Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:08 am
Who else went to the midnight premeire in costume?! biggrin cool razz

I liked this production even though:
1) Bill didn't look like how I imagined him.
2) They didn't include the line where Harry tells Ron "Hermione is like my sister. I thought you knew that."
3) Wormtail doesn't die! evil

I especially loved:
1) The way that they did Hermione's bag and the scene with Luna's father. I was worried they'd make those too minor, but they didn't. smile
2) That they included Harry digging Dobby's grave. There were people sobbing loudly in the cinema during that scene! crying
3) The scene where George walks in on Ginny and Harry snogging. It was HILARIOUS despite the fact that it didn't happen in the books! biggrin

I think that the people that didn't read the books must have been confused about the mirror shard because it wasn't in the previous films, and in this movie they didn't explain what it was. Well, I'm still pleased with this film overall. heart

What did you think of it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:54 am
I did go to the midnight premiere, but I didn't go in costume because I was sick and tired and wanted to be comfy so I wore sweatpants, a hoodie, boots, and my letterman instead.

Overall, I loved the movie. I mean, they did change things, and leave things out, but they always will. But the things that they did leave out/change were minor and it wasn't something vital to the movie to help us understand what was going on. They stayed true to the book, and is definitely my favorite Potter movie thus far. However, there was one thing that I did not like at all. I did not like how instead of using the Cruciatus Curse on Hermione, Bellatrix carved Mudblood into her arm instead. I hated that scene so much because of that. But that's theonly thing in the movie that I really did not like. I absolutely LOVE where they ended it. I mean, in my opinion, they could not have ended the movie in a more perfect spot.

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:05 pm
Gah, this was the best movie I've ever seen in my life. Period. They did stay true to the book which was awesome. For once they did want we wanted them to do!

I loved Luna's random comments.
"Let's go dad, Harry doesn't wanna talk to us. He's just too polite to say it."
"That's a curious thing to keep in your sock."

And Dobby.
"Of course, sir. I'm an elf..."

Was it me or did they change Dobby a little? Like he wasn't as wrinkly and his eyes were a little smaller? Poor, poor Dobby. So sad =(.

Yeah, I was wondering about Bellatrix not using Cruciatus on Hermione. I thought I remembered her torturing her with the torture curse...then I saw Bellatrix writing 'mudblood' on her arm and I thought I remembered it wrong or something. And actually, that line where Harry tells Ron that he loves Hermione like a sister, nothing more, is one that I remember very vividly from the book. I dunno why...it's just that one line that I remember, and then it wasn't in the movie...=(.

George walking in on Ginny and Harry making out was absolutely hilarious. This is exactly why I love George <3. And his little joking with Fred when he loses his ear is still funny to me, even though it's a serious situation and Fred looked really scared...leave it to the Weasley twins to lighten the mood.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:16 am
I did indeed go in costume. I had received my wand in the mail earlier on Thursday, and couldn't possibly go without dressing up. I'm glad I did, for it was quite cold for the midnight premiere and the Hogwarts sweater I had on was quite warm.

I loved this movie! I was dreading that they'd make another bad-tasting one like six, but this went back to the brilliance of OotP.

I absolutely loved Dobby! My only complaint on Dobby's appearance was that they didn't make him wear lots of normal free elf clothes like socks. Otherwise, he was brilliant! I did cry when he died. They handled that scenario rather well.

I interpreted the Manor scene differently, I suppose. I just thought they had Bellatrix carving Mudblood into Hermione's arm as an additional torture to the Cruciatus curse.

I was a bit confused when Wormtail didn't technically die. What, are they actually going to do the Lupin/Wormy duel that fans were calling for? Or do they expect us to assume that he died, even though he wasn't shown strangling himself or anything. Just getting disarmed by Dobby.

They expected us to assume that Harry had indeed received the mirror and broken the mirror, and that Dobby could just run into Kreacher in Diagon Alley when Kreacher's tracking Mundungus. But assuming a death? That's a bit much.

I enjoyed the transition into animation for the Bard's Tale. That was pulled off really well. I wish they put in the conversation between the three on which Deathly Hallow they would pick, but they understandably didn't.

Luna and her father were both brilliant! I loved them.

And it ended in just the spot I thought it would. Overall, quite a brilliant movie.

Matelia legwll

LooKat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:52 am
I loved the dance scene!  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out