Welcome to Gaia! ::

Debate/Discuss Religion

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to discussing and debating different aspects of various world religions 

Tags: religion, faith, tolerance, discuss, debate 

Reply Religious Debate
What Is Truely Satanism? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Insatiable Design

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:12 pm
icy_innocense
OH MY GOODNESS. well you obviously havent done your research my friend.you said you havent heard of any experiences with God besides near-death experiences?
1: Hawaii: During a Catholic Mass, the priest held up the bread to become body and after the blessing, the bread turned into A LIVE BEATING HEART.
2: a somewhat recent priest (now a saint) recieved the stigmata (wounds of Christ) this is documented and proven. there are picture of him giving the mass, his wounds, bleeding in excruciating pain, holds, blessing the bread.
3: a HUGE Catholic miracle: in a crowded part of a town(i dont know exactly where) rose petals fell from the sky. when one picked one up the was inprints of saints(ive seen one with my own eyes and theres no possible way a human being could create anything like this.) this happened a while ago.
4:numerous saints' bodys incorruptable. there is no way that could happen in nature so perfectly.
5 sad i dont know where) while blessing the body of Christ the bread bled, is is still bleeding to this day.
6: Saint Bernedette: after Bernedette spoke to the Virgin Mary, The sun danced around in the sky and looked like it was about to hit the earth. there was a HUGE crowd that witnessed this phenominnom. ( look it up for the story more in depth.)
SO SIR,
do the reasearch,
with much love,
Caroline (icy-innocense)

The funny thing is, even if you can prove all these things really did happen, they are not proof of the existence of the Abrahamic God as there are other possible explanations for every single one of them. This is exactly why I consider myself an agnostic theist - every "proof" or miracle has multiple possible explanations.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:27 pm
Mothette
icy_innocense
OH MY GOODNESS. well you obviously havent done your research my friend.you said you havent heard of any experiences with God besides near-death experiences?
1: Hawaii: During a Catholic Mass, the priest held up the bread to become body and after the blessing, the bread turned into A LIVE BEATING HEART.
2: a somewhat recent priest (now a saint) recieved the stigmata (wounds of Christ) this is documented and proven. there are picture of him giving the mass, his wounds, bleeding in excruciating pain, holds, blessing the bread.
3: a HUGE Catholic miracle: in a crowded part of a town(i dont know exactly where) rose petals fell from the sky. when one picked one up the was inprints of saints(ive seen one with my own eyes and theres no possible way a human being could create anything like this.) this happened a while ago.
4:numerous saints' bodys incorruptable. there is no way that could happen in nature so perfectly.
5 sad i dont know where) while blessing the body of Christ the bread bled, is is still bleeding to this day.
6: Saint Bernedette: after Bernedette spoke to the Virgin Mary, The sun danced around in the sky and looked like it was about to hit the earth. there was a HUGE crowd that witnessed this phenominnom. ( look it up for the story more in depth.)
SO SIR,
do the reasearch,
with much love,
Caroline (icy-innocense)

The funny thing is, even if you can prove all these things really did happen, they are not proof of the existence of the Abrahamic God as there are other possible explanations for every single one of them. This is exactly why I consider myself an agnostic theist - every "proof" or miracle has multiple possible explanations.

Bingo. cool  

Captain_Shinzo

6,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

somebodys_PeNgUIN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:37 pm
Let me preface by saying that I am a Christian. Now, to the matter at hand:

nasty evil buttfaced man
Satanism is all about improving your life and getting help and guidance from the spirit world. Unlike other religions which are purely based on blind faith Satanism is very real, and you actually get results from practicing it.

The idea expressed in the first sentence, though it may not be the focal point of all religions, is at least a facet of all. Every believer of every faith and belief system on the planet seeks some sort of guidance from a higher consciousness--whether it be the Christian/Abrahamic God, a universal soul, a pantheon of deities, Allah, nature, spirits, magic, science, aliens, a collective, etc.--in the hopes of improving their stay on Earth. This isn't unique to Satanism.

Neither are "results." Many people have claimed to have seen stigmatas, heard voices, experienced enlightenment, remembered past lives, etc. However, these testimonies (like yours) can only be verified by an individual or a small group of people. Accepting their validity is a completely personal, subjective experience. Skeptics may simply write them off as some other naturally occurring phenomenon.

Also, understand that even Satanism begins as blind faith. In an instant of skeptical prayer/observation/meditation/ritual/other, the practitioner or onlooker assumes that something might happen without any evidence from the senses.

Quote:
Rituals are not just ceremonial they are done for a reason.

I read your response to Sanguina Cruenta where you defended this statement by citing Christian Communion as an example. Please read the following:

christianity.about.com

* In observing Communion we are remembering Christ and all that He has done for us in his life, death and resurrection:
And when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 1 Corinthians 11:24 (NIV)

* When observing Communion we take time to examine ourselves:
A man ought to examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup. 1 Corinthians 11:28 (NIV)

* In observing Communion we are proclaiming His death until He comes. It is, then, a statement of faith:
For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. 1 Corinthians 11:26 (NIV)

* When we observe Communion we show our participation in the body of Christ. His life becomes our life and we become members of each other:
Is not the cup of thanksgiving for which we give thanks a participation in the blood of Christ? And is not the bread that we break a participation in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all partake of the one loaf. 1 Corinthians 10:16-17 (NIV)

http://christianity.about.com/od/faqhelpdesk/f/whatiscommunion.htm

As you can see, there is a "reason" (or, more accurately, there are reasons) Christians participate in Communion. Sanguina Cruenta's question regarding your take on religious sacraments still stands:

Sanguina Cruenta
Can you give some examples of rituals that are not done for a reason? That are ceremonial and nothing more?

Religious Debate

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff