Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Extended Discussion
The Devil is why humans are evil. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the Devil real?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
  I Don't Know
  I Don't Care
View Results

MAGIEmage

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:15 pm
I believe people who say that are just trying to hide their own human nature behind something no one can prove or disprove.. No offense to anyone. I mean sure, if you're christian you might believe something like that. When I was younger I believed in something like that. It's stupid because, the devil might not even exist. People are blaming something that can't prove is real for their own human nature? Doesn't that just sound silly? People are allowed to believe in what they believe. I'm not going to say someone who believes in something like this is stupid. I just think the idea is dumb. ((My opinion.))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:26 pm
I personally don't believe in "the devil", but people always talk about how everything is caused by him etc, but whenever the bible talks about the end of the world, god and his angels are the one's destroying the planet. What's up with that, eh?  

TylerAnnihilate

Sarah_L_Awesome

5,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:28 pm
in my eyes the devil is just one of those stupid things some guy who was probably high on magic mushrooms or something came up with to explain to the midevil times police officer why they were running through the kingdom naked singing "staaaar trekin' across the universe in the starship enterprise under captain kirk!"

besides, who really wants to believe in the devil? i personally don't want to think that if i decide to curse at something, for eternity i'm gonna be burning in lava. that doesn't really sound fun but as i said, the person was probably high on magic mushrooms or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:27 pm
Why do people create scapegoats anyways? Why can't people just accpet that there are some things they can't control?  

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:46 pm
*sigh*
in the original ideals of monotheistic religions, there was only one god. this was actually God as in the christian sence. he was considered responsible for both the good happenings and bad happenings. eventually, people began to think that it was wrong/hard to worship the god that smite your children down from a plauge or horrible accident as the same god who gave you a good harvest this year.
thus, the idea of an evil deity, (in our case the devil), was born. they started on the path that we now know today as good vs. evil, whereas it didnt really exist in the sence before.
***keep in mind that this is only applying to monotheism. polytheists had good and evil gods/goddesses pretty much from the start.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:47 am
IM not an athiest or anything but im not a big believer, but if there is a god, god is the one who gave us a choice to do what we want, if we choose to believe in the devil it is because god made us to believe in him, gos gave us the choice to drink or be healthy, he gave us the choice to do drugs, he gave us free will and in the end it is the path that he apparently set us on, so who is there to blame, yes you can say god, you can say the devil, but technically all the devil would to is feed off the bad things we do, WE chose to do those things and there is nobody to blame but us, god gave us the choices and we chose the wrong ones, i may not be the smartest person, i dont even really believe, but i say my actions good or bad my choice to make,  

Keira Hawkeye

Desirable Businesswoman

10,275 Points
  • Married 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200

Mafdet of Egypt

Dedicated Lover

9,300 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:28 pm
One of the many reasons that I have never been a Christian as my mother wanted me to be was because I felt that all this talk that the devil was the complete and total reason behind all the wrong was that the religion used him as a scapegoat. Frankly, humans had meddled with the bible so much that by this point, you can't really be sure that it was ever written by a disciple of God or even if it had been just a really long storybook back in the day. You certainly can't prove it right or wrong there.

Not to mention that I don't think that the devil would go out of his/her way to make you "do" anything. If anything, for all we know, Lucifer was actually asked by God to keep Hell under control, and just over the years that it changed from that to being banished and the evil creature that makes us do all the wrong. Again, we can't be sure! And it's just a theory.

Regardless, if anything, is that it's better to place the blame on 'the ultimate evil being' for their bad decisions rather than themselves. That is all I can see, though just take the blame for what you did to yourself and make yourself a better person by learning and improving.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:16 pm
I don't agree that a devil or god even exist. I see no evidence for either of them.  

Call Me Arizona

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:06 pm
Personally I don't believe in a devil or religious (though maybe spiritual) and I agree, people uses the devil as an excuse instead of admitting their wrong doings.

I don't believe that people are born good or evil. We are faced with many choices and decisions in life. Some choices we make a good, help others or just doesn't hurt anyone and other choices are bad or harmful. People need to own up to the bad choices they made. They aren't forced to make that decision, they aren't forced to be jerks or unwilling to learn and help others.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:53 am
I pretty much just think that people are selfish. If someone is a "good" person, it's because doing good makes them feel fulfilled, or warm and fuzzy, or some other positive emotion. And then "bad" people would rather just help themselves, because I guess they don't get the warm fuzzies from helping others.

I'm kind of cynical.  

Tyshia2

NocturneKefka666

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 am
I beleve we are all born true netural,good evil law and chaos are factors we inheret later in life!!!  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff