Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Introductory/Realization

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rosenr0t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:34 pm
Hello everyone, I'm new to this guild; though I have been on Gaia for awhile, on and off - but it always manages to squeeze into my life somehow... which doesn't bother me the slightest.

So, merry meet to the Wise Ones, and my warmest greetings to all. smile

You can call me Skadi. I figured to get introductions out of the way, and to show my deepest loyalty for the guild, I figured to ask to get to know a little about you all. One of my favorite things to do in life is to meet new people. It's spiritually up-lifting on a level that I cannot explain, but I think everyone has a story to tell - no matter how bland or eventful you claim yourself to be - and I dedicated myself to my craft, which is creative writing. Thus, you are all the element of where I find my inspiration.

Ah, yes. Introductions are in order! Well. Like I said, my name is Skadi. Why I gave myself this name is beyond me, though it seems to stick in every online-related alias I give myself - and it also shows a bit of my interest of Norse Mythology. Though I do not consider myself Asatru - a matter of fact, I don't consider myself anything. My religious background has been overall a bitter, negative experience... Over the passed few years, I figured that all organized religion is the main reason why we have such problems and chaos to this day - though I have begun to understand faith differently recently.

In high school, it was the "in" thing to be Wiccan, so being the rebellious and ignorant teen I was, I did not bother to look into it - mainly because many of my friends seemed to only flaunt this religion to make themselves different, not exactly because they really believe in it. That, and because I was raised/brainwashed a Jehovah's Witness, in turn it has made me become a very bitter person toward religion of all kinds... (( Long story short, soul-searching was a hard time for me. ))

Anyway, it's been years now. I am a very stubborn Aquarius, more or less - I have been practicing certain things under the Celtic-influenced faith. I have not been talked to by a spirit, fae, deity or any of the sort... though I have had some interesting experiences that I found unusual - I have always had an uncanny interest in religions, mythology, spirituality, beliefs and etc. even though I'd swore to myself never to affiliate with any - I've read a lot of different scriptures, religious text, of almost any known faith...

The one that have always stuck to me was the Celtic way of life. It was so interesting, that I've found myself reading tarot in certain situations. If my sub-conscious told me to go back to this way of study for years now, and it has helped me think and decide much clearer - I guess you could say I'm somewhat of a "closest witch" - though I have not tried anything more than just a simple meditation process I have naturally made myself follow.

I have a deck of tarot cards (it's called Celtic Messages - the cards are circular in shape, and the author's name is Joules Taylor), a journal to write my thoughts in, what the readings outcomes were, etc. - appropriately called "Desire" - I put on some incense (depending on the situation and mood are associated with different scents) and I listen to calming Celtic-type music with a steady rhythm and flow. I like to incorporate some light yoga before I start my reading, then treat myself to some white tea.

I have been doing this routine for years, and in secrecy - more so to myself than anyone else. I'm a little bit afraid of considering myself a part of a belief, so this is why I've come here. I need some outside opinions from other pagans. But it almost seems to be something I have started to follow naturally. Is this how a belief comes to you? Because I can't let myself believe in just choosing a religion and just because it "makes sense" - I need more reasoning than that. Remember, I'm an Aquarius - so it was hard enough for me to ask for help. xp

So again, I ask you - introduce yourselves... what brought you into your belief - and what do you think about the route I am leading to? I could also give you more of an in-depth explanation of what a session is like for me, if you'd like.

Blessed be & thank you.

- Skadi heart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:12 pm
Intro thread

Also "Merry Meet" & "Blessing Be" are considered ritual language, not greetings. http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=17613519#216726567

Just some heads up wink  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:15 pm
We already have an introduction thread here.

And also just so you know some people might take offense to you using the phrases "Merry Meet" and "Blessed Be." Morg's explaination on that can be found here in the third post.

Edit: Well Rmcdra beat me to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:20 pm
Ah, I stand correct on both accounts, and I greatly apologize. A few of my friends who claim themselves to be Wiccan have made me think otherwise. So again, I apologize for my ignorance.  

rosenr0t

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:28 pm
The use of ritual phrases out of context is a common mistake because of all the misinformation out there.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:38 pm
I'ma lock this as we already have an intro thread.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas