Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
X-Men the next generation (Accepting/Open) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in Joining
  Yes
  No
  Maybe yes maybe no
View Results

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Era of the MRD and the Sentinels

Ten years ago:
The MRD (Mutant Response Division) is founded by the president of the United States

Seven years ago:
Legislation was introduced requiring mutants to register themselves with the MRD.

Magneto begins to build Genosha, an island nation, to house mutants.

Five years ago:
Mutants (with the most dangerous powers) were beginning to be round up and housed in "facilities."

Three years ago:
The first Sentinels, giant robots built for tracking and hunting mutants, were introduced.

Jean Gray (one of the X-men) disappears.

Two years ago:
Xavier's School for the Gifted was raided and destroyed by Sentinels and the MRD. Professor Xavier dies in the confusion along with several other X-Men.

One year ago:
The doors to Xavier's School for the Gifted open once again under the aliases of Xavier Mansion a home for "orphaned children" run by Emma Frost and Scott Summers. As of yet the school has not been attacked by Sentinels, after all only a fool would open a school for mutants exactly where a school for mutants once stood.

{In Character}{Profile Thread}{Out of Character Thread}

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:25 pm
A war is coming against mutants- or had it already come? Two years ago one of the few safe houses, Professor Xavier's School for the Gifted, in the United States was attacked. Professor Xavier among dozens of other X-Men perished that night two years ago. Students were round up and shipped off to unknown facilities set up by the MRD. Once upon a time, the MRD said they would only target "dangerous" mutants. Now, they have decided all mutants are dangerous. It is not that mutant abilities cannot be dangerous, it is just a gun in the right hands can be dangerous too. The MRD and the government does not see this, of course.

Things are even worse since the MRD announced its creation of a "flawless" mutant detector. A device that detects the mutant gene even before one's power develops. If it wasn't for the million dollar price tag for this device it already would have been set up in every building in the nation.

Not only do they have a device for detecting mutants, the MRD has come out with in the past few months a new technology: mutant collars. Mutant collars suppress a mutant ability with the side effect of killing the mutant after prolonged use. And the good news is, according to the MRD, one of these devices cost only a mere $50. Imagine being able to suppress dangerous mutants for only $50!

A war is coming... homosapien verses homosuperior (mutants). According to Magneto the homosapiens are the ones to lose this war if homosuperior raises up to its proper place in the world. According to the X-Men, a bridge can still be built between homosapien and homosuperior, for all are human. What side will you chose? Magneto's Brotherhood? The X-Men? Or even the MRD?  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:26 pm
Profiles

[b]Character Image:[/b] (Please use a photograph or realistic image, and/or if you prefer provide a somewhat detailed description)
[b]Gaian Name:[/b]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]Code Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b] (Brotherhood/X-Men/MRD/Civilian/Genosha Resident/student at Xavier's school for the Gifted)
[b]Position/Rank:[/b] (see ranks available)

[b]powers:[/b]
[b]basic attack explanation:[/b]
[b]strengths:[/b]
[b]weaknesses:[/b] (EVERYONE has at least one Achilles' heel)

[b]Character's soundtrack:[/b] (If you would like to include a song for the character)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]likes:[/b]
[b]dislikes:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Character Snippet:[/b] (Preferably how your character became affiliated with the side he or she is affiliated with, this is optional, but it would be nice to have the back story. Character can interact with other characters in snippet.)

[b]Character's Text Color:[/b] (If you would like to specify)

Positions

Xavier's School for the Gifted
Headmaster: Scott Summers (Cyclops)-npc
Headmistress: Emma Frost-npc
Teacher:
Teacher:
Teacher:
(Chemistry and Physics) Teacher/X-men: Sebastian Arkain (Physik)-played by ProphecyDestroyer
Head of X-Men team/martial arts teacher: Dean Nixon (Myth)-played by Nova Blancke
X-Men/Student: Cassandra Song Diaz (Love)-played by mc2
X-Men/Student: Felicia Carter (Kerana)- played by Kerana
X-Men/Student (Ex-Brotherhood): Dmitri Kovac (Amp)-played by mc2
X-Men/Student:
Student:
Student:
Student:

Genosha Residents

Leader of Genosha: Magneto-npc (unless someone wishes to claim him)
Leader of the Brotherhood: Alexander William Diaz (Warp)-played by mc2
Brotherhood member: Catherine Smithe (Shadow Walker)-played by PixelMuse
Brotherhood member: Luke Jordan (Calamity/Dark)-played by ProphecyDestroyer
Brotherhood member: Maxwell Flamel (Sorcerer)-played by MC MagicianOfBlackChaos
Brotherhood member:
Brotherhood affiliated: Aimee Perry(Blink)- played by mc2
Brotherhood affiliated/resident: Theonis Acula Richards (Force)- played by Nova Blancke
resident:
resident:

MRD (Mutant Response Division)

Head:Jason Richter (Black Reaper)-played by ProphecyDestroyer
Vice-Head:
Agent: Fenrir (Lobo Carter) - played by AzureEyes_DarkMagician
Agent:
Agent: David Benedict (Hypnos) - played by AzureEyes_DarkMagician
Agent:
Scientist:
Scientist:
Scientist:

Civilians:
ALL POSITIONS OPEN  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:27 pm
Xavier's School for the Gifted
Professor X: Steel is forged through fire, and like it, we have been made stronger. We are prepared for what the future brings. I know this, because I have glimpsed it in the mind of Apocalypse. Many challenges still await us, but I saw some who have been our enemies become friends. And, with a heavy heart, I saw the dearest of friends become the most terrible enemies. I saw my X-Men grow and change. And, of course, I saw that some people never change. But one thing was clear - that no matter what awaits us, terrible or wondrous, the X-Men will always be there, ready. And of that, I am proud.
A school rebuilt one year ago by Scott Summers and Emma Frost. Home to the remnants of the X-Men and the new X-Men and several students who are not yet ready to become X-Men.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:29 pm
Genosha

Magneto: I wish you would consider making Genosha your home. No more violence, no more...

An island off the coast of Africa home to several thousand mutants who have made it their refuge. Also the home of Magneto and his brotherhood.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:30 pm
Rules

1. I am in charge of this roleplay- that makes me important so listen to me.
2. I do promise, however, if I have a request for you I will send a private message, but just because I make a private request does not mean I don't want it listened to.
3. No one liners, I'd rather you spend a couple days (not a month) on a decent post than post a one liner that someone can barely work with.
4. In your post please list your location somewhere easily seen and read. If you want an example of how to do that see my posts. We will most likely have multiple locations, this will make everyone's life easier: trust me.
5. No godmodding (this includes auto-hitting, always give characters an option to dodge)
6.Keep romance PG13
7. I reserve the right to add more rules as needed
8. PM your character profiles to me under "Next Generation".  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:37 pm

A Reference:
Current Mutants and Mutant Powers:

Elemental and environmental powers:
(X)Crystal Drake (Crystal): Ice Manipulation

Energy manipulation:
(X)Scott Summers (Cyclops): Concussion beams
(X)Tristan Farron (Damselfly): Kinetic energy manipulation

Illusion:
(G)Raven: Illusion casting

Personal physical powers:
(X)Cassandra Song Diaz (Love): Vision-Based Powers (Mind control/Emotion manipulation)
(MRD)Catalina Simone (Scatter): Duplication, Mental Invulnerability, and Enhanced senses (night vision)
(G)Eris AND Erid: Emotion manipulation based on touch
(X)Felicia Carter (Kerana): Animal Mimicry/Animal morphing
(MRD) Millicent "Millie" Szita (Scientific Method): Photographic memory, lightening reflexes, enhanced brain power, hawks eye
(X)Sebastian Arkain (Physik): Skill Mimicry/Healing Factor
(G)Viper: Poison (Generation through fangs)

Physics or reality manipulation:
(G)Magneto: Magnetism manipulation
(G/B)Calamity/Dark (Luke Jordan): Magnetism manipulation
(G/B)Force (Theonis Acula Richards): Pressure Manipulation/Control, Heightened Reflexes, Enhanced Learning Curve.
(G/B)Shadow Walker (Catherine Smithe): Darkness or shadow manipulation/Shadow Travel (form of teleportation)
(G/B)Sorcerer (Maxwell Flamel): magic
(G/B)Warp (Alexander William Diaz): Force field generation/Molecular manipulation/(limited)reality warping/Intangibility
(O)Jason Richter (The Black Reaper): Molecular Manipulation/ Power Absorption/see Amp’s,Shadow Walker's, Warp's, Physik's and Myth's powers
(X)Dean Nixon (Myth): (Mythical) Projection

Psychic:
(X)Emma Frost: Telepathy/Mind reading and control/Memory alteration/Mental bolts/Induced paralysis/Illusion casting/Astral projection/Shapeshifting (diamond form granting superhuman strength and durability)
(MRD)David Benedict (Hypnos): Telepathy/ Telekinesis/ Precognitive Dreams/ Dream-Self Projection/ Chronoskimming/ Astral Plane Tap
(G)Memo: Mind Reading
(G)Mirror: Astral projection using a medium (mirrors)

Superpower interaction:
(O)Amp/Dmitri Kovac: Power Augmentation/Power Negation/Power Sensing
(X)Jayenne/Jay Doe (Trace): Power Absorption

Transportation and travel:
(G)Blink (Aimee Perry): Teleportation

Mutants Mentioned without Powers Given:
(G/B)Rocky: not mentioned
(G/B)Link: not mentioned

Color System
Red: current and active players
Dark Blue: npc
Green: only mentioned
Indigo: not active character/failed to make a character appearance for several pages.
Not colored: failure to classify/classification in transit

Classifications:
B: Brotherhood member
G: Genosha Resident
O: Other affiliated mutant
X: X-men/affiliated with the X-men

Mutants by Power Classification:

Omega:
Magneto
Dean Nixon (Myth)
Omega/Alpha:
Emma Frost
David Benedict (Hypnos)
Alpha/Omega:
Warp (Alexander William Diaz)
Alpha:
Blink (Aimee Perry)
Crystal Drake (Cyrstal)
Force (Theonis Acula Richards)
Sebastian Arkain (Physik)
Shadow Walker (Catherine Smithe)
Alpha/Beta:
Sorcerer (Maxwell Flamel)
Calmaity/Dark (Luke Jordan)---current power estimate
Beta:
Cassandra Song Diaz (Love/Heartbreaker)
Jason Richter/the Black Reaper
Scott Summers (Cyclops)
Tristan Farron (Damselfly)
Gamma:
Felicia Carter (Kerana)
Delta:
Dmitri Kovac/Amp
Millicent "Millie" Szita (Scientific Method)
Catalina Simone (Scatter)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:39 pm
Time and Place

Time (in New York state): Wednesday early morning in August (approximately 7am-9am)
Weather (in New York state): Sunny, mid humidity, highs 70-80 degrees F

Time (in Genosha)-8 hours later than New York:A Wednesday mid-morning in August (approximately 1 pm-4 pm)
Weather (in Genosha): Sunny, 77-84 degrees F

Time (in Nevada MRD Base): Wednesday very early morning in August (4am-7am)
Weather (in Nevada): no one has been outside to check, but it is the desert so, you decide.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:41 pm
NOW OPEN!

The Plot of the RP so far
(A WORK IN PROGRESS)

Pages 2-4
In NY State (X-men side):
-After being brought to the Xavier Mansion by Emma Frost, in her vulpine form, Felicia Carter meets Cassandra (Cassie) Diaz who after training in the danger room is watching a newscast on an upcoming pro-MRD parade revealing a new Sentinel in New York City and the MRD head will also be present.
-Cassie allows Felicia to use her bathroom to clean up, and in the end helps Felicia wash and get burrs out of her fur, before lending Felicia clothes and offers to help her get settled in at the mansion.
-Felicia reveals her true form which while mostly humanoid still maintains fox ears and a fox tail. She tells about how the MRD took her parents, and Cassie promises to help as soon as she can-but warns against rushing into a rescue attempt of any kind.
-Cassie runs into Dean Nixon (or Myth) and introduces him to Felicia. Felicia ends up having a huge crush on Dean. Cassie suggests being at the MRD-parade to make sure the Brotherhood doesn’t cause problems and also turn it into an excuse for a shopping trip.
-Dean Nixon agrees to start training Felicia. Cassie makes a gamble that after one day of training that Felicia will not be able to land a “single hit” on her within a five minute time period. The gamble is agreed upon. After some time of Cassie training on her own and Dean training Felicia, Cassie offers to cook for the three of them.

In Genosha
-A female unknown mutant with purple hair washes up on the beach of Genosha. Warp receives a call concerning it and goes to investigate-kicking out current (npc) Brotherhood members who were hanging out and partying in his apartment. This purple haired mutant decides to later call herself Shadow Walker.
-Using his power, Warp helps heal the girl and then brings her to his apartment to rest.
-Once Shadow Walker wakes up Warp explains that she is in Genosha and roughly the theory of homo-superiors vs. homo-sapiens (at least according to most in Genosha). Warp also explains roughly the nature of his power and hypothesizes that her power is some form of teleportation.
-Shadow Walker adopts the name Shadow Walker and borrows Warp’s shower and gets clean clothes from Warp’s “lost and found box”.
-Warp makes dinner and Shadow Walker begin to eat and discuss whether she remembers her past. He then explains about the Brotherhood and their fight for homo-superior rights but also warns her about the dangers by giving the example of a mutant who went by the name Amp-a mutant known to have the power to amplify other mutant’s power- who more or less according to Warp “lost his mind.” When, Shadow Walker expresses interest to join the Brotherhood and asks for help to join, Warp refuses, but finally says, that she would have to at least see Amp, and agrees to take her to see him.
-Warp takes Shadow Walker to see Amp who is in solitary confinement-essentially a regular looking apartment-just without escape. Amp reveals that Warp is the leader of the Brotherhood and that his sister, a member of the X-men, used her power against him which caused him to fall in love with her and decide to make her “empress of the world” (or so Amp says). The option of using the powers of a mutant who lives in Genosha known as Memo to get Shadow Walker’s memories back is given but Shadow Walker refuses.
-Shadow Walker goes to bed, Warp contacts Blink, the female teleporter and his friend of sorts, before he goes to sleep on his couch. In the morning Warp is awoke by the fire alarm set off in his apartment, set off by Blink’s attempt at cooking breakfast.
-Shadow Walker awakes in Warp's closet unintentionally traveling through the shadows there. Blink and Warp find her there and Blink happily greets Shadow Walker.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:43 pm

We are the X-men.

(NPC/free for claim)Headmistress: Emma Frost
played: mostly by mc2, free for another to claim as a permanent NPC or character, or for minor use by others.

(NPC/free for claim)Headmaster: Scott Summers/Cyclops
played: mostly by mc2, free for another to claim as a permanent NPC or character, or for minor use by others.

Head of the X-men (Martial Arts Teacher): Dean Nixon (Myth)
played by: Nova Blancke

X-men Member (Chemistry and Physics Teacher): Sebastian Arkain (Physik)
played by: ProphecyDestroyer

X-men Member (One credit shy of graduation as a student): Cassandra Song Diaz (Officially: Love/a.k.a.: Heartbreaker)
played by: mc2

X-men Member/Student: Felicia Carter (Kerana)
played by: Kerana

X-men Member/Student/Ex-Brotherhood: Dmitri Kovac (Amp)
played by mc2

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:45 pm

We are the Brotherhood

(NPC/free for claim)Magneto
location: Genosha exact location unknown (believed his own residence)

Leader of the Brotherhood: Warp (Alexander William Diaz)
doing: drinking coffee on his apartment's balcony

Brotherhood Member: Shadow Walker (Catherine Smithe)
played by: PixelMuse

Brotherhood Member: Blink (Aimee Perry)
doing: asleep in Warp's bedroom

Brotherhood Member: Calamity (Luke)
played by: ProphecyDestroyer

Brotherhood Member: Sorcerer (Maxwell Flamel)
played by: AzureEyes_DarkMagician

Genosha is Our Safe Haven

(by mention)Resident (Teacher of Latin), age 19: Erid/Erida

(by mention)Resident (Ocassionally Teacher of Latin, Bartender), age 19, former "girlfriend" of Amp: Eris
location: at her apartment in Genosha that is above a bar in the main city

(currently minor characters)Residents (and twins): Alexavier and Cassandra Aiden
played by: Nova Blancke
busy with: Cassandra is tending to Alexavier who is passed out on the couch

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:54 pm

We Are The MRD:

Head of the MRD: Jason Richter (Hidden Identity-The Black Reaper)
Played by: ProphecyDestroyer
Current Location: Desert MRD Base, Nevada
Doing: at a MRD meeting

Agent of the MRD: Alazne Carter/Fenrir
Played by: AzureEyes_DarkMagician
Current Location: MRD Base, Nevada
Doing: Chained up in a cell

Agent of the MRD: David Benedict
Played by: AzureEyes_DarkMagician
Current Location: Desert MRD Base, Nevada
Doing: at a MRD meeting

And We Support the MRD!

(npc) Leader of Religious Movement Against Mutants (Reverend) William Stryker
was last played by: mc2
free for any other person to use (keep in mind he is a cannon character so it may be useful to do a quick 5 min google/wiki search to get a feel of the movement if you decide to use him), otherwise, he is free for the taking.

(npc) Non-Mutant, strongly verbal anti-mutant movement supporter: Graydon Creed
was last played by: PixelMuse
free for any other person to use (also a cannon character, but so minor he can be molded as needed), anyone feel free to use as he is needed.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 138 139 140 141 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers