Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Tribes
Tidewalkers - No new apps, see 2nd post! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rejam
Vice Captain

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:26 pm
lostandtold

les vagues

phoenix kiss

Appeal

I need blurbs from you at your convenience, please biggrin

Owlied

Could you please? TY biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm
New buttons + Memberlist updated to here!  

Rejam
Vice Captain

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

hybridic

Obsessive Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:27 pm
Aye aye, mon capitan!

Your Kin: Sea Bird
Short tag/title for Kin (check to make sure not already in use): The Determined Daydreamer
A short blurb about your Kin and how s/he fits in to the Tidewalkers or what his or her jobs might be. Subject to oversight by Rejam: Gull is determined to prove herself an integral part of the tribe and works hard to follow any orders she is given to the letter. Though strong and sometimes harsh, her mind has a tendency to wander -- a habit which she hates, and attempts to fight as much as she can, as she sees it as an unacceptable weakness in a tidewalker. Usually when she finds herself drifting off she will drop whatever she's doing and run into the waves to clear her mind.
Permanent resident or come-and-go? permanent  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:15 pm
Your Kin: Squall
Short tag/title for Kin (check to make sure not already in use): The Fighter
A short blurb about your Kin and how s/he fits in to the Tidewalkers or what his or her jobs might be. Subject to oversight by Rejam: A gruff but well-meaning gentleman, Squall is an uncomplainingly hard worker who gets along with most everyone-- except when his temper flares up. Then he struggles to fight back acidic comments and violent urges long enough to drag himself off (often without a word of warning) to scout some far corner of the beach or renew the border symbols, returning only after his mood has passed with bashful apologies and attempts to make amends for his behavior. Fighting his nature has proven as futile as fighting the storms he took his name from, but that doesn't stop him from trying.
Permanent resident or come-and-go? Permanent  

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

Rejam
Vice Captain

Aged Hater

13,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:48 pm
Updated to here (I think, lol)!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Badgerlock and Sea Bird's on-again off-again dalliances have resulted in six gorgeous offspring -- all of whom are likely to end up joining the tribe and living the hardscrabble life of Tidewalkers! Mudlark, Scalded Lung, Firesong, Sunsong and Trill have already been spoken for, and all have miraculously ended up with vaguely music related names. As such, we're offering up the last doe in a little contest designed to continue this theme, and to add to the world of Matope as it does!

In order to win the doe above -- a doe who will become a future Tidewalker, along with her siblings and her parents -- we're asking you to come up with a name that has some kind of musical touch to it, and to invent a song that Kimeti sing. You don't have to write the song; we simply are asking for some details in the form below.

This contest will be open for roughly one week, ending Sunday, July 1st at 8pm EST.

The form, to be posted in this thread to enter:

[i]Doe Details[/i]
[b]Name the Doe:[/b] We're looking for something that could be related to singing, but feel free to be creative/out there with it.
[b]One sentence personality description:[/b] No longer than one sentence!

[i]Song Details[/i]
[b]Name:[/b] Name the song!
[b]Theme:[/b] Romance? Adventure? Adversary? Death?
[b]Mood:[/b] Ballad? Dance tune? Chant?
[b]Story:[/b] If you'd like to write the lyrics, you can, but you're also welcome to simply write out a little blurb about the story it tells.

If you're still confused, or fear this is too difficult, here's a short sample entry.
I used a real song. You shouldn't do this. xP

Quote:
Song Details
Name: Build Me Up Buttercup
Theme: Romance/breakup
Mood: Upbeat dance number
Story: There is a young buck who is hopelessly in love. Unfortunately, the doe he loves is a flirt and a tease, who leads him around by the nose just to leave him hanging. The song is written in the second person, as a plea from the buck for the doe to commit and stop breaking his heart like this.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!  

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:57 pm
Doe Details
Name the Doe: Walking on Fire(if not fitting your demands, let me know and i'll give a different name)
One sentence personality description: She is an upbeat, strong-willed doe who wants desperately to prove herself to everyone.

Song Details
Name: Tired Hooves
Theme: Trial and tribulation
Mood: upbeat ballad?(sorry if this is wrong, i don't know for sure what the genre is called. it's a song that gets you pumped/psyched up.)
Story: 3rd person story of a young kimeti who was always told they weren't strong enough to help with the physical labor or last through arduous challenges. The young kimeti then decides to prove everyone wrong by going on a long journey all alone. During the journey, this young kimeti starts to get tired, but refuses to give up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:27 am
Doe Details
Name the Doe: Shanty (if not world-appropriate, then Gulls Call)
One sentence personality description: A rough-and-tumble, boisterous, bawdy tomboy who's a hard and happy worker, but also always up for a raucous escapade wherever possible.

Song Details
Name: Bitter Bitterleaf
Theme: Character Defamation
Mood: Humorous Ditty
Story: A rather uncharitable little ditty about Bitterleaf made up by a petty buck who'd behaved rather rudely in Tidewalker territory and received the sharp end of her tongue. One would imagine Bitterleaf herself couldn't care less, but the rousing renditions that Shanty occasionally indulges in up and down the shore after having picked it up on a Swamp-foray might get quite annoying...

If you stray to Southern beaches,
Where the sparkling sea bewitches,
You'd better watch out for that worst of Mares:

Her name is Bitterleaf,
And she's bitter - do believe!
If you peeve her - oh - you haven't got a prayer.

She's got lots of creepy powers,
But she only needs to glower
And she'll hex you with a life of dank despair.

So if you ever go a'wand'ring,
On the Southern shores a'maund'ring,
And you cross that bitter Bitterleaf - BEWARE!  

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm
Doe Details
Name the Doe: Off Beat
One sentence personality description: She is the type to do her own thing to help the tribe out.

Song Details
Name: Wild Love
Theme: Sad Romantic Comedy
Mood: Chat
Story: A story of buck on the hunt, only to fail to a sickly doe, that he falls in love with. He chases the fowl for its feathers and to feed the family, but a thin doe takes the bird before he could. Every time, the same doe gets his prey, but she starts leaving some for him. Little bit more each time, like a trail to her den. She catches him in her den, giving him the stay with me or die finding your way home again. He debates, turning to leave and returning to her side. He can tell she needs the help to survive. He fought within himself, finally admitting that he had falling in love with her, but it was too late, she had died while waiting, leaving him all the food she had stored for the both of them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:20 am
Doe Details
Name the Doe: Quiet Hymn
One sentence personality description: Tune is very protective of her clan and family; generally an outgoing doe, she has been known to trail off in deep thought from time to time.

Song Details
Name: Sea Dragon's demise
Theme: Adventure
Mood: Ballad
Story: A favorite of Tune's, it tells of a terrifying stag called Sea Dragon who prowled a ocean side forest after he lost his mind when his mate suddenly died. It is a lesson to young kin that not all mean and cruel creatures are what they seem to be on the outside. But Sea Dragon does not find such sympathy and is slain in an extensive battle with a headstrong buck named Cedar Scales who only learns of the Dragon's true tale as the stag is dying.  

Khody

Dapper Werewolf

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:59 am
Doe Details
Name the Doe: Flame's Crescendo (Blaze)
One sentence personality description: She's usually even keeled, quiet, withdrawn, and easily suited to the Tidewalker's way of life with no complaints and no conflicts, but when she is pushed past her limits she has a flaming bad temper and will attempt to burn down anyone in her path and for a while after, she'll be snappy and hostile before returning to her usual watchful ways.

Song Details
Name: Or Die
Theme: Work Hard, Don't be Stupid Moral
Mood: Rhythmic Work Song Chant Thing
Story:

The sun beats hard
It burns my pelt today

One step forward
Turns to two today

You hunt for the tribe
You work hard or die

Keep you head high
Think with your mind

Hunt, but don't have pride
Or you'll die

Don't fall from cliffs
Don't take leaps

Don't race the eagle
With no plans

You must think things through
Don't live on belief

Think and hunt and work
or die.

click for me singing this at your own risk (your ears may bleed because of my voice)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:19 am
Doe Details
Name the Doe: Battlecry
One sentence personality description: She prefers action to words, courage to diplomacy, and values wit and strength of both mind and body above all.

Song Details
Name: The White Lily
Theme: Mourning
Mood: Ballad/Hymn
Story: A mourning song for when two kin are unlikely to ever see each other again, whether it be because one has died, or they are on different paths. It is typically associated with lovers who have split or are separate by death. The tune is slow and melancholic, and the lyrics reference the passing of seasons, the long winter nights and summer days, as well as a white lily that blooms alone.  

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:09 am
Aaa, okay you guys! All these entries were amazing [and holy s**t Morphy I can't believe you actually recorded yours!!] but taking into account combo of name / personality / song, we've chosen our winner...

Jun D
Congrats! Shanty she is! You about killed Rejam with that song, too. XD

I'll hop off to drop them in the certing thread now. (:

Everyone else should save these songs for world information! Your kin can sing them. :D  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:35 am
*quietly dissolves into disbelieving glee* AAAAAAA I can't believe how friggin' lucky I am! I've stared at her admiringly ever since I first saw the clutch pic and now she's my Shanty?! ಥᗣಥ I'd pretty much given up hope with all the amazing entries - Morphy, your work chant is so amazing I had it stuck in my head while washing dishes for a couple of days (and you sing very well ok)! I'm so so incredibly happy, I'll RP no end out of her, I promise, guys. ;A; Thank you so much for the great contest, blue, I had so much fun with it! Thank you, vagues! Thank you, Rejam, for letting some petty buck defame Bitterleaf. XD;; I AM SO HAPPY. THANK YOU SO MUCH!  

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:25 pm
Congrats to Jun, and morphy made a wonderful song using her beautiful voice.  
Tribes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff