Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Alice In the Country Of Hearts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lily of the Sword
Crew

6,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:53 pm
Sorry I haven't been around in a while.

Today I picked up the manga called "Alice In the Country Of Hearts". I have to say, this manga is intriguing. It seems to be a lot better than some of the others I've seen. So far there is only one character I cannot recognize and he is Mary Gowland (Merry Go-Round). And yes, Mary is a guy. It was odd. xD
I don't know who this character is and it seems like all of the characters with faces are from somewhere within the original books.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:54 pm
I love this series. <3 I just saw it's English release in person today, and I'm so excited about how good it looks! I can't wait to read it legally, tehe. XD

It makes me really, really want to play the games. T^T They're good, bloody/romantic fun.

As for Mary, I'm not sure... he's funny, though. I think it may be a pun on his occupation as you've pointed out, though.

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:25 am
Well~ This particular manga is what pulled me back to my Alice in Wonderland obsession, but actually Mary is thought to be some sort of joke on the Duchess actually. Otherwise hes an original character mostly.

Another people don't seem to link is Nightmare, who is actually..the caterpillar.

I've become a bit of a sappy addict to the story, and the idea of the characters being particular roles and whatnot. Actually I have intentions of attempting to cosplay Boris Airay who is the Cheshire Cat representation, although that idea is far off unfortunately.

Ask away about anything I can probably tell ya or find out within a day. ^.^

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:13 pm
I've heard about it but still need to read it! 3nodding  

CharmerX

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:51 pm
You really should, Charm. I've fallen WAY behind in the series, so I'm going to have to go back and read it myself sometime soon. I'm so bad about continuing series. @_@;

Asiril, I knew I liked you for a reason. XD That's cool; to be honest, I hadn't even thought about Nightmare's 'role' in the series... though, now that you point it out, it makes perfect sense. >_>;;;;; *ish lame*

And this strikes me as a fun series to cosplay from; lots of cool costumes and fun characters. <3

The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games