Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Etrua Region

Back to Guilds

This is a Pokémon RP guild with heavy influences from the game. 

Tags: Pokemon, Role Playing, Etrua, Region, Writing 

Reply Welcome to the Etrua Region
Old profile system, come find your character. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bendonatier

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:58 pm
gabriel sama
bendonatier
gabriel sama
bendonatier
Danali_Black
bendonatier
on the topic of said gym leader he has 4 pokemon 13 and up, 2 of them are psychics, one electric, and he is the first gym.

They are normal gym leader levels and they are all flying I don't see a problem with that. do you?
if you look at most first gym leaders they have 2 basic Pokemon, and one special Pokemon not 4 special Pokemon.

Would you have preferred generics, like Spearow and Hoothoot? And besides, we're not exactly following the games by the book. I prefer a little variation to give you guys at least a little bit of a challenge. Not to mention we don't know what Pokemon are showing up on what routes. Who knows, you might actually find stuff to counter all my options.
fair enough, but It would be nice if trainers weren't expected to catch three Pokemon just to match the gym.

Don't you usually already have a full roster by the time you fight the first gym anyway? And... I think you can go on the boat to Port Riplye. I dunno. If I had the power to, I'd at least set up some people somewhere up Rt. 1 and a little ways outside of the port town to make sure that you guys don't go on without fighting the first gym.
My main concern is that being a flying gym only three starters have type advantage, but even then you still have a type advantage or at least neutrality to all of them. I am fully willing to drop my argument at what I have stated, please consider dropping one of your team, my recommendation being the emolga seeing as then people can at least use an electric Pokemon at your gym without fear.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:46 pm
bendonatier
gabriel sama
bendonatier
gabriel sama
bendonatier
if you look at most first gym leaders they have 2 basic Pokemon, and one special Pokemon not 4 special Pokemon.

Would you have preferred generics, like Spearow and Hoothoot? And besides, we're not exactly following the games by the book. I prefer a little variation to give you guys at least a little bit of a challenge. Not to mention we don't know what Pokemon are showing up on what routes. Who knows, you might actually find stuff to counter all my options.
fair enough, but It would be nice if trainers weren't expected to catch three Pokemon just to match the gym.

Don't you usually already have a full roster by the time you fight the first gym anyway? And... I think you can go on the boat to Port Riplye. I dunno. If I had the power to, I'd at least set up some people somewhere up Rt. 1 and a little ways outside of the port town to make sure that you guys don't go on without fighting the first gym.
My main concern is that being a flying gym only three starters have type advantage, but even then you still have a type advantage or at least neutrality to all of them. I am fully willing to drop my argument at what I have stated, please consider dropping one of your team, my recommendation being the emolga seeing as then people can at least use an electric Pokemon at your gym without fear.

Emolga can't absorb electricity. I don't run Hidden Abilities, so you really only need to worry about Static. So electric-types are still in. As are all other types. What, you thought you only needed one Pokemon type to sweep me? Please, that's why I went with this line up.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:53 pm
gabriel sama
bendonatier
gabriel sama
bendonatier
gabriel sama
bendonatier

Emolga can't absorb electricity. I don't run Hidden Abilities, so you really only need to worry about Static. So electric-types are still in. As are all other types. What, you thought you only needed one Pokemon type to sweep me? Please, that's why I went with this line up.
*uses a fast pokemon to spam ROCK THROW* razz
Or...
Lvl 15 Voltorb has Rollout and Spark
Lvl 3 Darumaka has Rollout
Lvl 7 Solosis has Rollout
Lvl 9 Golett has Rollout
Lvl 11 Geodude has Rock Throw
Lvl 9 Onix has Rock Throw
Lvl 5 Dwebble has Rock Blast
I'm sure that there are more but that was just a quick check with some of the moves that I knew could be learned at a low level (( 15 or lower ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:09 pm
Minus all the unneeded spamming, let's return this to a application thread....

Take Me To The Etrua Region!

User Image

Celestia Boss Application
Username: Avikna LuAnk Hoseka
Which Boss are you applying for?: Taurus
What drew you to Team Celestia?: Personally, I love being evil. Simple as that. >:3. Character wise, she was kidnapped, because of her father's fame and money. It was after her own personal attack on another member, and her realization that her father wasn't going to pay the ransom that she joined to spite him.
What is your Dreams/Goals?:
- Well, to spite her father, and ruin the family name.
- Power, she's tired of being pushed around like some meek bimbo!
What are your Pokemon?:
Zeeva the Female Zoroark - Lv.33
Ret the Shiny Male Charizard - Lv.35
Avarian the Male Pidgeot - Lv.33
Etoile the Female Froslass - Lv.33
Mave the Female Spiritomb - Lv. 36
Noir the Female Milotic - Lv.4o

What Region are you originally from?: Unova
Do you want a job in Etrua?: Well, yes.. Are there any kind of Shop-like positions she can work at? Like, the backroom can be a personal shop for Team Celestia Members?
Give an RP Sample:
Yes, yes... A roleplay sample is in need. Here you are.  

IndecisiveWolk

Charitable Wolf

13,575 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:37 pm
VincentValintine LimitBrk
gabriel sama
bendonatier
gabriel sama
bendonatier

*uses a fast pokemon to spam ROCK THROW* razz
Or...
Lvl 15 Voltorb has Rollout and Spark
Lvl 3 Darumaka has Rollout
Lvl 7 Solosis has Rollout
Lvl 9 Golett has Rollout
Lvl 11 Geodude has Rock Throw
Lvl 9 Onix has Rock Throw
Lvl 5 Dwebble has Rock Blast
I'm sure that there are more but that was just a quick check with some of the moves that I knew could be learned at a low level (( 15 or lower ))

Exactly. Problem solved. Doesn't even need to be Rock Throw. What's that rock attack that drops flying Pokemon for extra damage?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:42 pm
gabriel sama
bendonatier
gabriel sama
bendonatier
gabriel sama
bendonatier

I only think that it would be nice for you to drop one of your team, and I do not fear emolga my starter is larvatar, perfect for all but ducklet, so do what you think best, and when we meet in battle I will do my best to give you a fair fight.  

bendonatier

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:47 pm
gabriel sama
Exactly. Problem solved. Doesn't even need to be Rock Throw. What's that rock attack that drops flying Pokemon for extra damage?
Smack Down and the lowest level that a pokemon learns it is Dweeble at level 17.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:03 pm
gabriel sama
Smack Down and the lowest level that a pokemon learns it is Dweeble at level 17.

Isn't it a TM too?  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:24 pm
gabriel sama
gabriel sama

Isn't it a TM too?
Yes, but as you get it at the Battle Subway it's not likely that someone will find it before the first gym...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:34 pm
gabriel sama
gabriel sama

Isn't it a TM too?
Yes, but as you get it at the Battle Subway it's not likely that someone will find it before the first gym...

Well, it's not like the TM's gonna be in the same place in this region.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

Kaze Espada
Crew

Dapper Conventioneer

7,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 pm
Basic Application
Username: Kaze Espada
Character Name: Ancilla
Character Description: User Image
I want to be: Trainer
If trainer, what starter? : Houndour
What Region are you originally from? : Deres, Entrua
Do you want a job in Etrua? : Gothic Fashion Designer of course.
Give an RP Sample: Use my previous one.

Basic Application
Username: Kaze Epsada
Character Name: King Claydol
Character Description: A grey Claydol with yellow eyes, that loves to sleep beneath the Gabron ruins. Baltoy follow me when I move. I'm also over leveled for the area.
I want to be: Pokemon
If Pokemon, which one?: Claydol
If Pokemon, shiny or normal?: Shiny
What Region are you originally from?: Gabron Ruins
Give an RP Sample(optional, unless choosing a secondary starter): Use my previous one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:22 pm
gabriel sama
gabriel sama
gabriel sama

Isn't it a TM too?

True, but have you ever gotten a TM before the first gym?  

VVLB
Crew

Shameless Bunny

19,725 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:40 pm
gabriel sama
gabriel sama
gabriel sama

Isn't it a TM too?

True, but have you ever gotten a TM before the first gym?

Bullet Seed from the guy outside the forest in the 3rd gen?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:40 pm
Gym Leader Application
Username: Belzayne
Character Name: Nephie
Character Description: User Image Nephie looks like this minus the Jolteon
To which Gym are you applying?: Mosnia Valley
What are your Pokemon? (Include levels): Scyther level 35
Serperior level 36
Beedrill level 33
Tropius level 32
Will you create your own badge or have us make it?:
What Region are you originally from? (Etrua, Kanto, sinnoh, etc..): Hoenn
Do you want another job in Etrua?: Nope
Give an RP Sample: Nephie smiled as a new trainer had come into her gym, and getting past the puzzle to get all the way to her. The trainer was persistent on getting all the badges so that way this person could challenge the elite four. She gave him a smile, and told him to bring it on.

He sent out an Arcanine, and she had to admit she would have a problem here. She wasn't about to give up as she called out her Tropius first. The trainer started out by having his Arcanine use Ember, and to counter she called for her Tropius to use Whirlwind, sending his Arcanine back into its Pokeball and bringing forth his Servine. She smiled, then called for Tropius to use Gust, sending the Servine flying over to the wall. The trainer wasn't about give up as he called for his Servine to use Leaf Tornado. She thought the trainer was crazy, so she called for Tropius to rise into the air. She didn't expect the Servine to jump up and follow Tropius however, and with a quick strike she could tell this guy had it all.

Calling her Tropius back to its Pokeball, she smiled at the trainer. She then brought out her Scyther. Since this match had been called a two Pokemon match, she would use all her power. She called for Scyther to use X-Scissor, and the Servine had just come down so it got struck and hit the wall, fainting from the strike. He returned his Servine and called back his Arcanine, who used Flame Wheel shortly after. Her Scyther jumped into the air, and got in using Wing Attack. The Arcanine spun around and shot out an Ember, sending her Scyther flying. She had the type disadvantage and knew this was not her match.

Belzayne
Crew

Lonely Girl

Tau_2

Aged Seeker

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:15 pm
Legendary Application
Username: Tau_2
Which Legendary are you wanting to be?: Deoxys
Why do you want to be this Legendary?: Aside from being one of my favorite Pokemon in the series, I feel like I can portray this being of power to also longing for something other then power: Compassion
Prove you can handle the power of a legendary! (Give a sample RP using this Pokemon):
GENERAL ORDER! GENERAL ORDER! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
The entirety of the research facility had gone into a Priority Lock Down. They were expecting something big to be heading their way, a potentially powerful Pokemon. Both security personal and Pokemon alike took defensive positions along the edge of the bunker in the middle of nowhere, a place that the unsuspecting eye would could fancy theories of mad science being conducted many hundreds of feet below. Still, the guards had no questions about what was happening, as long as they got their absurdly fat pay checks by the end of the day and they held their position.

After about 10-15 minutes of nothing but the night sky hiding the secrets of the new Moon, something seemed to stir in a near by bush. Without hesitation, the Houndoom ignited the bush, sending the leaves and the poor Bug Pokemon to hell.
"False Alarm, just a Weedle." Said the Pokemon's owner as the hell hound came back to his side.

Suddenly, a great gust of air came blowing upon the Trainer, cutting off visual as an orange tinted blur swept through, not caring that there was a human and Pokemon in its way. The almost sound breaking speed of it jetted easily into the facility grounds and whirled around the bunker, spotting all openings and exist before choosing the main garage door.

The orange blur winded its newly formed cyan and orange tendrils back and proceed to Super Power its way through the metal door, crumpling it like cardboard. Immediately the guards and Pokemon got there bearings and realizations that this thing had easily gotten. "Attack!" Was hollered, but there was a large ball of Psychic energy, followed by a relentless assault of Super Powered blows to those that could resist the psychotic burst for before. As soon as the Trainers and Pokemon were either lying out clod or backing away for the cloud of smoke, it entered the facility.

Scientists and guards alike where looking up at this being, cowed in awe and fear as it walked towards the middle of the bunker, where a large machine was standing, like a capsule or containment pod. It's gazed fixed upon what was inside, half of glowing green gem, similar to the one in it's chest, like it belonged to it.

"Dragonite, Hyper Beam!" Called out a daring security guard as the Dragonite swooped in and fired at the cyan and orange figure. It dodged out of the way, but not before it lost half of it's left leg from the intense beam.
In seconds, the being's forme changed as it looked more like it was wearing armor and a fresh leg had be regenerated. Both scared and enraged, the Dragonite fired again as the alien looking being walked forward, bringing its widen arms up to slap the beams out of the way as it cornered the now helpless Dragon type.

All this being did was stare down the Dragonite and the Trainer
before jumping back to the containment pod, eyeing it. It slowly reached its hand, formed by it's tendrils, up to the opening mechanism and cracks the pod open. After the door was opened, it reached up and removed the emerald from where it lay, cradling it like a baby before it was absorbed into the being, restoring the center chest stone to what it once was, blinding the area in a white light of energy. And then the being was gone.

"Code one, stand down. Target has fled." The head security guard radioed to the rest of the facility as he looked at the man in charge. "I'm sorry, sir."
"Heh, that is alright, he is on the run now. Soon, Deoxys will be ours." The man chuckled to himself, like everything just went as planned  
Welcome to the Etrua Region

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45 46 47 48 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games