Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[How To] Black moon White sun Divination, Cheap&Affordable

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:48 am
Black moon White sun Divination
User Image

Back Story: So I was at my favorite pagan shop, Mystic Side, and I stumbles upon a new tool that I had never seen before. It was a small little pouch with sun and moon charms in it. I went to the store clerk and asked her what it was. She explained to me that they were called Black moon White sun Divination stones. She also explained how they worked. You create a yes or no question to ask the stones, and then without looking you pull to ceramic stones. If you pulled two White Suns then the answer to your question is yes. If you pulled two Black Moons the answer is a no. If you happened to pull both a White Sun and a Black Moon then the answer is not developed enough or has no answer yet, and you need to make a better question before you ask it again. I loved the idea, but I did not have $10 to spend at the time. So I got clever.

What you need for this Project:
~A container that you can not see through. A fabric pouch works best but even a card board box would work. Even a silly witches hat you got for Halloween would be excellent, and make it look a little more fun.
~Stones/Glass Charms. This can be as basic as some nice weathered stones you found in the local brook or glass blobs you bought from your local dollar store. If you want to go all out, you can buy beads. The only important thing to remember here is that you need two different kinds. This can be black and white, or red and blue, or what ever color scheme works for you. I suggest keeping it male and female colors.
---IMPORTANT---Your stones must be of about the same size. Beads work great because they are all the exact same size, so you only need a few in the pouch (like 10, 5 white and 5 black). Stones and glass blobs, however, are irregularly shaped and you might become accustomed to a size or feel so that you can cheat the system. If the size does vary in the pouch, make sure it varies amongst the suns and moons. Also, with size or irregular shapes, you would benefit from having more to choose from the pouch (like 50-100, 25-50 white and 25-50 black). I prefer the irregularities myself, and the more you have the more fun and real it feels.
~Paint (optional). I myself did not use paint but some of you might have to, because river rocks may not be colored differently and you might need to color them yourself.

How to make the Set:
1. Go collect your stones. Be sure that they have a similar weight or size, or at least close to it. A huge rock the size of you fist and a tiny pebble the size of a pea would not help you. Ranging from about a 1" circumference to a 1.5" or 2" circumference is fine. Take these stones back to your house so that you can use them.
2. Get yourself a pouch. This can be a paper bag or an elaborate hat. If you are having trouble finding a pouch you can make a simple pouch by taking a long rectangular piece of cloth and folding it over. Sew up two sides, leaving one side open, and you have a very simple pouch.
3. Look at your stones. If you have purchased stones that already have two different colors on them you do not need this step. On the other hand, you might wish to leave your stones looking very natural, and will also skip this step. Choose two colors that you like. Black and white, Gold and Silver, Red and Blue, Green and Yellow, which ever you choose. It is nice to keep the Sun charms a color of the god and the moon charms a color of the goddess, but that might not be the case. Find paint in that color, acrylic works fine as does spray paint. Carefully paint the stones according to the paint you chose. When you are done, and have a little money to spend, you might want to put on an poly acrylic finish to ensure that the paint will not fall off in the tumbling in the pouch.
4. Now you might want to take it one step further. The stones I saw in the store had little suns and moons painted on them. If you are feeling adventurous you might want to paint suns on your sun charms and moons on you moon charms. This can give your stones a little extra flare.
5/ Finally you can place the charms in the pouch and shake them around a little while asking it a question. Pull out two stones and read the future.

EDIT
Even a cheaper idea. You can take a chess set and throw the pieces in the box. Pull out two and make the reading. They are already black and white, and every piece has a counter piece in the other color. It will work, but personally, I wold prefer to make the stones.
User Image

Some Idea Pics
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/zabazor/stenen1.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/zabazor/Stone3.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/zabazor/white-and-black-small-stones-lay-in-a-hand-thumb5750355.jpg
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p131/zabazor/107_sklenene-oblazky166.jpg  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:01 am
this is a really cool idea!

i think after the holidays, i might make a set of these~
thanks for making the tutorial~  

Nostalgiacola

Mega Nerd

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:14 am
Sweet...When you finish making it I would love to see a pic of it in the how to.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:58 pm
I tried it and asked a question. I used beads as suggested, since it was the only thing I had available. I drew two suns. biggrin  

Sorin Markhov

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:06 pm
glad to hear it. It helps some times to charge the stones in the sun light and the moonlight, but it is not needed.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:50 pm
zabazor
glad to hear it. It helps some times to charge the stones in the sun light and the moonlight, but it is not needed.

I found it doesn't work too well on my friends. It works best on myself.  

Sorin Markhov

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:01 pm
Like all divination tools it can lie to you, or predict a future that doesn't happen. To avoid this you cleans the tool before you use it. Being that they are stone, a water cleansing would work, or any other type of cleansing.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games