Annoying users who think you are younger. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gutsy Taiyaki

Pup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:58 am
I feel kind of annoyed. I have to put it in my signiture that I am in my 20's. Why? I am getting tired of some users on here assuming every gaian is a 13 year old anime fan. I had some person assume I was 13 years old and loved anime. I pretty much ignored him.

So, oldies. Discuss. Ever ran into a user who assumed you were younger?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:12 am
Oh yes!
And when i did reveal my age I was accused of being a ***** rofl
Because why else would a woman in her mid 20's be on gaia apparently
but to be a sexual predator to all the little young ones...
Then I was told it was in the rules of gaia that you couldn't be over 18 on this site...
I was also asked what age I role play.. which was weird because this little one told me she role played 16
even though she was 13...
That was when I said ummm well I am in my mid 20's so.....
Oh children. so very very stupid they are. User Image
But I have since found better forums, threads and such to frequent with people who are more my age and/or maturity level User Image

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Gutsy Taiyaki

Pup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:18 am
lady ayami chan
Oh yes!
And when i did reveal my age I was accused of being a ***** rofl
Because why else would a woman in her mid 20's be on gaia apparently
but to be a sexual predator to all the little young ones...
Then I was told it was in the rules of gaia that you couldn't be over 18 on this site...
I was also asked what age I role play.. which was weird because this little one told me she role played 16
even though she was 13...
That was when I said ummm well I am in my mid 20's so.....
Oh children. so very very stupid they are. User Image
But I have since found better forums, threads and such to frequent with people who are more my age and/or maturity level User Image

The rude user assume I was 13 and kept harassing me. Then goes.

"HOW DO YOU LIKE BEING A TEENAGER!?!!?"

Unless it is 1996, I am not a teenager anymore. SOme user on here also thinks anyone who is 18 needs to leave Gaia. If they really want a kiddie site, they can go to Neopets.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:24 am
Agent Crab

Unless it is 1996, I am not a teenager anymore. SOme user on here also thinks anyone who is 18 needs to leave Gaia. If they really want a kiddie site, they can go to Neopets.

rofl So very true, the fact of the matter is I really only ran into those kids in game rooms, towns etc.
I'm sure there are many many more people around here who share our pain.
There was yet another time that I was having a conversation with another user, who was I believe about 20 or so, about The Beastie Boys, to which a very young user asked if we were talking about Teen Titans rofl
I almost died.

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Gutsy Taiyaki

Pup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:40 am
lady ayami chan
Agent Crab

rofl So very true, the fact of the matter is I really only ran into those kids in game rooms, towns etc.
I'm sure there are many many more people around here who share our pain.
There was yet another time that I was having a conversation with another user, who was I believe about 20 or so, about The Beastie Boys, to which a very young user asked if we were talking about Teen Titans rofl
I almost died.

I also get asked if I love anime. gonk I am not much of an anime fan. I am more into Western cartoons.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:45 am
Agent Crab

I also get asked if I love anime. gonk I am not much of an anime fan. I am more into Western cartoons.

I'm an animation fan in general.
I love pretty visual things User Image
But I know what you mean xp
Just hang around here - the rest of the old folks wake up at some point User Image

I should get back to work now though User Image
I'm usually around back and forth all day during work day hours so
if you need an adult User Image hahaha
ta for now!

lady ayami chan

Virtuous Saint

Gutsy Taiyaki

Pup

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:50 am
lady ayami chan
Agent Crab

I'm an animation fan in general.
I love pretty visual things User Image
But I know what you mean xp
Just hang around here - the rest of the old folks wake up at some point User Image

I should get back to work now though User Image
I'm usually around back and forth all day during work day hours so
if you need an adult User Image hahaha
ta for now!

Thank you. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 am
Amen ladies. I've had this issue before when I've just been roaming towns for bugs and gold. Someone stops me to talk to them so out of politeness I will occasionally stop and have a nice chat, then once they realize my age they flip out. In fact one time I told someone my age and without saying another word, poofed out of the town we were in. I tend to stay away from towns in general and the other areas nowadays unless I'm really bored at night so I'll continue to do the bug hunting. And even then I go to the uninhabited areas of towns.

I'm sorry if they're really is a rule where people over 18 can't be part of Gaia, then I'm sure that the ultimate of Mods that actually run Gaia here would have made something to prevent people of older ages to come in. But why would they? You think that most of the younger crowds here would realize *GASP* That the people running Gaia are old people!? Oh perish the thought! rofl

Liada Trovaras

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:15 am
And like our dear angel Ayami said, come chat! Play with us! You'll feel better here. User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:28 am
I too have had others assume I am younger cuz I like talking, doing puzzles and rping. They start talking and the age question always comes up. Once they hear 50 they freak out! rolleyes I've been asked to leave rps cuz I'm too old.WTH?
I had some kid say she was going to report me for being old and on Gaia. I told her go ahead. Kids think they own everything. If it wasn't for an adult(s) the kids wouldn't have Gaia to begin with.

Pink Fregia

15,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100

Liada Trovaras

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 am
Huzzah to that Pink! User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:02 pm
((I'm the other of Ayami))
OMG really Pink!? asked you to LEAVE!?
That is terrible!
That's maybe the most horrible thing I've ever heard!
And report you for being old rofl sorry that is really really funny.
I can see the report now - but I'll spare us all the annoyance. User Image
I just hope I'm as cool as you when I'm 50 wink

SO true Lia, I mean who the hell do they think RUNS gaia?
A bunch of 13 year old genius computer nerds? rolleyes

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:54 pm
rofl If I ever get told I'm too old for Gaia I'll just point out that my mom is also on Gaia, and a very active roleplayer. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 pm
Kits Rose
rofl If I ever get told I'm too old for Gaia I'll just point out that my mom is also on Gaia, and a very active roleplayer. xd

I'm not that active with RPing ... User Image *scatters some happy fairy dust around* 4laugh  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:05 pm
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kits Rose

I'm not that active at RPing ... User Image *scatters some happy fairy dust around* 4laugh

More active than some people. 3nodding  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces