no fool; the dragon retreated as best he was able. This was definitely not something he was involved in. This was for them alone.

mistalina13
It took a moment before she could look back at him. "Would you, make love with me?" There, she'd manage to say it and not look away, or die of embaressment. But her voice was soft, and she seemed almost shy about it.

Sosiqui
"Make love? I was fairly sure we already had a great deal. I've been generating love for you since I first saw you," Crispin said, teasingly - with no doubt of her desire matching his, the tension broke. "But, if you'd like some more... of course, my princess."

Goofy smile, but Crispin's heart was pounding.

The dragon couldn't resist a soft, affectionate chuckle before he withdrew fully.

mistalina13
Morgan's blush faded and she smiled. She could feel her heart racing as well. "Never can have enough, darling." Then she leaned in and kissed him again...

Sosiqui
Crispin returned the kiss deeply, and moved to get rid of the clothing that was in his way. "I love you," he breathed, amazed at how different it felt, with Morgan... how different it was, when there was love behind it.

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:49 pm
User Image
A Note from the Wise
Solo Roleplay 05

Morgan sat on the edge of her bed, staring at the note that been slid under her door. That was something she hadn’t even considered the night before when she and Crispin had been together. Reading the note over again before folding it in half, she sighed. At least someone had been responsible if they hadn’t. That was a consequence that neither of them would’ve been ready to deal with, plus this was no place for a child…

Falling back against her bed, she silently thanked the Dragon for his note. This was something else she owed him for. She’d see about asking Toki’s help in the morning, she needed rest for now. She fell asleep just after that and the note tumbled from hand, landing on the floor.

Shaiming's Note
Daughter,

I would not have you burdened in these dark times. To that end, I have sought and found a recipe for a herbal tea that will prevent any possibility of a child - while I am certain you and my dear host would produce beautiful babies, it is perhaps best that such a thing not happen in this Age of Destruction.

Forgive me if I step beyond my station in this - I am no mother as Lady Kishara is, but neither am I as... forgetful... as Crispin.

Be well. And remember my promise to you. It will be fulfilled.

~ Shaiming

User Image

[ Journals ]... // Player Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas