Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Harry Potter.....Good Or Bad [can be closed] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whats your opinion?
Good
68%
 68%  [ 48 ]
Bad
31%
 31%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 70

Tarrou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:01 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
If something as simple as a self-admitted work of fiction causes one to stumble in one's moral principles in reality, then that person, first and foremost, requires mental aid, as they are obviously exibiting signs of schizoprenia.

Off topic correction: Or they could simply be delusional, which is not necessarily a sign of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia isn't the only disorder out there that can cause delusions and disordered thinking, you know.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:03 pm
kajun_chicken
The Bible says it in (I THINK) Ex. 22 "Thou shalt not permit a witch or sorcerer to live". So, I'm sitting here lmao because I'm not even very well versed in the scripture and Im "up against" a few theologians. Any way, ya, and don't pull the "it wasn't literal" or "that was in the old testament" bull because it doesn't work.

So tell me, kid. When was the last time you killed a cow, had it's blood sprinkled on you by a priest and then cut up the cow corpse and burnt it?

Cuz' if not, then I'm afraid you're doomed to hell for all eternity.  

ioioouiouiouio

Silent Expressor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:04 pm
Quote:
The question isn't whether or not witchcraft is a sin. We all know that it is.
If you all know it is a sin then why are we having this debate...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:05 pm
I'm still waiting to hear a real connection between Harry Potter and wicca (which, incidentally, is not the witchcraft mentioned in the Bible either.)

*taps fingers*  

Gilwen
Crew

ioioouiouiouio

Tangled Up In Blue

Off topic correction: Or they could simply be delusional, which is not necessarily a sign of schizophrenia. Schizophrenia isn't the only disorder out there that can cause delusions and disordered thinking, you know.

Yes, but I liked the specificity of schizophrenia's symptoms better. Plus, it's a cool word to type.  
Cometh The Inquisitor
kajun_chicken
The Bible says it in (I THINK) Ex. 22 "Thou shalt not permit a witch or sorcerer to live". So, I'm sitting here lmao because I'm not even very well versed in the scripture and Im "up against" a few theologians. Any way, ya, and don't pull the "it wasn't literal" or "that was in the old testament" bull because it doesn't work.

So tell me, kid. When was the last time you killed a cow, had it's blood sprinkled on you by a priest and then cut up the cow corpse and burnt it?

Cuz' if not, then I'm afraid you're doomed to hell for all eternity.
Some old laws are not to be ignored....Like the laws of sexual impurity's but thats another debate all together....His point was if God from the beginning of time said witchcraft is bad...then maybe we should follow that law  

Silent Expressor

Gilwen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 pm
Holypimp
Quote:
The question isn't whether or not witchcraft is a sin. We all know that it is.

Because Harry Potter does not contain witchcraft.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 pm
Holypimp

Because reading/writing about witchcraft != practicing witchcraft; and I defy you to find a verse in the bible that says otherwise.

And again I'm obligated to add that you haven't proven that Harry Potter is about witchcraft.  

Tarrou

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:07 pm
Holypimp
Ok sorry I quote it in context, but it just means that because you are calling someone an idiot because what they may stumble with, you will be judged by God in the same manner. And what happened to the verse that says call no man a fool (fool=Idiot)

hehe, Holy doesn't get it. I'm not judging anybody. I'm stating that when one cannot discern fact from fiction, then they are in need of (at least) severe counciling.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:07 pm
Gilwen
I'm still waiting to hear a real connection between Harry Potter and wicca (which, incidentally, is not the witchcraft mentioned in the Bible either.)

*taps fingers*
THE BIBLE DOES NOT SPECIFY WHAT TYPE OF WITCHCRAFT BECAUSE IT IS ALL WRONG. REAL OR FICTION IT DOES NOT MATTER scream  

Silent Expressor

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:09 pm
Holypimp
Some old laws are not to be ignored....Like the laws of sexual impurity's but thats another debate all together....His point was if God from the beginning of time said witchcraft is bad...then maybe we should follow that law

Right, so the laws that you don't like are the ones that get thrown away.

I get it now.

So, tell me, oh perfect interpreter of God's will, just which of all the old laws do we keep?  
Holypimp
Gilwen

*taps fingers*
THE BIBLE DOES NOT SPECIFY WHAT TYPE OF WITCHCRAFT BECAUSE IT IS ALL WRONG. REAL OR FICTION IT DOES NOT MATTER scream

No. The Bible doesn't specify, because the definition of "witchcraft" is implicit. And doesn't relate to wicca or Harry Potter.  

Gilwen
Crew

Silent Expressor

Cometh The Inquisitor
Holypimp
Ok sorry I quote it in context, but it just means that because you are calling someone an idiot because what they may stumble with, you will be judged by God in the same manner. And what happened to the verse that says call no man a fool (fool=Idiot)

hehe, Holy doesn't get it. I'm not judging anybody. I'm stating that when one cannot discern fact from fiction, then they are in need of (at least) severe counciling.
I "get it" Cometh, the age range for these books is like 6-99. Just outa curiosity how many 6 year olds honestly have a good grasp on the difference between fact and fiction  
Gilwen

*taps fingers*

Well, actually, it is. But that's not really on topic.  

ioioouiouiouio

Tarrou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:10 pm
Holypimp
REAL OR FICTION IT DOES NOT MATTER scream

Once again, I'm still waiting on a citation to back that up.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff