Wanders off......
19%
 19%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 294

Madame_Fluffy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:44 am
Naoe_88
Madame_Fluffy
Kids these days and the way they choose to get their messages across via the written word.

I seriously weep for the English teachers who have worked so hard to teach their pupils the proper way to construct a sentence; only to see all that time having gone to waste when said pupils resort to using texting/twittering to state their thoughts, instead.

Gone is the intelligent way of writing; as, for some odd reason, it's far cooler to 'lyke, omg!1! t4lk lyke dis!!11'

The kids claim it's just faster to talk in text/twittering dialect; I've tried writing that way, my fellow geezers - and I can tell you, it's takes me far less time typing out a legible sentence than it does to get the same idea across through twittering.

It especially scares me when I hear discussions that such dialect will one day be taught in schools. O.o

If that is the case, should I ever be blessed with children, I'm homeschooling them. XP

someday ppl will be hired only if they can type 10 text messages a minute. better start practicing everyone lol

I think I'd rather remained self employed, thanks. XP  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:31 am
Lil-Jo
metal gypsy
SassyLuV
not to be rude or anything, but i thought this guild was 21 and up. i see a lot of teenagers in here. just wondering, not complaining.
lol I was gonna say the same thing. lol maybe they are old at heart. lol ;p

Some posts that were not over the limit of rude were left, sometimes it is funny to read a younger person's view on things... makes you remember how much you mature over the years.
lol we mature? i know my @ss has but aw shucks that means i gotta like eat my veggies and actually work again? darn, there goes my disillusionment of being forever young. ;p  

metal gypsy

metal gypsy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 am
Madame_Fluffy
Kids these days and the way they choose to get their messages across via the written word.

I seriously weep for the English teachers who have worked so hard to teach their pupils the proper way to construct a sentence; only to see all that time having gone to waste when said pupils resort to using texting/twittering to state their thoughts, instead.

Gone is the intelligent way of writing; as, for some odd reason, it's far cooler to 'lyke, omg!1! t4lk lyke dis!!11'

The kids claim it's just faster to talk in text/twittering dialect; I've tried writing that way, my fellow geezers - and I can tell you, it's takes me far less time typing out a legible sentence than it does to get the same idea across through twittering.

It especially scares me when I hear discussions that such dialect will one day be taught in schools. O.o

If that is the case, should I ever be blessed with children, I'm homeschooling them. XP
lmao between texting and ebonics our kids are scaring the hell out of me considering that like the guy from the breakfast club said these kids will be running our country when we get even older. lol ;p  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:37 am
`Toshio Saeki`
metal gypsy
`Toshio Saeki`
Kids these days scare the ever living daylights out of me....

It makes me scared to have kids of my own, cause I swear, if my children act like some of the ones I'm like a surrogate mother too... oh boy... that's gonna be a problem.

It's seems like kids these days can't wait to grow up. What's with that? I know I acted that way when I was 16 going on 12 but... now that I'm adult, I try to warn the children of this day and age that it's not all fun and games. You can't get your cake and eat it too in a world like today. @_@

yes but at that age how many really listen to advice anyways they always seem to have to learn the hardway, no? it is sad though. *shakes head* i wish I could go back to the 80s that's all I want. lol be a teen again listening to metal music now that is heaven for me.. i don't want to hear these whiny jonas brothers crappy music. disney is brainwashing the kids with playing the same stuff repetitively it is almost like mind torture lol. actually i'm serious. heh

I totally agree! I don't want to listen to Hannah Montana... I grew up listening to great singers like Celine Dion. At least Backstreet Boys and N*Sync were better than Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers. XD
that is true I was just complaining to my hubby about how the jonas brothers just friggin whine when they sing at least the backstreet boys sang the pop punk music is sad to and such an abomination to what we listened to in the day.  

metal gypsy

Mrs_Black_Bear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:39 am
I remember life before the internet and Apple comuters where you had to type in the commands instead of just clicking a mouse button.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:50 pm
Velouria Dragoon
Harbone
I remember when pop music was exciting.

Kids these days wouldn't survive two minutes in a mosh pit!

I went out dancing, the other day (for a given value of other day) and I almost fell asleep on the dance floor.

In my day, we played out music loud and hard! And violently!

And punk! You call that punk! Some of those guys can actually sing, that ain't punk!
Hell Yeah, punk rock is supposed to sound bad. Isn't that the whole point? These guys don't get it. And Emo? What's Emo... Why in my day a guy could be moody and dark without lables being put on them. Some of the groups I listened to were the fore runners of Emo. These kids today don't even know what emo is...

wasn't emo simply angst in the 90's? emo....pshhhh................danm kids call me emo. I'll spike your food with fiber one!!  

Gothic Star28

Gothic Star28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:55 pm
We had spice girls, who were like 10 times better then the pussycat dolls. I mean can any one really name them. And remember when ring tones were actually just phones ringing, not music?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:16 pm
I remeber when we had records not just the regular ones but the read alongkid books some came with records not tapes or cds like now. I baby sat for a couple kids when I was younger and they asked what a record was eek I felt old right then at the age of 17 I am now 30 I have some of the old records even though I cant play them so I can show my son what they are. I even remember 8track tapes man my mom loved those.  

Crystalwolf78

Digital Becca

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:29 pm
There weren't so many preg. girls in my highschool 8 years ago...now it seems like 7 out of 10 are preg. Also, the clothing is SO bad. I remember when kids wore their pants properly...what is with this need to show us their underwear? And don't think it's just the guys, the girls wear their panties too high, or their skirts too short...UGH.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:00 pm
Digital Becca
There weren't so many preg. girls in my highschool 8 years ago...now it seems like 7 out of 10 are preg. Also, the clothing is SO bad. I remember when kids wore their pants properly...what is with this need to show us their underwear? And don't think it's just the guys, the girls wear their panties too high, or their skirts too short...UGH.

And don;t foget those hideous G-strings.

Those things were not meant to be seen outside of a strip bar. XP  

Madame_Fluffy

Catrix

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:06 pm
Gothic Star28
Velouria Dragoon
Harbone

I went out dancing, the other day (for a given value of other day) and I almost fell asleep on the dance floor.

And punk! You call that punk! Some of those guys can actually sing, that ain't punk!
Hell Yeah, punk rock is supposed to sound bad. Isn't that the whole point? These guys don't get it. And Emo? What's Emo... Why in my day a guy could be moody and dark without lables being put on them. Some of the groups I listened to were the fore runners of Emo. These kids today don't even know what emo is...

wasn't emo simply angst in the 90's? emo....pshhhh................danm kids call me emo. I'll spike your food with fiber one!!

LOL I always considered EMO the same as like ALTERNATIVE....the black finger nails and all and the eye liner....or guy liner...I remember guys wearing guy liner 13 or more yrs ago  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:48 pm
Catrix
Gothic Star28
Velouria Dragoon
Harbone

LOL I always considered EMO the same as like ALTERNATIVE....the black finger nails and all and the eye liner....or guy liner...I remember guys wearing guy liner 13 or more yrs ago

I remember that, too. And yet...a lot of them now think they've invented something new. rolleyes rofl  

PearLady

Sarah_Jones69

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:40 pm
Eh, I have these kids my age that live across the street from me....they enjoy riding their dirt bike up and down the street at 4 in the morning....I hate it....I've already called the cops twice...some people have no respect..... scream  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:44 am
Crystalwolf78
I remeber when we had records not just the regular ones but the read alongkid books some came with records not tapes or cds like now. I baby sat for a couple kids when I was younger and they asked what a record was eek I felt old right then at the age of 17 I am now 30 I have some of the old records even though I cant play them so I can show my son what they are. I even remember 8track tapes man my mom loved those.

I had three I remeber really weel. And my first cabage patch kid did not have her hair sewen all the way around. Bald underneath yup yup  

Gothic Star28

Arcanasylvana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:57 am
Crystalwolf78
I remeber when we had records not just the regular ones but the read along kid books some came with records not tapes or cds like now.

I had some of those! LOL

Killed me when my step-mother and my dad finally got rid of all those old records. Some of those i seriously loved.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff