Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:11 pm
User Image

"What a pretty moon~" Scheherazade commented wistfully as she stretched out on her back infront of the den. The little pale Banu stretched her forepaw up to the sky to gently stroke the sides of the celestial orb. It was pretty, and yet, so very alone. The stars were there, but it wasn't the same as another moon, was it?

She could relate. There were other Pesars and Banu her age, but they weren't the same as her.

Scheherazade dropped her paw onto her stomach, and continued to star up at the night sky. Since she had slept the day away, it was time for night, and since she couldn't go out on her own, she was left to her musings.

However odd they may be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:19 pm
User Image

Obadias had attempted to sleep earlier that evening, after the feed had been gathered and all had been fed, but his sleep was restless an the visions plagued him. He woke earlier then he usually did, and noticed that most in his den were sleeping. His banu and cubs were peaceful - except for one. He frowned, noticing the absence of a particularly pale female, one of Mihika's daughters.

Lifting himself carefully from the floor of the den, he stepped lightly so as not to wake anyone or bump into anything. He worried that perhaps the banu had snuck of and he would be left to find her somewhere in the pride, but the flash of white soon caught his eye by the mouth of the den. He sighed, but an amused smile twisted his mouth. He used to do the same thing most nights when he was younger, admittedly because he could not sleep.

"You should be sleeping, little one," he told the leopardess gently as he approached. His voice was quiet, careful not to wake any behind him.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:06 pm
Rolling her head to the side with a smooth grin, Scheherazade looked up at her 'father'. He blended in so well with the night that she had a hard time distinguishing where he was at first. "Why?" She squirmed around on her back so that her body made a crescent shape. "Why do we have to sleep during the dark? The moon's much prettier than the sun~"

The young leopard stared blankly up at Obadias. What would it be like to have a mane like his? Was it warm? How much food could he fit in it? "Can't sleep?" Seeing as most nights she kept an irregular sleeping pattern, she started to pick up on her father's habits.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:01 pm

Obadias gave a small smile as she rolled on her back, staring up at him. Her question was not really a surprise. She was a rather curious thing. "Because all other creatures do," Obadias pointed out, sitting himself beside her. "It would be hard for us to gather food if all our pray were sleeping, hidden away somewhere and we were all awake." It might make hunting easier though. Hunting sleeping prey.

He glanced back down at his daughter at her more surprising question and gave a half-smile. "No, I couldn't." He brushed a paw down her head, like a pay ."Don't tell your mother," he said gently. He knew both Parvana and Mihika worried over Obadias' lack of sleep, and he tried not to worry them with how early he really woke up most days. Despite the hour, Obadias would likely not get back to sleep again that night.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:04 pm
Scheherazade stretched out one hindleg, curling her claws into the air before doing the same with all of her paws. It was the perfect way to stretch out the energy that plagued her. Useless nuiscance that it was. "It would be funner that way, though. Like hide and seek, but with food." She licked her lips lethargically.

She nodded. "Knew it." Scheherazade leaned into his touch, scootching herself closer to her father so that she could lean back against the warmth of his fur. "Kay." Even though she wasn't overly concerned with it herself, the young Banu knew that her mother and Parvana worried over their Pad. However, now that she had him to herself..."Can we go exploring?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:04 pm

A low chuckle slipped from Obadias' throat without his conscious thought. Like hide and see, with food. It was a clever analogy and he was proud of the little girl for thinking so much, and questioning practically everything. He wrapped a paw around her as she leant closer to him, using his fur as a pillow so that she could rest against it. He was content where he was, watching the night sky with his daughter, but she clearly had other ideas.

"Exploring?" He repeated and hesitated. He disliked leaving his banu and other cubs unattended at night, though he knew little would approach them in the pride, and his brother was right in the next den, if something were to happen. He glanced down at his daughter and nodded. "Not for long," he told her, consenting. He gave a half smile. "Where do you wish to explore?"

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:37 pm
Scheherazade's forelegs hung lifelessly over Obadias' paw, snuggling it closer still to the her little body. It was warm here, just sitting under the stars with her father, but the urge to travel was too strong. She slipped out from under his
paw, and bounced out away from the den a little bit before turning around with a leopard's grace.

She grinned. "I've never been out in the dark before." She commented wistfully. "I wonder what it will be like? What kind of animals are awake? Are they fuzzy?" The little Banu tilted her head to the side, lost in a distant thought before she shook it out. Her father was still waiting for her answer. "Anywhere, and everywhere."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:23 pm

Obadias listened to her questions with delight, and could not help but give another low chuckle. That was one of her questions? Were they fuzzy? He shook his head in amusement before refocusing on the leopardess he called his daughter. "You must not go exploring at night alone," he warned her, suddenly serious. He got to his feet, and nudged her, but his touch was gentle. "It is dangerous, and the darkness can hide many things. Promise me you will only travel out if you have a companion, preferably someone who can take care of you."

He would never want any of his cubs injured, and that included his adopted cubs. As females, they would have to be extra careful too.

He nudged her again, his touch still gentle. "Follow me, alright?" He instructed, and began to lead her away, towards the lake. He had met Parvana there, and it had always been a beautiful spot, especially at night with the moon reflected in the water. It was also dangerous for cubs at night, since the muddy spots could get them stuck or they could trip into the water, but Obadias would keep a close watch on his daughter.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:02 pm
Scheherzade was barely listening when she caught the warning tone in her father's voice. For a moment, she pondered the statement, and deciding that it would be better to say something nice instead of what she felt, the little leopardess nodded. "Of course." One night she may very well wonder out on her own, and face terrible consequences for it, but would it be worth it? Maybe tomorrow night...

She rubbed up against him, swaying her tail as she started out on her way. "Okay," the little banu chirped, eager just to start her adventure. The night held so many wanders! The further they padded away from the den, the stranger the terrain became, and she could almost believe she was in a different pride.

Or the rogue lands. Would the rogue lands have harems? Did elephants live in harems? Now, there was a question to ask her mother in the morning.

Scherazade padded closer to the water with her luminescent eyes scanning out over the inky depths. She put one paw in the cool stillness, delighting in the dark ripples that spread out as a result. "It's so pretty!"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:59 pm

Obadias followed Scherazade with an affectionate smile on his face, enjoying the excitement that she exuded. It was like everything was a new adventure to the girl, and that everything was something exciting to be explored. It was resfreshing, Obadias thought, with a fond chuckle as she exclaimed over the lake's prettiness.

"It is," he agreed, stepping up beside her and gazing down at the water. He loved the lake. He had such fond memories there. "Your other mother and I used to come here all the time when we were younger," he told his 'daughter' fondly, speaking of Parvana. "I had forgotten how beautiful it was at night though."

He nuzzled the top of her head. "Of course, not as beautiful as my daughters," he teased.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:18 pm
Scheherazade glided with her side to the water so she could still play and have her father's full attention. "Did you really? That must have been romantic." She commented wistfully, more curious than swoonful. The young Banu could definately see the appeal the water held, and knew it would help in that kind of thing.

She responded to his nuzzle by arching her back to stay in contact as long as possible, grinning so wide, she put the Chesire cat to shame. "Of course not. The lake can't love you as much as we do." And she spoke it truthfully. She thought the world of her family, regardless of species. Everything that she could remember was laid out before her in an endless parade of fond memories.

Then, her curiosity piped up once more.

"...so, if you come here with mother Parvana, where do you go with momma?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:42 pm

Obadias smiled a little at her wistful tone, nodding his head. "Looking back now, it was romantic, but at that age, I just wanted to have something special with her, something that was ours, he admitted. He had been uncertain back then, whether Parvana would be his or not, and he had taken comfort in the lake - knowing that no matter what had happened, they would always have their spot.

He chuckled and wrapped a paw around her gently. "I would hope not!" he pouted down at her jokingly. He had been so proud to be a father when he took in Mihika's cubs, anxious and nervous and unsure of what to do, but he loved them like his own - and had never regretted taking them in as his own.

He paused at her comment, and frowned. "Well, I don't really have a place with your Momma," he admitted, surprised. "I suppose I should get one. Any ideas?" He asked. He needed more time with Mihika, he decided, and having a spot of their own would be romantic, and would help her feel more comforted and safe in the Ukuucha, he decided. He'd have to find something for them.

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:58 am
So that was it, then. Scheherazade pondered what it must have been like, to have a special friend that you had to find someplace special just to be with. It sounded exciting, to say the least! And yet, she never entertained the thought that such a thing might happen to her. After all, she was a leopard, and unlike her brother, she had accepted the fact.

Scheherazade laughed as soon as she saw her father's face. She liked this side of him; the almost playful, talkative father figure that she didn't always get to see in the day time. It loosened her laughter and filled it with warmth to know that for now, this was her time.

Shaking her head free of the remaining giggles, Scheherazade looked back out over the water. "You don't?" She murmured, rolling her eyes up to the moon. "You really should. Maybe a big tree? Momma likes to climb. Or maybe even the moon. It's high enough, don't you think?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Obadias loved being able to spend time with his cubs one-on-one, it allowed him to be more affectionate than he could be during the day. Pad's were supposed to be reserved, and more protective than affectionate - which Obadias was able to be, but he still liked these moments.

He peered up at the moon with her, looking thoughtful, though he hid a grin at her idea that perhaps his and Mihika's 'place' would be the moon. "I'm sure your mother would love that, but I'm not sure how easy getting to the Moon would be," he told her seriously, still stifling a grin at the cub-like idea. "Though a big tree would be good. Your mother is a wonderful climber, though it'd need to be easy for me to climb." He pulled a face at the idea of climbing, making sure it was over-exaggerated so as to amuse his daughter more. "My clumsy paws aren't that good at climbing, unfortunately."

Painted Moose
((We should finish this RP~ ))

Velveteen Angel

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:26 pm
Velveteen Angel

Scheherazade scrunched up her face, full out rolling her eyes. That was such a papa answer! It was neither a yes or a no, just a thought. Though she herself dealt in possibilities. "She would really like it, but I guess it would take too long to get their. You'd have to die and become a God first." That's what a friend had told her anyway, and she believed it whole heartedly. Gods were just dead people, and if you could be a God, then why would you want to be here? "So I think a tree is best, since if you went too far away you'd have to take Parvana too. Then it wouldn't be special."

She laughed and pushed at him with her paws. "You could climb better if you didn't have so much fur! It gets in the way." Scheherazade stood and stretched out.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff