Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
I need help with a... problem...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clairssida

3,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:10 pm
Okay Im not entirely sure if I'm overreacting to this or not, but I've been dealing with this for years and now I finally have the resources (you guys) available to see if i'm crazy or am justified in my worries.

I live in the woods and my house and yard are very safe and comfortable during the daylight hours. But at night if I step out of my house, sometimes not even then, I get the weirdest sense of danger. It feels like somethings watching, waiting. And honestly i'm scared.

For years I've had occasional sensations of being watched in my own house. (Might just be normal though)

I'm not sure if this.. entity has ever been in my house. But I rarely ever feel safe in my own home unless theres other people or animals in there. And even then i'm only truly comforted if I'm in my room after i've thrown up my I dunno if its warding but its a form of incantation I've made up and I can feel power behind it.(PM me if you want to know more about it) its the only thing that makes the danger sensation go away. And on some occasions not even then and i have to beg my goddess for protection.

Basically I feel like there's something dangerous out there. I don't know if it is, it's never hurt me. But I don't know if that means it never will.

i'd like it if someone could explain what it might be and if theres a way to see if it means me harm or if it just lives there. Or if its just powerful not dangerous?

Any help I'd appreciate.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:54 pm
I think Pan has something to do with that, but the first thing you should do is rule out psychological phobias and clinical paranoia- I really hope that isn't offensive, it just comes up because an ex had clinical paranoia and it caused him to think stuff like that.
He wouldn't go out into parks at night sometimes because he thought something was going to get him and he would blame the most trivial stuff on the gods being out to punish him. Like this one time he freaked out that the gods were turning the lights red to keep him from getting to his other boyfriend on time- the lights are on a timer that if you don't speed, you get greens, but if you speed or go too slow, you get all reds.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Clairssida

3,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:03 pm
Esiris
I think Pan has something to do with that, but the first thing you should do is rule out psychological phobias and clinical paranoia- I really hope that isn't offensive, it just comes up because an ex had clinical paranoia and it caused him to think stuff like that.
He wouldn't go out into parks at night sometimes because he thought something was going to get him and he would blame the most trivial stuff on the gods being out to punish him. Like this one time he freaked out that the gods were turning the lights red to keep him from getting to his other boyfriend on time- the lights are on a timer that if you don't speed, you get greens, but if you speed or go too slow, you get all reds.

Well I'm only seriously afraid of needles. Semi afraid of snakes.

I actually adore the dark, and I used to have my bed positioned so i could look at the moon before I slept, I had to move it for space reasons. And I like walking around places after dark, its just not at my house.

And likewise Im not scared of my woods. I've been walking in them since I was small. And I've been in the mountains in a rundown cabin surrounded by nothing but woods and i got no weird feelings.

A little fear from the thought of getting eaten by a mountain lion or bear but I'd think I was justified. We were really deep in the mountains. But I'd still walk around them.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:10 pm
Maybe this will help?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Clairssida

3,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:18 pm

So your saying Pan is the entity I feel in my woods?
And he gets amusement from my fear?
Wonderful...

(Sorry if I sound sarcastic, Im really not being sarcastic)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:37 pm
A security blanket might be a temporary fix, other than other people/animals. Something that can always be with you like a necklace or bracelet or anything.
A necklace I have makes me feel less uneasy at times. For me what works when I feel in danger, scared, or worried is singing. You could try that.
Sorry for no advice for a permanent fix.  

BlizzardAndTwo

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 am
In no way is it unusual to be unnerved by the woods at night. Regardless of how familiar they are. neutral I don't think this is related to gods or anything at all; it's a natural response for a diurnal creature primate in this situation.

Example:

User Image

A lot of people feel a bit uncomfortable alone in the house at night, and many people will turn on the TV to "keep them company".

Just acknowledge that your mind is overreacting so you don't let it overtake you.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:02 pm
If you've been dealing with it for years I doubt it's just your head messing with you. I know I've been living in what I call the "Valley of Hell" for 2 decades now and I never went outside without lights because I felt like something was watching me (even with lights on I felt it). Some places just have bad energy/spirits floating around, and recently when I have gone out I felt like I was being followed.

You can definitely throw up an energy wall of your own, or you can make a talisman of sorts that does the same thing if using your energy constantly gets tiring for any reason.  

Ren Tohimaru

Dr. H. Lecter

Dangerous Prophet

7,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:58 pm
Look into the history of the woods you live in. You never know what could be there. Could be your just reacting to a spirit that is clinging to the place. Try going out and confronting it. Ask it to leave in peace. I'd also look into a way to cleanse the land.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:09 pm
Clairssida
Okay Im not entirely sure if I'm overreacting to this or not, but I've been dealing with this for years and now I finally have the resources (you guys) available to see if i'm crazy or am justified in my worries.

I live in the woods and my house and yard are very safe and comfortable during the daylight hours. But at night if I step out of my house, sometimes not even then, I get the weirdest sense of danger. It feels like somethings watching, waiting. And honestly i'm scared.

For years I've had occasional sensations of being watched in my own house. (Might just be normal though)

I'm not sure if this.. entity has ever been in my house. But I rarely ever feel safe in my own home unless theres other people or animals in there. And even then i'm only truly comforted if I'm in my room after i've thrown up my I dunno if its warding but its a form of incantation I've made up and I can feel power behind it.(PM me if you want to know more about it) its the only thing that makes the danger sensation go away. And on some occasions not even then and i have to beg my goddess for protection.

Basically I feel like there's something dangerous out there. I don't know if it is, it's never hurt me. But I don't know if that means it never will.

i'd like it if someone could explain what it might be and if theres a way to see if it means me harm or if it just lives there. Or if its just powerful not dangerous?

Any help I'd appreciate.

If you are still having this issue, you can try going out during the day into the woods to see if you can feel any odd energy source or a pull in any areas and if so looking around that area may help you find what is causing it. Also, if an area is claimed by something then it will usually watch anything in that area no matter how often it is there. Trying to communicate with it can help, but make sure if you do it's a passive and friendly approach. Do you ever feel like you're being followed or watched during the day either in the house or outside?  

glasfuinneog

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,800 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

Wolfsblood90

Anxious Warrior

12,200 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:29 pm
It sounds to me as though you or your house has been protected by something. Probably the house considering the fear you feel outside it. This thing is clearly hostile? Or is it a predator? A tiger is intimidating to look at or be around even if it isn't after you. However i think this thing is hostel and night time seams to be its time. I think the sensation you feel in your house is it 'looking' at you through it. I have a rather dark presence that follows me around, however it almost never feels angry or hostile towards me. It dose get stronger or more apparent at night so this thing could be around during the day but weaker. I say straight up bless your room then your house and finally your hole yard if that dose nothing then maybe explore a psychological explanation if that doesn't pan out i would get another practitioner to stay the night, maybe more then one, and see if they too feel it and go from there.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games