Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:43 pm
Quote:
Hey Kitomyx,

Evidently you have a very specific idea of what you want, and our Phony-style is quite far from that, since they're kinda roundish beanshaped cartoony constructs versus the traditional ethereal unicorn shape and features. Added to that is our setting, that our place is a theme park and all the Phonies are literally made out of plastic ponies. I thought to post this first to let you reconsider whether our style would be compatible to your evidently very established characters.

Apart from that, Starlight's name needs to be changed since there is already a Phony called Starlight, and Salina's will too since it's not a MLP-suitable name.

Again, you might want to think about it and edit your quests accordingly if you're still keen on them in our shop. smile Thanks.
Actually, sweet, I'm afraid you've misunderstood. XD I have the reference pictures of my character concepts in the traditional ethereal unicorn shape, yes, but I was looking to you and this shop to simplify them as needed. If you need more simplified visuals, however, it just so happens that I came across a pony-maker in the style that you're looking for.

Salina is like this, except with the mane perhaps a little more specific to the refs I gave prior. Her 'cutie mark' is not shown, but it's the same as I described here.

Sunshine is like this, but with the mane perhaps a little more specific to the refs I gave prior. Ringlets instead of curls, darker color, etc. Also, she has her gold sun pendant I showed in prior refs (similar to Salina's pendant) and if it's possible, I'd like her to have gem eyes like Luafien's pony, but gold in color like this. Her 'cutie mark' is not shown, but it's the same as I described here.

Moonbeam is like this, but with the mane perhaps a little more specific to the refs I gave prior. Long, feathery style rather than curled, layerd, etc. Also, she has her silver moon pendant I showed in prior refs (similar to Salina's pendant) and if it's possible, I'd like her to have gem eyes like Luafien's pony, but silver in color like this. Her 'cutie mark' is not shown, but it's the same as I described here.

Starlight is like this, but with the mane perhaps a little more specific to the refs I gave prior. More wild and less...'girly', but about the same length. Also, she has iridescent star collar I showed in prior refs and if it's possible, I'd like her to have gem eyes like Luafien's pony, but iridescent in color like this or this. Her 'cutie mark' is not shown, but it's the same as I described here. Also, for her body, mane, and tail coloring, there was no option for iridescent or gradient on the pony-maker I was using. However, if these ponies are too simplified to do something like an iridescent body base or mane & tail, would it be possible to just make them pastel gradients instead, as shown with the feathers of this pony, but with these colors?

It's good to know that the setting is a theme park, but I'm afraid I'm not sure how else that might apply to my quest. Is there something I need to change pertaining to that fact?

About Starlight's name...that is understood, but may I ask some suggestion from you/the rest of the staff in the case that another name might be too similar? For example, is a name like Starlite too similar, or Starbright?

As for Salina's name, would something like Imagination not work? If not, might you be able to suggest a better name pertaining to her concept? The staff here are so creative.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:19 am
Your descriptions stated "One of three celestial sisters; body design is that of a traditional unicorn with long fetlocks, tufted ears, and a tufted tail.", which led to the conclusion that you wanted something like that - a heavily edited Phony with traditional unicorn features. Because of our style, I'm not sure how well it'll translate and now I can't quite tell from your followup whether you're looking for those edits or not. Please clarify in your posts whichever's the case, as that will affect the QC process quite heavily.

The setting being a theme park applies most crucially to the provided backstory of your ponies - which is to say, they can't come into existence by way of a child's wish, literally be celestial, have immense powers, so on. There is the possibility of them having implanted memories, but due to the mundaneness of our setting, it'd be a little odd. You would likely have to reconsider their backstories and how they could fit better into our specific setting.

Starbright and Imagination are fine for names.

I hope this post helps, and it'd be great if you could clarify and integrate the information you posted into single posts for each Phony quest. Once that's done up, feel free to ask for QC again!  

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:06 am
Maxx D
Right; sorry about the body design. I only put that in the case that it would be possible. Seeing as it probably isn't, I scratched that out from the description. If the heavily edited body designs are possible, though, perhaps as a custom or a bribe, please let me know.

Same thing for the origin and powers. That was only put there in the case that it would be possible. I scratched that out, but I'm still not certain about the origins of the ponies in the setting of the shop, other than that they come from manufactured toys, so I'll just let that be left up to assumption. Whatever is acceptable for origins. I'm sorry for not having watched the most recent series of MLP cartoons, but I've seen the oldest versions, including the one with Scorpan, so I'd like to think I have at least some idea of what is going on. However, I'll be sure to watch the newest cartoons sometime soon.

Thank you for your input. It really helped a lot. Information has been integrated. Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:47 pm
Kitomyx
The traditional unicorn body design is possible, but your mileage may vary due to our pony style, which is why I first pointed it out. That, however, would be RLC only. Take your time to decide on those features and I'll QC your Phonies when you have. As a guide, all of them are currently Conditional Approval, restricted to laddered Gaia gold auctions and RLC, due to accessories and special colouring.

Our conditions have nothing to do with the FiM cartoon or the older cartoons, and everything to do with the setting of our shop written in pretty prominent places. The unicorn power specifications were in the front page, under the samples post, 'All About Your Little Phony':
Quote:
Unicorn Phonies possess unicorn magic - manifested through a sparkly glow around their horns. All unicorns possess the magic of telekinetic manipulation of reasonably-sized objects, a skill more important than it sounds for a species without opposable thumbs (not that that's ever seemed to stop the other Phonies). Other random magic abilities seem either specific to specific unicorns, or to the main character of the show, so don't get your hopes up.

And in our guild 'PLEASE READ: About Phonyland + Phonies + House Rules':
Quote:
Other than that, the only thing to keep in mind is that your Phony is theoretically one among vast numbers [whenever the factory hits its stride, anyway] of Phonies, so no one Phony [unless paid bucketloads for and marketed that way] should be a special snowflake - but if you're tasteful enough to be here, you didn't need us to tell you that, did you? ;D
Our shop has never been restricted to those who know the cartoon(s) and all our information is laid out.  

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:15 pm
Maxx D
Thank you very much for everything, but I'm afraid I have one, final question. sweatdrop

May I ask why Imagination's eyes are considered non-normative? Is it because I mentioned a 'loving' expression? If so, I can change that. I'm sorry; I didn't mean for it to be a big deal. They can be normal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:03 pm
Kitomyx
Thank you very much for everything, but I'm afraid I have one, final question. sweatdrop

May I ask why Imagination's eyes are considered non-normative? Is it because I mentioned a 'loving' expression? If so, I can change that. I'm sorry; I didn't mean for it to be a big deal. They can be normal.
It's because she has no pupils. Expression is always fine since it's in the actual form.  

Maxx D
Vice Captain

Garbage Cat

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:06 pm
Maxx D
Ah, actually she is the only one of all the ones posted that has pupils. Sorry, I didn't realize I had said anything about 'no pupils' for her...

Huh! You're right; I guess I did do that. Weird. Wouldn't the 'Alicorn' status also be one of those conditions that makes it a conditional approval?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:22 pm
Sorry, I have to interject here because I've realised through reading your question that Maxx left out an important note in Imagination's QC:

Yes, an 'alicorn' would make it conditional approval, and not only that, alicorns are attainable through RLC only. We actively discourage alicorns as they are associated with extreme rarity and uniqueness, and thus set the RLC prices for them significantly higher. To respect those who chose to pay the difference, we are not allowing the alicorn option through Gaian methods.

Aside from that, having an accessory, in her case a shooting star pendant, would also make the quest conditional approval. We tend to urge questers not to worry about whether the approval is conditional or not, as customs events that don't allow for conditionally approved quests are very rare.

(P.S. Assuming Maxx doesn't reply to your last question now that I've posted that, I'm just going to go ahead and guess he would have very helpfully said "Yes, but you only asked about her eyes." Eh, Maxx? ; )  

Jun D
Captain

Shoujo Shounen

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:27 pm
New pony alert! Please come meet him here!

EDIT: There are two up now!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:22 am
These two are seeking approval in order to attempt the Build-A-Pony contest! Critique would be very much appreciated, thank you.

Kitomyx
Fireflight: Please prioritise 1 quest for for QC, thank you. I'm only QCing each person's (self-determined) most important quest and it wouldn't be fair to do 2 for you.

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:02 am
Maxx D
Fireflight: Please prioritise 1 quest for for QC, thank you. I'm only QCing each person's (self-determined) most important quest and it wouldn't be fair to do 2 for you.
Oh. Sorry, I didn't know we were supposed to prioritize them or only pick one. I wouldn't have minded either.

But if you really want me to choose, uh...would you please QC Forest Frolic? Might be better since she's an Earth pony and they're supposed to be more common.

EDIT: Whoops! Looks like you beat me to it. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 pm
Bumping this up! And starting to wonder if I shouldn't just retire this thread and make a new one altogether...  

Kitomyx

Questionable Loiterer

Product Proposals | Quest Threads for Customs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas