Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:04 pm
an off gaia promotion? Is there an off gaia forums for it? like.. ever in the event that gaia is offline for some reason?

also, another question/suggestion i have is...

When people are going through quests to approve them; if you look at one and see something that isn't up to par to have it approved.. could the people reviewing maybe post in the thread or edit into the first post what needs to be worked on in order to round the character out more?

Like... if we think it's ready and not approved.. we might not have any idea which part we need to work on.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:29 pm
Question!

So I have an idea for a voodoo doll named Poppet. Right now, I'm writing him as if he were a spirit possessing the doll, but I'm not 100% sure if that's kosher, or if that would be something that ought to be his Fear power if so. The other idea that I had would be to put him in a racial pile something like what Oogie Boogie was (and thereby use his Fear power in the way that I'm already planning), but I don't really know what the heck that would count as. So, two questions: First, is it cool to have a spirit character that is possessing another form? And second, what would Oogie Boogie be classified as, and is it all right to make characters in that same vein?  

Arrien

Strait Jacket Girl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:40 pm
Grace: Some Admins will Post in the quest thread when looking over it other will PM, they will get back to you on your quest if they believe something should be changed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:53 pm
Urimian
'Nother question about fear! Does my character has to know about his fear before the school year? Or can he not know it at the start of the year, and then slowly learn it?

The student when entering the school year will vaguely know what their fear is but their control will be limited.  

Strait Jacket Girl

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 pm
Graceangel
an off gaia promotion? Is there an off gaia forums for it? like.. ever in the event that gaia is offline for some reason?

No

also, another question/suggestion i have is...

When people are going through quests to approve them; if you look at one and see something that isn't up to par to have it approved.. could the people reviewing maybe post in the thread or edit into the first post what needs to be worked on in order to round the character out more?

Like... if we think it's ready and not approved.. we might not have any idea which part we need to work on.

D: We indicate which quests we're going over. We contact the quester, either by PM or posting in the thread. Anything that has problems, we point it out, make suggestions, and work with you until it's acceptable. It's no just a yes/no thing. Most of the threads going through right now? They're being reviewed either through PM or IM, so you just aren't seeing the actual review process for those.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 pm
Arrien
Question!

So I have an idea for a voodoo doll named Poppet. Right now, I'm writing him as if he were a spirit possessing the doll, but I'm not 100% sure if that's kosher, or if that would be something that ought to be his Fear power if so. The other idea that I had would be to put him in a racial pile something like what Oogie Boogie was (and thereby use his Fear power in the way that I'm already planning), but I don't really know what the heck that would count as. So, two questions: First, is it cool to have a spirit character that is possessing another form? And second, what would Oogie Boogie be classified as, and is it all right to make characters in that same vein?

Depends! If it's a ghost spirit, we'll have to discuss it in staff, and figure it out. If it's more of a golem type thing ~ or "living construct" then yes it's fine, there's already precedent, and it would be considered a Monster. Oogie is a monster. One that isn't really based on lore, which is A-OK for monsters! As making things up is cool for that species, provided they are somewhat "monstrous"  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Kaiba

Beloved Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:41 am
I heard something about Teacher's Aids. How does a character become a TA, or is it something we have to specifically apply for?

In the same vein, other than becoming a member of staff and getting a teacher character, what are other (if any) ways to play an 'adult' character? Could my character perhaps be the school librarian (as an example)?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:36 am
D: Any teachers with STDs are free to keep that information personal. Should any teacher approach a student in a manner where their sexual wellness becomes a concern for said student, please report to the Headmistress. As she will solve such problems by cutting it off. Thank you.

School Staff = Shop Staff atm, adult staff characters may come up in events, but for now please refrain from counting chickens, keeping eggs in a single basket, or lifting hopes above your head.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

XxEternal MelodyxX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:12 am
Are we allowed to quest for twin characters?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:37 am
If they fit into Halloween, and they are twins for a good reason (such as their species) ~ also unless they are super conjoined ~ or you're questing with another person ~ getting the needed two slots is gonna be hella hard for anybody wanting such siblings to themselves  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

XxEternal MelodyxX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:26 pm
Would you consider a Bake-neko a monster or a demon? owo;;  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:37 pm
Graceangel

The promotion happened nearly a month ago, and now is null and void, now that the shop is released and the setup no longer an offsite spew of graphics. It was mostly through word of mouth.

All new characters released (from this date) are taken DIRECTLY FROM THE QUEST THREAD. IN FACT DONT BE SURPRISED IF WE TAKE A COUPLE MORE QUESTING ONES. Remember that questing fairy?

Teacher aids: After third year when you become an Alumni, you can apply to be a teacher's aid. This has to be approved with the 'teacher' moderator, and a plot worked out for.

Youkai: Any sort of 'japanese spirit' creature is actually a demon. That includes kappa, bakeneko, kitsune, tanuki, oni, etc etc.  

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:52 pm
Is it any more or less important for a character to have a last name? o uo  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:01 pm
Has the suggestion come up on going out and scaring humans?

o Ao

I think that would be a fun thing to see the various characters do.

>8D

Mriae

Devoted Cleric

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:56 pm
:'3 It's already in place. Those are considered "fieldtrips" and you'll be issued an Halloween passport before being able to visit the human world.

Characters can have a last name if they want ~ but its not a requirement  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces