Welcome to Gaia! ::

_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Back to Guilds

Pokeshipping, Palletshipping and so, so much more. 

Tags: Pokemon, Romance, Yaoi, Slash, Shipping 

Reply _~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_
Cilan the Traveling Companion vs Cilan the Gym Leader

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:06 am
Also called Cilan anime vs manga.

Really. I know that there are often differences in the game characters when they come to the anime, (such as Lt. Surge being a freaking GIANT in the anime) but Cilan is like a totally different person. In the game, he's quiet, timid, and can't do anything right (in his mind). In the anime, he's loving, quick-thinking, and FAB-U-LOUS. *sparkles* He's so different, that he's the only character in Bulbapedia to have a different page for his anime character and another one for his game character. I'm not complaining, I actually do like the anime Cilan. It's just such a huge difference. And it causes me problems, since I normally try to stay completely faithful to the games. I have no idea how to meet in the middle, it's so different.
What caused this all? Why? There's a general divide in the fandom over which Cilan is the real one. Why would Pokemon do this to us?

Also, his lack of sclera bother me.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:05 pm
Quote:
He's so different, that he's the only character in Bulbapedia to have a different page for his anime character and another one for his game character.

Misty has a Game character and an Anime character article. As do Dawn, May, Brock, Giovanni, Iris, Professor Oak, Barry, Lyra, and basically any game character that had a prominent or even semi-prominent anime role. Red and Green/Blue have MULTIPLE anime/manga/game articles, especially if you're willing to acknowledge Ash as an expy of Red and Gary as an expy of Green/Blue without throwing a fit about how they're not the same person (because that's not what I'm saying).

Anyway, the characterization between games and the anime is different in a lot of cases. People just need to get over it? I... actually haven't seen this divide any, but anyway, I think it's to each their own. If you want to view fabulous!Cilan as your Cilan of preference, go for it. If you like timid!Cilan, that's your call. People don't HAVE to agree.

[Edit] I mean, if you REALLY want to talk about dividing the fandom, just look at the Red VS Ash arguments, or Pixiv!Red VS game!Red, or any!Red VS any!Red, or that the anime canonized that Ash is still 10 years old.

xxKarachan

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:41 am
xxKarachan
Quote:
He's so different, that he's the only character in Bulbapedia to have a different page for his anime character and another one for his game character.

Misty has a Game character and an Anime character article. As do Dawn, May, Brock, Giovanni, Iris, Professor Oak, Barry, Lyra, and basically any game character that had a prominent or even semi-prominent anime role. Red and Green/Blue have MULTIPLE anime/manga/game articles, especially if you're willing to acknowledge Ash as an expy of Red and Gary as an expy of Green/Blue without throwing a fit about how they're not the same person (because that's not what I'm saying).

Anyway, the characterization between games and the anime is different in a lot of cases. People just need to get over it? I... actually haven't seen this divide any, but anyway, I think it's to each their own. If you want to view fabulous!Cilan as your Cilan of preference, go for it. If you like timid!Cilan, that's your call. People don't HAVE to agree.

[Edit] I mean, if you REALLY want to talk about dividing the fandom, just look at the Red VS Ash arguments, or Pixiv!Red VS game!Red, or any!Red VS any!Red, or that the anime canonized that Ash is still 10 years old.

Yes, Cilan's not the first character to be edited for different media. But he is the first to be this drastic in every way.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:47 pm
Cilan is just mega loveable all around, I enjoy both versions of him. <3 I have a head!canon that anime!Cilan used to be quiet and timid like his game/manga counterpart.  

duskcat

Sparkly Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xscarletsakurax

Shy Regular

8,525 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:56 pm
cilan is funny but he over reacts and goes like "evaluating time"lol all the time yet i dont think hes reached the level of funniness as brock i think its cause im big on the original characters lol  
_~*'[The Original Pokemon Shipping Alliance]'*~_

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games