• Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:02 pm
Im In The Airwaves JM
Radioactive Condoms
Bumping for Airwaves biggrin

How sweet, you bumped for me <3

Anywhom.

I've been thinking about it and talking to my boyfriend about it. He's a few years older then I, and by the time I start college he should have his own apartment/house/whatever. I was talking to him and he said he'd get one as close to the college of my choice as he can so if my roomate is an a** and would tattle on me for having a snake, he'd take it in. Mind you my man hates snakes so this is big for him.
awe thats so sweet biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:27 pm
Im In The Airwaves JM
Radioactive Condoms

Anywhom.

I've been thinking about it and talking to my boyfriend about it. He's a few years older then I, and by the time I start college he should have his own apartment/house/whatever. I was talking to him and he said he'd get one as close to the college of my choice as he can so if my roomate is an a** and would tattle on me for having a snake, he'd take it in. Mind you my man hates snakes so this is big for him.

Oh wow, that is so sweet! He sounds like a keeper. wink

I've always wondered what I would do with my animals when I go to college, so I've been looking in advance at houses/apartments near campus. Either that, or I'd have to hope my roommate is a serious animal lover lol.

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:34 pm
Radioactive Condoms
Im In The Airwaves JM
Radioactive Condoms

Anywhom.

Oh wow, that is so sweet! He sounds like a keeper. wink

I've always wondered what I would do with my animals when I go to college, so I've been looking in advance at houses/apartments near campus. Either that, or I'd have to hope my roommate is a serious animal lover lol.

He's very much a keeper.

lol. I was talking to the dad of the kid I babysit about the snakes and stuff and he said 'Yeah. Unless your roomie is a total jerk, you can get away with it. I let my roomie get away with it.'

RC, when did you say your current batch of eggs is going to be ready? If it's late enough I might be able to buy from this round. If I need more time, I'll buy from the next one.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:01 pm
hey condoms, would you be willing to sell me a baby if i can get my fiance to say yes to another snake?  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:32 pm
Well, it depends on how many people are on the waiting list and what all is in the clutch. I have a few people saying, "Oh, I'll get one IF it's this morph" so it basically boils down to what hatches. They're due to hatch in about 23 days, and then will be ready for new homes in about 1 month after that. So probably around Mid-October is when they'll be ready.

Shanna: Lol sure, if we have some left. Otherwise, we'll be breeding Maybelle around Oct to Zach, the pastel. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:57 pm
awesome mrgreen i dont care what morph, i just really want one of your snakes. i trust you much more than most of the big breeders out there  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:59 pm
Radioactive Condoms
Well, it depends on how many people are on the waiting list and what all is in the clutch. I have a few people saying, "Oh, I'll get one IF it's this morph" so it basically boils down to what hatches. They're due to hatch in about 23 days, and then will be ready for new homes in about 1 month after that. So probably around Mid-October is when they'll be ready.

Shanna: Lol sure, if we have some left. Otherwise, we'll be breeding Maybelle around Oct to Zach, the pastel. biggrin

I don't care about morphs. I want one <3 My birthday is in early October, I'll ask for snake supplies and money for my birthday and hopefully be ready for it by then.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:29 pm
Oh, since I think I forgot to post it before, but this is a good care sheet to go by:

Species: Ball/Royal Python

Sexing and Characteristics: Ball Pythons only reach between 4-5 foot. 6 is possible but rare. Females Tend to grow larger than males.
These Snakes can live into they’re 40’s if well looked after.
There are 3 ways to sex a snake, some more accurate than others:
1. Take your snake to a herp vet and have it probed. This is the safest and most accurate way to sex a snake.
2. Have your snake popped by an experienced handler.

Mostly Active During: Night

Substrate and Water Needs: For substrate you can use Aspen or Newspaper. They are my favorite. Avoid cedar and pine! They're toxic.
Newspaper is better for a younger snake as its easier to clean, but it doesn't look very attractive. They should be given fresh water everyday.

Temperatures and Humidity: Temperatures should be around 92F on the Warm side and 82F on the cold side. The Temperature should not drop below 75F otherwise this can cause problems for you’re snake.
The Humidity should be kept about 40%-50% and boosted to 70% during shed. The Humidity can be boosted as simply as putting in a larger water dish, and lowered by putting in smaller water dish. These snakes don't usually soak so they do not need a water dish big enough to soak in. If they soak there is usually a problem. Check your husbandry and check the snake for mites and ticks. If the problem continues get your snake to a vet.

Heating and Equipment:1 UTH (Under Tank Heater)
Remember this is a UNDER Tank heater and
goes under the enclosure.
1 Thermostat
To control the Temperatures
2 Identical Hides
One for the warm side and one for the cold side(I usually only use one hide placed in the middle and have not encountered any problems).
1 Digital Hydro/Thermometer
This is an accurate way of reading the Temperatures and Humidity of your snakes enclosure, DO NOT BUY A DIAL READER, they are not accurate.
1 Water Dish
NO HEAT ROCKS They will burn your snake

Caging Provided: These snakes are ground snakes and do not climb so you do not need a 6 foot tall cage. Young Ball Pythons need a 10Gallon vivarium where adults should be housed a 30Gallon. Too much space can cause them to feel venerable and stop eating. Make sure you secure the top of your enclosure as ball pythons are escape artists just like all snakes.

Description of Diet: Ball Pythons can eat hoppers as hatching and quickly move onto adult mice. You should not feed your ball python pinks or fuzzies. They are way to small. You should be feeding your Ball python 1 Adult mouse every 5 to 7 days. I feed mine every 7 days.
Rule of thumb is to never feed your snake anything that's bigger than the girth of the snake.
You should feed them in they’re enclosure. Removing them can cause stress. If you feed them in the enclosure the snake has a chance of eating his substrate. You should give your snake 24 hours to Digest They’re food before you handle it again.

Some Words on this Species: These snakes are very easy to keep. Very docile and great with children but make sure your ball python is Captive Bred (CB) from a reliable breeder. A great snake to begin with.

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:00 pm
Bump biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:08 am
the fiance said i could get another aball python, he also wanted to know how much your selling them for. remember, ill be happy with any morph and i dont care what gender  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:23 am
Shanna66
the fiance said i could get another aball python, he also wanted to know how much your selling them for. remember, ill be happy with any morph and i dont care what gender
in other words any snake razz  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:57 pm
Lol awesome! Don't get your hopes up yet though, I still have to see who all here is actually going to get one first. I've got about 13 people on a list(including you and airwaves) so far but some are "iffy" so we'll see how it works out. I also have to figure out how to ship them as well.

For normal males, I'll probably only charge shipping and, depending on if I have a job or not, probably $10 just so I can afford food for the rest. Though, I'm not exactly sure HOW you charge shipping? :O

I'm still hoping for spiders though. XD

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

Azusanga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:09 am
I think for charging shipping you basically charge them for how much you had to pay to ship it. At least, that's what I'd do.

Dang. I've got nearly $100 saved for this thing, I was like 'I hope she doesn't charge too much D:' No worries there.

You should talk to Nilla about shipping. Though it's not exactly the same species she got a turtle shipped to her. Otherwise, you can probably contact a breeder who ships and ask him/her how they go about doing so.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:31 pm
Im In The Airwaves JM
I think for charging shipping you basically charge them for how much you had to pay to ship it. At least, that's what I'd do.

Dang. I've got nearly $100 saved for this thing, I was like 'I hope she doesn't charge too much D:' No worries there.

You should talk to Nilla about shipping. Though it's not exactly the same species she got a turtle shipped to her. Otherwise, you can probably contact a breeder who ships and ask him/her how they go about doing so.

Holy crap lol, I wish I could save up money that fast. Anyway, I've figured out the prices for the most part, but it still depends what comes out. I know if there's spiders, I'm keeping a male and a female and my friend(who studded her male to Nyx) is getting the pick of the clutch.

But, if there's any spiders left after that, I looked up what the cheapest prices on male and females are, and have decided that I'm going to charge $175 for males, and $200 for females.
Normals will only be $30 locally or $10+shipping. Does that sound good? I tried to pick the cheapest prices that I've seen them going for. I'll talk to Nilla tomorrow about how to go about shipping, or I'll ask around on repticzone. smile

Also Update: I candled the eggs last night(at 39 days) and I can see patterns! Not enough to tell what morphs they were, but it was pretty cool nonetheless. biggrin

Radioactive Condoms

Magnetic Member

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 pm
sounds good. if there are any extra spiders i would like one, but as i said, morph isnt that important to me so im still fine with a normal whee  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff