Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Realm of Dreams

Back to Guilds

A welcoming guild to all rpers with a hope to make new friends and try all types of rps. 

Tags: roleplay, dreams 

Reply Roleplaying
The Darkest Of Hearts {{Accepting -- Not Open}}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tarrant le Sorcier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:03 pm
THE DARKEST OF HEARTS

User Image
"Speak.
I am the Crimson One.
The lies and the mist are
Not they but I.
You all know that I am One.
Yes, and the One is I.
Believers hearken to me!
Twenty score men and
Seven thousand beasts.
Heed my words and speaketh them
To all, that they shall ever be
Obeyed even under the light of
The proud and merciless sun.
I shall bring down bitter vengeance
Upon thee and thou shalt suffer
My eternal wrath.
The beauty of the withering flower
And the last struggles of the dying
Man, they are my blessings.
Thou shalt ever call upon me and
All that is me in the place that is
Silent.
Oh, proud fragrance of life which
Flies towards the heart. Oh Cup
Which brims with the whitest of
Wine, it is in thee that all begins."

-Opening- -Background- -Current- -Rules- -Skeleton- -Citizens- -Cultists- -Outsiders-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 pm
THE DARKNESS THAT IS PAST

User Image
Within the depths of this world – and, indeed, within the depths of our very souls – are secrets both great and terrible. Hidden beyond the shadows of these dark places are the worst kind of life-forms, which fuel both fear and imagination. None can say from where these Abominations stem, or what atrocious machinations cause their harsh and twisted wills to churn. All that is known of them are those who worship them, and in turn, whom they aid. These that give praise to such creatures are called The Order – a group of fanatic, destructive cultists, who seek to use these dark powers and usher in a new dawn. The minds of The Order are almost as depraved as the Abominations they follow and obey, and their methods of worship are maddening and ritualistic. They will never stop until their goals are reached; a new world, baptized in cleansing fire, birthed by cruelty, and ruled by a God that knows only love for Her people.
The first commonly known actions committed by The Order took place in a city known as Silent Hill, and branched out very little over the years. No clear records exist detailing how or why The Order was founded; all that is clear is their intentions. However, time after time, they have failed in their endeavors to manifest their God and summon their ‘paradise’. While many of The Order blame the intervention of outsiders, who seemed to find their way into Silent Hill or otherwise involve themselves in The Order’s plans, a few know the truth – there has been no one sitting on the High Council of The Order for decades. The members of the previous High Council were disbanded in the middle of the 20th century, for reasons conceivable only to them.

-Opening- -Background- -Current- -Rules- -Skeleton- -Citizens- -Cultists- -Outsiders-

Tarrant le Sorcier

Tarrant le Sorcier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:10 pm
THE DARKNESS THAT IS PRESENT

Now, a new High Council has been formed, through the efforts of the highest-ranking and most secretive Order members. A group of three youths have been raised and psychologically conditioned to serve as the perfect leaders, as well as ideal servitors of their God’s will. In a small, isolated mountain town in Arizona, called Whitewash Valley, these youths have taken their first steps to ruling The Order – by using their training and dark inheritance to call the Otherworld to cover the entire town. And now they run Whitewash Valley as their own kingdom, leaving many alive within so as to build up their own following.

Whitewash Valley is where you find yourself – whether you are one of the new High Council, a member of The Order following them, a resident who's survived the initial summoning of Otherworld, or an outsider who has been drawn to this obscure town for your own reasons, you are now trapped inside of a nightmarish world from which you may not awake. Perhaps throughout the town, you will find clues as to the nature of the new Council members, and unravel their grasp on the city. Or perhaps you will simply learn to find a way to call this Hell home…if, in fact, any are capable of surviving here for long.

{{The setting of this role play is based on the Silent Hill series. Since there are only vague descriptions of how and why the Otherworld function, in addition to who and what operate around and within it, I’ve clearly taken a few creative liberties of my own.}}

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:15 pm
ORDER FROM CHAOS

- Literacy, first and foremost. No ** to describe actions, no one-liners, use of (()) and such for meta-play / off topic segments, and all that good stuff.
- No god-modding, auto-hitting, or mercilessly slaughtering other players.
- Given the nature of the subject material, content will be pushing the limits of PG-13. Romance must be kept in check, violence can be descriptive but not be horrifically obscenely graphic, and it would be preferred if language-use could be kept to a minimum, or at least used intelligently.
- There are three two positions available for High Council members; beyond that, no real limitations on character’s status, allegiance or profession.
- Follow the profile sheet given below – for those making High Council members, the ability to influence the beings within the Otherworld can be added to the sheet. PM all profiles to me, with 'Darkest Of Hearts' or something similar as the subject.
- For further clarification of the rules that should be followed, refer to the "Official Rules" thread. Or if you require any additional details, or have questions or suggestions, feel free to PM me. I seek to bring something enjoyable to you, not to myself.
- I am clearly capable of changing these rules should I feel it necessary, or should the need arise. But I trust you lot.

Tarrant le Sorcier

Tarrant le Sorcier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:41 pm
CASTING APPLICATION
This is the profile sheet used for character creation. Apart from the basics, like name and age and a backstory, each character has;
An affiliation, meaning whether they're Cultists, Citizens, or Outsiders;
An occupation, meaning what they do or did professionally - these should vary from person to person, so we don't have a city full of ex-marines or dentists;
A set of skills associated with their occupation, meaning what they're particularly good at because of what they do or did for a living;
A few talents, meaning things they're naturally talented at;
A couple of vices, meaning a negative trait or weakness that the character possesses, such as an addiction or a personality flaw;
A small list of supplies, that they've either brought with them or gathered about the town;
And weapons, which should be reflected by your character's occupation and/or time spent in the city, the most likely being improvised weaponry (shovels, bits of piping, rebar) as well as basic conventional weapons (small firearms, knives, fire axes) for residents or cult members - however, larger or more exotic weapons may be used, but that means less room for supplies. Outsiders may arrive with a larger arsenal if deemed appropriate.
In addition, those playing the parts of High Council members may include 'Incluence over creatures of Otherworld' in their Skills.

[b]Name : [/b]
[b]Appearence : [/b]
(Paste the image of your character in the place of this text)
[b]Age : [/b]
[b]Gender : [/b]
[b]Affiliation : [/b]
[b]Occupation : [/b]
[b]Skills : [/b]
[b]Talents : [/b]
[b]Vices : [/b]
[b]Supplies : [/b]
[b]Weapon : [/b]
[b]Personality : [/b]
[b]Background : [/b]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:23 pm
INNOCENTS ENSNARED
Citizens of Whitewash Valley who still remain after the summoning of the Otherworld.

___Empty____

Tarrant le Sorcier

Tarrant le Sorcier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:31 pm
DENIZENS OF THE ORDER
The three members of the High Council, others within The Order, and those who have allied with them.

Maddigan Kthanid

Name : Ian Pierce
Appearence :
User Image
Affiliation : Cultist
Skills : Influence over creatures of Otherworld, Chemistry, Hematology, Physiology, Teratology
Talents : Intuitive aptitude, mental calculation, diplomacy
Vices : Work obsession, spontaneous bouts of depression, addicted to PTV
Supplies : Advanced chemistry set, package of White Claudia flowers and seeds
Weapon : 9mm pistol w/ extra clip
Personality : Generally quiet and highly focused on his work. While mostly soft-spoken, he's been known to get highly excited when a project of his is coming to fruition, or when research from a recent sacrifice has yielded particularly promising results.
Background : As with the other two High Council members, Ian has been raised from early infancy to provide specific aspects of leadership to The Order. Often calling himself the "Philosopher", or sometimes the "Theologist", Ian's particular training involved the combination of The Order's religious beliefs with complex scientific formula. A large part of his job is the manufacture and distribution of PTV, a hallucinogenic compound The Order uses to help with the spread of their belief. Unfortunately, through creating it so often, Ian himself has grown quite fond of it, and actually spends much of his time under its effects, even when he's working. Currently, Ian is holed up in the Whitewash Valley clinic, which he's come to call his 'Asylum'. Locked away in several rooms within the clinic are Ian's 'patients' - a dozen or so people whom Ian uses as subjects for his various chemical treatments and sacrificial experiments. He's even trapped a couple of the creatures from the Otherworld, and performs tests on them, in an attempt to better understand what makes them tick. Even some other cult members find this rather disturbing, especially considering Ian is one of the youngest members in the known history of The Order, let alone being the youngest High Council member.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:38 pm
VISITORS TRAPPED WITHIN
Those who entered Whitewash Valley once it had already been plunged into the Otherworld.

Ceric Nightclaw
Name : Ceric Leox
Appearence :
User Image
Affiliation : Outsider
Skills : Combat; hand to hand, firearms, knife. Tracking.
Talents : Being German, Ceric can hold his drink extremely well. He's also resistant to cold.
Vices : Drinking, gambling
Supplies : M67 Fragmentation Grenade, x 3. M84 Flashbang Grenade x 2. White Phosphorus Number 76 Special Incendiary Grenade x 2. First aid kit, gun cleaning and repair kit. Water, food, gasmask. Standard issue backpack. Extra grenades and ammunition carried in this when available. Knife care kit. Machete.
Weapon : HK G36c [5.56 mm, grip and red dot sight, thirty round magazine x 5, including one already in gun], HK P8 Handgun, [12 round magazine x 5, including one already in gun. Holster customized for quick-draw.], Remington 870 Shotgun[12 Gauge Pump-Action, thirty-two shells including the eight already loaded. Triggerguard customized to act as brass knuckles.] Standard issue combat knife.
Personality : Ceric has a quick temper, though he's able to reign it in most of the time. He enjoys life, living it to the fullest. When he's not on a job, he's drinking or gambling, or hooking up with random women. He's very humor-oriented, making jokes whenever the opportunity arises. Ceric is also very blunt. He doesn't give a damn what you think, and will tell you so the second he decides that. He has a serious side, as well. Whenever he goes into combat mode, Ceric takes a no-bullshit approach, proving that there's a reason why his arrogance has yet to get him killed. Despite what appearance he may give on the outside, he's a keen thinker, and reacts quickly.
Background : (In production...)

Tarrant le Sorcier

Tarrant le Sorcier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:20 pm
{{Currently accepting profiles -- awaiting characters before opening.}}

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out