Reply The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]
Remembering a past life?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:20 pm
(I'm honestly terrible as choosing where to put these topics sweatdrop )

So you guys, lately I've been noticing way more than usual, something that's been around for my whole life. There are things I've always been drawn to like antiques, dolls, jewellery, clothes, all from the victorian era. I've always felt like they were familiar.
Now I have the foggiest vision sometimes of what seems like a really really old memory. I see a room that looks from that era with laced windows and beige walls, a mirror on the wall and a piano and wooden posh furniture.

This may sound stupid, but could this possibly be linked to a previous life? And if so, how can I find out more?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:03 pm
It's possible.

I do regressions though the use of hypnosis, though it's not something I recommend someone do on their own - if they've never done it before. Not that it's necessarily dangerous, but it can be a very emotional experience, and when one is in a highly emotional state, it can be difficult to remember that one is only experiencing a memory. So it's better to have someone around who can anchor you, and guide you if needed.

There are other methods (like through dreams), but I'll be honest I don't really know anything about them, as I don't feel that they are all that reliable (if there is such a thing as "reliable" in regression work xd ).  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:22 pm
Wow, that sounds quite interesting! Would you be able to tell me a little about how to do that? (Normally I find it hard to grasp meditation, let alone harder stuff which need a clear mind and concentration)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:19 pm
I've noticed things like that as well. I've noticed being attracted to pretty much anything that has to do with the Victorian Era. As you said, clothing, jewelery, furniture and the like. And from what I've noticed as well, is the way I carry myself. I have a personality, which resembles more that of a Victorian Englishman or noble, than someone of the same age in today's world. I'm extremely picky about elegance and manners. I've always noticed that I prefer the taste of red wine and tea. I'm not really sure if any of that has to do with being in a past life, but I just find it to be very unusual for someone my age in today's world, to act like I do and to present myself the way I do.

I've noticed that throughout my life as I grew old enough to start understanding things around me, I've had a dream that comes to me each year, around the same time and it's usually right around when Autumn hits. It's a first person dream. I can't tell what I'm wearing, myself, but I can see a lot of the fashion resembles that of the Victorian Era. I can see stage coaches roaming the streets of London. Men and women walking about. One woman, who is standing next to me, is dressed in a very elegant and rich looking dress. She has the most beautiful voice and her brown hair is absolutely exquisite and very well kept. She was a very pretty woman, but it's like I'm viewing all of this through the eyes of someone else. It's right around evening because the sky was beginning to change color. Just before the sun went down. I can't ever remember what we talk about, but I do remember the man, I assume is myself, introducing her as his wife. The rest is pretty fuzzy though. But, it's the same dream that happens every time.  

Sorin Markhov

Tifey_Lewis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 pm
Brian Weiss =D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:54 pm
Tifey_Lewis
Brian Weiss =D

Eh? sweatdrop

@Takayama: Yeah I know what you mean. Most of the time I can't even remember my dreams, I get the familiarity more as daydreams or sort of visions (dunno how else to describe them) which is why I'm a bit nervous about the reliability. However, there are certain scenes which just keep coming to me over and over and I know that they must be from somewhere.
There's that one I mentioned in the first post - a dark room that I have seen from two angles (can only assume it's the same room in both angles). The first shows in almost complete darkness where I can't really see much except two windows covered with that classic lace stuff and heavy dark curtains which are pinned back and what looks like a small black piano between them. If I'm right in thinking it's a (baby?) grand piano then this place must have been bloo-dy RICH! I also can't see anything out the windows past the lace and blinding brightness from outside. And the other angle is from around where the piano is facing the right-hand wall. The light from the window shows the walls are halved with beige (striped?) paper along the top and wooden paneling along the bottom. There's maybe a couple of fancy chairs and a small table and a small gold oval mirror on the wall. A nice-looking but plain door can be seen in the corner on the adjacent wall.

I've seen the odd other brief thing like a dining room with a large table and cabinets against the wall, but I can't remember much. I drew a picture of that first bit I described a while ago and the picture makes me feel kind of sad... which lead me to write a poem about it xd but yeah, I just wish i knew how to find out more, or even prove if I'm just imagining things.

(God, didn't expect to go into that kind of detail sweatdrop sorry)  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:02 am
Brian Weiss is an psychiatrist/author who done quite a bit of work with past live regressions.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:29 pm
Ahh right! Thank you, I will look him up. 3nodding  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas