Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Alternative Lifestyles Guild

Back to Guilds

A safe place for anyone who identifies with the LGBTQ(IP) community and their allies. 

Tags: lesbian, gays, queer, transgender, LGBT 

Reply 13. Around the World Forum
No Posts?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emerald Zombie

Dedicated Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:16 pm
There deffinately needs to be posts here!

World culture!
I am Half Indian and Half Canadian.
Today they are celebrating the Navaratri Festival till the sixth of October. It started the 28th of September. It's a celebration for the Autumn beginning. :]
They were having a dance competion. I didn't stay long enough to see or dance.

Another festival which begins October 26th is the festival of lights, called Diwali. It is celebrated amongst the Jains and Sikhs. :]

What do you do around now?

I will also be celebrating Oktoberfest/Beerfest. :] Which is a German festival. I have celebrated it in Germany. It was fun. I have some German from my mom's side. :]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:40 pm
I usually only take part in one cultural event every year and that's the Irish Fair in August. biggrin  

Dr. OCD

Emerald Zombie

Dedicated Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:46 pm
Dr. OCD
I usually only take part in one cultural event every year and that's the Irish Fair in August. biggrin

I've not been to the Irish fair yet. I remember seeing it once, but my dad won't go unless it benefits him.

Like the greek festival. He goes to drink wine. I like the Greek mythology and gyro's of course. <3
In Canada, I really can't wait to do their fairs and festival. Like Saint Jean Baptist I believe it is, and Canada Day.
Have you ever attended a LGBT festival? I've not, I would love to go. That may happen in Canada, I might go with a friend of mine in Toronto. ;P....If I can graduate by this summer that is. If not we may go the following year, I'm kinda hoping she doesn't graduate this year so we can graduate together. X]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:35 pm
Emerald Zombie
Dr. OCD

I've not been to the Irish fair yet. I remember seeing it once, but my dad won't go unless it benefits him.

Like the greek festival. He goes to drink wine. I like the Greek mythology and gyro's of course. <3
In Canada, I really can't wait to do their fairs and festival. Like Saint Jean Baptist I believe it is, and Canada Day.
Have you ever attended a LGBT festival? I've not, I would love to go. That may happen in Canada, I might go with a friend of mine in Toronto. ;P....If I can graduate by this summer that is. If not we may go the following year, I'm kinda hoping she doesn't graduate this year so we can graduate together. X]

Oh yeah. Minneapolis is one of the biggest LGBT cities in the U.S. so I go to the Twin Cities Pride every summer.  

Dr. OCD

13. Around the World Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff